A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 08:07 PM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  and @DejaBoo  will face the music at 9pm if no extra votes are used.
If I give Deja a vote, do I drag Spears, jluv and Sephi into the mix?

[Image: the-grinch-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 08:52 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 08:07 PM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  and @DejaBoo  will face the music at 9pm if no extra votes are used.

As much as I would love such a Machiavellian twist, don't think you have an Extra Vote to use, do you?

(10-06-2023, 08:54 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: As much as I would love such a Machiavellian twist, don't think you have an Extra Vote to use, do you?
Yeah, just thought I'd scare them 🤣
If I'd checked the totals before 8pm I might have been tempted 😋

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 10-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 08:52 PM)E.N. Wrote:

Fir the record, if Deja got an extra vote she would have been safe tonight and Seph would be facing the judges with you.

@E.N.  and @DejaBoo

[Image: Time-To-Face-The-Music.jpg]

Over to the judges

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  @nothing @Kol

Plwase tell us who you want to send home and your reason why

Thoroughly enjoyed @E.N.'s song choice and thought it fit the category perfectly.

While I did like @DejaBoo's song, it felt a bit out of place for me here in this round, too far on the "Country Rock" side for me and never really felt like it ever hit what I would consider to be "Nu Metal" territory, so for that reason I'll be voting Deja Boo off the show tonight.

It's a shame, as I decided to have a listen to a couple of other Hardy songs (had never actually heard of him before) and the first few songs of his I found actually do perfectly straddle Nu Metal and Country in my opinion, and I think would've been great entries, but Give Heaven Some Hell just fell short for me for this round unfortunately...

I expected to like this round more than I did. I guess I'm too much of an old school 80s rocker.
I actually think EN had the song of the round here, I think he missed a trick not picking the studio version though. Add to that the fact I dont like country, and country rock is just trying to tease me. It is an easy pick for me tonight. Unfortunately I will have to send Deja home tonight

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - nothing - 10-06-2023

I'm afraid I'm with my fellow judges on this one. I enjoyed all the songs, but DejaBoos felt like it wasn't quite on the nose of the genre.

Sorry @DejaBoo

[Image: look-stare.gif]

Going home tonight is @DejaBoo  thank you for playing. Please join the losers lounge and continue to submit songs if you wish.

To play us you tonight is  HARDY - Give Heaven Some Hell

The winning song this round with 12 votes and earning an extra vote was @aaronjennings  Godsmack - When Legends Rise

Sorry to lose you @DejaBoo, just wasn't your round, but I hope you continue to participate from the Loser's Lounge

The theme for round 4 is 2023

Any song released this year as a single or on an album

Please have your nominations in by Monday morning

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 10-06-2023

Sorry to see you go Deja. You had my favourite song of the round, if it's any consolation Smile

Unlucky @DejaBoo, here's a leaving present, it's a (Nu) Metal Stetson 😋

[Image: vintage-cast-metal-cowboy-hats-Texas-far...2765-3.jpg]

(10-06-2023, 09:13 PM)Kol Wrote: I actually think EN had the song of the round here, I think he missed a trick not picking the studio version though
Thanks Smile

I actually agree that the studio version is better, but for some reason I decided to try and stick to the original brief and pick live versions. I will give up on that at some point!

(10-06-2023, 09:24 PM)Kol Wrote: The theme for round 4 is 2023

I am both looking forward to and dreading this round... Looking forward to it because I'm always excited to hear interesting new music... But dreading it because I fear people will go for obvious dross from the charts or crap that gets constant radio play...

Would it be too much to ask that people avoid the usual suspects like ShithEd Sheeran and the like?

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Jluv - 10-06-2023

@DejaBoo I really liked your song too.
@aaronjennings delighted yours topped. Loved the song and the video..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 10-06-2023

Ah sugar I didn't realise there was an elimination tonight.

Sorry to see you go @DejaBoo  Heart
I'll admit, I totally wrote off your song just because I felt it didn't meet the brief. I got so excited listening to the others so when it came to yours, I just couldn't focus 9n it fully, sorry.

& in all honesty, I felt I should have been in the bottom this time. I really do love the song I submitted, but I felt it fell short in the round compared to the others.
My fault for overthinking things 🙃 

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick omg, that Sold Out by Hardy song is a fantastic find! 

Had Deja submitted that, I would have been rooting for her to win the round. 
It's such a unique take on the genre, & not something I ever thought existed in a "country song".

Never thought I could be converted to country music but I've now a very small collection of songs discovered from the games here. I'm adding Sold Out to that playlist 👌

I'll second what Rachel said & hope Deja continues to submit songs. There's always a place for your taste in music in the games   Heart

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 10-06-2023

Hard(Y) Luck @DejaBoo

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 10-06-2023

Love the genre selection btw.

2023 song submitted. 

I came across my song last night when listening to music. It had only been released a few hours before. 

I will say though, the guy in the video is the stiffest person EVER. It was weird at first but the more times I watched it, I found it funny. All I can think is, he looks very young & maybe just needs time to learn how to jam to his own tune lol. 

Really liked the song so here we are

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 11-06-2023

(10-06-2023, 09:35 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 09:24 PM)Kol Wrote: The theme for round 4 is 2023

I am both looking forward to and dreading this round... Looking forward to it because I'm always excited to hear interesting new music... But dreading it because I fear people will go for obvious dross from the charts or crap that gets constant radio play...

Would it be too much to ask that people avoid the usual suspects like ShithEd Sheeran and the like?

I confirm I have not entered Ed Sheeran  Wink I think my track is sort of maybe unknown but I like it, melancholy pop soft rock I think, @Sephiroth_Dude can let me know if that is even a category genre  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 11-06-2023

Entry in

No one will be surprised to see what I've entered 🤣
Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you hear though

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 11-06-2023

I naturally went with an album track, not something released as a single.
It's from one of the 3-4 recent releases that I have been listening to a lot!!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 12-06-2023

Just @Jluv to nominate

Nice selection this round, can't say I know any of them

Round 4

[Image: new-year-2023-modern-design-style-3d-typ...ee-png.png]

Voting closes tomorrow at 8pm

@aaronjennings  Lily-Rose Depp - World Class Sinner / I’m A Freak

@ShaneU  Dua Lipa - Dance the Night

@jp liz v1  Daire Heffernan - Harry

@Spears  Ryan Perdz - Cold

@Jluv  Moncrieff - Perfect

@Sephiroth_Dude  Metallica - If Darkness Had a Son

@E.N.  Enter Shikari - It Hurts

From the Losers Lounge

@Irish Aris  Jessie Ware - Beautiful People

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 12-06-2023

It's so hard to pick when you're comparing different genres, because you're not comparing like-for-like

But I thought Jluv and Liz had the two best songs today, with Shane just missing the cut-off for how many votes to hand out

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 12-06-2023

A strong round, the music from The Idol is good but the show is not great and I really like Monicreff

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 12-06-2023

Pretty decent round overall, nice selections people.

Only one song that wasn't for me, have heard a few songs from the artist at this stage, seems to get a lot of radio play and promotion this side of the pond, but I really just don't understand the appeal of Moncrieff...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 01:22 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: the music from The Idol is good but the show is not great

Exactly how I feel about most musical shows and movies, tbf Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 12-06-2023

@Spears with the song of the round for me
@Sephiroth_Dude also getting a vote (if I'm hypercritical, it felt a bit Metallica-by-numbers)
@jp liz v1 gets in ahead of the line too

The rest just confirm that I'm not the audience for modern pop music

...though looking at the scores, voting for Spears and Sephi is not the tactical thing to do 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 01:31 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Pretty decent round overall, nice selections people.

Only one song that wasn't for me, have heard a few songs from the artist at this stage, seems to get a lot of radio play and promotion this side of the pond, but I really just don't understand the appeal of Moncrieff...

He is Irish and similar to Dermot Kennedy and Cian Ducrot, I do like him and that style genre

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 05:33 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 01:31 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Pretty decent round overall, nice selections people.

He is Irish and similar to Dermot Kennedy and Cian Ducrot, I do like him and that style genre
The "whiny lovesick dope" genre?