A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 20-06-2023

Sounds from the Lounge

@Jluv  Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, P!nk - Lady Marmalade

@jp liz v1  Ben Platt - You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 20-06-2023

I see I'm the only one who went for the live musical theatre interpretation Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 20-06-2023

That Miley Cyrus song is genuinely one of my favourites, I can't not vote for it, great choice

Liz definitely had my favourite of the LL songs, never been a big fan of Lady Marmalade

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Jluv - 20-06-2023

@aaronjennings that's a classic though..I loved it.
@ShaneU. Never watched Hannah Montana but I liked that song.
Sorry @Spears. Couldn't give you a vote this time. It didn't catch me.
@jp liz v1 . Another learning day for me. Haven't heard of Dear Even Hansen. But will be looking it up based on your entry..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Necro - 20-06-2023

No Hamilton? Boo-urns!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 20-06-2023

For @ShaneU 

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 20-06-2023

(20-06-2023, 04:33 PM)Kol Wrote:
(20-06-2023, 01:13 PM)Spears Wrote: Funny enough, I'm slightly disappointed there was no Country round in the game at all

Someone was going to but then decided not as they noticed it is in every game. I'm glad I let you guys choose the categories, I would have had the usual 90s, 80s, rock and pop shtick and probably revisited the Rod Stewart round.

Credit to whoever suggested the players choose this time.
I know some of the rounds took a few digs (all in fun) but 9verall it was really interesting to see the genres chosen. They were all categories new the game & it made it more enjoyable.

I was expecting some of the usual categories & was surprised at what came up

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 20-06-2023

I enjoyed my sonhg the most so I'm only giving myself a tap on the back thus time  Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 20-06-2023

(20-06-2023, 07:15 PM)Spears Wrote:
(20-06-2023, 04:33 PM)Kol Wrote: Someone was going to but then decided not as they noticed it is in every game. I'm glad I let you guys choose the categories, I would have had the usual 90s, 80s, rock and pop shtick and probably revisited the Rod Stewart round.

Credit to whoever suggested the players choose this time.
I know some of the rounds took a few digs (all in fun) but 9verall it was really interesting to see the genres chosen. They were all categories new the game & it made it more enjoyable.

I was expecting some of the usual categories & was surprised at what came up
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Necro - 20-06-2023

(20-06-2023, 04:33 PM)Kol Wrote:
(20-06-2023, 01:13 PM)Spears Wrote: Funny enough, I'm slightly disappointed there was no Country round in the game at all

Someone was going to but then decided not as they noticed it is in every game. I'm glad I let you guys choose the categories, I would have had the usual 90s, 80s, rock and pop shtick and probably revisited the Rod Stewart round.

[Image: what-is.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 20-06-2023

Tried listening to some songs from new musicals like Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen that seem to be popular. Nope. They all song so fake, manufactured and over-produced to me. Musicals not my thing.

I did find this that I thought was pretty good

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 20-06-2023

Very busy the last couple of days at work and missed the action.
One vote only today for Miley Cyrus, because I like her. Not a big fan of any of the remaining songs in general.
And for what it's worth, this is what I would have submitted in the LL

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 21-06-2023

Going to move the final to Saturday as I wont have time on Friday. Finalists can have a little longer to decide their nominations, please pm them to me by Friday morning. Those in the lounge are also welcome to nominate, some have already, I will post them all

So currently Shane and Spears will be facing the music and considering the extra vote count Aaron (4) , Shane (1) , Spears (1), thats not likely to change. Of course, the extra votes have to be used, lets see what happens. Audience voting closes at 8pm

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 21-06-2023

Yeah, I'm not going to go for any rogue, self-sabotaging mind games, I'll just give myself all my extra votes please @Kol   Smile

Congrats @aaronjennings  you are our first finalist.

@ShaneU  and @Spears

[Image: Time-To-Face-The-Music.jpg]

For the final time this series, its over to the judges

@RSOAPS @nothing @Kol please tell us who you want to send to the final and your reason why

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 21-06-2023

I found both the bottom two songs disappointing and depressingly bland considering how many amazing musicals there are to choose from, and it's hard for me determining who I should vote through off the back of that round.

There was very little in it really, but I'd probably give @ShaneU the slightest of edges between those two songs, so my vote is to send @Spears home tonight

I never heard Spears song before, I liked it, not amazing though. Shanes song was good also though it really just sounded like a poppy power ballad. I think Spears catured the theme better. I'm going to send @Spears to the final

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - nothing - 21-06-2023

I totally disagree, I would have sent @ShaneU home.

[Image: seriously-for-real.gif]

Going home tonight is our former champion @ShaneU well done for getting this far and thanks for playing. Hope you stick around for the final

To play us out is Miley Cyrus

Congrats to @aaronjennings and @Spears for reaching the final

Thats all for tonight, see you on Saturday 8pm

And I've just realised I got myself totally confused

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:08 PM)nothing Wrote: And I've just realised I got myself totally confused
Would yu like to change your vote?

(21-06-2023, 09:12 PM)Spears Wrote:
(21-06-2023, 09:08 PM)nothing Wrote: And I've just realised I got myself totally confused
Would yu like to change your vote?

No, I just thought we were booting out, not putting through. Same result lol

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 21-06-2023

Commiserations Shane, I was sure you were a lock for the final from about a week ago. Very unlucky

@Spears...

[Image: roman-reigns-face-off-staredown-w1xvgcm7sr0z1lke.webp]

Shame to see you go @ShaneU - thought you played one of the strongest games so would've liked to see you take on the final, but my fellow judges disagreed...

Is that my judging duties over then @Kol ?

@RSOAPS yes, however please vote in the final, same @nothing if we have a tie, judges votes will decide

Thank you both also

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 21-06-2023

I knew the musical round would be the death of me Sad

(21-06-2023, 09:15 PM)nothing Wrote:
(21-06-2023, 09:12 PM)Spears Wrote: Would yu like to change your vote?

No, I just thought we were booting out, not putting through. Same result lol

Ah ok, cool.

Also didn't expect to get through so hadn't even started on looking up songs yet

(21-06-2023, 09:19 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Commiserations Shane, I was sure you were a lock for the final from about a week ago. Very unlucky

@Spears...

Mmm, I'd be more than happy to get in a ring and be man handled by a sweaty Roman Reigns  Tongue

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Jluv - 21-06-2023

Hard luck @ShaneU ! Well played getting so far..

(21-06-2023, 09:29 PM)Kol Wrote: @RSOAPS  yes, however please vote in the final, same @nothing  if we have a tie, judges votes will decide

Thank you both also

Ah yeah, I will vote definitely, just wanted to check I didn't need to be around at specific times to make difficult decisions anymore... Tongue

Would  'Cheesy' be classed as something sillly fun like Aqua Barbie Girl, or something uncool but brilliant like Savage \garden Truly Madly Deeply?  Or both?

I'm tired and probbaly thinking too much into it  Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:41 PM)Spears Wrote:
(21-06-2023, 09:19 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Commiserations Shane, I was sure you were a lock for the final from about a week ago. Very unlucky

@Spears...

Mmm, I'd be more than happy to get in a ring and be man handled by a sweaty Roman Reigns  Tongue

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

I acknowledge him too  Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 10:20 PM)Spears Wrote: Would  'Cheesy' be classed as something sillly fun like Aqua Barbie Girl, or something uncool but brilliant like Savage \garden Truly Madly Deeply?  Or both?

That's why I dislike categories like this.
I just stuck in a song that I wouldn't be able to easy fit in elsewhere. 

And Savage Garden are not uncool, that album was great pop.

(21-06-2023, 10:39 PM)Irish Aris Wrote:
(21-06-2023, 10:20 PM)Spears Wrote: Would  'Cheesy' be classed as something sillly fun like Aqua Barbie Girl, or something uncool but brilliant like Savage \garden Truly Madly Deeply?  Or both?

That's why I dislike categories like this.
I just stuck in a song that I wouldn't be able to easy fit in elsewhere. 

And Savage Garden are not uncool, that album was great pop.

Oh i unasamedly love Savage Garden (& even Darrens solo 'Insatiable' Tongue ) but I know a lot of people would consider them a cheesy band.

Ive sent a song through anyway.
Not sure what is expect of 'cheesy' though. I think some would consider them cheesy even though I loved them

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:32 PM)ShaneU Wrote: I knew the musical round would be the death of me Sad

Just let it go and welcome to the Legends Lounge @ShaneU  and  @E.N.

[Image: x1080]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 22-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:32 PM)ShaneU Wrote: I knew the musical round would be the death of me Sad
The worse the category you get knocked out on, the less meaningful the defeat is. I'm sticking to that Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 22-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 09:08 PM)Kol Wrote: Congrats to @aaronjennings  and @Spears  for reaching the final

I'm off on holiday on Saturday so it's unlikely I'll get a chance to listen and vote in the final. So I just thought I'd say good luck to both Aaron and Spears, may the best music connoisseur win!

Thanks for running again Kol, professional as always Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 22-06-2023

(22-06-2023, 02:28 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(21-06-2023, 09:08 PM)Kol Wrote: Congrats to @aaronjennings  and @Spears  for reaching the final

I'm off on holiday on Saturday so it's unlikely I'll get a chance to listen and vote in the final. So I just thought I'd say good luck to both Aaron and Spears, may the best music connoisseur win!

Thanks for running again Kol, professional as always Smile

Enjoy @E.N. and listen to plenty Ryan Tedder by the pool