A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=171)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - jp liz v1 - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 07:57 PM)Baggly Wrote: I'm not a wolf. I know you guys don't know that for sure... But I'm not. I'll say I told you so after the game if ye lynch me.

So RV? I am wrong being NRV and seeking peek but you are OK to claim not a wolf? 

I just ask seer please no fake peeks

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - lorcand1990 - 04-10-2021

#FFA1
Neo for the whole vig thing, just seemed to cause confusion & for post 84, seems a bit staged a very quick to vote . My vote probably going here
Nothing for posting nearly all fluff, very little hunting
Not sure on my 3rd but probably Baggly or Duffman. Maybe it's a posting stye thing for Baggly but something about them seems off, first post of any real meaning was accusing Ladyskunk of being a wolf. Duffman for very little posting of substance

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Leg End Reject - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 08:03 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:41 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with the new reply function? I've tried three times now, but it keeps freezing (I'm on mobile).

I can't see the posts I had quoted now but what has stood out to me so far:

@jp liz v1 why would you narrow the number of players wolves have to pick from to identify a RV this early?
@Neowise please explain the odd/even numbers thing? Also why is the TWTBW post Wolfy???
@jp liz v1 vig can help wolves also if they are trigger happy and aim towards village players!

odd number of villager, game ends on a lynch.
even number of villagers, last lynch is 4 players, not good, game ends on a munch, so better if the vig has a shot and makes the game odd.
Just before my post! I still don't follow, surely there's power in numbers regardless of whether the village numbers are odd/even?

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Neowise - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 07:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:45 PM)Neowise Wrote: We have a body guard. Recalculate that.
In previous games they couldn't protect the same person on consecutive nights though. Guirienespana has spoken about the bg protecting elsewhere after reveal as the wolves will assume the vig is protected and then protecting the vig the next night, but that at best has the vig safe for 2 nights. It's risky so early in the game.

Are you saying that you know what the wolves are going to do?
But now they know that you know what they are going to do!
So they won't do what they know that you know they know they know, so they do that other thing........

My FFA at the moment is

Guirienespana
Neowise/LadySkunk
Baggly

I'm getting village good lean on lorcand1990 nothing and leg end

(04-10-2021, 07:50 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Fceking hell I am confused

I offered myself to be peeked as to clear me as NRV, I don't want any RV to come out

Don't worry, i wouldn't come out because you posted that you are an NRV. You post that you are an NRV every game, unprovoked, no matter you actual role.

(04-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: In previous games they couldn't protect the same person on consecutive nights though. Guirienespana has spoken about the bg protecting elsewhere after reveal as the wolves will assume the vig is protected and then protecting the vig the next night, but that at best has the vig safe for 2 nights. It's risky so early in the game.

Are you saying that you know what the wolves are going to do?
But now they know that you know what they are going to do!
So they won't do what they know that you know they know they know, so they do that other thing........
My head is spinning trying to follow your posts!

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - nothing - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 08:09 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: #FFA1
Neo for the whole vig thing, just seemed to cause confusion & for post 84, seems a bit staged a very quick to vote . My vote probably going here
Not sure on my 3rd but probably Baggly or Duffman. Maybe it's a posting stye thing for Baggly but something about them seems off, first post of any real meaning was accusing Ladyskunk of being a wolf. Duffman for very little posting of substance

But hunt based on what? There's hardly anything to go on, there's no point in rehashing other ISOs as there's so little in it. I get where you're coming from, just wanted to explain. Day 1 is always tough.

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - guirienespana - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 07:53 PM)Baggly Wrote: Still a pool of 8 tbh.

Plus everyone is always gonna declare nrv. I don't get where you are going with this. Seems a bit of a flat cake.
Please explain how it’s a pool of 8 and why everyone’s going to declare nrv?

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Baggly - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 08:06 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:57 PM)Baggly Wrote: I'm not a wolf. I know you guys don't know that for sure... But I'm not. I'll say I told you so after the game if ye lynch me.

So RV? I am wrong being NRV and seeking peek but you are OK to claim not a wolf? 

Lol so hard at this.

Yes I do believe it's OK to say I'm not a wolf. Be a fun game if you couldn't like.

(04-10-2021, 08:13 PM)guirienespana Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:53 PM)Baggly Wrote: Still a pool of 8 tbh.

Plus everyone is always gonna declare nrv. I don't get where you are going with this. Seems a bit of a flat cake.
Please explain how it’s a pool of 8 and why everyone’s going to declare nrv?

What else are they going to claim?

(04-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:50 PM)Neowise Wrote: We have a body guard, they can't munch the obvious target. and vig won't be accidentally lynched tonight.
The bodyguard can't protect the same person on consecutive nights though if this plays like other games. The vig is wide open the next night, it's D1, it would be risky for the vig to reveal.

Thats in your opinion, in my opinion, its not too risky. Its the perfect time for a vig reveal.

FFA#1

Baggly - posting fluff, then bang calls LadySkunk a wolf
Neo - very few posts yesterday, quiet today, then bang jumps on LadySkunk too
Barney - just a hunch here because he isn't posting much.

(04-10-2021, 08:12 PM)nothing Wrote:

But hunt based on what? There's hardly anything to go on, there's no point in rehashing other ISOs as there's so little in it. I get where you're coming from, just wanted to explain. Day 1 is always tough.

Yeah I know, it'll get a bit easier once we get some lynch & vote results hopefully, I'll admit my d1 thoughts are far from perfect & I usually do better once I get some votes to analyse.. These are just my gut thoughts so far so plenty of time to turn it around  Smile

@cee_jay what are you asking me?

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - cee_jay - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 06:26 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 06:13 PM)LadySkunk Wrote: Is it not a bit early to be claiming no? If you're NRV why would you want the seer to waste a peek on you so early in the game?

It clears me but would be a waste of a peek

(04-10-2021, 08:12 PM)nothing Wrote:

What is your FFA?

(04-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: The bodyguard can't protect the same person on consecutive nights though if this plays like other games. The vig is wide open the next night, it's D1, it would be risky for the vig to reveal.

Thats in your opinion, in my opinion, its not too risky. Its the perfect time for a vig reveal.

I agree with keith. Vig is a double edged sword role. As likely to hurt village as help, especially in a small game. Revealing and having thr start of a core is valuable in itself. Id say wait til after munch tomorrow tho.

(04-10-2021, 06:26 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 06:13 PM)LadySkunk Wrote: Is it not a bit early to be claiming no? If you're NRV why would you want the seer to waste a peek on you so early in the game?

It clears me but would be a waste of a peek

(04-10-2021, 08:15 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: @cee_jay what are you asking me?
I don't know, I can't seem to clear that post from Everything I post.

Wagon forming on me based on very little tbh. And that's fine in a sense... It is d1. But what isn't fine is there are much more suss players posting and this is being ignored.

(04-10-2021, 08:16 PM)Baggly Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Neowise Wrote: Thats in your opinion, in my opinion, its not too risky. Its the perfect time for a vig reveal.

I agree with keith. Vig is a double edged sword role. As likely to hurt village as help, especially in a small game. Revealing and having thr start of a core is valuable in itself. Id say wait til after munch tomorrow tho.
Wtf is Keith????

Lynch at 9pm?
The thread seems a lot quieter than earlier. A sure sign the wolves are safe imo.

(04-10-2021, 07:59 PM)nothing Wrote: #FFA1 - based on very little, mostly gut, and not much else

Baggly
Neowise
Guirienespana 

Not voted yet, but will be on Baggly short any more info.

@cee_jay - have voted in the mean time

(04-10-2021, 08:04 PM)Baggly Wrote: The half baked thing is a good analogy because your theory on why liz shouldn't claim NRV is unproven (baking pun) and will thus likely turn out like a flat cake, as I said before.
OK, which part of my theory?
- that’s she’s claiming truthfully and is reducing the pool for wolves to hunt rvs
- that’s she’s false claiming to draw?attention away from her so she can perform her role?
- that’s she a wolf just doing her thing?

(04-10-2021, 08:18 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:16 PM)Baggly Wrote: I agree with keith. Vig is a double edged sword role. As likely to hurt village as help, especially in a small game. Revealing and having thr start of a core is valuable in itself. Id say wait til after munch tomorrow tho.
Wtf is Keith????

It's a Neo

Derp sorry personal info / previous boards account slippage.

He used to be called another name and its always stuck. Don't want to keep posting about it as its personal info.

FFA

Barney
nothing
Lady Skunk

Lady Skunk because she disappeared once she started getting heat.
nothing because she is calling for FFAs but haven't seen hers yet (I could be wrong having a nightmare with thread this eve)
Barney just because I haven't seen much or reasoning for his FFA

Sorry nothing is removed from my FFA

(04-10-2021, 08:19 PM)guirienespana Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:04 PM)Baggly Wrote: The half baked thing is a good analogy because your theory on why liz shouldn't claim NRV is unproven (baking pun) and will thus likely turn out like a flat cake, as I said before.
OK, which part of my theory?
- that’s she’s claiming truthfully and is reducing the pool for wolves to hunt rvs
- that’s she’s false claiming to draw?attention away from her so she can perform her role?
- that’s she a wolf just doing her thing?

The pool hasn't reduced though. Claiming nrv isn't really a claim. It's what everyone can claim. It's essentially meaningless except for posterity.

(04-10-2021, 08:18 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Lynch at 9pm?
The thread seems a lot quieter than earlier. A sure sign the wolves are safe imo.
You might be right but posts like these always stick out to me as trying to be overly village

(04-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Baggly Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:13 PM)guirienespana Wrote: Please explain how it’s a pool of 8 and why everyone’s going to declare nrv?

What else are they going to claim?
I’d expect the three village rvs to claim their actual roles. And wolves already know who they are so they won’t confuse their nrv claims with actual village ones.

(04-10-2021, 08:20 PM)cee_jay Wrote: FFA

Barney
nothing
Lady Skunk

nothing because she is calling for FFAs but haven't seen hers yet (I could be wrong having a nightmare with thread this eve)

Smile I even tagged you, you must have missed it, twice.

(04-10-2021, 08:00 PM)LadySkunk Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:42 PM)Neowise Wrote: Why would I be derped clear before I have even posted today?

I didn't do any derp worthy yesterday!

please explain.

If you bothered to read my other posts you would see that I explicitly said I didn't think there was anything wrong with you mentioning the flavour munch. The point I was making was that Guirespana and Lorcan mentioned me and Duffman for talking about it and I was questioning why that was the case when neither said anything about you for talking about the same thing

(04-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Neowise Wrote: Its a lie, we use loads of acronyms, and you know them, as you have shown with both the examples I ilsted.
twtbaw is not the only acronym you know, so why lei?

It's a lie? Sorry what? It was the only one I could think of when I posted. You do realise that I don't play werewolf as much as I used to so forgive me for forgetting some of the lingo.

And again, if you bothered to read my posts properly. I said I remembered OMGUS because I was feeling it. I'm hardly going to lie about acronyms and then post one a few posts after, that doesn't even make sense as a wolf tactic

I've read all your posts in the game up to this one.

It sttod out to me because to me it was a 100% lie.
So what if it was yourself in just a few posts that proved that it was in fact a lie.

I suppose villagers can lie too, but its not a good strategy for villlagers to lie, as I belive you yesterday emoted abouit how awful that would be in relation to a game recently played were the seer lied their pants off.

(04-10-2021, 08:21 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:20 PM)cee_jay Wrote: FFA

Barney
nothing
Lady Skunk

Smile I even tagged you, you must have missed it, twice.
No I was in the reply screen, it was a cross post

(04-10-2021, 08:13 PM)Baggly Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:06 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: So RV? I am wrong being NRV and seeking peek but you are OK to claim not a wolf? 

Lol so hard at this.

Yes I do believe it's OK to say I'm not a wolf. Be a fun game if you couldn't like.

Enjoy the Lols Baggly

(04-10-2021, 08:02 PM)LadySkunk Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:58 PM)Neowise Wrote: Skipping posts? How come you didn't read yesterdays posts?

Oh my god again, I already addressed the fact that I didn't read his first post properly. 

How come you're not reading any of my posts?
as i've already said, i've read all your post up until this one.

Why are you not even reading my posts!! Tongue Angel

(04-10-2021, 08:21 PM)guirienespana Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Baggly Wrote: What else are they going to claim?
I’d expect the three village rvs to claim their actual roles. And wolves already know who they are so they won’t confuse their nrv claims with actual village ones.

Eventually sure. But for now they need to stay hidden and if pushed will claim NRV unless up for lynch. 

This is a nonsense argument and doesn't deserve any more time leading up to the lynch beyond the below.

Claiming nrv is a basic thing to do and doesn't actually mean anything. To focus on that is just a trumped up theory so that you can say you have a rationale for suspecting someone. If you axtually thought it out or were being earnest you would see that.

(04-10-2021, 08:21 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
You might be right but posts like these always stick out to me as trying to be overly village

I don't understand this? My post is wolves are hiding as there is nothing happening on the thread, so your counter point is a wolf would pop their head up like this to gain attention? Makes no sense.

How?

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - LadySkunk - 04-10-2021

FFA

Neo - Jumped on me after Baggly leaned wolf, then used a ridiculous post to vote from, calls me a liar, doesn't read any of my posts properly, or reply to my responses. It just stinks of reaching to be honest.
Guirespana - For the whole calling out me and Duffman for mentioning flavour munch and nothing said about neo who brought it up first
Lorcan - Same as above, going a step further and then calling out Neo for it once questioned about it

I'm voting for Neo

(04-10-2021, 08:03 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 07:20 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I don't get the even/odd number relevance?

If the vig reveals they'll be a munch target, you said yourself that "their value is in being out there and  making the munch harder for the wolves, as they can't munch the obvious target."

Does the vig revealing not make them an easy target?

(04-10-2021, 07:41 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with the new reply function? I've tried three times now, but it keeps freezing (I'm on mobile).

I can't see the posts I had quoted now but what has stood out to me so far:

@jp liz v1 why would you narrow the number of players wolves have to pick from to identify a RV this early?
@Neowise please explain the odd/even numbers thing? Also why is the TWTBW post Wolfy???
@jp liz v1 vig can help wolves also if they are trigger happy and aim towards village players!

(04-10-2021, 07:44 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I really don't get the odd/even number thing either.

(04-10-2021, 07:55 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Neo, can you please explain the odd/even number relevance?

(04-10-2021, 07:58 PM)Neowise Wrote: Skipping posts? How come you didn't read yesterdays posts?
Speaking of skipping posts, Neo, can you please explain the odd/even number thing?

I did, ages ago. and i'm not skipping any posts.