A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 01-02-2023

Great thanks RSOAPS now I have wonderful Christmas time stuck in my head. In feckin February!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 11:30 AM)Necro Wrote: Great thanks RSOAPS now I have wonderful Christmas time stuck in my head. In feckin February!

pac pac pac

I had considered entering it for that very reason ; to annoy the shit out of everyone

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 01-02-2023

@Sephiroth_Dude best song of the round, I’d have picked it but you got there before me.
Dunno what sort of game those others are playing, wanting to auto eliminate the best song of the round, my guess you got there before them too.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 01-02-2023

Dear God, most of these haven't aged very well - including mine I guess.

+1 for @Hello 2D Person Below - I was introduced to this song by Marianne Faithful's cover and really like it.
In competition:
@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick - the only song sounding fresh - probably because it's new!!
@ari101 - though extremely familiar, classic classic 80s!!
@Neowise - I probably have heard before but not very familiar with it and liked it

I also liked @Wichita Lineman s submission, but didn't vote for it because this is originally a Beatles song.
Not voting for Live and Let Die on principle (way too overplayed and not my era - at least I grew up with Got My Mind Set On You, so great sentimental value) and The Justice Collective because it is only a small cameo from McCartney

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - ShaneU - 01-02-2023

Aww no frog chorus? Big Grin

(01-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Neowise Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude best song of the round, I’d have picked it but you got there before me.
Dunno what sort of game those others are playing, wanting to auto eliminate the best song of the round, my guess you got there before them too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fair enough!!

Though it's a different type of competition, I treat this in Walrus terms, very interested in listening to songs that haven't heard before!!
So for example if Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah makes an appearance in the Canadian round, I will be 50-50 to vote for it, because I really like it, but. . . Hallelujah? again?
I also reckon the Disco round will be full of classics!! But I am willing to be a bit more lenient, because I will be dancing all morning!!!

(01-02-2023, 12:55 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Aww no frog chorus? Big Grin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this and why have I never heard it??

(01-02-2023, 01:05 PM)Irish Aris Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 12:55 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Aww no frog chorus? Big Grin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this and why have I never heard it??

It's from a 1984 animated movie that McCartney made called Rupert and the Frog Song

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:01 PM)Irish Aris Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 12:26 PM)Neowise Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude best song of the round, I’d have picked it but you got there before me.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fair enough!!

Though it's a different type of competition, I treat this in Walrus terms, very interested in listening to songs that haven't heard before!!
So for example if Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah makes an appearance in the Canadian round, I will be 50-50 to vote for it, because I really like it, but. . . Hallelujah? again?
I also reckon the Disco round will be full of classics!! But I am willing to be a bit more lenient, because I will be dancing all morning!!!

re live and let die, it's not wings fault that guns and roses made it so popular!

(01-02-2023, 01:22 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 01:01 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fair enough!!

re live and let die, it's not wings fault that guns and roses made it so popular!

Ah, didn't even think of that.
The Guns 'n' Roses cover wouldn't be something I would listen to a lot, there are so many great songs in the Use Your Illusion albums that I would focus instead!!
Interestingly enough in Greece it was Don't Cry that got overplayed to death!!

And on the original: I wouldn't place it in my top-5 of favourite Bond themes, so there you go Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 01-02-2023

Damn you Ari, that's what I wanted to nominate Big Grin and as a result is by far my favourite song of the round

It saddened me to not give a vote to Butty, but it just missed my cut-off for how many votes to hand out

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Hello 2D Person Below - 01-02-2023

Come on @jp liz v1 you can get a couple of inches deeper...

[Image: WFG_shutterstock_184333856_editorialbackstabbing.jpg]

(01-02-2023, 12:52 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: @ari101  - though extremely familiar, classic classic 80s!!

Classic 60's Big Grin

(01-02-2023, 05:59 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 12:52 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: @ari101  - though extremely familiar, classic classic 80s!!

Classic 60's Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]

(still. . . classic 80's  Tongue pac )

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 04:35 PM)Hello 2D Person Below Wrote: Come on @jp liz v1 you can get a couple of inches deeper...

[Image: WFG_shutterstock_184333856_editorialbackstabbing.jpg]

Your choice today was tops @Hello 2D Person Below if that eases the elimination

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Spears - 01-02-2023

Wasn't all that interested in this round tbh. End up liking a few songs so it's all good now.

Could have been so much worse though, at least it's not Rod round nobody submitted the Rihanna, Kanye & McCartney shite 😣

(01-02-2023, 07:51 PM)Spears Wrote: Could have been so much worse though, at least it's not Rod round nobody submitted the Rihanna, Kanye & McCartney shite 😣

I did consider it Big Grin but he doesn't have a singing role in that song, so would have been invalid Smile

(01-02-2023, 07:54 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I did consider it Big Grin but he doesn't have a singing role in that song, so would have been invalid Smile
I didn't even realise that.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 01-02-2023

Put the kettle on Hello Below.  Rolleyes

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Kol - 01-02-2023

The votes have been counted

@Butty Brennan  @Tauriel

[Image: Time-To-Face-The-Music.jpg]

Butty Brennan - Ringo Starr - No No Song

Tauriel  - Paul McCartney ft. Michael Jackson - Say Say Say

Over to our judges, please tell us who you would like to send home and your reason why

@Necro  @nothing  @jp liz v1

Paul McCartney is the head of Billy The Kid in that video.

This weeks most voted for song with 12 votes was

@ari101 - George Harrison - Got My Mind Set on You

Edit Apologies, Ari had the most voted for song, not Neo, live tv..hah

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - nothing - 01-02-2023

[Image: shocked-horrify.gif]

Gun to the head, I prefer @Butty Brennan entry.

Sorry @Tauriel

[Image: you-um-have-good-potential-unsure.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 01-02-2023

Sending Tauriel home today. Not a fan of either songs so I had to flip a coin.

The judges have voted to send @Tauriel  home, thank you for playing. The losers lounge awaits you

Lets hear the losing song one more time

PlayerWK1WK2WK3
Ari9512
Neo5611
Shane6117
Deja887
Rsoapy7116
Seph896
Jluv486
Spears776
Wichi1295
aaron975
Aris775
Butty753
Tauriel662
2D53

Tomorrow we slow it down with Love week

Thanks and see you all then

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 01-02-2023

Sorry I'm late but I'd save @Butty Brennan and send @Tauriel  home, I think too much Macca  Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 01-02-2023

Sorry Tauriel. I was sure I was going out tonight, I thought I would be history yesterday when I saw how poorly recieved HBs hip hop choice was in the first round.

Unlucky Tauriel, I liked your first two songs, and expect most of your others will be similar Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 12:52 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Not voting for Live and Let Die on principle (way too overplayed and not my era - at least I grew up with Got My Mind Set On You, so great sentimental value) and The Justice Collective because it is only a small cameo from McCartney

[Image: squints-fry.gif]

(01-02-2023, 09:22 PM)Kol Wrote: Tomorrow we slow it down with Love week

My reaction to slow love songs...

So I went for a fast paced one and I'm hoping I'm not the only one, don't think I could handle sitting through a load of sappy slow numbers

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 09:22 PM)Kol Wrote: Tomorrow we slow it down with Love week

My reaction to slow love songs...

So I went for a fast paced one and I'm hoping I'm not the only one, don't think I could handle sitting through a load of sappy slow numbers

Ruh roh, this doth not bode well for me in the  other RSOAPY game. Blush Blush Blush

(01-02-2023, 09:44 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Ruh roh, this doth not bode well for me in the  other RSOAPY game. Blush Blush Blush

*quickly double-checks PM*

[Image: phew-scrubs.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - ari101 - 01-02-2023

Making up for week 2! 🥳

I was trying to pick quickly, so I decided, from the handful of post beatles songs I know, I'd stick with the one I love best, despite it's familiarity - I am glad it was enjoyed more than my also lazy choice of yesterday (there will be a few more hasty/lazy choices before we're done sorry) 😅

Never even got to vote today sorry guys, likely the same story tomorrow unfortunately.

(01-02-2023, 09:44 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: My reaction to slow love songs...

Ruh roh, this doth not bode well for me in the  other RSOAPY game. Blush Blush Blush

Not necessarily, I think my definition of Love Song is probably just wrong

When I hear something like "Love Song Round", I just imagine cringey godawful lyrics sung disturbingly softly by washed up crooners who fancy themselves as Michael Bublé or George Ezra (both of whom, most of you will know, I absolutely despise), because generally I don't mind slow songs, and so many songs have love as a theme, but when I hear the term "Love Song" I automatically want to puke, and I just have it in my mind that they're all going to be the worst possible

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 01-02-2023

I think Tauriel can feel very aggrieved there, to be honest. No way was that the worst song on show.

Do the losers in the Loser Lounge get a vote tomorrow?

I entered this song into a Walrus love song round before.
Poor man never end up doing the reveal. Think I may have traumatised him with more than one of my submissions 😬

(01-02-2023, 10:15 PM)Hello 2D Person Below Wrote: I think Tauriel can feel very aggrieved there, to be honest. No way was that the worst song on show.

Do the losers in the Loser Lounge get a vote tomorrow?
Everyone with an account can vote if thats what you mean.