A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FoG Inaugural WW - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FoG Inaugural WW (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 11:44 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:50 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Deleting or editing posts isn't allowed Confused
my guess , that is talking about deleting a lot of the posts from the reply box, not actually going back and editing already posted stuff. I'm open to being corrected though

That was exactly it, Neo. There was a huge nested quote and it was hard to tell who said what. I deleted some responses and made it even harder to tell ...

I haven't edited or deleted any of my own posts.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 03-08-2021

qb put hands up for mistakenly thinking you did, so moving on from that.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 10:13 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: It's a toss up between Cee-Jay, nothing and Clarabel for me!

Its a two wolf game, try to narrow the suspects to two players or it can be seens as delibritely shading a village player, as if you have more suspects than wolves, you are definetly doing that.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

I'll remove suspicion from Clarabel.

For now at least!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 03-08-2021

Undecided but... But... But... I'm innocent! (and would be asleep but my annoying neighbour thought 11.45pm was an acceptable time to knock my door and scare the bejaysus out of me)

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 04-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:11 PM)quickbeam Wrote: So, based on the above, I'd recommend vig not shoot until we get some seer info.

I presume seer doesn't get a peek tonight if it's only post lynch.

The seer should stay hidden until it is absolutely necessary for them to make themselves known.  Unless they have peaked both wolves or are in danger of being lynched they should stay firmly hidden

If we are in lylo, that is, the point in the game where a wrong lynch loses the game, and seer has a wolf in the bag, why shouldn't they come out and direct a correct lynch?
If we lynch wrong there, then the game is over, so what if they haven't peeked both wolves.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Trigger - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 12:08 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Trigger Wrote: The seer should stay hidden until it is absolutely necessary for them to make themselves known.  Unless they have peaked both wolves or are in danger of being lynched they should stay firmly hidden

If we are in lylo, that is, the point in the game where a wrong lynch loses the game, and seer has a wolf in the bag, why shouldn't they come out and direct a correct lynch?
If we lynch wrong there, then the game is over, so what if they haven't peeked both wolves.t

Well that would fall under the absolutely nessessary part of my post, basically they should only come out if they have peeked both wolves before then.

(03-08-2021, 08:50 PM)nothing Wrote: Everything I do comes off wolfy! Good scapegoat for the real wolves!

(03-08-2021, 08:56 PM)nothing Wrote: Goddammit, can't be nice and helpful, can't squabble innocently.

(03-08-2021, 08:57 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:54 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Why would you worry about accidentally making yourself look Wolfy... If you claim you aint a wolf?

Because that could lead to a mislynch, or a shot, and I'd like to actually be able to be a helpful villager Smile

(03-08-2021, 08:58 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:57 PM)Clarabel Wrote: This time.... you say

Hmm, have I cried not-wolf too many times?!

(03-08-2021, 09:03 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:00 PM)cee_jay Wrote: When nothing is overly helpful, nothing is a wolf Tongue

Nothing is always overhelpful! But I'm not a wolf this time

(03-08-2021, 09:11 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:09 PM)Trigger Wrote: Hahaha I was asking nothing (the poster) Big Grin

You're acting as suspicious as usual! Nah, I got nothing yet

(03-08-2021, 09:17 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:16 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I think nothing could do with a name change! Tongue

It does get confusing

(03-08-2021, 09:17 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:16 PM)Trigger Wrote: What's suspicious about pointing out observations?

I said "as usual" pac

my legacy is nothing page 3, it feels laboured.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Clarabel - 04-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 10:01 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:31 PM)Clarabel Wrote: Says the one with a name covered.....

Why did you just reply to yourself?

Because I can't edit and my first sentence was written like I wasn't blindfolded.

So it was my correction.

(03-08-2021, 11:55 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'll remove suspicion from Clarabel.

For now at least!

Why though?

Qb and Neo any reads?

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:11 PM)quickbeam Wrote: So, based on the above, I'd recommend vig not shoot until we get some seer info.

I presume seer doesn't get a peek tonight if it's only post lynch.

The seer should stay hidden until it is absolutely necessary for them to make themselves known.  Unless they have peaked both wolves or are in danger of being lynched they should stay firmly hidden

My subconcious was working overnighit I think, because this is the point I wanted to come back to this morning though I couldn't remember who had made it.  I disagree that the seer should wait until both wolves are peeked.  If one wolf is peeked it is imperitive that that infiormation doesn't die with them, and while a lynch may be foreshadowed, a munch certainly isn't and it'd be too risky not to reveal.

I have noted that Neowise said almost as much in post 127 but Trigger still maintains waiting until both wolves are found in post 128.

(04-08-2021, 07:26 AM)Clarabel Wrote: Qb and Neo any reads?

Let's wait until after munch at least.

(04-08-2021, 08:17 AM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Trigger Wrote: The seer should stay hidden until it is absolutely necessary for them to make themselves known.  Unless they have peaked both wolves or are in danger of being lynched they should stay firmly hidden

My subconcious was working overnighit I think, because this is the point I wanted to come back to this morning though I couldn't remember who had made it.  I disagree that the seer should wait until both wolves are peeked.  If one wolf is peeked it is imperitive that that infiormation doesn't die with them, and while a lynch may be foreshadowed, a munch certainly isn't and it'd be too risky not to reveal.

I have noted that Neowise said almost as much in post 127 but Trigger still maintains waiting until both wolves are found in post 128.

So you think that the seer should make themselves known if they peek a wolf on night one?

Would that not basically render wagonomics useless and allowing the remaining wolf to munch them with near 100% certainty, taking any chance of extra information that can be gotten from the village? 

I suppose its a risk assessment and the seer should be weighing everything up to make there decision

(04-08-2021, 12:13 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 12:08 AM)Neowise Wrote: If we are in lylo, that is, the point in the game where a wrong lynch loses the game, and seer has a wolf in the bag, why shouldn't they come out and direct a correct lynch?
If we lynch wrong there, then the game is over, so what if they haven't peeked both wolves.t

Well that would fall under the absolutely nessessary part of my post, basically they should only come out if they have peeked both wolves before then.

Quoting this for clarity, as I feel QB is being dishonest here and latching onto one part, I clarified that those situations that Neo stated (lylo case) would fall under the absolutely nessarary to come out, but QB seems to be ignoring that part of the post

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Ectoplasm - 04-08-2021

Morning. Always wary of overly long discussions about roles. Seer and vig should play roles best they know how. I know newbies can use guidance but focusing too much on mechanics can be a safe place for wolves to talk. Not saying that's what's happening here, just advocating for moving on. So far nothing and Clara seeming wolfiest to me but I'm not overly attached to those reads.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - cee_jay - 04-08-2021

Clara always seems Wolfy to me.
A few posters staying below the radar at the moment, at least with 10 players there isn't really anywhere to hide and they will hopefully come out to play later.

(04-08-2021, 08:49 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:17 AM)quickbeam Wrote: My subconcious was working overnighit I think, because this is the point I wanted to come back to this morning though I couldn't remember who had made it.  I disagree that the seer should wait until both wolves are peeked.  If one wolf is peeked it is imperitive that that infiormation doesn't die with them, and while a lynch may be foreshadowed, a munch certainly isn't and it'd be too risky not to reveal.

So you think that the seer should make themselves known if they peek a wolf on night one?

Would that not basically render wagonomics useless and allowing the remaining wolf to munch them with near 100% certainty, taking any chance of extra information that can be gotten from the village? 

I suppose its a risk assessment and the seer should be weighing everything up to make there decision

Yes.  I think if the seer peeks a wolf they should come out.  Wagonimics *may* be sacrificed for the chance to catch a wolf, but there's other lynches where it may be used.for wagonomics.  The reveal can also be timed to hopefully give them another peek.

Noobs - "wagonomics" is the analysis of the votes for the lynch to see if wolves can be spotted from how they voted.

(04-08-2021, 09:13 AM)cee_jay Wrote: Clara always seems Wolfy to me.
A few posters staying below the radar at the moment, at least with 10 players there isn't really anywhere to hide and they will hopefully come out to play later.

Post counts as of now.. 

[font=Open Sans]Total Posts: 139
User
# Posts
Trigger
quickbeam
nothing
Leg End Reject
Clarabel
cee_jay
Neowise
Necro
Ectoplasm
HeyV
JohnGreenFan
1[/font]

(04-08-2021, 09:15 AM)quickbeam Wrote:  The reveal can also be timed to hopefully give them another peek.

I had presumed that they would get the results at end of night phase, I reread the OP again and it doesn't state when it will be received, whether it's instant or delayed, so the above could be possible

Even if they get the result right after the lynch, they could hold off telling us until a more opportune time.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 04-08-2021

Morning dawned on the FoGgers and as they awoke they saw the body of Leg End Reject in pieces beside them.

Leg End Reject has been munched, they were an NRV

Lynch at 9pm tonight folks!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 04-08-2021

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuX6sEzAm6PVCqWWSXtCafeEMPKs5RixsUN394kQ1tvGuGrQ/viewform

Lynch Form Opened!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Leg End Reject - 04-08-2021

I understand the words you're all using but I've no idea what they mean!

Why is it bad if the seer reveals themself?
Why is post count relevant?
And why am I suspicious of Clarabel again????

(04-08-2021, 10:07 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I understand the words you're all using but I've no idea what they mean!

You dead Big Grin

(04-08-2021, 10:07 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I understand the words you're all using but I've no idea what they mean!

Shush, you're dead!

That was an odd munch choice tbh, and unfair too Sad

Right so.. 2 posts last night then stick out like a sore thumb

(04-08-2021, 10:09 AM)quickbeam Wrote:

Shush, you're dead!

That was an odd munch choice tbh, and unfair too Sad

Not so odd. They posted yesterday about not giving away their role. If not a wolf, it would be an obvious pick for role hunting.

(03-08-2021, 08:56 PM)Clarabel Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:04 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: My spidey senses are tingling, are ye trying to suss out my role? Big Grin Confused

A role you say

(03-08-2021, 10:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote: At bedtime my wolfiest players are:
Leg End Reject - with their Wolfy role
Ectoplasm - we have never once been on the same team so that now makes her a wolf

These 2, the only ones I remember mentioning the role, I'm not sure if a wolf would post like this, why draw the attention to the post and to themselves then.. surely wolves would bring it up in backroom and ignore it on the thread.

I thought it was a wolf slip when I posted that because they hadn't addressed Clara's post in anyway.

(04-08-2021, 10:16 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:56 PM)Clarabel Wrote: A role you say

(03-08-2021, 10:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote: At bedtime my wolfiest players are:
Leg End Reject - with their Wolfy role
Ectoplasm - we have never once been on the same team so that now makes her a wolf

These 2, the only ones I remember mentioning the role, I'm not sure if a wolf would post like this, why draw the attention to the post and to themselves then.. surely wolves would bring it up in backroom and ignore it on the thread.

Possibly, or double bluff. I'm not loving CJs shade on me there but am going to assume it's facetious for now.

Hmmm, I do remember Clara posting that and thinking - Why make it obvious if a wolf might not have noticed the first time. I thought it was a bad move by Clara, but never actually thought that a wolf probably wouldn't do that.

(04-08-2021, 10:24 AM)Ectoplasm Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:16 AM)Trigger Wrote: These 2, the only ones I remember mentioning the role, I'm not sure if a wolf would post like this, why draw the attention to the post and to themselves then.. surely wolves would bring it up in backroom and ignore it on the thread.

Possibly, or double bluff. I'm not loving CJs shade on me there but am going to assume it's facetious for now.

It is, you weren't really on the thread at that stage so I was poking you to see what the reaction was. 
Leg End Reject came straight back with suspecting me, which I didn't like, and tbh I would have had them top of my wolf pile for today as a result. 
@JohnGreenFan is very quiet. As is @HeyV

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 04-08-2021

Oh that feels like a mean munch.

Bit mean to munch a new player first in their first game. It does look like a role hunting munch. 7v2 means the vigs shot wont be free if it misses, it will be taking a mislynch away from the village, so id advise that they shoot under the villages guidance only instead of going hero shooting.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 08:49 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:17 AM)quickbeam Wrote: My subconcious was working overnighit I think, because this is the point I wanted to come back to this morning though I couldn't remember who had made it.  I disagree that the seer should wait until both wolves are peeked.  If one wolf is peeked it is imperitive that that infiormation doesn't die with them, and while a lynch may be foreshadowed, a munch certainly isn't and it'd be too risky not to reveal.

I wouldn't be advocating for a seer reveal but if they did peek a wolf then vig could take their shot so no issues with wagonomics

(04-08-2021, 10:38 AM)cee_jay Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 10:24 AM)Ectoplasm Wrote: Possibly, or double bluff. I'm not loving CJs shade on me there but am going to assume it's facetious for now.

It is, you weren't really on the thread at that stage so I was poking you to see what the reaction was. 
Leg End Reject came straight back with suspecting me, which I didn't like, and tbh I would have had them top of my wolf pile for today as a result. 
@JohnGreenFan is very quiet. As is @HeyV

Yeah I was busy soaking up scandal elsewhere pac

Day 1 now so everyone should be a bit more active. I always find it hard to get started with little of note happening. Munch this morning was obviously role hunting and harsh on a new player. Was expecting a flavour munch with numbers so tight.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 04-08-2021

Also, morning all. Nothing, I can't believe you killed off the newbie. Bad form.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13099550]

(04-08-2021, 10:44 AM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: I wouldn't be advocating for a seer reveal but if they did peek a wolf then vig could take their shot so no issues with wagonomics

And how would the vig know who the wolf was unless the seer reveals?

(04-08-2021, 10:44 AM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:49 AM)Trigger Wrote: So you think that the seer should make themselves known if they peek a wolf on night one?

I wouldn't be advocating for a seer reveal but if they did peek a wolf then vig could take their shot so no issues with wagonomics

If the vigs shot kills a wolf, we gain a mislynch.