A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Soccer Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soccer Chat (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 03:34 AM)Necro Wrote: StubHub is fast becoming the only feckin way to get Arsenal tickets seeing as home games are selling out for Red members in 9 mins at the moment. Of course they're charging 200% the actual cost of the ticket so clubs really should be cracking down on that sort of nonsense but needs must....

Edit: Yeah had a look at Leeds tickets and the mark up is prob worse on them than Arsenal ones!! Champions Travel might be one other option, you'd get your hotel included there at least
Yeah between the overcharge from sellers & the high fees from the website it's working out at like 200 quid a ticket before hotel/flights.. And that's a normal ticket

You get a hospitality ticket with the travel agents, free food/drink so it's probably worth paying a bit more to get the benefits. I like being behind the goals for the craic but better view with the hospitality tickets  Smile At least with Leeds you're guaranteed a good atmosphere, that's the only thing I don't like about going to Old Trafford, if you're not behind the goals the atmosphere can be non existent (same for a lot of the big teams these days)

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 10:51 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(23-01-2023, 03:34 AM)Necro Wrote: StubHub is fast becoming the only feckin way to get Arsenal tickets seeing as home games are selling out for Red members in 9 mins at the moment. Of course they're charging 200% the actual cost of the ticket so clubs really should be cracking down on that sort of nonsense but needs must....

Edit: Yeah had a look at Leeds tickets and the mark up is prob worse on them than Arsenal ones!! Champions Travel might be one other option, you'd get your hotel included there at least
Yeah between the overcharge from sellers & the high fees from the website it's working out at like 200 quid a ticket before hotel/flights.. And that's a normal ticket

You get a hospitality ticket with the travel agents, free food/drink so it's probably worth paying a bit more to get the benefits. I like being behind the goals for the craic but better view with the hospitality tickets  Smile At least with Leeds you're guaranteed a good atmosphere, that's the only thing I don't like about going to Old Trafford, if you're not behind the goals the atmosphere can be non existent (same for a lot of the big teams these days)

I was planning on going to the Bournemouth game in early March but looks like that's dead in the water as tickets are gone apart from the reseller sites. My cousins are season ticket holders but at the moment it's not really fair to deny them a game either so I'm waiting to see when one of them can't attend (he works odd hours so can be caught with games sometimes).

It might work out ok and I get a big game but I just have to wait and see. What the point in having membership for myself and the two kids is I dunno.

That being said the eldest is mad for more live matches so I've got a season ticket to Sligo Rovers for this year for us as well so that should tide us both over

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 26-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 11:32 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(22-01-2023, 10:48 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Random one but anyone here every bought premier league tickets on stubhub.ie? Looking to get tickets to Elland Road for my dad, he's a fan and there's tickets on the site
Not prem, but I've used StubHub in America and all good. A mate used fanpass for Anfield tickets last season and had no problems. Overpriced, of course, but seemed legit

It's illegal to sell footie tickets there, not sure how they get around that but they seem to easy enough

You could try pinging Zaph, he might know how to get Leeds tickets?
Got sorted with tickets through fanpass for the leeds Brighton game in march so cheers for letting me know about that one!

Got a great deal on flights with Ryanair, over Friday night,  back Sunday morning,  standard cheap hotel too so its not gonna cost as much as I feared!

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 29-01-2023

Liverpool having a bad run

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 31-01-2023

[Image: b9fd39619781e75ff1d63cb92e5de678.gif][Image: I6fX.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 31-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 07:55 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Liverpool having a bad run
Should have had three red cards against Brighton, not only playing terrible but playing dirty too.

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 31-01-2023

Eriksen out for three months that's gonna sting with United already light enough around the middle.

(31-01-2023, 02:19 PM)Necro Wrote: Eriksen out for three months that's gonna sting with United already light enough around the middle.
And Andy Carroll wasn't even carded for it, scumbag.

Ahem.....

Yellow Cards
Filter by Season
2022/23

This table ranks teams based on the currently selected stat type
Rank Club Stat

Fulham

Manchester United

Crystal Palace

Aston Villa

Nottingham Forest

Everton

Tottenham Hotspur

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Chelsea

Leeds United

Newcastle United

Bournemouth

Arsenal

Southampton

Brentford

Brighton & Hove Albion

West Ham United

Leicester City

Liverpool

Manchester City
Previous Next

Thanks for proving my point, LiVARpool getting away with murder this season pac

You see what you want to see. We might be playing badly but one reckless foul doesnt make Liverpool a dirty team. 

Just like this one doesnt make Utd a dirty team. It's a contact sport. 
[Image: AA15z7Zc.img?h=552&w=750&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=...x=739&y=76]

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 05-02-2023

[Image: 3wm-thumb.jpg]

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 07-02-2023

Marsh sacked from Leeds

City look like they could be in a bit of bother with financial fair play, over 100 breaches in last 8 years or something.. Reports are Pep is going to leave because he was assured by the club & owners that they were within regulations.. I fully expect them to just end up with a big pointless fine & maybe a transfer ban for a season or two, but would be great if they were docked points

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 07-02-2023

If the current rules are applied they could actually end up in non league football but I'm sure their well paid lawyers will find a way to prevent that. However their reluctance to cooperate for over 4 years has to go against them too surely.

[Image: danger-is-coming-were-in-trouble.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 07-02-2023

Kick them down to non-league level. Who would have thought a Saudi club would be so corrupt

RE: Soccer Chat - Irish Aris - 07-02-2023

I don't expect anything extreme to happen to City, if the end up found guilty (which could take a while).
I expect a points deduction that will ensure no European qualification, but no relegation either. . . which will be a big missed opportunity for PL to set a precedent - then it will become open season for all teams to break the rules.

I am still very impressed with the creative accounting PL allows - that enables the likes of Chelsea to spend loads in one go, because they can amortize the value in all years of the contract. Cash going out shouldn't take any such consideration in place, but since they allow it Chelsea (and any team for that matter) are perfectly entitled to do it

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 07-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 04:01 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: I don't expect anything extreme to happen to City, if the end up found guilty (which could take a while).
I expect a points deduction that will ensure no European qualification, but no relegation either. . . which will be a big missed opportunity for PL to set a precedent - then it will become open season for all teams to break the rules.

I am still very impressed with the creative accounting PL allows - that enables the likes of Chelsea to spend loads in one go, because they can amortize the value in all years of the contract. Cash going out shouldn't take any such consideration in place, but since they allow it Chelsea (and any team for that matter) are perfectly entitled to do it
I think they are closing that loophole, to an extent, from next season. Teams will only be able to spread the transfer fee over 5 years max, regardless if the contract is for longer.

RE: Soccer Chat - aaronjennings - 07-02-2023

I'll believe any potential punishment when I see it. They'll probably end up with a slap on the wrist and a fine that wouldn't even cover half their weekly wages

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 07-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 06:36 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: ...a fine that wouldn't even cover half their weekly wages
Declared wages, or actual wages? Wink

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 07-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 03:32 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Kick them down to non-league level. Who would have thought a Saudi club would be so corrupt

Abu Dhabi no? Similar MO, less head chopping

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 12-02-2023

I can't believe this is real Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 12-02-2023

Grealish is a diving cheating scumbag just like his club

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 12-02-2023

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 13-02-2023

(12-02-2023, 07:02 PM)Necro Wrote: Grealish is a diving cheating scumbag just like his club

Yellow card for abuse..

Oh wait this isn't the Soccer forum 😂

Watched it again and again.. such a scummy thing to do.. absolute no need for it at all..

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 13-02-2023

(13-02-2023, 12:50 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 07:02 PM)Necro Wrote: Grealish is a diving cheating scumbag just like his club

Yellow card for abuse..

Oh wait this isn't the Soccer forum 😂

Watched it again and again.. such a scummy thing to do.. absolute no need for it at all..

Not that it means anything to millionaire footballers these days but to do that against his former club that nurtured his career and helped him make his name, when they're already 2-0 up and cruising speaks to a serious lack of character.
Cowardly stuff.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 13-02-2023

(13-02-2023, 09:23 AM)Necro Wrote: ...to do that against his former club that nurtured his career...
Perhaps no surprise though, given the way he turned his back at international level too. Looking at him now, I'm glad he did. Talented as he is, I'd hate to have to support him

(13-02-2023, 09:50 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(13-02-2023, 09:23 AM)Necro Wrote: ...to do that against his former club that nurtured his career...
Perhaps no surprise though, given the way he turned his back at international level too. Looking at him now, I'm glad he did. Talented as he is, I'd hate to have to support him

Tbh he's just like nearly all players at top clubs.. 

Fuckin Diva's

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 13-02-2023

Spot the difference.....  Tongue

[Image: 525ae95b-9c22-4786-ad49-a149e6674a3b-202...&auto=webp][Image: TELEMMGLPICT000153303068_trans_NvBQzQNjv...1525&ssl=1]

Oh but he's being smart there according to the English media . It's only a dive when it's one of those pesky Foreigners that do it 😅

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 14-02-2023

[Image: GetPaidStock.com-63eab8251a206.jpg]

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 14-02-2023

Breaking news, Liverpool actually score a goal and manage to win a game! (I still rekon ye will sneak top 4).. Everton are terrible, hope they go down

On diving, I remember quite a while ago now United played Mourinho's Porto at Old Trafford, twas the year Porto won it & they had a few guys on the team that followed Mourinho to Chelsea. The general consensus was that the diving and play acting that day was at another level. I bet if we looked back now it's probably what most teams do these days, Mourinho was just at it earlier than most! Portuguese players in general seem to have a talent for diving around the place  Smile

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 15-02-2023

Arsenal bottled it again.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 15-02-2023

(15-02-2023, 10:44 PM)Kol Wrote: Arsenal bottled it again.
I know City have played a game more, but it feels sadly inevitable now

RE: Soccer Chat - Irish Aris - 15-02-2023

Unfortunately we still lack the depth to compete at this level for a whole season. Second half some of our players looked very tired and off the pace.
Fight with Utd now for 2nd place.

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 16-02-2023

(15-02-2023, 11:34 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Unfortunately we still lack the depth to compete at this level for a whole season. Second half some of our players looked very tired and off the pace.
Fight with Utd now for 2nd place.
If City get a long run in Champ League & FA Cup that's a lot of extra fixtures for them to take into account. I would have them favourites but don't rule yourselves out just yet! Ye have a decent run of fixtures coming up too

That last minute draw at Palace really cost United, we'd only be 3 points off the pace if they held on

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 04:33 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: That last minute draw at Palace really cost United, we'd only be 3 points off the pace if they held on
Ah here, show some sensitivity taking about last minute draws at Palace costing title runs. Too soon, the wounds are still raw

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 17-02-2023

Rashford doing well for MU now if they can take out Barca out at home

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 18-02-2023

Needed a lie down after that Arsenal game😂

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 18-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 04:25 PM)Necro Wrote: Needed a lie down after that Arsenal game😂
Nice Forest goal for you too, opened it right back up straight away

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 18-02-2023

Just found out Kevin Keegan had a music career pac