A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FoG Inaugural WW - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FoG Inaugural WW (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Trigger - 04-08-2021

Right, so we get that you are replying to me.. so just post it

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Clarabel - 04-08-2021

I am trying to say

AH here, dammed if you do dammed if you don't
I am reading the thread AND

you actually quoted me giving a read. So yeah.

(04-08-2021, 11:37 AM)Clarabel Wrote: I am trying to say

you actually quoted me giving a read.  So yeah.

Why so defensive, I only asked a couple of questions?

Your read was actually just Ecto's read but you putting your own slight variation on it.

(04-08-2021, 11:41 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:37 AM)Clarabel Wrote: I am trying to say

you actually quoted me giving a read.  So yeah.

Why so defensive, I only asked a couple of questions?

Your read was actually just Ecto's read but you putting your own slight variation on it.

BECAUSE I AM QUOTE ANGRY

(04-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:41 AM)Trigger Wrote: you're a stinky poo pants

BECAUSE I AM QUOTE ANGRY - wondering if I can change quotes

testing if I can change quotes

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:32 AM)HeyV Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:27 AM)Neowise Wrote: Do you normally paint or describe in mspaint?

I like to Paint if I have the time to do it, otherwise I'll describe  Smile

I normally paint myself, as the host usually needs painters and i'll do either, so they lump me in as painter.

when i says painter, i am being very kind, best described as an MSpainter.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Ectoplasm - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:41 AM)Trigger Wrote: Why so defensive, I only asked a couple of questions?

BECAUSE I AM QUOTE ANGRY

This is either a brilliant pun or an hilarious accident ?

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:04 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 09:41 AM)quickbeam Wrote: Even if they get the result right after the lynch, they could hold off telling us until a more opportune time.

Ecto I think you might be onto something here.  Though I don't think both trig and qb are wolves

You quote me, but address Ecto.  Do you mean *I'm* on to something and just said Ecto in error?  Or did you mean to quote a different post of Ecto's.

If you think one of me and Trigger are wolves, then it's Trigger.

I feel clara has something important to say, but is having difficulty expressing it.

(04-08-2021, 11:23 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:12 AM)Clarabel Wrote: I think we should stop telling the vig and the seer what to do.

I don’t believe that was anyone’s intention, from what I’ve read. Talking through scenarios before they happen is guidance, not telling anyone what to do.  If one or both of those roles were inexperienced, then talking through the scenarios may help them.

Correct.  I'm not telling anyone what to do.  But, I did think it was worth giving them another option to Trigger's idea of holding off until they had both wolves.

There is actually a way of using the MS Paint game here.. when you are given a picture to describe you need to observe everything in it and point out parts that you think are important.

Basically there does be a lot of fluff(nothing posts) that you need to get through to get to the important ones. Similar you need to discard parts of the painting that are not nessessary and describe the main points of the image.

(04-08-2021, 11:52 AM)quickbeam Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:04 AM)Clarabel Wrote: Ecto I think you might be onto something here.  Though I don't think both trig and qb are wolves

You quote me, but address Ecto.  Do you mean *I'm* on to something and just said Ecto in error?  Or did you mean to quote a different post of Ecto's.

STRUGGLING

This is a lot harder to play and keep up at work than I thought Sad

I know the feeling.. my poor employer

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - HeyV - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:49 AM)Neowise Wrote: I like to Paint if I have the time to do it, otherwise I'll describe  Smile

I normally paint myself, as the host usually needs painters and i'll do either, so they lump me in as painter.

It's fun either way! [Image: p0112.gif]

(04-08-2021, 11:54 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:52 AM)quickbeam Wrote: You quote me, but address Ecto.  Do you mean *I'm* on to something and just said Ecto in error?  Or did you mean to quote a different post of Ecto's.

STRUGGLING

see I don't want qb's quote in this message but I cannot figure out how to delete it.

Also note to self....reply button is at the bottom. 

I feel like I was dropped on my head this morning

(04-08-2021, 11:56 AM)Clarabel Wrote: see I don't want qb's quote in this message but I cannot figure out how to delete it.

In the reply screen on the top right there's a View Source Code button, so if you click on that it makes it slightly easier (for me anyway) to edit the quoted bits of a post.

(04-08-2021, 11:54 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:52 AM)quickbeam Wrote: You quote me, but address Ecto.  Do you mean *I'm* on to something and just said Ecto in error?  Or did you mean to quote a different post of Ecto's.

STRUGGLING

(04-08-2021, 11:54 AM)quickbeam Wrote: This is a lot harder to play and keep up at work than I thought Sad

(04-08-2021, 11:55 AM)Trigger Wrote: I know the feeling.. my poor employer

(04-08-2021, 11:56 AM)HeyV Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:49 AM)Neowise Wrote: I like to Paint if I have the time to do it, otherwise I'll describe  Smile

It's fun either way! [Image: p0112.gif]

ok - sorry but I am out.

this is killing my browser and not posting any of my text.

I'll catch you on my phone this evening

If someone figures out how to read a persons posts in this thread in isolation, let me know as I've gotten stumped by the following error messages "You did not enter any search terms. At a minimum, you must enter either some search terms or a username to search by." and "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again." something that will need to be improved upon.

(04-08-2021, 11:56 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:54 AM)Clarabel Wrote: STRUGGLING

see I don't want qb's quote in this message but I cannot figure out how to delete it.

Don't hit the reply to make a post if you don't want to quote the player, just use the quick reply box at the bottom of every page, then you dont need to delete quotes.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:49 AM)Clarabel Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Clarabel Wrote: BECAUSE I AM QUOTE ANGRY - wondering if I can change quotes

testing if I can change quotes

I reckon this is what Trigger meant anyway  Big Grin

(04-08-2021, 12:03 PM)Neowise Wrote: If someone figures out how to read a persons posts in this thread in isolation, let me know as I've gotten stumped by the following error messages "You did not enter any search terms. At a minimum, you must enter either some search terms or a username to search by." and "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again." something that will need to be improved upon.

Can only see post counts on mobile.

(04-08-2021, 12:06 PM)Neowise Wrote: Don't hit the reply to make a post if you don't want to quote the player, just use the quick reply box at the bottom of every page, then you dont need to delete quotes.

I do want to quote you I don't always want the second quote.   

But actually qb has resolved as always the view source code is perfect. My strop is over.

Easy enough in this game as you can access all posts via profile but that won't last.

(04-08-2021, 10:57 AM)Ectoplasm Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:52 AM)quickbeam Wrote: And how would the vig know who the wolf was unless the seer reveals?

I read it that if seer has a wolf they *could* reveal to give vig guidance, but that JGF isn't suggesting they do. From reading OP vig has a single bullet to use whenever. I'd suggest they keep it holstered until they have a very strong candidate based on Neo's numbers.

Sorry I missed this earlier - yes, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't reveal. Obviously as we have no bodyguard then once the seer reveals we're likely to lose them in the next lunch so in an ideal scenario the peeked a wolf last night and tonight and reveal both tomorrow, vig shoots one, we lynch the other, village wins.

I definitely agree that vig shouldn't shoot until we're sure they are doing to hit a wolf.

(04-08-2021, 12:03 PM)Neowise Wrote: If someone figures out how to read a persons posts in this thread in isolation, let me know as I've gotten stumped by the following error messages "You did not enter any search terms. At a minimum, you must enter either some search terms or a username to search by." and "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again." something that will need to be improved upon.

If you go into list the persons posts through their profile you can sort by forum, hit it twice to get WW at the top, the posts are in earliest to latest order, so you need to scroll down a bit but can read through them

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 04-08-2021

Think we have a plugin to replicate the old Boards ISOing. Once the guys are free they'll take a look.

(04-08-2021, 12:11 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: Easy enough in this game as you can access all posts via profile but that won't last.

i can see all there posts, but that's across the entire site, if there was a way to filter that screen it might work, but search this thread sounds like an easier solution.

(04-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Trigger Wrote:

If you go into list the persons posts through their profile you can sort by forum, hit it twice to get WW at the top, the posts are in earliest to latest order, so you need to scroll down a bit but can read through them

that sounds promising, i'll give it a whirl.

So I was testing the lynch form there myself and apparently there's now a new feature where you can view previous votes, or responses.

Unfortunately it was also showing the lynch code so I've had to remove that feature from the form.

When voting just use your FoG name going forward folks, thanks. I'll update the OP with this too.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - cee_jay - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 12:12 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:57 AM)Ectoplasm Wrote: I read it that if seer has a wolf they *could* reveal to give vig guidance, but that JGF isn't suggesting they do. From reading OP vig has a single bullet to use whenever. I'd suggest they keep it holstered until they have a very strong candidate based on Neo's numbers.

Sorry I missed this earlier - yes, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't reveal. Obviously as we have no bodyguard then once the seer reveals we're likely to lose them in the next lunch so in an ideal scenario the peeked a wolf last night and tonight and reveal both tomorrow, vig shoots one, we lynch the other, village wins.

I definitely agree that vig shouldn't shoot until we're sure they are doing to hit a wolf.

I think we need to have faith in the seer to know based on their peeks how they should or shouldn't reveal.

(04-08-2021, 01:01 PM)Necro Wrote: So I was testing the lynch form there myself and apparently there's now a new feature where you can view previous votes, or responses.

Unfortunately it was also showing the lynch code so I've had to remove that feature from the form.

When voting just use your FoG name going forward folks, thanks. I'll update the OP with this too.

That's a nice option in between open voting and closed voting.

Qb where's that read from you?

Trigger any reads yourself?

I'm saying jgf, for being quiet
Trigger for reasons.

(04-08-2021, 01:07 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 01:01 PM)Necro Wrote: So I was testing the lynch form there myself and apparently there's now a new feature where you can view previous votes, or responses.

That's a nice option in between open voting and closed voting.
well, it was while it lasted.

in case others didn't get to see what i did, currently heyv and me are voting nothing. they are only two votes.

I've figured out how to turn it off now, but it's an option for future games definitely.

Oh, I just voted a throwaway vote to see if I could see what Neowise was seeing, but I can't.

(04-08-2021, 01:09 PM)Clarabel Wrote: Qb where's that read from you?

Mrs. Bossy Boots!!!

I have leans, but no firm thoughts yet.  It's hard to think and work at the same time.

Trigger for reasons.

JGF is flat out in work but after 4pm I'll be here properly

Trigger for reasons.

What are the reasons?

At the moment I've no one really too much apart from questionable posts here or there from a few.. I've just reread the thread the standing out points for me.

CJ's post about the role isn't sitting right with me because I don't think she would draw attention to that without something behind the post.  

Nothing - has contributed nothing... nearly every post is fluff - pretty undecided though on her though and would like to see a bit more proper posting today.

You're own reaction to my questions earlier threw me a little.

I also didn't like QB's posts this morning, it looked like it was Intentionally misrepresenting my reply to Neo.

If I had to pick 1 for lynch tonight right now I'd probably go with CJ.