A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - E.N. - 10-01-2023

It's the final, one of these songs will be declared the best song of 2022!

Will it be...

Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

...or...

yungblud - The Funeral

Votes on thread, the deadline is 10pm tomorrow or when everyone's voted

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - ShaneU - 10-01-2023

Yungblud I suppose...

Anyways, more disco! pac

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - RSOAPS - 10-01-2023

Whatever the result here I'll be happy with whomever wins from these two

I saw yungblud perform in 3Arena last year and it was a phenomenal gig, The Funeral live was class and I do really like it in general, but its nowhere near the best of yungblud's songs, and compared to the rest of his stuff it doesn't quite cut the mustard for me in this final pairing

She's All I Wanna Be on the other hand was one of my nominations, so obviously made quite the impact on me throughout the year ; the first couple of times I heard it, I didn't necessarily think much of it and felt it just blended into the sea of other pop songs, but the more times I heard, the more it grew on me, until suddenly I had it on all my playlists and was listening to it several times a day. I adore the bassline, love the drumbeat, and Tate McCrae's vocal delivery just drips with a nonchalant tone that I really really enjoy, so if it already wasn't clear, my vote is for...

Tate McCrae - She's All I Wanna Be

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - aaronjennings - 10-01-2023

Two great songs, a worthy final in my eyes

Big fan of She's All I Wanna Be, it is one of my favourite songs of the year, and as I said earlier, I did consider nominating it myself

However I can't vote for it, because the song I did nominate just so happens to be the other finalist Big Grin

I'll admit, I'm quite surprised at how well it's been received, I fully expected it to fall at the first hurdle. But I also thought it was catchy, and assumed it would be a little bit different from what the other nominations would offer up, which I think has served it well

So my vote is obviously going to Yungblud - The Funeral

(Sidenote: the fact that the final songs were nominated by @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick and myself makes this a rematch of The Fog Factor from a few months ago Big Grin)

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Necro - 10-01-2023

A decidely meh final for a decidely meh year for music.

Yungblud I suppose. Some of the better songs got knocked out in the groups tbh.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Edser - 10-01-2023

Yep, Yungblud too..

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - E.N. - 11-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 11:43 PM)Necro Wrote: Some of the better songs got knocked out in the groups tbh
That's your fault for giving my nomination one point Tongue

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - RSOAPS - 11-01-2023

Just a few YUNGBLUD songs superior to The Funeral if anyone is interested in checking out more from him

Tissues

I Love You, Will You Marry Me

Memories

Mars

Psychotic Kids

Parents

Fleabag

You missed this one Soapy Wink

This cover is utterly sublime

He makes me feel my age, but in a nice way. I don't love his music but I respect it, a lot. He's the sort of artist that makes me think the kids are alright

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - jp liz v1 - 11-01-2023

I'll vote Tate

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Kol - 11-01-2023

I think there were better songs in the tournament though this is a decent final. Not familiar with either. Not much in it for me though I will go with the song I would listen to more given the choice and that is Tate. Maybe it's her voice and it is a catchy song.

I don't listen much to contemporary music and wasn't expecting to like as many as I did, it has been a very good tournament overall

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - davetherave - 11-01-2023

Wouldn't be keen on yer mans style so it's going to have to be Tate McRea. Both by default, and it's okish I suppose.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Jluv - 11-01-2023

Youngblud here too out of those two. Did prefer others that I listened to along the way..

Nine votes in, and

[Image: this-is-anyones-game-jerry-oconnell.gif]

With the final delicately poised, I think I'm still waiting to hear from...

@ari101
@Butty Brennan
@Hello 2D Person Below
@Irish Aris
@Spears

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Spears - 11-01-2023

Sorry @E.N. I'm not long in the door..

Its no competition fir me here. 
Voting fir Yungblud ❤

Like the Tate song because it's catchy at the minute, but I know I'll get bored after a few weeks (as I do with most pop songs).

I'd listen to Yungblud over & over. 

He annoyed when he very first came on the scene because I thought he was a tad OTT. But I love everything about him now. 

His songs are always so much fun, & I love his 'I am what I am, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks' attitude 🤟..

I'd be very very pleased to see that win 🤞

(11-01-2023, 12:12 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 11:43 PM)Necro Wrote: Some of the better songs got knocked out in the groups tbh
That's your fault for giving my nomination one point Tongue

Which one was yours??

(No worries if your waiting to reveal all together)

(11-01-2023, 07:46 PM)Spears Wrote: Which one was yours??
Mine was Doomscroller by Metric. Love that tune, I think it's phenomenal. For a while it looked like i might need to nominate two to give good numbers, if so I think I'd have included I Love You by Fontaines DC as well

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - ShaneU - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 08:14 PM)E.N. Wrote:
Mine was Doomscroller by Metric. Love that tune, I think it's phenomenal. For a while it looked like i might need to nominate two to give good numbers, if so I think I'd have included I Love You by Fontaines DC as well
Great song!

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - ari101 - 11-01-2023

I'm going to go for Yungblud, it has grown on me a lot with the recent listens! Big Grin
It might not be my absolute fave but I'm bored with that Tate song already 🤣

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Butty Brennan - 11-01-2023

I'll have Yungblood too.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Irish Aris - 11-01-2023

Yungblud for me too please.

I'm not very fond of McRae's voice, though the song is decent.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Irish Aris - 11-01-2023

Yeah, fantastic song, this and Jessie Ware were my top-2 in this competition.
Still mad at myself that I didn't buy a ticket for their Academy concert at the end of the month.

(11-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Still mad at myself that I didn't buy a ticket for their Academy concert at the end of the month
Hadn't realised it had sold out. I was really hoping to go too, but my wife and sister in law are taking their Mam away for her birthday. It was due to be in December but they had to postpone when we got covid, and this was the only weekend they could all do anytime soon. Next time...

OK, with a final score of 9-4, the FOGies Song of the Year 2022 is
yungblud - The Funeral

Unfortunately he couldn't be here tonight to accept the award but I'm sure he's deeply honoured!

Here's how you guys did with your nominations, congrats to aaron for the winning entry and Soapy for a strong finalist

PlacingScorePlayerArtistSong
Winner49aaronyungbludThe Funeral
Finalist45SoapyTate McRaeShe's All I Wanna Be
Semi final50KolMimi WebbGhost of You
Semi final46LizDermot KennedyKiss Me
Quarter final50SpearsSigrid/Bring Me The HorizonBad Life
Quarter final49ShaneJessie WareFree Yourself
Quarter final45SoapyThe Big MoonTrouble
Quarter final44Hello 2DSoccer MommyShotgun
Group45NecroDavid Guetta etcCrazy What Love Can Do
Group44ENMetricDoomscroller
Group44Necro & ShaneLizzoAbout Damn Time
Group42ArisWombatsWildfire
Group42jluvLauren Spencer SmithFingers Crossed
Group40ButtyElton/BritneyHold Me Closer
Group38EdserGeorge EzraGreen Green Grass
Group37ariTaylor SwiftBejeweled
Group35daveLongest JohnsRolling Along
Group31DejaBooKenny ChesneyKnowing You
Group29HomerBeth OrtonWeather Alive
Group28ButtyEliza RoseBOTA

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoyed it Smile

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Kol - 11-01-2023

Well done @aaronjennings and well played @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick also

Great tournament @E.N. thanks for running it. Great format with the groups, worked really well

I think it was obvious that was your submission 😊

I'd say @Rikand would have liked that one.

One thing at least, you certainly have a style in your music taste, & as much as your choices are not always received well, you stick to what you like & they'd certainly be missed in the games.

I liked the song, just felt it was too long for me like I said in me first voting.
Don't know why, but I just don't like a song to go on fir thst long. 
Even half the song would have probably been a bit long for me 😁

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - aaronjennings - 11-01-2023

Congratulations to Young Mr Blud, I'll make sure he gets his £250 cheque in the mail

Thanks for running this EN, it was a great game Smile

Can't be mad at that result

Great game @E.N.

(11-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Irish Aris Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 08:14 PM)E.N. Wrote: Mine was Doomscroller by Metric. Love that tune, I think it's phenomenal. For a while it looked like i might need to nominate two to give good numbers, if so I think I'd have included I Love You by Fontaines DC as well

Yeah, fantastic song, this and Jessie Ware were my top-2 in this competition.
Still mad at myself that I didn't buy a ticket for their Academy concert at the end of the month.

Bought my ticket for Metric the day they went on sale. Can't wait!

Congrats @aaronjennings well done on the win 🏆 
Can't ever go wrong with a Yungbkud song!

Thanks for running @E.N.👌
really enjoyed guessing who submitted each song aswel. Even though I was wrong on a good few 😋

Same time next year, yeah?? 🤗🤗

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - E.N. - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 11:14 PM)Spears Wrote: I liked the song, just felt it was too long for me like I said in me first voting.
Don't know why, but I just don't like a song to go on fir thst long. 
Even half the song would have probably been a bit long for me 😁
Well, obviously I disagree, why would you want to limit your enjoyment if it's a song you like?

In the case of Doomscroller, though, the final few minutes break through the early depression and despair and it ends with beauty and optimism. You need the journey there to appreciate the payoff, but I don't think you even came to it. To me, that's like walking out on a play after the second act

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Jluv - 12-01-2023

Congrats @aaronjennings ! I really didn't think I'd like that song but it grew on me.
Thanks @E.N. for running this. I enjoyed listening to the songs..

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Hello 2D Person Below - 12-01-2023

A My Chemical Romance tribute act the winner? Surely most people here were too old to be in their early-teens in the early-mid 2000s?

I didn't listen to much music in 2022 but at least it looks like I didn't miss much if those finalists are the finest the year had to offer.

Also, my Soccer Mommy losing to the charisma blackhole that couldn't hold a note to Chris Doran...

Well done to EN on a well run ship! Sorry I missed the last week of festivities.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - jp liz v1 - 12-01-2023

Congratulations @aaronjennings and @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick and thank you @E.N.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - ari101 - 12-01-2023

Thanks EN for putting this together was good fun, nice format, manageable timelines!
aaron it was a good choice! 😁
My favourite was probably Spears entry 👏

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - RSOAPS - 29-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 11:22 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Bought my ticket for Metric the day they went on sale. Can't wait!

@E.N. @Irish Aris ye missed a phenomenal gig tonight. I think it very well might've been the best gig I've ever been to, and as you may be aware I've seen a fair few gigs in my time. Was such a shame neither of you got to be there

Been listening to their stuff since about 2006, so its been a long time coming finally getting to see them live, and I was concerned beforehand it might not live up to my high expectations, but I had nothing to worry about

They opened with Doomscroller and it was UNREAL! I actually thought they'd have a tough time topping such a strong opener, but it just got better and better as the night went on. It was one of those gigs where they were getting emotional at how much the audience were in to it and just fed off the energy of the crowd

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - E.N. - 29-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 12:14 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I think it very well might've been the best gig I've ever been to
[Image: community-alisonbrie.gif]

Nah, delighted for you that it was so good. I did see how they open in a YouTube video, obviously the video was terrible but I could tell it would be epic being there. Gutted I couldn't make it

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - Irish Aris - 29-01-2023

Delighted for you RSOAPS!! I kept an eye for any last minute tickets, nothing came up unfortunately.

RE: FOG's Song Of The Year 2022 - ShaneU - 07-02-2023

(09-01-2023, 01:37 AM)ShaneU Wrote: Dermot Kennedy vs Soccer Mommy

Dermot qualifying over Lizzo is a travesty. Most bland and boring artist this island has ever produced. He needs to go, don't care how much you fancy him.

I'll just leave this here....