A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 01-06-2023

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=25850203]

Welcome to The Fog Factor Series 4

9 Contestants will battle it out over the next few weeks to see which of you has the fog factor. Along the way we will all be voting for our favourites, though ultimately, our 3 person judging panel will have the final say on who goes home each week.

Sit back and enjoy the show!

Each round of songs (week) will be themed.
I will post the songs and everyone is eligible to vote (thank) the songs you like. Yes, you can thank multiple songs. Judges, contestants, and viewers can vote
Votes will be counted when the voting closes and the 2 lowest players will FACE THE MUSIC.
Week 1 will be the freestyle theme, no one will leave this week though your votes will count towards ties in later weeks.
From week 2, our 3 judges will vote who they want to send home (each judge will post separately and give a reason if they like.) 
When we get to the final 2 players, I will explain how the final will work.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 01-06-2023

Let's meet the players

@Jluv
@Irish Aris
@aaronjennings
@Sephiroth_Dude
@jp liz v1
@E.N.
@Spears
@ShaneU
@DejaBoo

... and of course the judges

@nothing
@Necro
@Kol

[Image: YQK7CR8.jpg]

Week 1 is Freestyle

[Image: 709fccdda4fae08f7dbbf110f8084b22.jpg]

@Jluv  Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning

@Irish Aris  Jessie Buckley & Bernard Butler - Babylon Days

@aaronjennings Grant Gustin - Runnin' Home to You

@Sephiroth_Dude  ANIMALS AS LEADERS - Physical Education

@jp liz v1  Niall Horan, Maren Morris - Seeing Blind

@E.N.  MELTS - Maelstrom

@Spears  Within Temptation - Wireless

@ShaneU  HAIM - Summer Girl

@DejaBoo  Melissa Ethridge - I Need To Wake Up

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 01-06-2023

When's the voting deadline for this round @Kol ?

Mini-EN's 5th birthday today, probably won't get a chance to listen until tomorrow

(01-06-2023, 01:23 PM)E.N. Wrote: When's the voting deadline for this round @Kol ?

Mini-EN's 5th birthday today, probably won't get a chance to listen until tomorrow

This game could be a bit all over the place, tomorrow evening at 8pm I will count the votes. I will also reveal the theme for round 2 and give everyone the weekend to get me their nomination in. I will post round 2 Monday morning (if everyone has their noms in) and run that till Monday evening, hopefully our judges are around and we will take it from their.

The timing for this game will reply on how long it will take folk to get noms in and I know it won't be always possible for everyone to be on time so lets see how it goes.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 01-06-2023

Hello Beautiful Judges

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 01-06-2023

Woohoo, we're off!!!  Cool

My favourite of this round (apart from my own of course) was @DejaBoo's song. I don't normally listen to songs like that but I really liked her voice. 

@jp liz v1's song was another pleasant one. Niall's looking very cool & confident on stage. Fair play to him.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 01-06-2023

My own (fabulous) song was only released 20hours at the time of me submitting it.  

The video, in case you can't tell, has been made by AI aswel which seems to be a new trend. 

(Just in case anyone wants to give me any brownie points for those points  Tongue )

& if anyone is interested in that AI stuff (it doesn't mean much to me), here's another new one from Disturbed doing the same https://youtu.be/fpUpVznI4Yc

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - nothing - 01-06-2023

[Image: serious-sad.gif]

I am unimpressed except with @aaronjennings

Buck up, laddos for round 2!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 02-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 09:53 PM)nothing Wrote: [Image: serious-sad.gif]

I am unimpressed except with @aaronjennings

Buck up, laddos for round 2!
Just wait until I unleash this "smells like teen spirit" song all the kids are listening to

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 02-06-2023

I won't say which, but one of these songs would have fit perfectly wthin the category I nominated, shame to lose it in the Freestyle round

@Jluv had the best song of the round for me, would have started singing it at the top of my lungs if I was the only person home at the moment Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 02-06-2023

I'm very excited the see the upcoming categories chosen this time by the players themselves.

If anyone else was thinking along the same line as me, then i"m expecting chaos  Big Grin

There's one player that I think I will struggle with the category that I imagine they will choose. I'm happy though for the challenge, & if I'm right, I think it will be a very interesting round   Cool

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 02-06-2023

Congrats @Spears  for topping round 1

Spears7
Deja6
EN5
Liz5
Seph5
Aaron4
Aris4
Jluv4
Shane4

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 02-06-2023

Theme for round 2 is Progressive rock

Please have your nomination in by Monday morning

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Jluv - 02-06-2023

Well...my first challenge is to figure out what progressive rock is..🤣
Thank God I have the weekend!!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 02-06-2023

On one hand, its a shame I'm not playing because I'm currently listening to the perfect Prog Rock track...

On the other hand, the only people who are likely to appreciate it are E.N. and Seph (also maybe Aris, and possibly Shane if its like a full moon or something) so I'm glad I'm not playing because something something (insert some idiom about deaf ears here)...

Hoping to play along as much as possible as a viewer, it will be intetesting seeing if I get as angry and incensed without a horse of my own in the race... So far, its as irritating as always based on how some songs performed over others, but being slightly more detached from proceedings my rage is certainly lessened... Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 02-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 10:35 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: On one hand, its a shame I'm not playing because I'm currently listening to the perfect Prog Rock track...

On the other hand, the only people who are likely to appreciate it are E.N. and Seph (also maybe Aris, and possibly Shane if its like a full moon or something) so I'm glad I'm not playing because something something (insert some idiom about deaf ears here)...

Hoping to play along as much as possible as a viewer, it will be intetesting seeing if I get as angry and incensed without a horse of my own in the race... So far, its as irritating as always based on how some songs performed over others, but being slightly more detached from proceedings my rage is certainly lessened... Tongue

It is not the same without you popping in with an opinion, good or bad so please do  Wink  @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 02-06-2023

Ooh good category choice!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 02-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 10:35 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: On one hand, its a shame I'm not playing because I'm currently listening to the perfect Prog Rock track...

I'm curious your track so after the round reveal @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick you might please let us know

Since there's been a request for my outsider opinion, some thoughts on the Freestyle Round...

Overall I thought it was pretty good, there was nothing truly awful, although I think most people played it very safe - with a Freestlye choice, my preference would be to see everyone go for something obscure or unknown and champion something they know the usual suspects around here won't throw a vote on - to that end I think @Sephiroth_Dude really nailed the brief (granted I made that brief up based on hope and I actually have no say here, so realistically I can't say anyone missed the brief), but Seph had the head and shoulders standout for me, should've won the round and it irked me that it didn't

Given its the opening ceremonies, I'll give some brief comments on all entrants, to hopefully give some indication as to what the audiende (aka. me) would like to see this season and maybe entice some people to make bolder and riskier and more interesting choices in future rounds...  Wink

@Spears did win the round and it was my second favourite of the lot I think, the fact that you went for their new single and something freshly released over a song that everyone might know is commendable, so due kudos given

@ShaneU you submitted a song from one of my favourite artists, so kudos there too. If I wasn't as familiar with it as I am, it might've been up there with Seph's choice... I've always loved the inclusion of Brass in Summer Girl... More songs generally, should have more brass instruments

Can take or leave Melts if I'm being honest, but I liked your approach to the round @E.N. and going for something local

Interesting track from @Irish Aris, one of the few that was new to me. Enjoyed it, didn't blow me away or anything, but a solid choice nonetheless

@aaronjennings I'm very familiar with the song, possibly too familiar, I overplayed it for about a year after that episode of The Flash went out, to the point the law of diminishing returns kicked in, but I do like it

Nice choices from @Jluv and @DejaBoo although Juice Newton and Melissa Etheridge are probably just that little bit to well known for me to appreciate their inclusion in a Freestyle category (but as I already mentioned that's only based on what my interpretation of what I consider a Freestyle round should be), so just personal preference might have liked some riskier choices there, but good songs

@jp liz v1 ugh... Yeah, its a fine song I suppose, but literally "fine" is the best I could say about it. I like Maren Morris, but seeing Niall Horan get votes here was the thing that irritated me most in this round, I just find him very bland as a performer... Not bad, but bland, very very bland... Ironic that you were the one wishing for my feedback and that your selection was the one that properly bothered me...

(02-06-2023, 11:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I'm curious your track so after the round reveal @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick you might please let us know

Sure, if you like. Remind me to do that after the fact.

Was thinking what I might have submitted for this round, and I'd probably try to go for someone local (by local I mean anywhere in Ireland) and I stumbled upon T.A. Narrative recently enough (from Limerick if I'm not mistaken), and been loving this song in particular, so reckon I would've given them the nod for the Freestyle selection...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 03-06-2023

[Image: niall-horan-memes-niall-horan.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - ShaneU - 03-06-2023

Sent my song in @Kol

Considered submitting a song everyone would probably like but nope you're getting insanity instead

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 12:14 AM)ShaneU Wrote: Considered submitting a song everyone would probably like but nope you're getting insanity instead

Similar to you, I was considering a well known song that I like but I wanted to find something new or even an old song that was new to me.

I'm kinda struggling though, because there isn't much that is standing out to me so far.
Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong corners.

I do have one I really like & keep going back to but it's kinda loooong...
It's very unlike me to be able to focus on a longer song but I like it & have it there as a backup.

Good choice from whoever chose it. It's been interesting looking up the genre.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Spears - 03-06-2023

Also just want to mention there were no songs submitted thst I didn't like. I just voted for songs that I might be likely to listen to again

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 03-06-2023

*rubs hands together with glee*

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - E.N. - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 11:22 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: *rubs hands together with glee*

*rolls eyes with despair* 🤣

Not my genre. I can only think of two bands that would qualify (apart from the obvious, obviously) so I checked a few live performances and picked from those. Luckily they're absolutely awesome

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 02:26 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 11:22 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: *rubs hands together with glee*

*rolls eyes with despair* 🤣

Not my genre. I can only think of two bands that would qualify (apart from the obvious, obviously) so I checked a few live performances and picked from those. Luckily they're absolutely awesome

I'm with you E.N., I don't like prog rock at all.
Don't have time to investigate properly so y'all will get basic old school prog rock.
Kol, I'll send you mine tomorrow.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 04-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 10:03 PM)Jluv Wrote: Well...my first challenge is to figure out what progressive rock is..🤣
Thank God I have the weekend!!

So a stupid question here from a dopey music rock novice is it just guitar riffs the difference between rock and progressive rock  Huh  or is more about the decade   @Kol

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - Kol - 04-06-2023

Not really sure @jp liz v1 not my genre at all. I believe it originated in the 60s and peaked in the 70s though I think a lot of mainstream rock bands since have been influenced by it and you could get away with nominating anything really (Rachel might come down hard on you though)
I think it is more about instrument solos and harmonies and weird vocals, basically like an arthouse movie

@Spears and @DejaBoo just waiting on you 2 for nominations, let me know if you are stuck

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 4 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 05:56 PM)Kol Wrote: Not really sure @jp liz v1  not my genre at all. I believe it originated in the 60s and peaked in the 70s though I think a lot of mainstream rock bands since have been influenced by it and you could get away with nominating anything really (Rachel might come down hard on you though)
I think it is more about instrument solos and harmonies and weird vocals, basically like an arthouse movie

Nah, no one really knows what Prog Rock is, that'a the beauty of Prog Rock... Genre defining of any kind in general is mostly interperative as the lines are usually pretty blurry... Music is art, so if the listener claims what they're hearing is Prog Rock, then that checks out for me... If its a Genre Buster you're looking for, that's not really my thing...

Now someone submitting a song from 1979 as part of a 1980s category, that sort of thing would really grind my gears. As would claiming something inherently mainstream and widely well known as underrated or a hidden gem really raise my hackles and cause me to spew irately on the shambles of such an entry being included.  Big Grin