A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 06-09-2021

Geez Thomil , I hope they get back to you soon and fingers crossed it's "just" the flu .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-09-2021

Taking deep deep breaths so I don't explode. Goddamn county council are a disaster.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 06-09-2021

Well, the cert for my employer is sorted and I'll get a callback regarding transport to a COVID-19 test tomorrow.

Looks like it's back to being loaded into the back of an army van by uniformed soldiers pac Ah well, the neighbours probably think I'm some sort of wanted criminal already...

@nothing remember: A deep breath is always cheaper than a defence solicitor...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-09-2021

pac thanks @thomil

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-09-2021

@thomil, hope you feel better soon, sometimes you have to admit defeat and have a few days of rest.

@nothing, best of luck with the course!

@me, do Mondays ever get any better? I'll have to go with a no there. Undecided

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 06-09-2021

(06-09-2021, 07:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @me, do Mondays ever get any better? I'll have to go with a no there.  Undecided

[Image: never-harrypotter.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 07-09-2021

Good  Mornin' FoG!

Coffee and Tea is being served in the dining hall...
;[Image: MixedFearfulIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 07-09-2021

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 07-09-2021

Tea and a day off please, though my choices are work (without my screen or chair and with a bad back), or some else's housework (bad back and injured shoulder in the mix). While do I feel a Monday do over coming on Confused Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 08:38 AM)ari101 Wrote: Tea and a day off please, though my choices are work (without my screen or chair and with a bad back), or some else's housework (bad back and injured shoulder in the mix). While do I feel a Monday do over coming on Confused Dodgy

I'd like to clarify that thus far Tuesday is being a much nicer beast Big Grin
Progress on work happened and negotiated my already nice insurance renewal down another 30 quid (I wasn't lying I do have a competing quote) pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 07-09-2021

Had a big slushy made with miwadi and it really cooled me down. It is quite warm here today

(07-09-2021, 04:16 PM)nothing Wrote: Had a big slushy made with miwadi and it really cooled me down. It is quite warm here today

Yeah it's a fab day (for staying in the shade Big Grin)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 07-09-2021

Yep, Nice afternoon to have your brain stem scraped clean pac I forgot how much I hate these tests...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 07-09-2021

Did you get the full army treatment @thomil?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 07-09-2021

Nope, got a taxi this time  Big Grin  With a really talkative driver

The experience at the testing centre was truly Shakesperean though: "Confusion now hath made his masterpiece" pac

Seriously, the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. I was in the system with three different appointment times!  Undecided

Did they make you have 3 tests?! Eeep

Thankfully not, I would probably have caused a scene. One test was enough for me...

Now waiting for the result, and hoping that my vaccination protection hasn't been compromised...

Fingers crossed for a non-covid boring old cold!

(07-09-2021, 07:11 PM)thomil Wrote: Thankfully not, I would probably have caused a scene. One test was enough for me...

Now waiting for the result, and hoping that my vaccination protection hasn't been compromised...

Fingers crossed it is negative. Those tests are horrendous I had 4 of them in March/April ... Ughhhh the memories.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 07-09-2021

I feel ya thomil, myself, OH and little fella all booked in for test tomorrow.. little fella was a close contact in school on Friday, but has had cold symptoms since, and now me and OH are suffering.. both double dosed too.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 07-09-2021

This Covid lark needs to bugger off, it's getting incredibly frustrating now. Cold and flu season on the way too. Confused

(07-09-2021, 10:41 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: This Covid lark needs to bugger off, it's getting incredibly frustrating now. Cold and flu season on the way too.  Confused
We probably wouldn't have paid any attention to what we have and just got on with it if the kid wasn't a close contact..he suffers terribly with hay-fever and asthma so whenever he gets congestion it drops onto his chest pretty sharpish.  He's a pro at tests, he's had 7 or 8 of them already

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 08-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 10:47 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 10:41 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: This Covid lark needs to bugger off, it's getting incredibly frustrating now. Cold and flu season on the way too.  Confused
We probably wouldn't have paid any attention to what we have and just got on with it if the kid wasn't a close contact..he suffers terribly with hay-fever and asthma so whenever he gets congestion it drops onto his chest pretty sharpish.  He's a pro at tests, he's had 7 or 8 of them already
The poor thing, they're not pleasant. Sad

Hopefully you'll all get a negative result and recover quickly.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 08-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 10:47 PM)Trigger Wrote:
7 or 8??  shock  poor thing! Hope you are all ok and the tests aren't too bad.

I have had 6... The start of Covid coincided with a recurrent sinus infection and associated problems, so they became pretty much routine after a while. But they don't get any easier.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 08-09-2021

cee_jay Wrote:
Trigger Wrote:We probably wouldn't have paid any attention to what we have and just got on with it if the kid wasn't a close contact..he suffers terribly with hay-fever and asthma so whenever he gets congestion it drops onto his chest pretty sharpish.  He's a pro at tests, he's had 7 or 8 of them already
7 or 8??  shock  poor thing! Hope you are all ok and the tests aren't too bad.

I have had 6... The start of Covid coincided with a recurrent sinus infection and associated problems, so they became pretty much routine after a while. But they don't get any easier.

2 myself, one which was positive back in October, 2nd in Feb which was negative

It's not the end of the world getting it but it's no picnic either, I still find climbing a couple of flights of stairs at once or going for a long walk fairly rough on the chest tbh. Now I'm not in the greatest picture of fitness either but beforehand it wasn't an issue so there's definitely... something in the whole long Covid

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 08-09-2021

Morning all! Hump day so the weekend is in sight.

I've heard a few people say the same, Necro, and some of them would have been very fit and active beforehand. I've escaped so far and hoping the vaccine will prevent more serious symptoms if I get unlucky.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 08-09-2021

Sofaside, debating with myself if leftover chinese is acceptable breakfast, leaning towards yes.

I've been super lucky, have never had a test, though I expect I'll run out of luck eventually!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 08-09-2021

Any time is the right time to eat Chinese Nothing!
Another here who thankfully has never had to have a covid test . I think all the kids are little troopers , it doesn't seem to faze them , just part and parcel of their lives as they know it . If that makes sense.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 08-09-2021

We were getting weekly covid tests here at one point, I would guess I've had about 10 in total, maybe more. No need for them now since we were vaccinated.

(08-09-2021, 10:13 AM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, debating with myself if leftover chinese is acceptable breakfast, leaning towards yes.

I've been super lucky, have never had a test, though I expect I'll run out of luck eventually!

Any type of takeaway is an acceptable breakfast!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 01:05 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 10:13 AM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, debating with myself if leftover chinese is acceptable breakfast, leaning towards yes.

Any type of takeaway is an acceptable breakfast!
[Image: 1Bxw.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 08-09-2021

[Image: cUy5dGu.jpg]

Making up for the chicken balls breakfast

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 08-09-2021

We've all been pretty lucky here, Covid-wise. One test each since the start of the pandemic, all came back negative, and no tests needed as a result of close contacts or anything. Knock-on-wood it stays that way

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 08-09-2021

Poor people who've ended up getting serial testing Sad

I was told the kid test is less invasive in the nose...? It's that brain freak moment of blind spots and momentary migraine that sucks...

They didn't get me when I had Covid, because I was low priority and they couldn't keep up with demand (Mar 2020), but that breathlessness took a toll on the lungs even after initial recovery, with Delta showing so many more common symptoms I'm dreading getting a sniffle and having to go back or miss medical appointments while I wait out a test result Confused

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 08-09-2021

@nothing sorry but that meal looks rank!  Big Grin

*rank is not good btw lol

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 08-09-2021

I'm just wondering whatever the hell the pineapple did wrong to end up in there? Wink

Anyway, just got the message back, test was negative. Now I just need to get the rest squared away...

(08-09-2021, 06:38 PM)Spears Wrote: @nothing sorry but that meal looks rank!  Big Grin

*rank is not good btw lol

No need to apologise, it was! All the moisture was gone from the lettuce and carrots, and the beetroot was the jarred pickled kind which I hate. Only ate the pineapple and egg in the end.

Then I went to dunnes and picked up those lemon chocolate muffins, I'm excited!

That's great @thomil!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 06:50 PM)thomil Wrote: I'm just wondering whatever the hell the pineapple did wrong to end up in there? Wink

Anyway, just got the message back, test was negative. Now I just need to get the rest squared away...
That's great news Thomil.. the big negative is always a good thing to get.. on many tests Big Grin

@ari101 the kids test is just the swab of the nostrils a few times, they don't go back far like the adult.
We all went into the same area and the kid was great..

Holding his mams hand while she was getting it done telling her she was so brave and that she would be OK.. 

Then laughed at me while I was getting it done..

We are definitely raising him right Big Grin

Damn these muffins are nice!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 08:11 PM)nothing Wrote: Damn these muffins are nice!

Onto the weekly shopping list they go so Nothing pac