A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 02:29 PM)E.N. Wrote: Instrumentals is an annoying round for me as I love post rock, but most of what I listen to needs a long time so I know it won't work here

Also, annoyingly, Sigur Rós released a new album today which I'm sure will be magnificent, but I won't have time to listen to it before tomorrow morning

So I'll have to fall back on an old favourite, I think

Since I am at the legend's lounge already and no pressure, I have no qualms and people will have to sit through a 12 minute epic!!!  pac

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Necro - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 03:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(16-06-2023, 02:39 PM)E.N. Wrote: Scene Queen is great 🙂

I almost submitted Pretty in Pink for this round but it wouldn't really have fit the brief. She was one of two artists that are new to me that I was hoping to enter, still hoping a suitable round comes up for the other, even though I have no idea what that round could be 🤣

I heard a rumour am making up a rumour that the round after Instrumental is Bimbocore... Wink

Is that what all the kids are watching online nowadays Confused

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 04:31 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: ...people will have to sit through a 12 minute epic!!!  pac
Brilliant Big Grin

That's still fairly short. I mean, this is what instrumental albums should be like...

Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 02:29 PM)E.N. Wrote: Instrumentals is an annoying round for me as I love post rock, but most of what I listen to needs a long time so I know it won't work here

Also, annoyingly, Sigur Rós released a new album today which I'm sure will be magnificent, but I won't have time to listen to it before tomorrow morning

So I'll have to fall back on an old favourite, I think

Annoying for me as well as I absolutely love instrumentals and I had so many to choose from .

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 16-06-2023

Instruments song sent.

I'm feeling about as enthusiastic as Rod Stewart week with this round

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 16-06-2023

(16-06-2023, 09:34 PM)Spears Wrote: Instruments song sent.

I'm feeling about as enthusiastic as Rod Stewart week with this round
If you found a Rod Stewart instrumental I'll vote for you out of principle 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 17-06-2023

Round 6

[Image: instrumental_logo_text@3x.png]

Voting closes at 8pm tonight

@aaronjennings Final Hour - X-Ray Dog

@ShaneU Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You

@Sephiroth_Dude And So I Watch You From Afar - Terrors of Pleasure

@Spears Hans Zimmer - Chevaliers De Sangreal

@E.N. 65daysofstatic - Radio Protector

Sounds from the lounge

@Jluv Bohemian Rhapsody

@jp liz v1 Kavinsky - Nightcall

@Irish Aris Explosions In The Sky - The Only Moment We Were Alone

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 17-06-2023

Hmm, yeah not really my cup of tea. 

I can listen to pieces like thst in small doses. I enjoy them in a movie or TV series but to sit & listen to (multiple) full songs, just isn't for me.

I didn't hate any of them if it is any consolation

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 09:47 AM)Spears Wrote: Hmm, yeah not really my cup of tea. 

I can listen to pieces like thst in small doses. I enjoy them in a movie or TV series but to sit & listen to (multiple) full songs, just isn't for me.

I didn't hate any of them if it is any consolation

For me on the other hand, by just looking at the artists, this is probably going to be my favourite round!!
Will listen shortly, out shopping before the rain kicks in again 🙂

(17-06-2023, 10:14 AM)Irish Aris Wrote: For me on the other hand, by just looking at the artists, this is probably going to be my favourite round!!

Ah brilliant! 

I know I sound like a Debbie Downer but it's nice to hear that others will get something from the round 👏

& here's my original take on the genre
https://youtu.be/n90SVmnomdM

I thought is was a good choice to showcase the particular instruments used in the song. 

I didn't realise at first the round was to be instruments only.

(17-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Spears Wrote: & here's my original take on the genre
https://youtu.be/n90SVmnomdM

I thought is was a good choice to showcase the particular instruments used in the song. 

I didn't realise at first the round was to be instruments only.

Ah Wardruna, such an interesting band!!
MIssed on tickets the last time they played here, hopefully next time

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 10:14 AM)Irish Aris Wrote: For me on the other hand, by just looking at the artists, this is probably going to be my favourite round!!
Ditto. Have them all downloaded for the flight home later, looking forward to it

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 17-06-2023

What, no one nominated Tchaikovsky or Beethoven? They're probably too mainstream for folks around here Big Grin

I have to give a vote to Spears. In part because I love that piece, and was tempted to pick it myself. And also as consolation for the angst she had to suffer through in ths round  Tongue

EN had a great choice as well, so I'm also giving him a vote 

Irish Aris definitely had the best song from the LL

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 17-06-2023

Disappointed that no one went the classical route, was hoping someone would throw in Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet Fantasy Overture or something along those lines.

Nothing really blew me away this round, they were all decent, and a couple stood out more than the others, but overall my takeaway from this round was a sense of missed opportunity

OK, so turned out a mixed bag. No middle ground, either really liked them or didn't like them at all.

E.N with the best selection by a big margin.

(17-06-2023, 12:23 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Ah Wardruna, such an interesting band!!
MIssed on tickets the last time they played here, hopefully next time

I had a ticket to go but my previous job got in the way & I had to miss it 😔.

It had been postponed twice & I was really looking forward to finally going.

Then to rub salt in, afterwards I got an email asking "how did you find the show" 😭😭😭

(17-06-2023, 01:12 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I have to give a vote to Spears. In part because I love that piece, and was tempted to pick it myself. And also as consolation for the angst she had to suffer through in ths round  Tongue

Thanks a lot Aaron, that genuinely warms my heart 😆

I was sulking & couldn't even bring myself to look up songs until the 11th hour.
Now thst it's all 9ver & done with (& I've calmed down), it probably wasn't even thst bad of a category 😊

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 17-06-2023

Welp. Looks like my fate is in the hands of the judges. To be honest, other than Liz's entry, I wouldn't be a fan of any of them

Agree with you Shane. I enjoyed @jp liz v1"s the most

Liz's selection is good, but the original version has lyrics, so I wouldn't have voted for it if it was still in competition.
Same for Bohemian Rhapsody

(17-06-2023, 04:03 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Liz's selection is good, but the original version has lyrics, so I wouldn't have voted for it if it was still in competition.

That's a fair point.

& it's probably why I (kinda) liked both 😁

(17-06-2023, 03:21 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Welp. Looks like my fate is in the hands of the judges. To be honest, other than Liz's entry, I wouldn't be a fan of any of them
Are you not going to vote for yourself? Remember there are extra votes also

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 17-06-2023

I've been very harsh and only voted for Sephi. Tough call here too, as I love the ASIWYFA but this is nowhere near their best, and I want sure how to separate those two thoughts. Ultimately I think I preferred it to other songs here, but I may be biased based on the band

aaron's X-Ray Dog I liked, but it was too short, it felt like the intro to a bigger piece, and I wanted the rest

Shane's Satriani wasn't for me, I'm afraid. I'm not a big one for guitar solos, and there wasn't much else

Spears' Zimmer just didn't work as a standalone piece for me. I'm sure it would be a great soundtrack, but sat on a plane listening through headphones, it didn't move me

From the LL I loved Aris', but it's basically a cheat code for me to pick Explosions or Godspeed Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Jluv - 17-06-2023

(17-06-2023, 04:03 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Liz's selection is good, but the original version has lyrics, so I wouldn't have voted for it if it was still in competition.

In hindsight I can see how I missed the brief. Should have been a piece that has only ever been an instrumental..

(17-06-2023, 05:18 PM)E.N. Wrote: I've been very harsh and only voted for Sephi. Tough call here too, as I love the ASIWYFA but this is nowhere near their best, and I want sure how to separate those two thoughts. Ultimately I think I preferred it to other songs here, but I may be biased based on the band

Interestingly, I had the exact same feelings here, I like ASIWYFA in general, but was disappointed as this was far from their best. Band bias failed to sway me however.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 17-06-2023

I didn't like any of them bar shane's Satriana and even then he has better songs, I should have gone for casiopea, think it might have faired better for me .

This was the other song I was considering entering, 

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - nothing - 17-06-2023

Hit and miss for me tonight. Loved @Jluv entry.

As others have said, would loved to have seen something more claasical

(17-06-2023, 05:44 PM)Jluv Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 04:03 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Liz's selection is good, but the original version has lyrics, so I wouldn't have voted for it if it was still in competition.

In hindsight I can see how I missed the brief. Should have been a piece that has only ever been an instrumental..

Hahaha!!!
Don't mind me jluv, I'm just a grumpy old man 🙃

Decided to have a second listen through of the songs I hadn't already thanked, and @ShaneU's grew on me enough to warrant a vote... It reminded me a bit of the random music montages they used to have in the middle of an episode of Baywatch, and those nostalgia feels made me appreciate it a lot more...

My power is off and mobile reception here is non existant, going to postpones judging proceedure untill tomorrow.

Votes counted

Aaron 8
EN 7
Spears 6
Seph 5
Shane 4

Theme for next round is Ryan Teeder songs (writen, produced, sang)

(17-06-2023, 08:11 PM)Kol Wrote: Theme for next round is Ryan Teeder songs (writen, produced, sang)

[Image: who-da-fook-conor-mcgregor.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 17-06-2023

Unfortunately the bottom two songs today were the only songs I dodn't vote for, so I will not use any extra votes this round

And for picking the instrumental category, I would also like to apologise...

...to nobody! Big Grin

[Image: vince-mc-mahon-its-me-austin.gif]