A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FoG Inaugural WW - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FoG Inaugural WW (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Trigger - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:13 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm NRV, so if I have to go, better me than a roled player having to reveal themselves.

cut down your post cause I just want to focus on these words here. 

You have one vote on you, where there is more questions others, I think only one other person has questioned you a bit and didn't even say they were voting for you. So either you are not reading the thread and being picky and choosy with your replies.

Or you are looking for sympathy here. And it just adds to my belief that you may be a wolf

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 04-08-2021

Lynch at 9pm, don't forget to vote!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:11 PM)nothing Wrote: Quickbeam - almost forgot they were playing

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 04-08-2021

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:11 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:56 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: Technically that's incorrect as I ended up working until 5 and haven't even fed my face yet. Tragic scenario.

I also did come in and post my thoughts, I reckon nothing is a wolf (as I did this morning after munch) and I think heyv is a newb wolf who has been told to place a vote on nothing so it looks better in the wagonomics. Nothing even thinks themselves they're going to be lynched based on having two votes on them! They're either a defensive wolf who gave up or an unhelpful village.

Any other thoughts you'd like before book club orrrr

There were two votes on me as well as several others saying they thought I was wolfy. If I'm too helpful, I'm called a wolf. And now I'm either called a wolf or unhelpful. Where's the consistency?! 

Trigger - same behaviour as usual
Ecto - bit more chatty than usual but might just be from having no issues
HeyV - super quiet, possibly from newness
Neo - decided I'm a wolf v quickly
Clara - some posting issues
JGF - quieter than usual
Cee jay - thinks helpful is a tell based on skewed data
Quickbeam - almost forgot they were playing

Nothing - nrv but comes across wolfy no matter what

Leggy - dead nrv

At what point in time [post # will do] do you believe that i decided you were a wolf?

I give up, I'm nrv. Just lynch me and get the mislynch out of the way. Or shot me and waste the bullet. Take me out, I'm of no consequence except giving the wolves cover.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - cee_jay - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:23 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:13 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm NRV, so if I have to go, better me than a roled player having to reveal themselves.

cut down your post cause I just want to focus on these words here. 

You have one vote on you, where there is more questions others, I think only one other person has questioned you a bit and didn't even say they were voting for you. So either you are not reading the thread and being picky and choosy with your replies.

Or you are looking for sympathy here. And it just adds to my belief that you may be a wolf

I'm looking for no sympathy. I think you are reading more into my posts than what's there. 
I'm done with this argument anyway, I've already said I'm not changing your mind, and it's your right to vote me based on what you think are in my posts. All I can say is I'm not a wolf.

(04-08-2021, 07:30 PM)nothing Wrote: I give up, I'm nrv. Just lynch me and get the mislynch out of the way. Or shot me and waste the bullet. Take me out, I'm of no consequence except giving the wolves cover.

Why are you giving up?

(04-08-2021, 07:30 PM)nothing Wrote: I give up, I'm nrv. Just lynch me and get the mislynch out of the way. Or shot me and waste the bullet. Take me out, I'm of no consequence except giving the wolves cover.

Lol trying to get the vig to waste their one shot on you

I'm voting for HeyV. They might be a village newbie, but I feel they have just completely checked out of the game or else using their newness status as a way of not posting too much.

(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)quickbeam Wrote:

Why are you giving up?

Not in the head space to fight it out, even if I don't get lynched, I have no idea how to not look like a wolf even when I'm not. It's at least funny when I am lying, not so much now.

(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)Trigger Wrote:

Why would that be a waste of a shot?  If she's a wolf then it's good for the village.  If she's not then why would she want the vig to waste their shot?

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 04-08-2021

See these are the posts that are unhelpful.
Can you answer any of the questions I asked in my previous post?

(04-08-2021, 06:57 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: @Neowise JP Liz posted once but isn't playing - Necro deleted the post afterwards.

Thanks @JohnGreenFan

(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)Trigger Wrote:

Explain this to me? Why would it be wasting their shot? 
If she is a wolf, and the vig shoots then is that not a win for village?

(04-08-2021, 07:37 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Why are you giving up?

Not in the head space to fight it out, even if I don't get lynched, I have no idea how to not look like a wolf even when I'm not. It's at least funny when I am lying, not so much now.

I know that feeling.  I've been there.  But your "I give up" came right after Neo's request for a post number, which seemed to me to be a reasonable question.  If you say he's decided you're a wolf, then I'd have assumed you had a post or posts to back that up with, but to give up right after he asks you smacks of ... well wolfiness to be honest.  Like a wolf has to stretch to find reasons against players they KNOW are village and have nothing to back it up with.

(04-08-2021, 07:37 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)Trigger Wrote: Lol trying to get the vig to waste their one shot on you

Why would that be a waste of a shot?  If she's a wolf then it's good for the village.  If she's not then why would she want the vig to waste their shot?

(04-08-2021, 07:40 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)Trigger Wrote: Lol trying to get the vig to waste their one shot on you

Explain this to me? Why would it be wasting their shot? 

Not sure if this is a case of "great minds think alike" or if you're copying me here for some reason.

Good catch, that looks like too much information, moving my vote onto trigger.

Yeah I just used her own phrasing.

But if she is a wolf and knows that she is caught and knows that the other wolf is not in danger. It pushes the lynch to a villager and then takes the shot out of the equation going forward.

Basically going down and taking someone else with them.

(04-08-2021, 07:43 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:37 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Why would that be a waste of a shot?  If she's a wolf then it's good for the village.  If she's not then why would she want the vig to waste their shot?

Good catch, that looks like too much information, moving my vote onto trigger.

Quick to move without any questions there Neo, not like you at all..

No idea why that quoted QB there sorry

(04-08-2021, 07:45 PM)Trigger Wrote: Yeah I just used her own phrasing.

But if she is a wolf and knows that she is caught and knows that the other wolf is not in danger. It pushes the lynch to a villager and then takes the shot out of the equation going forward.

1 for 1 is perfectly acceptable.

(04-08-2021, 07:21 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:11 PM)nothing Wrote: There were two votes on me as well as several others saying they thought I was wolfy. If I'm too helpful, I'm called a wolf. And now I'm either called a wolf or unhelpful. Where's the consistency?! 

JGF - quieter than usual

Leggy - dead nrv

To be honest I'm not entirely sure where the whole helpful thing came out of? Like you've given a list of players here but no mention of who you think is a wolf.

Because I've no idea yet, and I'm rubbish at actually reading people in this game! 

Your reads are also just copies of what other players have said -

I didn't copy anyone's reads, I just typed what I felt! 

from what I remember we've only played one game together so for you to say I'm 'quieter than usual' doesn't hold much weight.

You were very chatty in the last game, and I think we've played together in 2.

The same with Ecto - are you basing that on the previous game where @Ectoplasm spent a lot of time on the phone to the broadband company... And subsequently turned out to be a wolf?

Ecto was a wolf and also was genuinely having internet issues, I was a wolf with her twice, she was reasonably quiet in both on the main thread so I'm seeing something different here that might not be anything to do with gameplay. 

I didn't think you were a new player but if you are, it's easier I think not to get caught up in the meta of 'person X is quiet when they're a wolf and posts a lot when they're village' because playstyles change and general circumstances change too. They're easy traps to fall into.

You just complained above that I didn't say if I thought people were wolves! Make up your mind. I can only base my play on my experience playing with people. 

You said earlier you thought wolves were voting for you, based on Neos admission that he could see that HeyV was voting for you, and Neo was voting for you. Do you think both of them are wolves?

I said it was a good place for wolves to hide. I don't actually know if they are, I was asked who I'd vote for at that time, I answered! 

If you do, did you think they were wolves before they voted for you, or is it only because they voted for you?

I had no particular inclination beforehand on anyone. 

If you don't think they're wolves, or think just one is a wolf, who do you think is the wolf team?

I don't know. 

Who are you planning on voting for this evening?

I don't know. 

(04-08-2021, 07:43 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:37 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Why would that be a waste of a shot?  If she's a wolf then it's good for the village.  If she's not then why would she want the vig to waste their shot?

(04-08-2021, 07:40 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Explain this to me? Why would it be wasting their shot? 

Not sure if this is a case of "great minds think alike" or if you're copying me here for some reason.

Great minds, I hadn't seen your post before I replied.

(04-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Neowise Wrote:

1 for 1 is perfectly acceptable.

1 for 0 with a shot in hand is better

That's a very risky strategy for a game with just 2 wolves.

Ah quick reply was the issue...

(04-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Trigger Wrote:

(04-08-2021, 07:43 PM)Neowise Wrote: Good catch, that looks like too much information, moving my vote onto trigger.

Quick to move without any questions there Neo, not like you at all..

Not like me?
Do you think someone has taken over my account?

I had a pressure vote on nothing, not decided she was a wolf, like she said, but your tmi slip is way stronger than any read I had on nothing.

It wouldn't have been a pressure vote only for a few minutes there, there was the ability to use pressure votes, and I did.

Now the pressure has moved onto you, and you say i am not like me.

(04-08-2021, 07:53 PM)cee_jay Wrote:

That's a very risky strategy for a game with just 2 wolves.

By her own admission she is giving up, if she is a wolf and knows she is caught, why wouldn't they take a risk.

Sorry again QB, didn't mean to quote you, I had deleted your quote from the new reply but seemed I had to go back and untick it

(04-08-2021, 07:28 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:11 PM)nothing Wrote: There were two votes on me as well as several others saying they thought I was wolfy. If I'm too helpful, I'm called a wolf. And now I'm either called a wolf or unhelpful. Where's the consistency?! 

JGF - quieter than usual

Leggy - dead nrv

At what point in time [post # will do] do you believe that i decided you were a wolf?

Post 129, you ISOed me, and only me.

Post #129

(04-08-2021, 03:33 AM)Neowise Wrote: my legacy is nothing page 3, it feels laboured.

Not a wolf accusation though.

(04-08-2021, 07:58 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:28 PM)Neowise Wrote: At what point in time [post # will do] do you believe that i decided you were a wolf?

Post 129, you ISOed me, and only me.

My legacy read.

I felt your post were unnatural, forced.

if 10 is clean and 0 is wolf, you had moved from 5 to 4.
Hardly me deciding you are a wolf.
A person of interest, yes.

(04-08-2021, 08:03 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Post #129

(04-08-2021, 03:33 AM)Neowise Wrote: my legacy is nothing page 3, it feels laboured.

Not a wolf accusation though.

Given the follow up vote on me, it sure comes across that way

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:52 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:43 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Not sure if this is a case of "great minds think alike" or if you're copying me here for some reason.

Great minds, I hadn't seen your post before I replied.

So is your signature a quote from something since you're not reading the thread  Huh

(04-08-2021, 08:04 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:58 PM)nothing Wrote: Post 129, you ISOed me, and only me.

My legacy read.

And yet you didn't bother to actually explain that. And then you voted me!

(04-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Trigger Wrote: Quick to move without any questions there Neo, not like you at all..

Not like me?

I had a pressure vote on nothing, not decided she was a wolf, like she said, but your tmi slip is way stronger than any read I had on nothing.

It wouldn't have been a pressure vote only for a few minutes there, there was the ability to use pressure votes, and I did.

Yeah pretty much, I was expecting a grilling from you in particular.

(04-08-2021, 08:05 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:52 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Great minds, I hadn't seen your post before I replied.

So is your signature a quote from something since you're not reading the thread  Huh

Burn!!!

(04-08-2021, 08:06 PM)Trigger Wrote:

(04-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Neowise Wrote: Not like me?

Yeah pretty much, I was expecting a grilling from you in particular.

LOL!!  Unquote that post already, Trigs!

(04-08-2021, 08:05 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:04 PM)Neowise Wrote: My legacy read.

And yet you didn't bother to actually explain that. And then you voted me!

did you feel under presure by my vote?