A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:07 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: ...I just imagine cringey godawful lyrics sung disturbingly softly by washed up crooners who fancy themselves as Michael Bublé ...
Big Grin  DO NOT LISTEN TO MY SELECTION TOMORROW, cos  pac pac pac   ^ yup Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:40 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:07 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: ...I just imagine cringey godawful lyrics sung disturbingly softly by washed up crooners who fancy themselves as Michael Bublé ...
Big Grin  DO NOT LISTEN TO SELECTION TOMORROW, cos  pac pac pac   ^ yup Big Grin

Now I'm intrigued to see how bad it is.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 01-02-2023

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick can you imagine Green Green Grass being on the running? 😁😁🤪🙃

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:43 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:40 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Big Grin  DO NOT LISTEN TO SELECTION TOMORROW, cos  pac pac pac   ^ yup Big Grin

Now I'm intrigued to see how bad it is.
2 words...Show Content

may not be true

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - ShaneU - 01-02-2023

Looking forward to some SLOW soppy ballads tomorrow  Tongue

(01-02-2023, 10:50 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  can you imagine Green Green Grass being on the running? 😁😁🤪🙃

[Image: 17fb3d3f-af35-4728-9733-fb234b59d787_text.gif]

(01-02-2023, 10:56 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Looking forward to some SLOW soppy ballads tomorrow  Tongue

Of course YOU would be

[Image: Animated-picture-of-rolling-eyes1.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 01-02-2023

Well Done on getting to 6000 posts @Wichita Lineman

[Image: RgIBhWu.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 09:22 PM)Kol Wrote: Tomorrow we slow it down with Love week

My reaction to slow love songs...

[Image: giphy.gif]

So I went for a fast paced one and I'm hoping I'm not the only one, don't think I could handle sitting through a load of sappy slow numbers

[Image: well-this-is.gif]

Doesn't look as if I'll be getting points off soapy tomorrow then, hahaha.....ha.... Shy

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 01-02-2023

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 11:30 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

G'wan witchy lineman ya mad thing ya  Smile

(01-02-2023, 11:25 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: My reaction to slow love songs...

So I went for a fast paced one and I'm hoping I'm not the only one, don't think I could handle sitting through a load of sappy slow numbers

[Image: well-this-is.gif]

Doesn't look as if I'll be getting points off soapy tomorrow then, hahaha.....ha.... Shy

I may end up not thanking anyone at all tomorrow by the sounds of things... Tongue

It will actually be later tomorrow when I get around to voting as I've early lectures, so it will certainly appear like I'm not awarding any points for a good portion of the day...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - E.N. - 02-02-2023

For all you musos...

Quote:Three stand-out Irish acts are set to collaborate for the first time as part of DARE TO SHARE – a specially curated show taking place next month in The Liquor Lounge in Galway (February 3) and The Blind Pig in Dublin (February 17) – presented by Hot Press, and brought to you by Paddy's Share Irish Whiskey.

Centred around HamsandwicH, Caoi de Barra and Shobsy, these two intimate events will find the renowned Irish artists sharing their personal stories in song, as part of a special one-off collaboration. As such, DARE TO SHARE is set to be an unmissable event for music fans and musicians alike.

Request complimentary tickets here

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 02-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:15 PM)Hello 2D Person Below Wrote: I think Tauriel can feel very aggrieved there, to be honest. No way was that the worst song on show.

Do the losers in the Loser Lounge get a vote tomorrow?

I agree but I'd have thrown Kol out for making us endure that absolutely awful round!! With him running the game it would be kind of awkward though.

Yes losers can vote same as non participants.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 02:43 AM)Necro Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:15 PM)Hello 2D Person Below Wrote: I think Tauriel can feel very aggrieved there, to be honest. No way was that the worst song on show.

Do the losers in the Loser Lounge get a vote tomorrow?

I agree but I'd have thrown Kol out for making us endure that absolutely awful round!! With him running the game it would be kind of awkward though.

Yes losers can vote same as non participants.

yes, i believe the participants had to follow the god awful specifications of the round. it was a disaster of a round, in the making of the maker of the round structure.

Kol, lets hope the rest of the rounds make up for this low!.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Kol - 02-02-2023

Most if you know I'm no fan off The Beatles though I think their are quite a few fans here. This I thought would be a good way of adding them to the game without really adding them. If nothing else, it has got you talking, any publicity is good publicity and all that

In my defence, surely between the 4 of them over 50 years you lot could find 15 decent songs, so blame the contestants, not me  Tongue

Anyway, the weeks are pretty general from here on out....oh dear, I forgot about week 8  Rolleyes

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 02-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 10:56 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Looking forward to some SLOW soppy ballads tomorrow  Tongue
I won't disappoint then. I was going for an upbeat off the wall love song at first but went down the more traditional route in the end.  Heart Heart Heart Big Grin

Week 4 is Love week

[Image: 101703481-love-music-logo-icon-design.jpg]

Voting closes at 8pm

@ShaneU - The Corrs - Runaway

@Butty Brennan - Leann Rimes - He Stopped Loving Her Today

@Irish Aris - Depeche Mode - Shake The Disease

@Wichita Lineman - Alison Krauss & Union Station - Baby Now That I've Found You

@Jluv - Amy Winehouse - Love Is A Losing Game

@Neowise - Tom Odell - Can't Pretend

@aaronjennings - Christina Perri - The Words

@Spears - G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I

@ari101 - Cian Ducrot - I'll Be Waiting

@DejaBoo - Corinne Bailey Rae x Jon Batiste - The Very Thought Of You

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick- Martika - I Feel The Earth Move

@Sephiroth_Dude - Whitesnake - Is This Love

Songs that didn't qualify for this round

@Hello 2D Person Below  - The Fureys and Davey Arthur - When You Were Sweet Sixteen

@Tauriel  - Lindsey Stirling ft Amy Lee - Love Goes On and On

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 02-02-2023

Of the songs I didnt know my favourite for today is
@aaronjennings - Christina Perri - The Words

and from the ones I knew already I'd pick
@ShaneU - The Corrs - Runaway

[Image: queen-crazy-little-thing-called-love.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - ShaneU - 02-02-2023

Some great picks today @aaronjennings @Wichita Lineman @DejaBoo

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 02-02-2023

ah, so many ballads. . .
Top spot today for me for @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick - the only really up tempo song and a fantastic 80s cover of a great 70s song!!

@DejaBoo with a very nice jazz number and @Wichita Lineman also with a great selection-not really my style but I got to really like Alison Krauss's voice through her collaboration with Robert Plant.
Obviously voted for the standards @Sephiroth_Dude @ShaneU - 2 fantastic songs.
And a vote for @Spears - can't really put my finger on i, but there is something appealing about this song.

Finally another special mention for @Tauriel - what a great song!!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Jluv - 02-02-2023

@aaronjennings . I hadn't heard that song before but I love it!!!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 02-02-2023

Definitely the round I was least looking forward to and expecting to hate everything, but it exceeded my expectations and quite a few more standouts than anticipated

@Irish Aris my favourite of the round, I've always really loved Depeche Mode

@Spears biggest surprise of the round, as this was new to me, but really loved it

@ShaneU can never go too wrong with a classic hit from The Corrs, I sung this one with Andrea Corr once

@ari101 have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Cian Ducrot's songs, some of them I really like and others I really can't stand, but this would fall into the former category, its a decent tune

@Neowise always been a fan of this Tom Odell song, and I knew it when it first came out, but it seems to be back in the zeitgeist at the moment having re-entered the charts and is increasingly popular with the young folk, and I have no idea where the renewed interest came from, must've been used in a Tik Tok trend of something

@Tauriel love Lindsey Stirling, love Amy Lee, its a win win

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Declan A Walsh - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 09:01 AM)Kol Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude - Whitesnake - Is This Love

Only like the album version's longer guitar solo!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 02-02-2023

I didn't want to like @ari101's song because my mother won't shut up about Cian Ducrot lately Big Grin but I will admit it was up there as my top two of the survivng songs, along with @Neowise

@Tauriel with a great song from the LL, anything thing involving Lindsey Stirling is a winner, love her work

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 03:05 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Definitely the round I was least looking forward to and expecting to hate everything, but it exceeded my expectations and quite a few more standouts than anticipated

@Spears biggest surprise of the round, as this was new to me, but really loved it

@ShaneU can never go too wrong with a classic hit from The Corrs, I sung this one with Andrea Corr once

@ari101 have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Cian Ducrot's songs, some of them I really like and others I really can't stand, but this would fall into the former category, its a decent tune

@Neowise always been a fan of this Tom Odell song, and I knew it when it first came out, but it seems to be back in the zeitgeist at the moment having re-entered the charts and is increasingly popular with the young folk, and I have no idea where the renewed interest came from, must've been used in a Tik Tok trend of something

It was used on the CW's 'The 100' TV series.

Probably were the renewed interest came from and where i first heard it.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 03:17 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 03:05 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Definitely the round I was least looking forward to and expecting to hate everything, but it exceeded my expectations and quite a few more standouts than anticipated

It was used on the CW's 'The 100' TV series.

Probably were the renewed interest came from and where i first heard it.

That was back in 2014 shortly after the song was first released. I'm a big fan of The 100 myself.

But actually, it's Another Love back in the charts at the moment, not Can't Pretend, so I got them mixed up anyway.