A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FoG Inaugural WW - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FoG Inaugural WW (/showthread.php?tid=47)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 03-08-2021

Welcome everyone to FoG's Inaugural Werewolf Game. 

I'm going to try to make the OP as short and concise as possible and have stripped back the roles below specifically for this game. PM's with roles will be sent out shortly before the game is due to start. This will give everyone who needs back forum access to check they can get in OK and everyone a chance to check things like Lynch forms. 

The lynch form is located here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuX6sEzAm6PVCqWWSXtCafeEMPKs5RixsUN394kQ1tvGuGrQ/viewform

Roles
2 Wolves - Wolves munch at night, with the kill announced at 10am each morning.
1 Seer - Can ask the moderator once each night phase  (post lynch) who they would like to check and they will be told the role of the player. 
1 Vigilante - has 1 bullet with which they can shoot their target at any stage from 10am tomorrow.
6 Normal Villagers ie NRVs. Vote to decide who to lynch each night.

Roles of the deceased will be announced as each person dies. 

Win Conditions: Wolves need to gain parity with the village in order to win. Villagers need to kill all wolves.

Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. Editing posts is a strict no-no in Werewolf. Please remember this and also... DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere. Always remember the mods may have secrets, though there are no hidden roles in this game. 

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per cycle (munch-munch) minimum limit starting from Wednesday morning at 10am. 2 missed votes will result in a substitution where possible or a modkill if absolutely necessary

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring or alluding to the content of them or any backroom you may or may not have, without prior permission. Note that there are new players playing, they may have been provided with backrooms to ask questions of the game mods irrespective of game role.

5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by a munch at 10am Wednesday morning and the lynch will be at 9pm. Role reveals will take place on thread after each death. Munches will be at 10am each morning.

6) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Voting will be done via Google forms with the link provided in the OP, and the dedicated lynch link thread in the Werewolf Forum. In the event of a tied lynch, the lynch will be decided by last vote cast. 

7) Policy on Abuse: By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum admin (listed in the staff section of the site) or use the report button on the post in question. Admins will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. Having fun is the aim!!

Player List:
cee_jay
Clarabel
Ectoplasm
HeyV
JohnGreenFan
Leg End Reject
Neowise
nothing
quickbeam
Trigger

So I was testing the lynch form there myself and apparently there's now a new feature where you can view previous votes, or responses.

Unfortunately it was also showing the lynch code so I've had to remove that feature from the form.

When voting just use your FoG name going forward folks, thanks.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Necro - 03-08-2021

No Posting until PMs are sent out please and thanks!

PMs have now been sent out. Post away when ready folks!!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Trigger - 03-08-2021

[Image: AngelicDeterminedIberianchiffchaff-max-1mb.gif]

*waves* howdy everyone!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - quickbeam - 03-08-2021

Hello everyone, especially our noobs.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 03-08-2021

[Image: tenor.gif]

Greetings!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - JohnGreenFan - 03-08-2021

Evening all!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b4tj69eep5ecw6xwcr....webp&ct=g]

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Ectoplasm - 03-08-2021

Evening all. Great to see we've recruited a couple of newbies and QB it's great to see you playing again!

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - cee_jay - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 04:40 PM)nothing Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Greetings!

If ever an entrance was Wolfy...

(03-08-2021, 05:48 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 04:40 PM)nothing Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Greetings!

If ever an entrance was Wolfy...

Wolfy or Woody? pac

Just as an FYI for new players, the lynch form is currently closed until tomorrow morning. It will be opened after the wolf kill is announced at 10am. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b251488f786d4dbe88...y.gif&ct=g]

I can't gif Sad

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - HeyV - 03-08-2021

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a523cb575dd6935896...y.gif&ct=g]

(03-08-2021, 06:09 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I can't gif Sad

Either can I. Well technically I haven't tried but dunno how to do it.

(03-08-2021, 06:17 PM)HeyV Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a523cb575dd6935896...y.gif&ct=g]

At the moment we're just chatting inanely.  But if you're on team village then you're on the lookout for slips by potential wolves.  You'll be asked to vote to lynch who you think is a wolf tomorrow evening (if you're still alive in the morning, but let's face it, it'd be a mean wolf that would munch a noob the first night).  Don't worry if you don't find a wolf though, it's incredibly hard, and is often more luck than design especially for the first lynch.

If you're a wolf you can chat with your teammate in the backroom.  As a wolf you'll probably want to find one of the power players on team village - that's the seer and vigilante this game, because they're the players that will cause you most harm, and if you do find them you'll probably want to munch them pretty pronto.  If you are a wolf though, provided it's not both noobs in that role, you should have a bit of support from your teammate.

(03-08-2021, 06:23 PM)cee_jay Wrote:

Img tags work if you have the .gif link.  (.jpg etc for images) 

In full reply you can hit the little monitor button with the green plus and a pop up box will appear where you can throw in the link.. you can also adjust its size there if you wish

(03-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Trigger Wrote: Img tags work if you have the .gif link.  (.jpg etc for images) 

In full reply you can hit the little monitor button with the green plus and a pop up box will appear where you can throw in the link.. you can also adjust its size there if you wish

Thanks. The difficulty is in getting the gif link. For some reason I don't seem to be able to do so on sites like tenor or giphy and that's pretty much where all gifs come from.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - Neowise - 03-08-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

I first had trouble when i tried to press enter when i added the url. you need to press INSERT.

(03-08-2021, 06:53 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Trigger Wrote: Img tags work if you have the .gif link.  (.jpg etc for images) 

Thanks.  The difficulty is in getting the gif link.  For some reason I don't seem to be able to do so on sites like tenor or giphy and that's pretty much where all gifs come from.

On mobile giphy you need to click into the image, then you will get a page with three dots on the bottom right, the image will pop up and open the image in a new tab and the link should be there.

And on desktop?

Right click on image, copy image address and paste into the little box

(03-08-2021, 06:59 PM)quickbeam Wrote: And on desktop?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b379e459d834477e10...y.gif&ct=g]

(03-08-2021, 07:02 PM)Necro Wrote: Right click on image, copy image address and paste into the little box

I'd swear I tried that and it didn't work, but it's working now so it's more likely I'm just an idiot. 

And now the giffy reply I wanted to give someone, but the moment has passed Big Grin

10 player game, 2 wolves means 8v2.
If there is a non flavor munch tomorrow, that is 7v2, so 2 mislynches allowed before lylo.
if there is a flavor lynch, then the vig has a free shot which won't effect mislynches.
if munch is real, and the vig misses hitting wolf, we have only 1 mislynch available.

someone check my numbers.

I can gif but I'm lazy.

(03-08-2021, 07:05 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: I can gif but I'm lazy.

Oh dear.  That was supposed to have a gif included.

(03-08-2021, 07:05 PM)Neowise Wrote: 10 player game, 2 wolves means 8v2.
If there is a non flavor munch tomorrow, that is 7v2, so 2 mislynches allowed before lylo.
if there is a flavor lynch, then the vig has a free shot which won't effect mislynches.
if munch is real, and the vig misses hitting wolf, we have only 1 mislynch available.

The effect on number of mislynches would surely depend on whether the vig's free shot hits a village or a wolf.

Also, may I suggest as we have no players that you explain terms like lylo when posting?

you click the link [copy link] and then copy the test in the gif line
[Image: unknown.png]

*test = text*

8 v 2
7 v 2 assuming real munch
6 v 2 assuming vig misfire
5 v 2 assuming mislynch [1]
4 v 2 munch
3 v 2 assuming mislynch [2] - game over.

So, based on the above, I'd recommend vig not shoot until we get some seer info.

I presume seer doesn't get a peek tonight if it's only post lynch.

RE: FoG Inaugural WW - nothing - 03-08-2021

We will find those wolfies!

(03-08-2021, 07:08 PM)quickbeam Wrote:

The effect on number of mislynches would surely depend on whether the vig's free shot hits a village or a wolf.

Also, may I suggest as we have no players that you explain terms like lylo when posting?

glossary
vig = vigilante
8v2 & 7v2 = number of villager versus wolves
lylo = the point in the game where if you lynch wrong you lose.
flavor lynch = if the lynch says someone who is not a game player dies and all 10 players remain after the lynch
mislynch = killing a villager instead of a wolf

did i get everything? please query me if there is anything you don't understand in my posts

(03-08-2021, 07:08 PM)Neowise Wrote:

you click the link [copy link] and then copy the test in the gif line
[Image: unknown.png]

Was trying one of these, but they weren't gif extensions.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b9fyev5yc5uh954b5x....webp&ct=g]

Translation please?

(03-08-2021, 07:13 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:08 PM)quickbeam Wrote:

glossary
vig = vigilante
8v2 & 7v2  = number of villager versus wolves
lylo = the point in the game where if you lynch wrong you lose.
flavor lynch = if the lynch says someone who is not a game player dies and all 10 players remain after the lynch
mislynch = killing a villager instead of a wolf

did i get everything? please query me if there is anything you don't understand in my posts

But no one can post or thank after they're killed so how would all 10 remain?