A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Jluv - 08-02-2023

Ha ha😁😁 yeah I love Sister Act but I kept thinking of a nuns choir when listening to it..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 08-02-2023

I base my picks on what I like. They would rarely be what anyone considers to be the best in any category but I’m not trying to be the best anyway. Just taking part with an open mind. Some I like, some I really dislike and most I can listen to happily.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Spears - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 06:42 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: RSOAPS logic suggests anyone who hasn't liked my entry today clearly just hates women, because that's the most likely reason such an amazing song is being disregarded by all you heathens...  Wink

I know you're just joking, but I actually didn't like it. It was a bit screechy for me and I was bored listening to it. And tbh, I didn't even ubderstand the meaning of the song because I couldn't focus  Sad super soz 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I know I've been booted out but I just want to mention, my song quality was crap. I thought it seemed more authentic to submit that live recording so as to be in 70's mode.

Here's the version I much prefare if anyone is at all interewsted  Tongue

https://youtu.be/fCcEjZQQNjo

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 08:38 PM)Spears Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 06:42 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: RSOAPS logic suggests anyone who hasn't liked my entry today clearly just hates women, because that's the most likely reason such an amazing song is being disregarded by all you heathens...  Wink

I know you're just joking, but I actually didn't like it. It was a bit screechy for me and I was bored listening to it. And tbh, I didn't even ubderstand the meaning of the song because I couldn't focus  Sad super soz 

No, we're enemies now, you can't just try and win me over with iCarly gifs...

Nah in seriousness, I was totally joking obviously, and I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally adore the harmonies in it.

Anyway, I thought most people's entries today were dull as dishwater, so it's all subjective at the end of the day.

If I get the boot tonight, I'll be content with that, I didn't think I'd make it this far into the competition considering I was going for lesser heard songs in my selections. 

My song for the '80s round tomorrow is great though (I actually only discovered it when looking for something for this game), so be sure everyone to check that out, even if I'm a goner tonight.

(08-02-2023, 08:54 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: No, we're enemies now

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Kol - 08-02-2023

Votes have been counted

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  @Wichita Lineman

[Image: Time-To-Face-The-Music.jpg]

RSOAPS  - The Roches - Hammond Song

Wichita - James Taylor - Me And My Guitar

Over to our judges

@jp liz v1 @Necro @nothing

Please tell us who you would like to send home and your reason why

Todays most voted for songs with 11 votes each were from @Sephiroth_Dude and @ShaneU

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 08:54 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: No, we're enemies now, you can't just try and win me over with iCarly gifs...

This made me laugh out loud Smile .

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Irish Aris - 08-02-2023

Oh, I missed all the action today, work was a b***h all day.
Though admittedly 70s isn't my decade.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - nothing - 08-02-2023

I preferred @Wichita Lineman to @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick, so my vote is to save wichy.

Sorry RSOAPS!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 08-02-2023

This is tough, really really tough.

I didn't like either entry today so I went back and looked at both of today's candidates other entries.

I preferred Wichys overall slightly more than RSoaps so based on that I unfortunately have to send home @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

(08-02-2023, 09:39 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Oh, I missed all the action today, work was a b***h all day.
Don't let the dung this lot picked put you off, twas a grand decade for music

Now, anyone see a judge or 3 about? We're about to go off air so work away yourselves

(08-02-2023, 09:41 PM)nothing Wrote: I preferred @Wichita Lineman to @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick, so my vote is to save wichy.

Sorry RSOAPS!

(08-02-2023, 09:42 PM)Necro Wrote: This is tough, really really tough.

I didn't like either entry today so I went back and looked at both of today's candidates other entries.

I preferred Wichys overall slightly more than RSoaps so based on that I unfortunately have to send home @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 08-02-2023

I'd save @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  if pushed as both not my cup of tea tops and too much guitar  Big Grin which is expected in a guitar song so sorry @Wichita Lineman

The judges have decided to send last seasons winner @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  home tonight. Thank you for playing.

Rsoapy "Go *BEEB* youself..."

Apologies for the foul language everyone, live tv.

Lets hear the losing song one last time

(08-02-2023, 09:50 PM)Kol Wrote: The judges have decided to send last seasons winner @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  home tonight. Thank you for playing.

Rsoapy "Go *BEEB* youself..."

Apologies for the foul language everyone, live tv.

lol, that's exactly what I'd say on a real show...  Big Grin

PlayerWK1WK2WK3WK4WK5WK6WK7WK8WK9WK10
Seph8968139851111
Shane61171276841011
Jluv48648119987
Butty75326811676
Wichi129599856105
Rsoapy71167687993
Spears7765129797
Ari951283765
Neo56118655
Deja887975
aaron97573
Aris7753
Tauriel662
2D53

Tomorrow is 80s week

Thanjs and see you all then

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 08-02-2023

out of the two, i'd be keeping james taylor, a pleasant enough song. I agree with spears re the screechiness of the roches.

Based on the tournament so far, I'm predicting a @ShaneU and @Sephiroth_Dude final two

Should that be the case, I'd love to see both go for unique offerings in their final performances, as both have proven in the past they can put on some cracking performances when they take risks, and I'd hate to see a repeat of what they both did in this round in performing Boston and Jackson 5 songs, two of the most overrated and predictable entries in the series thus far

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Neowise - 08-02-2023

should each round not be on their own merits. like if both are bad, you keep the less worst?

Or is there no guidelines for what the judging each round is on.

just asking as I don't recall it mentioned, except from your voting remarks, i think once before also.

Sorry to see you go @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(08-02-2023, 10:02 PM)Neowise Wrote:

should each round not be on their own merits. like if both are bad, you keep the less worst?

just asking as I don't recall it mentioned, except from your voting remarks, i think once before also.

I wouldn't expect any consistency from these judges... They'll be flipping coins next...  Dodgy Tongue pac

(08-02-2023, 09:43 PM)Kol Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 09:39 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Oh, I missed all the action today, work was a b***h all day.
Don't let the dung this lot picked put you off, twas a grand decade for music

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 08-02-2023

[Image: bow-james-taylor.gif]

(08-02-2023, 10:07 PM)Spears Wrote: Sorry to see you go @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

Don't act all compassionate and friendly now, we're sworn enemies now, I will never forget the hurtful words you said*

*I actually have zero recollection of what you said, am too lazy to scroll back, but am petty enough to declare us enemies none the less...  Tongue

(08-02-2023, 10:11 PM)Spears Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 09:43 PM)Kol Wrote: Don't let the dung this lot picked put you off, twas a grand decade for music

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 10:01 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Based on the tournament so far, I'm predicting a @ShaneU and @Sephiroth_Dude final two

Should that be the case, I'd love to see both go for unique offerings in their final performances, as both have proven in the past they can put on some cracking performances when they take risks, and I'd hate to see a repeat of what they both did in this round in performing Boston and Jackson 5 songs, two of the most overrated and predictable entries in the series thus far

Sometime soapy you just gotta play the game and pick the songs that you think might get them votes in  Cool .

(08-02-2023, 10:16 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Don't act all compassionate and friendly now, we're sworn enemies now, I will never forget the hurtful words you said*

*I actually have zero recollection of what you said, am too lazy to scroll back, but am petty enough to declare us enemies none the less...  Tongue

Tjat wasn't me trying to be friendly. That was me too scared to face you  Big Grin

(08-02-2023, 10:17 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 10:11 PM)Spears Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Yeah..Well...Your's included too !

(08-02-2023, 10:24 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 10:01 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Based on the tournament so far, I'm predicting a @ShaneU and @Sephiroth_Dude final two

Sometime soapy you just gotta play the game and pick the songs that you think might get them votes in  Cool .

Don't pander to the masses @Sephiroth_Dude, they won't respect you once the dust settles, and in a week's time a hollow victory in the final will be yesterday's news, but my respect and admiration for some well selected and outside the mainstream finale songs could be everlasting... And actual respect from your peers is far more valuable than anything else on offer...

Where's the Seph that champions Casiopea and goes for the weird and wonderfully unique songs nobody ever expected they wanted in their lives? That's the sort of madcap individuality that could actually win someone this game... Not Jackson feckin' 5...

(08-02-2023, 10:30 PM)Spears Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 10:16 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Don't act all compassionate and friendly now, we're sworn enemies now, I will never forget the hurtful words you said*

Tjat wasn't me trying to be friendly. That was me too scared to face you  Big Grin

(08-02-2023, 10:17 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Yeah..Well...Your's included too !

Maybe, but I can take it because I know it's awesome and don't need the validation of any of you plebs with your strong ass wrong ass opinions anyway...  Big Grin Tongue 

Now, if you don't mind...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 08-02-2023

Travesty of justice

Great song today, great picks overall

What is wrong with these judges? Big Grin

(08-02-2023, 10:36 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Where's the Seph that champions Casiopea and goes for the weird and wonderfully unique songs nobody ever expected they wanted in their lives? That's the sort of madcap individuality that could actually win someone this game... Not Jackson feckin' 5...
@Sephiroth_Dude

Do NOT take this advise!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Necro - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 10:02 PM)Neowise Wrote:

Well I thought both entries were equally as bad so I had to use something to split them.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 08-02-2023

[Image: 2E47BD1700000578-0-image-a-164_1447112573353.jpg]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 3 - Live Show - Kol - 09-02-2023

Week 11 is 80s week

[Image: 80s-music-discography-vector-vector-clip...313718.jpg]

Voting closes at 8pm

@Jluv - Alison Moyet - That Ole Devil Called Love

@Sephiroth_Dude - Philip Bailey, Phil Collins - Easy Lover