A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Spears - 30-01-2023

@Jluv I absolutely love that song ❣
I was never much of a fan of Take That's earlier music but I was mesmerised by that video. Thought the lady was stunning & so mysterious. 
I was only a pup when it came out & I love it as much now as I did then

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Hello 2D Person Below - 31-01-2023

Wishing you all the best Tauriel.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Kol - 31-01-2023

Week 2 Crossover Music

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9IhCRHZOncKeJzj1Ua_B...Q&usqp=CAU]

Voting closes at 8pm

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - James Blunt ft. Ward Thomas - Halfway

@Butty Brennan - Cypress Hill and Tom Morello - Rise Up

@Neowise - Malia J - Smells Like Teen Spirit

@Jluv - IL DIVO - The Winner Takes It All

@ShaneU - Bellamy Brothers - Let your love flow

@Tauriel - Within Temptation ft. Xzibit - And We Run

@ari101 - Colt Ford - Hood

@Sephiroth_Dude - RUN DMC - Walk This Way ft. Aerosmith

@DejaBoo - The Band Perry - If I Die Young

@Wichita Lineman - Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé - Barcelona

@Spears - STATE of MINE (feat. No Resolve) - The Thunder Rolls

@Hello 2D Person Below - Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones

@aaronjennings - Avenged Sevenfold - Dear God

@Irish Aris - William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 31-01-2023

My listening will have to be done in stages, with chromeys constant buffering.

My heart goes out to you today, Tauriel.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - nothing - 31-01-2023

[Image: clapping-applause.gif]

some really excellent choices today

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 31-01-2023

Good round overall, there are one or two heavy hitters in there that I've always felt are terribly overrated, but nothing offensively bad or awful

Standouts today for me were:

@Butty Brennan had the standout of the round for me, Cypress Hill wouldn't really be my cup of tea usually, but everything worked for me on this one

@Neowise great cover of a timeless classic, really liked it

@Tauriel thought this was a great pick. Have heard Within Temptation before and always enjoyed them, but this one was new to me and thought the addition of Xzibit worked very well. (So sorry to hear about your dog, take care)

@DejaBoo have always loved this song, fan of The Band Perry in general, but If I Die Young has always blown me away whenever I listen to it

@Spears considering how much I hate Garth Brooks, its a miracle that I've always really liked this cover, but they make me forget that I can't stand the OG artist

@Hello 2D Person Below wasn't familiar with the song, but I've never disliked a Lauryn Hill song and this was no exception. Its probably beyond time I went back and did a deep dive of her discography

@aaronjennings at first I wasn't overly keen on this, but by the song's end it had completely won me over and evolved into one of the highlights of the round

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 31-01-2023

James Blunt was my favourite today.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 31-01-2023

oops, I thought we had a week to listen to and vote songs, only got around to listening to two from the last round. Don't think I'll have the time available to listen and vote daily, so will leave the rest of you with more time to do that.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 31-01-2023

If I Die Young the standout pick for me this round

👏👏👏👏👏

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 31-01-2023

Strong standards today, I really had to cull down the number of votes I handed out. Another two or three could easily have gotten the nod

Soapy's nomination was the highlight for me

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 08:43 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - Avenged Sevenfold - Dear God

@aaronjennings

[Image: 22vED4C.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 31-01-2023

[Image: south-park-package.gif]

kols, if ever you need an extra deciding factor in case of extreme tie, feel free chuck out my vote - it's not fair of me to judge a song on the brief 15 second snippet my chromey affords.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 31-01-2023

[Image: i-voted-i-voted-sticker.gif]

(31-01-2023, 07:15 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: kols, if ever you need an extra deciding factor in case of extreme tie, feel free chuck out my vote - it's not fair of me to judge  a song on the brief 15 second snippet  my chromey  affords.

Maybe it just doesn't like being called Chromey...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(31-01-2023, 07:15 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: kols, if ever you need an extra deciding factor in case of extreme tie, feel free chuck out my vote - it's not fair of me to judge  a song on the brief 15 second snippet  my chromey  affords.

As a more helpful suggestion, when was the last time you restarted your device?

Do you have a phone you can listen to them on?

(31-01-2023, 07:20 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:

As a more helpful suggestion, when was the last time you restarted your device?

lol, everytime it freezes during a vid. it refuses to  respond until it is switched off  and allowed to recuperate from the intense effort Rolleyes

The Angry blessed Angry thing  gets more rest than I do!  shock

(31-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:

Maybe it just doesn't like being called Chromey...

Well, I think Big D**k is taken by someone already, so  pac pac pac

(31-01-2023, 07:33 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 07:20 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: As a more helpful suggestion, when was the last time you restarted your device?
lol, everytime it freezes during a vid. it refuses to  respond until it is switched off  and allowed to recuperate from the intense effort Rolleyes

Are you restarting the whole device (is it a laptop?) when a video freezes or are you just restarting Chrome?

Is it just Chrome you have issues with or is everything else a major hassle as well?

(31-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Kol Wrote:

Do you have a phone you can listen to them on?
 No data services, just a basic phone and text. I have not joined the 21st century yet.

(31-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 07:33 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: lol, everytime it freezes during a vid. it refuses to  respond until it is switched off  and allowed to recuperate from the intense effort Rolleyes

Are you restarting the whole device (is it a laptop?) when a video freezes or are you just restarting Chrome?

Is it just Chrome you have issues with or is everything else a major hassle as well?
I assumed it was a Chromebook she has, which is probably a memory/hhd space issue. I'd be pulling my hair our using one of those. Unfortunately, the only cure is to throw it out the window and get a Windows laptop, or a mac if you can afford it

(31-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 07:33 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: lol, everytime it freezes during a vid. it refuses to  respond until it is switched off  and allowed to recuperate from the intense effort Rolleyes

If I am lucky it just buffers awhile, If I try to push vid time, it freezes up the whole chromebook, entirely - mouse wont move or anything. Wont even allow me to switch off, eventually the laptop shuts itself down and I just have to wait (sometimes only a few minutes, sometimes 3 hours later,  when a hard start wont kick it in gear.)

I don't understand your second question (sorry, I am not tech inclined) - Chrome is all a chromebook has to offer (literally - If I dont sign into chrome net, there is no using the laptop for anything at alll).

Vids are generally what makes it freeze, and images can take awhile to  load. But I can generally do little web stuff still. It wasn't always this way, only since they stopped updating, due to "planned obsolescence" of 2 years. I was warned  last June was it's "end date", so 7 months later and I am pushing it beyond reasonability now...

(31-01-2023, 07:48 PM)Kol Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Are you restarting the whole device (is it a laptop?) when a video freezes or are you just restarting Chrome?

I assumed it was a Chromebook she has, which is probably a memory/hhd space issue. I'd be pulling my hair our using one of those. Unfortunately, the only cure is to throw it out the window and get a Windows laptop, or a mac if you can afford it
...and a quick, forced obsolecence bites it, big time!
I definitely will, yeah!
...I do have a mac book pro that just needs a small replacement part....but lol - mac isnt into fixing their laptops, only selling new.

(31-01-2023, 07:52 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Are you restarting the whole device (is it a laptop?) when a video freezes or are you just restarting Chrome?

If I am lucky it just buffers awhile, If I try to push vid time, it freezes up the whole chromebook, entirely - mouse wont move or anything. Wont even allow me to switch off, eventually the laptop shuts itself down and I just have to wait (sometimes only a few minutes, sometimes 3 hours later,  when a hard start wont kick it in gear.)

I don't understand your second question (sorry, I am not tech inclined) - Chrome is all a chromebook has to offer (literally - If I dont sign into chrome net, there is no using the laptop for anything at alll).

Vids are generally what makes it freeze, and images can take awhile to  load. But I can generally do little web stuff still. It wasn't always this way, only since they stopped updating, due to "planned obsolescence" of 2 years. I was warned  last June was it's "end date", so 7 months later and I am pushing it beyond reasonability now...

Oh, I didn't realise you had a Chromebook... 

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 31-01-2023

(31-01-2023, 06:38 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: [Image: south-park-package.gif]

Angel Big Grin

[Image: ScJmPUm.png]