A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 10-06-2022

@lorcand1990  - Carla Bruni - The Winner Takes it All
Original Artist: ABBA

@Wichita Lineman - Angie McMahon - Knowing Me, Knowing You

Songs that didn't qualify for this round

@jp liz v1  - Sinéad O' Connor - Chiquitita

@Declan A Walsh  - Ash - Does your Mother know?

@Butty Brennan  - Zara Larsson - Lay All Your Love on Me

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 10-06-2022

My original choice of Chiquitita was better than that Sinead version (can you tell I don't like her 🤣) and it's not even in for voting 😒 but I like my alternate option, this was a harder round to be late entering for 😅😁

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 10-06-2022

Yet again @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick gets the nod from me today for the best with  Little Quirks - SOS. 

As I wasnt one of the early entrants I'm so glad no one had already taken 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' as I think the Angie McMahon cover I found is brilliant too.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 09:33 AM)ari101 Wrote: My original choice of Chiquitita was better than that Sinead version (can you tell I don't like her 🤣) and it's not even in for voting 😒 but I like my alternate option, this was a harder round to be late entering for 😅😁
I'm glad you had to change it, I really liked the one you submitted!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 10-06-2022

A tad disappointed with some of today's 

Would listen again
Ari, spears, lorc

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
Seph, deja, RSOAPS, aaron

Not my cup of tea
Leggy, jluv, EN, wichy

I absolutely hated Wichita Linemans entry, sorry, it's the closed mouth singing where you can't make out half the words that irks me.

On the other end, loved ari101s entry. Different enough to be distinct, but not so different that the song is no longer recognisable

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 09:52 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Yet again @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick gets the nod from me today for the best with  Little Quirks - SOS
Soapy goes on one drunken rant and everyone gets scared and starts voting for them 🤣

That's it, I'm cracking open the morning gin!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 10-06-2022

I'm trying to listen to these using phone data and they just keep buffering.

I've heard Ari's and really like it, will listen to the other later and vote.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 11:10 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 09:52 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Yet again @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick gets the nod from me today for the best with  Little Quirks - SOS
Soapy goes on one drunken rant and everyone gets scared and starts voting for them 🤣

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 11:10 AM)E.N. Wrote:

Drunken Rant? Buddy, that was a Stone Cold Steve Austin Completely Sober Rant... If I go on a Drunken Rant at any point my goal will be to make some people cry on account of how blunt and harsh I'm being... Granted some people might cry at a sober rant too, but it likely wouldn't be my intention...

By all means though, break out the morning Gin, nowt wrong with starting early... pac

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 11:11 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm trying to listen to these using phone data and they just keep buffering.

I've heard Ari's and really like it, will listen to the other later and vote.
Have you tried opening them using the Youtube link rather than playing on this site? Might just be bad connection though

I had to go back and give your song a vote because I found myself humming the tune... aesthetically pretty good too  Wink

Overall, was a highly enjoyable round, there were more highlights than I expected, and these are the ones that fared well in my Thankings...

(10-06-2022, 08:19 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - Cherry Lady - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

@Leg End Reject On the one hand it's, objectively speaking, a bit shite, but on the other hand (the one that counts) great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so that's good enough for me

(10-06-2022, 08:20 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - Sam Ryder - Waterloo

@Spears He's got a grand voice (really liked his Eurovision entry this year) and its an interesting take on the original, good pick

(10-06-2022, 08:20 AM)Kol Wrote: @DejaBoo  - Jonathan Groff - Thank You for the Music

@DejaBoo Ah look at him there with his little happy innocent face, how can ya not love Jonathan Groff, epic voice and the face of an angel, I couldn't not vote for him

(10-06-2022, 08:21 AM)Kol Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Little Quirks - SOS

I had this band lined up for a couple of categories, they've got some solid covers and I definitely wanted to feature them somewhere in the game, and this was the round that I stuck with them for, but yeah if people are liking it, its worth checking out some of their other stuff

(10-06-2022, 08:22 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - Postmodern Jukebox - Dancing Queen

@E.N. it wouldn't be one of my favourite PMJ's, in fact I nearly wasn't going to vote for it, but the tap & trumpet combo just managed to separate it from the covers I didn't care for, so it gets the nod of approval

(10-06-2022, 08:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - Carla Bruni - The Winner Takes it All

@lorcand1990 one of the stronger entries in this round, and the best you've put forward in this game so far I reckon, nice selection

(10-06-2022, 08:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Angie McMahon - Knowing Me, Knowing You

@Wichita Lineman initially this was the one I was going to submit for this round, as I bloody love Angie McMahon, and this by a country mile is the best cover of the entire round for me. Sadly, I expected that it wouldn't get the respect and adoration it deserves from some of the sheeple around here, bit too unique and interesting for more than a few of them I imagine. And thats the problem with allowing the public to vote or not hiring judges that are fit for purpose (pew pew pew, shots fired), because this one should be leading the rankings today from the outset... (turns out I still had a little bit of rant ligering over from last night after all... pac)

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 10-06-2022

[Image: tenor.gif]

*makes note to vote off Soapy at first opportunity*

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 10-06-2022

Based on the number of votes I've gotten so far I think I'll be the one going tonight 😩

(10-06-2022, 01:44 PM)nothing Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

*makes note to vote off Soapy at first opportunity*

pac pac pac

Well I've always enjoyed playing with fire and I've got a big box of matches just itching to be lit...  Tongue

Wow, a really strong round there. I liked how the change in tempo in some of the covers completely changed the tone of the songs while they were still unmistakenly ABBA songs.

I've thanked a lot of these! Some really great finds there.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 10-06-2022

I wasn't happy submitting Westlife, but in my defence they were my third choice, after my first two nominations were rejected as duplicates (both of whch I think are way better than the versions that were accepted, just saying Big Grin)

Seems to be mid-table in terms of votes, but I thought Deja had the best song of the day for me

Here is a real interesting one that didn't make the cut for obvious reasons. Thoughts on it?

(10-06-2022, 02:22 PM)Kol Wrote: Here is a real interesting one that didn't make the cut for obvious reasons. Thoughts on it?

I really want to know who thought that was Live... pac

Great cover though, big fan of his stuff, have entered him into a Walrus or two before.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 10-06-2022

That's the version of the song that would be sung by ABBAdon

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 01:45 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Based on the number of votes I've gotten so far I think I'll be the one going tonight 😩

I think you might be safe Seph. Even I didn't vote for myself this time..
I originally submitted Il Divo Winner Takes It All but Lorcand had chosen that song already so I quickly picked that one.
My coat is by the door😁

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 09:33 AM)ari101 Wrote: My original choice of Chiquitita was better than that Sinead version (can you tell I don't like her 🤣) and it's not even in for voting 😒 but I like my alternate option, this was a harder round to be late entering for 😅😁

[Image: uJQjpsW.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 10-06-2022

Only listening now, liked ari's entry and was pleasantly surprised by Spears entry too, his voice is awesome.

RSoaps entry is also great but I'm not thanking it out of sheer spite Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-06-2022, 05:52 PM)Necro Wrote: RSoaps entry is also great but I'm not thanking it out of sheer spite Tongue

I'd expect no less... Typical judge who can't remain unbiased... Like every reality talent show so...  Tongue

(10-06-2022, 05:57 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 05:52 PM)Necro Wrote: RSoaps entry is also great but I'm not thanking it out of sheer spite Tongue

I'd expect no less... Typical judge who can't remain unbiased... Like every reality talent show so...  Tongue

(10-06-2022, 02:10 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I wasn't happy submitting Westlife, but in my defence they were my third choice, after my first two nominations were rejected as duplicates (both of whch I think are way better than the versions that were accepted, just saying Big Grin)

Seems to be mid-table in terms of votes, but I thought Deja had the best song of the day for me

I might have got Kol give me a list of the songs to avoid after my first ABBA choice bounced... 😁 I pointed out that there'd likely be a lot of back and forth if I just took another stab in the dark, given I was the second last to pick (and I was right I had started musing over another already taken song) 🤣

My second choice is actually probably a better (more original) cover than my first 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 10-06-2022

I may be a bit tired but I didn't enjoy this round as much as last night.

Anyway...

@ari101 Nothing at all wrong with this cover, but I didn't vote for it just because I'm not that keen on the original x

@lorcand1990 again, another good cover. But I didn't vote for it becuase atm, I found it a tad boring to listen to.. sorry.

@DejaBoo You got a vote for sexiness here! I love JG's character in Mindhunter, so he's definitely getting a vote for being such a beaut Tongue 

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick This was my favourite of the round! Think I'll look up the band because they have anice sound to them.

SNAP.. exactly what Rachel said about @Wichita Lineman submission!  Tongue

Losers lounge/The green room Heart

Sorry guys, wasn't a fan of anything tonight

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 10-06-2022

My favourites today were Spears and Witchie..would and have listened to them a few times..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 02:22 PM)Kol Wrote: Here is a real interesting one that didn't make the cut for obvious reasons. Thoughts on it?

I came across this when looking up songs for the category. Thought it was hilarious  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 10-06-2022

I was half joking about not wanting to listen to 12 ABBA covers but in the end it was true. Only had time to blitz through one quick listen and none really jumped out. My problem is that I'm not really an ABBA fan, and their songs are very idiosyncratic, so it's so hard to do much with them as a cover. I didn't even like mine on a relisten Tongue

@ari101's was the best for me

I think Wichi's is the first I've seen of Triple J radio's "Like A Version". It's a great feature, I've listened to it loads before this comp and a good few of my upcoming picks come from there

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 06:40 PM)Spears Wrote: @DejaBoo You got a vote for sexiness here!  
Oh my, no one has ever said ^ that to me before  shock 

....oh wait, you meant him, yes yes indeed  Wink Cool

*makes note to post more cuties at tournament time*  Big Grin  Angel pac

Votes have been counted

@Jluv  and @Sephiroth_Dude

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpUe-5lEGkHbdHMrOUX-w...g&usqp=CAU]

Jluv  - Abba The Show-I do, I do, I do, I do, I do

Seph  - The Bjorn Identity - Don't Shut Me Down

Over to you judges

@Necro @nothing @ShaneU

Please tell us who you want to send home and your reason why.

The most voted for act today was @ari101  with Super Trouper. Well done Ari, a great rendition indeed.

Woohoo, thanks, that worked out well in the end! Smile

Looks like its Chinesse night

I'm sending Seph home.

I really didn't like that entry of his and while jluv has been here before I still think his entry was worse.

Short and sweet tonight.

[Image: uh-thats-all-i-guess-randy-marsh.gif]

(10-06-2022, 08:15 PM)Kol Wrote: Looks like its Chinesse night
Very generous of you, Kol! Do we PM our orders?

(10-06-2022, 08:15 PM)Kol Wrote: Looks like its Chinesse night

I've a bit of a cold so had a nap on the couch and woke up sweating bullets that I'd missed the whole thing.

Looked at my phone and it was only 7.30 and I'd been asleep for ten mins pac

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 10-06-2022

Both of you chose ABBA cover bands and both managed to pick ABBA songs I've never heard of..... If I had my way I'd kick both your butts out the door.

However one song was slightly less mind numbingly boring than the other so tonight I'm sending home

SpoilerShow Content

[Image: failure-fail.gif]