A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:43 PM)Necro Wrote: Ted was really busy with RL stuff up until recently iirc.

I did PM him about here and he said he would be over at some stage.

Cool, we can be Teddy, Ted, Tedside then.  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Declan A Walsh - 04-08-2021

I have an account on Gubu but I have a cleverly disguised username!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Does anyone here watch a show called Virgin River?

Is that the one about a doctor who goes to a small town in America and meets a handsome man?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:50 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm on the couch having a beer.

Nice to see you, PM! The wherers are taking over one poster at a time. Big Grin

I dead though.

That would be the menopause

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Does anyone here watch a show called Virgin River?

Is that the one about a doctor who goes to a small town in America and meets a handsome man?

Yes! A nurse Smile Mel and the handsome man is Jack.

(04-08-2021, 11:05 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:

I dead though.

That would be the menopause

[Image: giphy.gif]

Touché! Big Grin

(04-08-2021, 11:06 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Is that the one about a doctor who goes to a small town in America and meets a handsome man?

I started watching it but meh, I is not a romantic!

(04-08-2021, 11:08 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:06 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Yes! A nurse Smile Mel and the handsome man is Jack.

I started watching it but meh, I is not a romantic!

I found it vomit inducing at the beginning but then got very invested in their lives. The location is really beautiful, somewhere in Canada.

(04-08-2021, 11:12 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:08 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I started watching it but meh, I is not a romantic!

I found it vomit inducing at the beginning but then got very invested in their lives. The location is really beautiful, somewhere in Canada.

Yeah, the scenery was amazing, but it seemed like a formulaic sad woman meets enigmatic man romance.

(04-08-2021, 11:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:12 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I found it vomit inducing at the beginning but then got very invested in their lives. The location is really beautiful, somewhere in Canada.

Yeah, the scenery was amazing, but it seemed like a formulaic sad woman meets enigmatic man romance.

It won't be winning any awards  Tongue

(04-08-2021, 11:30 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Yeah, the scenery was amazing, but it seemed like a formulaic sad woman meets enigmatic man romance.

It won't be winning any awards  Tongue

Not acting or script writing anyway!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - HildaSilvioOgden - 04-08-2021

I dead though.

Let's hope everyone feels equally welcome, and at home here, regardless of whether they are 'wherers' or not. Shy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 05-08-2021

Ah Silvio, ever the peacemaker..

Now holster that weapon

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - HildaSilvioOgden - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 12:11 AM)Trigger Wrote: Ah Silvio, ever the peacemaker..

Now holster that weapon

Big Grin Angel Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 05-08-2021

There were no such thing as non-weird encounters with bubbles.  Never met him in person, but I was on the receiving end of his rather unique brand of "humour" once when he created a profile imitating me and trolling the hell out of the site.  Total asshole that guy was.

I'm genuinely sad at what's happened Boards.  I joined in 2003 but never posted much, however it has been a large part of my life since 2006 when I had a bad accident and needed something to occupy myself with.  To say it has been life changing for me is an understatement, it's where I met Toto, and Ive also met a large number of truly excellent people (and a few dicks too, but that can't be helped) over the years.  I spent nearly 10 years as an admin on the site, plus quite a few more as a regular mod before that, so to see how the migration has ripped the soul from the site is awful to see.

The best thing about Boards was the communities that grew up all over the site, and unless something drastic is done with the new setup I can't see those communities ever re-forming.  But even at that I fear it may be too late and this may just be the start of a slow and lingering death for the site.  It'll be hard to attract new posters if the old ones don't want to post there any more.  Personally I'm finding I go days without ever looking at it now, mainly because it's so terrible on my phone, but that said it's not a whole heap better on my PC.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:56 PM)HildaSilvioOgden Wrote:

I dead though.

Let's hope everyone feels equally welcome, and at home here, regardless of whether they are 'wherers' or not. Shy

Everyone is welcome, Hilda!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-08-2021

I'll just clarify the wherers is one of the communities Zaph mentioned, but it was always open to new members.

A few dodgy reregs created suspicion but all of us jumped in at one stage and decided to stay. If it seems unwelcoming that was never the intention.

I was always wary of FG because I didn't understand a lot of the games, whereas here I just jumped in and figured it out as I went along (or not!).

There's a good vibe here and hopefully it continues and flourishes.

Now I'm not maudlin, so can whoever has possessed Leggy leave, please and thank you.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 05-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:06 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Is that the one about a doctor who goes to a small town in America and meets a handsome man?

i think mel is closer to being a doctor than a nurse.
she is a nurse practitioner & midwife, which not a mile away from general practitioner. Definetly a downgrade to call her a nurse, over doctor, tbf

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TED_YNWA - 05-08-2021

Did someone order a Teddy?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 05-08-2021

Hey Ted! Welcome to the dark side!

[Image: 2l1o6LJ.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TED_YNWA - 05-08-2021

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5266513]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-08-2021

To get up or not is my main debate this morning. Hoping for a flashy thunderstorm later. Think there's artistic swimming at 11.30.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-08-2021

We had torrential rain here earlier , brightening up now but only soft rain nowpac
Coffee time!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 01:26 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:06 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Yes! A nurse Smile Mel and the handsome man is Jack.

i think mel is closer to being a doctor than a nurse.
she is a nurse practitioner & midwife, which not a mile away from general practitioner. Definetly a downgrade to call her a nurse, over doctor, tbf

Ok nurse practitioner. We won't split hairs over the profession of a fictional character Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 05-08-2021

Rainy in the big smoke as well.

Better get up. Le sigh.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 05-08-2021

Raining here too. Thunderstorm warning in place!

Hope it empties the sky before the weekend - we're leaving both sprogs for the first time, got an airbnb for our anniversary and we're really hoping to sit in the sun drinking wine until we pass out (probably about two glasses these days!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 05-08-2021

There was a sheet lighting thunderstorm in my dreams last night, it was very cool.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 05-08-2021

I want some thunder and lightning, havent seen it in years.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-08-2021

I love thunder and lightning, would happily sit out watching it , but son has a massive phobia of it , so that puts a stop to that

(05-08-2021, 12:14 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I love thunder and lightning,  would happily sit out watching it , but son has a massive phobia of it , so that puts a stop to that

Phobias are awful. I love it too but I remember as a child being terrified of it, especially thunder. Mammy used to tell me we had to stay away from the windows.

(05-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 12:14 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I love thunder and lightning,  would happily sit out watching it , but son has a massive phobia of it , so that puts a stop to that

Phobias are awful. I love it too but I remember as a child being terrified of it, especially thunder. Mammy used to tell me we had to stay away from the windows.

They are awful , panic attack inducing here and it's also the thunder that is the worst culprit .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-08-2021

Ah no, that's awful! My friends partner (in their 70s) gets under the covers if there's thunder.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 05-08-2021

I love thunder and lightning. I remember sitting outside a bar in Barcelona years ago while the most amazing lightning storm was in full swing. We just sat there and watched it for a couple of hours while we drank our beer. Never seen anything close to it since.

(05-08-2021, 09:48 AM)nothing Wrote: To get up or not is my main debate this morning. Hoping for a flashy thunderstorm later. Think there's artistic swimming at 11.30.

If in doubt stay in bed is always my motto.

(05-08-2021, 12:33 PM)Zaph Wrote: I love thunder and lightning.  I remember sitting outside a bar in Barcelona years ago while the most amazing lightning storm was in full swing.  We just sat there and watched it for a couple of hours while we drank our beer.  Never seen anything close to it since.

I often enjoy the lightening storms in the distance when I am holidaying in spain. Whatever local mini weather system they have there, there is regularly lightening storms near the mountains which is miles away from where I stay, but as zaph says, its great sitting out on the roof watching them for hours.
perfect situation to rid someone of phobias, as its lovely and peaceful where we are not a hint of rain, and you just have visuals of storms, too far away even to hear, although the bigger strikes can be heard faintly.

(05-08-2021, 12:33 PM)Zaph Wrote: I love thunder and lightning.  I remember sitting outside a bar in Barcelona years ago while the most amazing lightning storm was in full swing.  We just sat there and watched it for a couple of hours while we drank our beer.  Never seen anything close to it since.

I'm jealous , I'd love to do that , I find it  fascinating tbh☺

Bubbles. Was he the lad who pretended to be a woman and a Boardsie went to meet him? Or something.

I was having a listen to the radio earlier and they were talking about Electric Picnic not getting a licence. The residents of Stradbally said that they are glad and that the organisers are driven by greed. I think that's an awful attitude.
Having the Electric Picnic was an attempt at normality returning and giving the music and entertainment industry a start. It isn't greed.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 05-08-2021

Had similar once in Croatia - had a balcony in our room, facing the hills and there was an awesome thunder storm over them, but we were warm and dry. Had a couple of litre bottles of Croatian wine which helped! It's a few euro there but so nice, such a shame they don't seem to export much of it

(05-08-2021, 01:30 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I was having a  listen to the radio earlier and they were talking about Electric Picnic not getting a licence. The residents of Stradbally said that they are glad and that the organisers are driven by greed. I think that's an awful attitude.
Having the Electric Picnic was an attempt at normality returning and giving the music and entertainment industry a start. It isn't greed.

I agree - music has been decimated and so many small bands, roadies, sound engineers, merch sellers etc would be out of work. It's definitely not a decision that should be celebrated, even if it were the correct one (which, by the end of September, it hopefully isn't)