A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 09-06-2022

EAR WORM ALERT, don't listen to that Blowers Daughter song - I can't get that dayum thing outta my head!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 09-06-2022

I'm not a fan of Metallica or Whisky in the Jar, but I really like Lorcan's song.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 07:49 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm not a fan of Metallica or Whisky in the Jar, but I really like Lorcan's song.
Thanks Leggy, yeah I knew Metallica would be a risk but I love that cover

If I've won over someone who doesn't like the artist or the song, I'll call it a win no matter what happens  Smile

@Wichita Lineman wins it for me today, brilliant take on the song, original & loads of fun. Found myself going back to listen to that one again straight away

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 09-06-2022

Interestingly (to me anyway 🤣), I was really looking forward to Imagine Dragons covering U2 but felt underwhelmed, and was not expecting to like a Jazzy rendition of I Still Haven't Found... yet it was great! 😁

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 09-06-2022

I'm loving Chris Cornell and Roisin O but I am bias

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 07:23 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: EAR WORM ALERT, don't listen to that Blowers Daughter song - I can't get that dayum thing outta my head!

That was my favourite today..like how he sings it more than the original..

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Sian is an actress too, was in Emmerdale, I like her voice

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 09-06-2022

I've been stingy with my thanks today...

@Wichita Lineman
- I'll likely vote for PMJ every time they come up... and so should everyone else Wink
But seriously, great arrangement and good voice is amazing

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
- slightly tongue in cheek, I suspect, but she's brought new life to an average song, I like what she's done. Better than Jedward Tongue

@lorcand1990
- safe pick, perhaps, but there's no arguing with Metallica's Whiskey In The Jar

@Leg End Reject
- just snuck in Wink

Plus I'll thank myself later if I'm in trouble due to you philistines 🤣

(09-06-2022, 11:51 AM)Jluv Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 07:23 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: EAR WORM ALERT, don't listen to that Blowers Daughter song  -  I can't get that dayum thing outta my head!

That was my favourite today..like how he sings it more than the original..
[Image: 6j3nbb.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 07:07 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - Roisin O - Chandelier
Original Artist: SIA

Ah yeah, the infamously famous Irish Artist SIA from County Australia... Huh

(09-06-2022, 12:46 PM)E.N. Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
- slightly tongue in cheek, I suspect, but she's brought new life to an average song, I like what she's done. Better than Jedward Tongue

At least someone gets it. I'd rather take a risk on something different than skate through with something more safe and obvious.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 09-06-2022

Wichita Lineman and E.N. my top two

(09-06-2022, 01:06 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:46 PM)E.N. Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

At least someone gets it. I'd rather take a risk on something different than skate through with something more safe and obvious.
That's my attitude too, although I did play safe today. Wait until we get to my indigenous Australian rap Wink

Kudos today goes to...

(09-06-2022, 07:10 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Rogelio Douglas, Jr. - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Original Artist: U2

@Wichita Lineman always great to hear a completely different spin on a song, and like E.N. I'm a PostModern Jukebox fan.

(09-06-2022, 07:13 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - Chris Cornell - Nothing Compares 2U
Original Artist: Sinead O'Connor

@E.N. gotta love a bit of Chris Cornell. Not sure if I prefer it to the Sinéad O'Connor version (to be fair that's a high bar to beat though), but he puts his own stamp on it.

(09-06-2022, 07:14 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - U2 - Springfield Mining Disaster
Original Artist: Ewan MacColl

@Leg End Reject standout of the round for me. Wasn't familiar with the original, but its a really nice ballad and usually I'm not one to sing their praises, but U2 perform it excellently here.

(09-06-2022, 12:46 PM)E.N. Wrote: @lorcand1990
- safe pick, perhaps, but there's no arguing with Metallica's Whiskey In The Jar
I actually thought Metallica would be more polarising, their style wouldn't suit everyone, but I'll take that 'thanks'  Wink

(09-06-2022, 01:01 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 07:07 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - Roisin O - Chandelier
Original Artist: SIA

Ah yeah, the infamously famous Irish Artist SIA from  County Australia...  Huh
The original doesn't need to be by an Irish artist, just either the original or the cover.

(09-06-2022, 01:35 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Kudos today goes to...

(09-06-2022, 07:10 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Rogelio Douglas, Jr. - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Original Artist: U2

@Wichita Lineman always great to hear a completely different spin on a song, and like E.N. I'm a PostModern Jukebox fan.

@E.N. gotta love a bit of Chris Cornell. Not sure if I prefer it to the Sinéad O'Connor version (to be fair that's a high bar to beat though), but he puts his own stamp on it.

(09-06-2022, 07:14 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - U2 - Springfield Mining Disaster
Original Artist: Ewan MacColl

@Leg End Reject standout of the round for me. Wasn't familiar with the original, but its a really nice ballad and usually I'm not one to sing their praises, but U2 perform it excellently here.
Thanks Soapy, I love that version, it's the one I'm most confident with.

(09-06-2022, 01:53 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 01:01 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Ah yeah, the infamously famous Irish Artist SIA from  County Australia...  Huh
The original doesn't need to be by an Irish artist, just either the original or the cover.

That wasn't the meaning I took from the category. Felt it more meant you can submit a cover of someone performing Nothing Compares 2U as it was famously covered by Sinéad O'Connor even though originally by Prince, rather than pick any song from anyone anywhere as long as the person playing the version you're submitting is Irish, but maybe I was mistaken.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 09-06-2022

Tricky one today. Only three that I didn't fancy, there were a few coin-tosses between the rest to decide where to cast my votes

Wichita's song would probably be my choice for song of the day

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 09-06-2022

Interesting mix today

Would listen again
Deja, wichy, RSOAPS, lorc

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
Ari, seph, spears

Not my cup of tea
Aaron, jluv, liz, EN, leggy

Think lorc would get my top spot today, though wichy and RSOAPS songs are both better than the originals imo

"Irish - Any song recorded by an Irish artist, doesn't have to have been originally recorded by them"

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 09-06-2022

Have scrolled through comments but can’t get to listen and vote for a couple of hours yet. Will get them in before the 8pm cut off for sure.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 09-06-2022

Had a hectic day so no time to really post thoughts. Tossed a few thanks here and there on the ones I liked.

Can't do it with Nothing Compares 2 U though I bloody hate that song so not even Chris Cornell can convince me it's any good!

Metallica live is a very good choice, that and The Blowers Daughter are my faves.

Soapy you're an absolute lunatic submitting a Jedward song pac I can't take it seriously at all I just picture Jedward flopping around the placeTongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 03:04 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: "Irish - Any song recorded by an Irish artist, doesn't have to have been originally recorded by them"

Thanks Liz, I was sure I had a good reason 🤣

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick - I took the "doesn't have to have been originally recorded by them" to heart. Now maybe I should have looked for a song an Irish artist has "recorded", as in, in a studio for a release, but that wasn't how I interpreted it. She has recorded a couple of live versions of this cover and I think she is great and deserves some love, even if people prefer not to vote as it is a non-standard interpretation 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 09-06-2022

I did originally meant for this round be how Soapy read it though I can see how my phrasing of it was confusing and I did change criteria slightly during the nominations.

All songs are valid in this round.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 09-06-2022

Finally got to listen to them all and scatter a few votes about. My favorite is actually The Parting Glass / Dermot Kennedy @jp liz v1

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 09-06-2022

That was a brilliant round guys! 
Wasn't expecting much at all from Irish week night. 
It was a category that I had no interest in tbh..

Loved @DejaBoo and @ari101 songs. 
(although I did find it slightly annoying in Ari's song when the lady sang 'I'm gonna swing from the CHAN-DI-LA-HERE''. Like she's from the North side of Dublin Wink

@Sephiroth_Dude I don't know U2 enough to see where the hate for them comes from. I only know a few of their songs, and this is one I like. Really enjoyed the cover.  

@aaronjennings LOVED THIS. I don't know the original and I'm afraid to look it up because I feel it may be a trad type song, and I cannot tolerate anything trad. 
But I'm definitely gonna look up yer man singing the cover. His voice is amazing.
This was my fave of all today. 

@Jluv so sorry, but I could only listen to a few seconds  Sad . Just not for me. sorry x

@Wichita Lineman What a fantastic find! so much fun. and I feel that the cover version could stand on it's own as a song, with the original being left to gather dust in the backround.

@E.N. That was the song I was gonna send in first!  Big Grin 
Thought Sinead (who I think is great btw) was a bit marmite and the song wouldn't be liked. Seems aul Chris (who everyone seems to know except me) is doing better than my own submission! lol

@Spears Hozier are very much like U2 in that they aren't much liked but I like them, and this song. Also, Demi Lovato is a powerhouse that the crowd just don't appreciate. What do they know! Well done Spears, great submission  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 07:12 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
Original Artist: Thin Lizzy

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
Dodgy Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 06:52 PM)Spears Wrote: @aaronjennings LOVED THIS. I don't know the original and I'm afraid to look it up because I feel it may be a trad type song, and I cannot tolerate anything trad. 
But I'm definitely gonna look up yer man singing the cover. His voice is amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it. I definitely wouldn't call the original one a trad song, so I'd recommend a listen Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 07:17 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 06:52 PM)Spears Wrote: @aaronjennings LOVED THIS. I don't know the original and I'm afraid to look it up because I feel it may be a trad type song, and I cannot tolerate anything trad. 

Glad you enjoyed it. I definitely wouldn't call the original one a trad song, so I'd recommend a listen Smile
Grand, I'll give it a listen so..

(09-06-2022, 07:09 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 07:12 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
Original Artist: Thin Lizzy

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
Dodgy Tongue
[Image: a0de540b-6fca-4244-b4f8-06578a944c95_text.gif]
Big Grin

Feckin Kol must have ordered Chinese this evening Tongue

Votes have been counted

@Jluv  and @jp liz v1

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpUe-5lEGkHbdHMrOUX-w...g&usqp=CAU]

Jluv  - Rod Stewart - Grace

Liz  - Dermot Kennedy - The Parting Glass

Over to our judges @Necro @nothing @ShaneU

Please tell us who you are sending home and your reason why

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 09-06-2022

Not many trad fans here apparently

One of these is a great sing-a-long song I enjoy while the other I always found boring and this cover is by an even more boring artist so it's an easy decision for me.

Tonight I am sending home....

SpoilerShow Content

P.S. How did that Jedward song get through pac

Todays most voted for acts were

@lorcand1990  and @Wichita Lineman  well done guys

Lorcand - Thin Lizzy - Whishey in the jar

Wichi - U2 - Still haven't found

I'm going to send Liz home.

Both of the bottom two have submitted entries that are more than a bit pants tbh but I think that Dermot Kennedy version of The Parting Glass is a little bit worse. Plus Liz, we have been here before and you escaped by a whisker.

[Image: 4a0c08ef10d975b0999c3b9b3a44716903ad43ae.gifv]

But lol RSoaps should 100% be down in the bottom 2 tonight, amazing they've gotten away with that entry  pac

(09-06-2022, 08:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: P.S. How did that Jedward song get through pac

(09-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Necro Wrote: But lol RSoaps should 100% be down in the bottom 2 tonight, amazing they've gotten away with that entry  pac

[Image: giphy.gif]

Thank you judges, going home tonight is @jp liz v1 
Thank you for playing and please stay for the rest of the game.

To play us out tonight, it's

Dermot Kennedy again unfortunately

The one you've all been waiting for, tomorrow is

ABBA week

Thanks folks see you tomorrow

(09-06-2022, 08:19 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 08:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: P.S. How did that Jedward song get through pac

(09-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Necro Wrote: But lol RSoaps should 100% be down in the bottom 2 tonight, amazing they've gotten away with that entry  pac

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif]