A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FoG Inaugural WW - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FoG Inaugural WW (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 12:36 PM)ShaneU Wrote: I reckon there's a wolf in one of the HeyV voters (ceejay or JGF) I think they only made one post before I stepped in? A very soft target. I'll be voting one of these

You think either myself or ceejay only made one post before your sub in? I don't know what game you're reading to come to that conclusion

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - ShaneU - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 01:02 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 12:36 PM)ShaneU Wrote: I reckon there's a wolf in one of the HeyV voters (ceejay or JGF) I think they only made one post before I stepped in? A very soft target. I'll be voting one of these

You think either myself or ceejay only made one post before your sub in? I don't know what game you're reading to come to that conclusion
I was talking about HeyV. I checked back and they actually made about 4 or 5 posts, all were about being totally confused as to what is happening. As I said, an easy target. And the wolves already munched another new player at the first opportunity so they've no issue being evil remorseless feckers haha

(05-08-2021, 01:01 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Neo - what JGF posted earlier... Why take out QB and leave Neo exposed? However, if I have a wolf lean on JGF, why would they back Neo like this... But Neo did jump quickly onto the Trigger post, I don't think Trigger had even responded to QB and me asking about it and his vote was cast

This is my thing today - I'm not backing Neo by any means - I said yesterday I usually town read him nearly straight from the start and I'm just not getting that vibe this match. But it seems madness for a wolf to munch the only other person on the wagon for a village lynch. That doesn't add up in my head at all. But it is Neo...

He jumped really quickly on the Trigger post about the 'TMI' or whatever that was. I know quickbeam said he usually find Neo to be an enigmatic player and I can't say I disagree but I think it's usually less jumpy and not based on one post. It just doesn't read like village Neo to me. I feel like he would usually ask more questions to Trigger in that situation, pulling more info out and forcing the wolf to back themselves into a corner. But he didn't. Jr just jumped right in and said right I'm voting trigger and I'm voting again at 9:59 just in case.
I also thought that was weird because I don't really think we knew enough about where people were voting at that stage to know whether it was going to be a tie?

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 05-08-2021

Been reading in the background this morning, going to hop on pc later and try to figure out who I think are the wolves.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Clarabel - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 01:01 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Neo - what JGF posted earlier... Why take out QB and leave Neo exposed? However, if I have a wolf lean on JGF, why would they back Neo like this... But Neo did jump quickly onto the Trigger post, I don't think Trigger had even responded to QB and me asking about it and his vote was cast

Neo would take out qb for 2 reasons, thought she had a role or thought it would be better with an experienced player gone.

Neo was the one who didn't really go back and answer Triggers questions correctly and basically voted him off to  stop him ruffle feathers exactly as Trigger said.  There was so much OMGTMUS (or whatever the fuck that is) about it.

(05-08-2021, 01:06 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 01:02 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: You think either myself or ceejay only made one post before your sub in? I don't know what game you're reading to come to that conclusion
I was talking about HeyV. I checked back and they actually made about 4 or 5 posts, all were about being totally confused as to what is happening. As I said, an easy target. And the wolves already munched another new player at the first opportunity so they've no issue being evil remorseless feckers haha

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood.
I did have a wild theory yesterday about HeyV being a wolf with nothing but that fell apart on me when nothing did a response to my post which just read to me like pure frustration on the part of a villager

(05-08-2021, 01:26 PM)Clarabel Wrote:

Neo would take out qb for 2 reasons, thought she had a role or thought it would be better with an experienced player gone.

Neo was the one who didn't really go back and answer Triggers questions correctly and basically voted him off to  stop him ruffle feathers exactly as Trigger said.  There was so much OMGTMUS (or whatever the fuck that is) about it.

Wtf is omgtmus

(05-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:

This is my thing today - I'm not backing Neo by any means - I said yesterday I usually town read him nearly straight from the start and I'm just not getting that vibe this match. But it seems madness for a wolf to munch the only other person on the wagon for a village lynch. That doesn't add up in my head at all. But it is Neo...

He jumped really quickly on the Trigger post about the 'TMI' or whatever that was. I know quickbeam said he usually find Neo to be an enigmatic player and I can't say I disagree but I think it's usually less jumpy and not based on one post. It just doesn't read like village Neo to me. I feel like he would usually ask more questions to Trigger in that situation, pulling more info out and forcing the wolf to back themselves into a corner. But he didn't. Jr just jumped right in and said right I'm voting trigger and I'm voting again at 9:59 just in case.
I also thought that was weird because I don't really think we knew enough about where people were voting at that stage to know whether it was going to be a tie?

JGF why are you defending other players?  That's a really wolfy thing to do.

There were 2 players, I wouldn't call that a wagon....

(05-08-2021, 01:27 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 01:26 PM)Clarabel Wrote: Neo would take out qb for 2 reasons, thought she had a role or thought it would be better with an experienced player gone.

Wtf is omgtmus

OMG you voted for me so I am going to vote for you.

Wait why would neo be exposed here?

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Ectoplasm - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 01:33 PM)Clarabel Wrote:

Wait why would neo be exposed here?

Usual response to an NRV dying is to go after those who voted for them. Wolves often leave those votes alone to keep the suspicions there. If Neo is a wolf then munching QB makes him the obvious next target for lynch.

(05-08-2021, 12:48 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 12:43 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I can't say why JGF voted there. But if you had subbed on yesterday @ShaneU who would you have voted for and why? You had no previous day votes to go on...
Tbh it probably would have been one of the two voters for Trigger as I didn't think he was a wolf.

If you are NRV you couldn't have known he wasn't a wolf beforehand. I didn't think he was a wolf either but that didn't make me want to vote for QB or Neo, I went for who I thought was wolfiest. This seems like a cop out answer.

(05-08-2021, 01:28 PM)Clarabel Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: This is my thing today - I'm not backing Neo by any means - I said yesterday I usually town read him nearly straight from the start and I'm just not getting that vibe this match. But it seems madness for a wolf to munch the only other person on the wagon for a village lynch. That doesn't add up in my head at all. But it is Neo...

JGF why are you defending other players?  That's a really wolfy thing to do.

There were 2 players, I wouldn't call that a wagon....

Where in that post am I defending players - first line literally says I'm not backing Neo. Deliberately misreading posts - now THAT is Wolfy.

I didn't realise there were different names for voting depending on the number of people - is this a sort of two's crowd, three's a party and four's a wagon??

Could I interest anyone in a Clarabel lynch this evening? Now that her posting has calmed down enough from the quote-tastrophe yesterday, none of her stuff makes much sense except that Neo is playing weird

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - cee_jay - 05-08-2021

Yesterday evening's state of play... On thread we knew the following votes:
HeyV - CJ & JGF
Trigger - QB & Neo (with Neo's assertion he was going to recast at seconds to 9pm also)
nothing - HeyV (Neo posted this as he had seen the votes)
CJ - Trigger

Had Clara, Ecto and nothing declared their votes beforehand?

(05-08-2021, 02:28 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: Could I interest anyone in a Clarabel lynch this evening? Now that her posting has calmed down enough from the quote-tastrophe yesterday, none of her stuff makes much sense except that Neo is playing weird

What about it is not making sense to you?

Pretty sure I did yeah and Clara declared hers before book club. Not sure on Nothing but easy enough to check back

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 02:30 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Yesterday evening's state of play... On thread we knew the following votes:
HeyV - CJ & JGF
Trigger - QB & Neo (with Neo's assertion he was going to recast at seconds to 9pm also)
nothing - HeyV (Neo posted this as he had seen the votes)
CJ - Trigger

Had Clara, Ecto and nothing declared their votes beforehand?

I think I did, but maybe after 8pm or so? Can't remember

(04-08-2021, 08:28 PM)nothing Wrote: I've put a vote on Neowise, I'm annoyed, expecting others to clearly explain their positions without explaining their own properly. Also I'm still grumpy.

Yeah nothing declared here.

(05-08-2021, 02:33 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: Pretty sure I did yeah and Clara declared hers before book club. Not sure on Nothing but easy enough to check back

Tis... Will have a look later once my day of meeting hell finishes. 

I'd really like to hear from @nothing and @ShaneU as to their reads on the different players as it stands.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:

I said i was voting at 20:59:59 because i wanted my vote to be worth two votes.
I had no idea it would be a tie, but as it was, my vote was worth two votes, exactly as i said. Anybody else could have challenged me to try to win last vote. Did anybody?
Why not?
I thought I had seen an alignment indicative post by trigger, I hopped on it and backed my own convictions. I was wrong. Its not like that has never happened before.
But don't go shading my double vote attempt, any one of ye could have tried for it, and for all i know, a wolf could have been trying and i beat them to it.

(04-08-2021, 08:36 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: Is this because I said I was suspicious of you earlier? If it makes you feel better, I've changed my mind. 

My vote is on Nothing. I've been  reading Trigger as village and while I initially thought his post about Nothing was strange, his explanation made sense.

And this is mine.

(05-08-2021, 02:38 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Tis... Will have a look later once my day of meeting hell finishes. 

I'd really like to hear from @nothing and @ShaneU as to their reads on the different players as it stands.

I don't trust anyone. I do know three people that voted for villagers though and they are Neowise, Cee_jay and JohnGreenFan. And I'll be voting for one of these.

Don't know why Neo was so set on Trigger being a wolf. Because of the wasted bullet comment? I didn't see it at all.

And the other two voted on a clearly confused new player for being too quiet.
(05-08-2021, 02:38 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Tis... Will have a look later once my day of meeting hell finishes. 

I don't trust anyone. I do know three people that voted for villagers though and they are
Neowise, Cee_jay and JohnGreenFan. And I'll be voting for one of these.

Don't know why Neo was so set on Trigger being a wolf. Because of the wasted bullet comment? I didn't see it at all.

And the other two voted on a clearly confused new player for being too quiet.

wtf, how did that post double like that Big Grin

I'll be voting Neo I reckon. The voting last second just smells of desperate wolf to me.

(05-08-2021, 02:39 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: This is my thing today - I'm not backing Neo by any means - I said yesterday I usually town read him nearly straight from the start and I'm just not getting that vibe this match. But it seems madness for a wolf to munch the only other person on the wagon for a village lynch. That doesn't add up in my head at all. But it is Neo...

I said i was voting at 20:59:59 because i wanted my vote to be worth two votes.
I had no idea it would be a tie, but as it was, my vote was worth two votes, exactly as i said. Anybody else could have challenged me to try to win last vote. Did anybody?
Why not?
I thought I had seen an alignment indicative post by trigger, I hopped on it and backed my own convictions. I was wrong. Its not like that has never happened before.
But don't go shading my double vote attempt, any one of ye could have tried for it, and for all i know, a wolf could have been trying and i beat them to it.

I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

Of course we could have tried it... But I wouldn't bother unless I was sure I had a wolf. I didn't see anything in Triggers posting yesterday to indicate wolfiness but I thought well, maybe Neo knows better than I do. We can all make mistakes but this post is really defensive and smells off to me.

I partly think Clara is a wolf but I'm leaning towards wolf Neo and they're clearly not wolves together. my brain is a hot mess in this game

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 03:06 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 02:39 PM)Neowise Wrote: I said i was voting at 20:59:59 because i wanted my vote to be worth two votes.
Why not?

I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

Of course we could have tried it... But I wouldn't bother unless I was sure I had a wolf. I didn't see anything in Triggers posting yesterday to indicate wolfiness but I thought well, maybe Neo knows better than I do. We can all make mistakes but this post is really defensive and smells off to me.

Quote:I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

yes, you are missing something.

Nominee

votes

Voter
Trigger2quickbeam, Neowise
HeyV2cee_jay, JohnGreenFan
nothing2HeyV ShaneU, Ectoplasm

3 wagons were tied on two votes each, but my vote was worth 2 votes, so 3 votes beats the other 2 votes wagons.

(05-08-2021, 02:28 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: Could I interest anyone in a Clarabel lynch this evening? Now that her posting has calmed down enough from the quote-tastrophe yesterday, none of her stuff makes much sense except that Neo is playing weird

He;s playing wolf, not weird

(05-08-2021, 03:06 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: I partly think Clara is a wolf but I'm leaning towards wolf Neo and they're clearly not wolves together. my brain is a hot mess in this game

I am not a wolf!

Clara - Villagh

Ecto- villagh
CJ - Village

JGF - moving towards village. I can't see Neo and her on the same team
Shane - So heyV is village then why not modkill? Is it cause the numbers were so tight?
Nothing - not declaring....hmmm..I need to do an ISO. wish me luck with figuring out how to do that

WOLF
Neo -

Trigger I miss you. Come back and post.

It's hard to find wolves when no one is chatting (I know i am guilty too)

(05-08-2021, 03:18 PM)Clarabel Wrote: Clara - Villagh

Ecto- villagh
CJ - Village

JGF - moving towards village.  I can't see Neo and her on the same team
Shane - So heyV is village then why not modkill?  Is it cause the numbers were so tight? 
Nothing - not declaring....hmmm..I need to do an ISO.  wish me luck with figuring out how to do that

WOLF
Neo -

Iso is pretty much same as on Boards.

Ecto- villagh
CJ - Village

Shane - So heyV is village then why not modkill?  Is it cause the numbers were so tight? 
Nothing - not declaring....hmmm..I need to do an ISO.  wish me luck with figuring out how to do that

WOLF
Neo -

Is there a scenario whereby JGF is a wolf and Neo is not a wolf? 
The modkill... Shane had volunteered to be a sub I think. The numbers are tight, we can't presume it was because Wolf. There could be other reasons also. Declaring the wolves are those who voted for "known" villagers (Shane earlier) is not a reason why someone is a wolf. Very weak reasoning there imo. You voted for my character, so you are a wolf? Nah, not buying. Very lazy read. 
nothing did declare... I was asking if she had or not last night, Ecto quoted her post. 

QB... They are a strong player, I can see why the wolves would want them gone. They spotted things in the game, and people listened. It leaves Neo exposed, I would prefer if Neo stuck around today and did some reads to help out the village rather than just coming on and saying I messed up.

(05-08-2021, 03:59 PM)cee_jay Wrote:

Ecto- villagh
CJ - Village

WOLF
Neo -

Is there a scenario whereby JGF is a wolf and Neo is not a wolf? 
The modkill... Shane had volunteered to be a sub I think. The numbers are tight, we can't presume it was because Wolf. There could be other reasons also. Declaring the wolves are those who voted for "known" villagers (Shane earlier) is not a reason why someone is a wolf. Very weak reasoning there imo. You voted for my character, so you are a wolf? Nah, not buying. Very lazy read. 
nothing did declare... I was asking if she had or not last night, Ecto quoted her post. 

QB... They are a strong player, I can see why the wolves would want them gone. They spotted things in the game, and people listened. It leaves Neo exposed, I would prefer if Neo stuck around today and did some reads to help out the village rather than just coming on and saying I messed up.

I can see a scenario where that happens. I'm not 100% convinced on either being village anyway, definitely in my neutral pile. Clara makes a decent argument for Neo but the munch on QB argues against it. 

As far as ShaneU, I agree with the lack of reads. It's all a bit too surface but I scoffed at the idea that Nothing and HeyV were on the same team yesterday, yet so far today I haven't seen any analysis from Nothing...which has a feel of laying low and hoping for the best.

(05-08-2021, 03:11 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:06 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

Quote:I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

Nominee

votes

Voter

3 wagons were tied on two votes each, but my vote was worth 2 votes, so 3 votes beats the other 2 votes wagons.

Just so I am 100% clear. Are you going to have two votes in tonight's lynch.

(05-08-2021, 03:11 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:06 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote: I still don't understand the two votes thing? Like voting again doesn't count as another vote, just moves you to last voted - am I missing something here??

Nominee

votes

Voter

(05-08-2021, 04:19 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:59 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Is there a scenario whereby JGF is a wolf and Neo is not a wolf? 

I can see a scenario where that happens. I'm not 100% convinced on either being village anyway, definitely in my neutral pile. Clara makes a decent argument for Neo but the munch on QB argues against it. 

As far as ShaneU, I agree with the lack of reads. It's all a bit too surface but I scoffed at the idea that Nothing and HeyV were on the same team yesterday, yet so far today I haven't seen any analysis from Nothing...which has a feel of laying low and hoping for the best.

Maybe this is Neo's world and we're all just living in it

ShaneU bothers me but he played exactly the same way in the last game and turned out to be town.

Nothing... I did genuinely think they were a villager. Being so quiet today makes me doubt that again but maybe they are just a really frustrated villager who has given up

Maybe the vig should just shoot Neo and then at least we'd know. I know what I said earlier about how weird a play it would be as wolf to munch the only other person who voted with you against a villager but I also don't see there not being wolves voting for Trigger.

If the seer could appear with two guaranteed wolves that would also be great  pac

(05-08-2021, 04:19 PM)JohnGreenFan Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 03:11 PM)Neowise Wrote: yes, you are missing something.

Nominee

votes

Voter

he will likely try.
JGF it's not actually two votes but if the votes tie then it is last vote that gets it.

Mods I wish it was FIRST VOTE!