A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game (/showthread.php?tid=453)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 06-03-2023

Starting soon, more details to follow.

Taking signups now

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Wichita Lineman - 06-03-2023

I'll play.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - nothing - 06-03-2023

Count me in

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - lorcand1990 - 06-03-2023

I'll give this a bash!

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - jp liz v1 - 06-03-2023

I'm intrigued and in

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - E.N. - 06-03-2023

[Image: 7dfs8z.gif]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - ShaneU - 06-03-2023

In of course

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 02:19 PM)ShaneU Wrote: In of course

Game over folks!

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - osh - 06-03-2023

I'll play too

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - aaronjennings - 06-03-2023

In Smile

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Declan A Walsh - 06-03-2023

I don't like saying that I am in before I know what it is.  Confused

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 10:27 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I don't like saying that I am in before I know what it is.  Confused

Despite the sci fi look of the image in the op, this will be a quiz game a little similar to the quiz show pointless. However I wont be surveying 100 people to get our pointless answers

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Declan A Walsh - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 10:32 PM)Kol Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 10:27 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I don't like saying that I am in before I know what it is.  Confused

Despite the sci fi look of the image in the op, this will be a quiz game a little similar to the quiz show pointless. However I wont be surveying 100 people to get our pointless answers

If this is one that requires you to submit answers during the course of each day, I could not commit myself to it unfortunately.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - nothing - 06-03-2023

Will we be playing in pairs??

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Leg End Reject - 06-03-2023

[Image: colour-me-curious-catherine-ohara.gif]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 07-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote:
(06-03-2023, 10:32 PM)Kol Wrote: Despite the sci fi look of the image in the op, this will be a quiz game a little similar to the quiz show pointless. However I wont be surveying 100 people to get our pointless answers

If this is one that requires you to submit answers during the course of each day, I could not commit myself to it unfortunately.

Yeah you will need to answer questions, not very many though, maybe a couple and maybe not every day. I haven't decided on the exact format yet but I don't expect it to be very time consuming compared to some of my other games.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 07-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 10:44 PM)nothing Wrote: Will we be playing in pairs??

It would work good with pairs though I did try teams in other games before and I think the general consensus here is that folk prefer playing alone

I will put it out there though, is there anyone who would not play as a pair but would play alone, or indeed vice versa?

You then have to factor in a communication channel, if everyone had discord for example it would be fine. PMs here of course would be fine also.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Necro - 07-03-2023

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Wichita Lineman - 07-03-2023

[Image: APR161040.jpg] Tongue

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - E.N. - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 08:23 AM)Kol Wrote: ...anyone who would not play as a pair but would play alone, or indeed vice versa?
[Image: BlackSpitefulAnhinga-size_restricted.gif]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Jluv - 08-03-2023

I'll play!

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 09-03-2023

So we have potentially 12 players so far, which would be a perfect number. I'm not sure if @Declan A Walsh  is in or out?

Still open for signups if anyone else is interested

Wichi
nothing
Lorcand
Liz
EN
Shane
Osh
Aaron
Declan ?
Leggy
Necro
Jluv

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Declan A Walsh - 09-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 08:29 AM)Kol Wrote: So we have potentially 12 players so far, which would be a perfect number. I'm not sure if @Declan A Walsh  is in or out?

Still open for signups if anyone else is interested

Wichi
nothing
Lorcand
Liz
EN
Shane
Osh
Aaron
Declan ?
Leggy
Necro
Jluv
Thanks @Kol . I think I will give this one a miss - can't do them all! I will dip in and out as a spectator.  Smile

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Neowise - 09-03-2023

whats the schedule? if its all over by monday, i'll take you back to 12.

(09-03-2023, 12:07 PM)Neowise Wrote: whats the schedule? if its all over by monday, i'll take you back to 12.

I was planning on starting Monday, will probably run for a few days at least.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Irish Aris - 09-03-2023

I can play Kol if you only need us to answer questions once per day.

Do I understand correctly that we are looking for correct answers that would score low? Almost like peehs style? (apologies, not very familiar with Pointless)

(09-03-2023, 04:53 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: I can play Kol if you only need us to answer questions once per day.

Do I understand correctly that we are looking for correct answers that would score low? Almost like peehs style? (apologies, not very familiar with Pointless)

Yes you will only have to answer once per day, possibly 2 questions and you will get probably all day to get your answer in.

I haven't the format finalised yet but it won't be like peehs at all. What others answer wont affect your answer or score

The scoring will be similar to pointless in that the lower you score that better and there will be pointless answers but they will be based on fact or accepted fact rather than polled answers.

Let me explain better with an example question.

Name 2 top 15 countries in the world by largest area.

How the scoring would work here. 
You give 2 answers, your scores are added to give you the total score for this question
If you answer the country in 1st place, ie, the largest country, you score 10 points. 
If you answer the 2nd largest country you score 9 points....10 th largest country, 1 point.
If you answer any country in places 11th - 15th, they are pointless answer, 0 points.
If you answer any country 16th or higher, it counts as a wrong answer and you score 10 points.

Each round will consist of 2 questions, so basically you give 4 answers per round, which will probably be 1 round per day and it will be knock out rounds if we have the correct numbers

The player who wins the final round will then play to win the game, it will be different type of questions and answers in the final which I will explain better at the time.

Might sound complicated now but I think will make more sense when we get started

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - nothing - 09-03-2023

Sounds good - perhaps consider 11 points for an "incorrect"? Just so that a wrong answer and the highest scored right answer are weighed a little differently (just that I have never seen an answer of pointless be correct and score 100)

Feel free to ignore my suggestion

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - E.N. - 09-03-2023

Clever, like it Kol

I agree with nothing though, I'd make the score for a wrong answer more punitive than the worst-correct answer

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 10-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 08:50 PM)nothing Wrote: Sounds good - perhaps consider 11 points for an "incorrect"? Just so that a wrong answer and the highest scored right answer are weighed a little differently (just that I have never seen an answer of pointless be correct and score 100)

Feel free to ignore my suggestion

(09-03-2023, 08:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: Clever, like it Kol

I agree with nothing though, I'd make the score for a wrong answer more punitive than the worst-correct answer

Thanks both for the feedback. I thought also of making the wrong answer score higher and it does makes sense. I wonder is an unlucky 13 points too high? I want to give folk the incentive to be risky so don't want to make it too high.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 10-03-2023

@Neowise are you in if we run it for a few days next week?

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Irish Aris - 10-03-2023

Sounds good Kol, thank you for the detailed explanation 🙂

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Neowise - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 07:41 AM)Kol Wrote: @Neowise  are you in if we run it for a few days next week?
Unfortunately not. Will catchup up on thread if i can come up for air at some stage.

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - davetherave - 11-03-2023

Happy to be number 12 if you need to make up an even number

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - BuileBeag - 11-03-2023

I'll play if it doesn't mess up the numbers

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 12-03-2023

So we are at 14 now, we can work with that though 16 would be even better, anymore interest?

Either way I hope to get started tomorrow. As it stands there would be 2 matches with 3 players and 2 with 4 players with 2 players from each matched going to the next round. Seems unfair but what can you do! Everyone will be in the same boat for the first round draw so it's down to luck also.

I would stress though that everyone can get their answers in by tomorrow evening if we start tomorrow, is there anyone who has other things on tomorrow/next week? I'm open to postponing also.

Wichi
nothing
Lorcand
Liz
EN
Shane
Osh
Aaron
Leggy
Necro
Jluv
Aris
Dave
Buile

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - E.N. - 13-03-2023

I'm ready (for this, and Paddy's Day)

[Image: squatting-michael-peterson.gif]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 13-03-2023

Welcome to FOGLESS - A pointless game

Calling all players, round 1 starts today

@BuileBeag @davetherave @Irish Aris @osh @E.N. @ShaneU @Wichita Lineman @Necro @jp liz v1 @nothing @Jluv @aaronjennings @Leg End Reject @lorcand1990

Here is the tournament bracket, 2 players will advance from each round 1 match.

Round 1 questions will be posted shortly, please PM me your answers before 8pm today.

Please do not research your answers and please refrain from researching similar questions while you are still playing the game

Good luck everyone

[Image: 5j7Kim6.png]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - E.N. - 13-03-2023

@lorcand1990 @Wichita Lineman

[Image: clint-eastwood-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.gif]

[Image: you-have-to-be-brave-sweet-tooth.gif]

RE: FOGLESS - A Pointless Game - Kol - 13-03-2023

Round 1

There are 2 questions here, please give 2 answers to each question, therefore you will PM me 4 answers in total. I will add the scores from each answer to give your question total. The total from both questions will then determine your score for the round. Remember, you're looking to score the lowest score possible.

Here is how the answers in round 1 will be scored

answer in 1st place on the list will score 12 points
answer in 2nd place in the list will score 11 points
answer in 12th place in the list will score 1 point
answers in 13th, 14th, and 15th places are pointless answers and score 0 points
answers 16th or higher are incorrect answers and will score you 15 points each