A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 07-06-2022

If it was down to the vote today I'd probably have sent EN home I think. I was sent a 65daysofstatic track before for a Walrus (probably by EN lol) and I wasn't a fan and the cover did nothing for me at all. Also Spears entry was fine imo, definitely deserved more than the bottom 2 anyways. While I wasn't gone on Sephs or Leggys I think they would have *just* about avoided me voting them. But I only listened to them all once cos well, we weren't required this round.

Twist and Shout was my fave entry, I'm a simple man with simple tastes. I liked the Bohemian Rhapsody cover but I didn't love it. I'm kinda Bohemian Rhapsodied out at the moment (had a mad Queen binge the other week at work when doing emails) so it might be that as well.

Other entries I liked were You Know My Name and Travis' version of Baby One More Time. Oh and Wichy, you're a brave brave man entering something like Edward Sheeran in this pac

Looking forward to round 2 tomorrow.

[Image: absolutely-awful-american-idol.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 07-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 10:42 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 09:43 PM)Jluv Wrote: As far as I know, nothing(with the very nicely manicured nails) Shane and Necro. I think they've received enough wine and pizza so maybe go with something else😜

I see well let me see what I have in my pockets.......

[Image: default_hmm.gif]

*empties pockets*

think they'll accept emmm, half a cookie, a piece of fluff, a cent, half a biscuit ?

Any good anime recommendations? pac Better be good now, don't want to get on my bad side

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 12:47 AM)ShaneU Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 10:42 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I see well let me see what I have in my pockets.......

[Image: default_hmm.gif]

*empties pockets*

think they'll accept emmm, half a cookie, a piece of fluff, a cent, half a biscuit ?

Any good anime recommendations? pac Better be good now, don't want to get on my bad side

Do I ? do I what! 

cowboy bebop
full metal panic!
full metal panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
gundam wing blooded orphans
kill la kill
chrono crusade
the slayers
gurren lagann
bleach (first 65 episodes or so are brilliant)
baccano
outlaw star
Trigun

I haven't watched any anime in a while,cowboy bebop was the last one I really enjoyed that's all I've watched recently, finding it harder and harder to find shows I like and stick with.

Well I know Cowboy Bebop is on Netflix so I'll check that our first, thanks.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 12:22 AM)Necro Wrote: If it was down to the vote today I'd probably have sent EN home I think

Yeah, but I know you don't like instrumental post rock. So, knowing you're a judge, there's no way I'd submit any for any of the scoring rounds, is there...? Tongue

[Image: main-qimg-d85e52a3f2d6b5ca169239c5dde90f61]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 07-06-2022

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 07-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 09:43 PM)Jluv Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Who are the judges? So I can bribe them.

As far as I know, nothing(with the very nicely manicured nails) Shane and Necro. I think they've received enough wine and pizza so maybe go with something else😜

Let's steer clear of testing those freshly sharpened claws 🤣 Takeaway and cake all round.... 😉

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 07-06-2022

US no 1s weeks will not go well for me. 😬

(07-06-2022, 01:47 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 12:22 AM)Necro Wrote: If it was down to the vote today I'd probably have sent EN home I think

Yeah, but I know you don't like instrumental post rock. So, knowing you're a judge, there's no way I'd submit any for any of the scoring rounds, is there...? Tongue

[Image: main-qimg-d85e52a3f2d6b5ca169239c5dde90f61]

[Image: judge-judy-face-palm.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 07-06-2022

[Image: 20181204184724.png]

This weeks theme is US No.1s

Voting closes at 8pm
The 2 acts with the least votes will face the music tonight.
If there is a tie for the 2 lowest voted acts, your votes from yesterday will be used to break the tie. If there is still a tie at this point, more than 2 acts will face the music.

@ari101  - NEIKED - Closer
Original Artist: Chainsmokers ft Halsey

@lorcand1990  - Stevie Wonder - We Can Work it Out
Original Artist: The Beatles

@Butty Brennan  - Stereophonics and Tom Jones - Mama Told Me Not To Come
Original Artist: Three Dog Night

@DejaBoo  - Violet Orlandi - Smoothe
Original Artist: Santana Ft Rob Thomas

@Wichita Lineman  - Allie Sherlock - Easy On Me
Original Artist: Adele

@Spears  - Panic! At The Disco - Starboy
Original Artist: Weeknd/Daft Punk

@jp liz v1  - Camila Cabello - Good 4 U
Original Artist: Olivia Rodrigo

@Jluv  - Pink Martini ft. China Forbes & Storm Large - More Than Words
Original Artist: Extreme

@Leg End Reject  - Shane Erick - Glory of Love
Original Artist: Peter Cetera

@Declan A Walsh  - Marilyn Manson and Tyler Bates - Sweet Dreams
Original Artist: Eurythmics

@E.N.  - Gary Clark Jr  - Come Together
Original Artist: The Beatles

@aaronjennings  - Jukebox & Bella Santiago - I Will Survive
Original Artist: Gloria Gaynor

@Sephiroth_Dude  - Napoli - Vogue
Original Artist: Madonna

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Harry Styles - Sledgehammer
Original Artist: Peter Gabriel

Decent round in fairness. This evening might be tough....

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 07-06-2022

This morning, for me:

Would listen again
Butty, Deja, Wichy, liz, EN, Seph

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
Ari, lorc, jluv, aaron, RSOAPS

Not my cup of tea
Spears, leggy, Declan

Some great quality musicians from everyone, even the songs I wasn't mad about. Looking forward to future rounds having as high quality and making the decisions really tough!

Dejaboo's song not live, some invisible bloke singing during the chorus pac good pick otherwise

(07-06-2022, 10:52 AM)ShaneU Wrote: Dejaboo's song not live, some invisible bloke singing during the chorus pac good pick otherwise
Some funky vocals going on there alright. Looks like it's recorded in one take though which makes it live in my books. Could be some editing done on it though I've given it the benefit of the doubt, as I have other songs in the contest.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 11:03 AM)Kol Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 10:52 AM)ShaneU Wrote: Dejaboo's song not live, some invisible bloke singing during the chorus pac good pick otherwise
Some funky vocals going on there alright. Looks like it's recorded in one take though which makes it live in my books. Could be some editing done on it though I've given it the benefit of the doubt, as I have other songs in the contest.

It sounds like she's playing along with the original in the background to me

My top two

Leg End Reject - Great acoustic cover, beautifully sung (and I'm not just saying that because her name is Shane which is kind of weird actually)
Aaronjennings - I'm a big disco fan so really enjoyed this, second half was very good.

My Bottom two

Declan A Walsh - Very difficult to listen to or enjoy, an all-around shite performance
Sephiroth Dude - The male singer is dreadful, hasn't a note in his head, ruined it for me.

My own thoughts at the moment anyways...
Top Two would be EN and Ari.

EN: Probably no harm he wasn't sent home yesterday ( Tongue ) as I really enjoyed this and normally I don't like Beatles covers.

Ari: excellent choice really enjoyed it.

Honorable mention to Spears, jluv and Wichita whose tracks I also enjoyed on the first play.

Thought I'd hate Sephs entry as I can't stand Madge but it's a grand cover. Not the worst by a long shot anyways.

Buttys is a little...safe. nothing wrong with that though is it TOO safe? Time will tell.

R*Soaps living dangerously with Harold Styles, I don't hate it is best I can do here.

I'm not sure on Leggys. It's ok like but there's something that puts me off it, maybe the singers name being Shane Tongue (judge banter starts here)

On the flip side I wasn't enamored with Dejas entry, it's a poor cover of a class song don't really like her voice.

Not gone on Liz's entry either though your wan is gorgeous.

I'm not sure on Aarons. It sounds pretty much like the original which while it's a good song I was hoping for something a little different.

I'm a big fan of MM's version of Sweet Dreams but either it's a poor recording or the studio does magic with his voice as it's very very shouty.

lorcand... Haha. The flip side of Beatles covers and I'm just not a fan.

(07-06-2022, 09:14 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Allie Sherlock - Easy On Me
She's brilliant!

The pan round the crowd halfway is so sad though, 90% of people just filming on their phones, doesn't feel like they're engaged. I know I sound like an old man shouting at clouds, but bloody modern world 😝

(07-06-2022, 09:15 AM)Kol Wrote: @jp liz v1  - Camila Cabello - Good 4 U
I wouldn't be a big fan of the song, but I almost voted for it based on the accordionist alone Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 07-06-2022

Very strong round overall I thought (certainly more than doubled the amount of Thanks I handed out from Round 1 anyway), have a few thoughts for some of my fellow contestants...

(07-06-2022, 09:14 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Allie Sherlock - Easy On Me

@Wichita Lineman not an Adele song I think I'm familiar with, had to go listen to the original and wasn't ringing any bells, but I imagine I must have had heard it at least a couple of times. Loving the cover though, big fan of Allie Sherlock and I reckon its not the last we'll see of her in this game...  Wink

(07-06-2022, 09:15 AM)Kol Wrote: @jp liz v1  - Camila Cabello - Good 4 U

@jp liz v1 another one where I don't think I knew the original version, but having listened to both, this cover is class, and may possibly be my favourite of the round (toss up between this and Allie Sherlock anyway), the accordian player definitely elevates it for me...

(07-06-2022, 09:16 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - Shane Erick - Glory of Love
Original Artist: Peter Cetera

@Leg End Reject big fan of the original and really love this cover, another of the standouts for me. Clearly not enough Karate Kid II fans knocking about these parts.

(07-06-2022, 09:16 AM)Kol Wrote: @Declan A Walsh  - Marilyn Manson and Tyler Bates - Sweet Dreams
Original Artist: Eurythmics

@Declan A Walsh despite the reactions the judges have given this, I don't think it deserves such a bad rep and while I can see where their criticism is coming from, it works really well for me as a live cover. It stood out for me much more for the right reasons than a fair few of others in the round.

(07-06-2022, 09:17 AM)Kol Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude  - Napoli - Vogue
Original Artist: Madonna

@Sephiroth_Dude while I agree with Shane's critique of the male vocalist, the whole package really works for me, its a lot of fun, very energetic, would listen again, two thumbs up...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 09:12 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - NEIKED - Closer
Original Artist: Chainsmokers ft Halsey
I think this might be my favourite of the round... apart from my own of course  Wink
Can't say I'm familiar with the band but I know the original version & this is a great cover. Love the female vocalist especially

Shout out to @E.N. and @DejaBoo too, great songs

For me (if anyone cares Tongue)

ari's was a good cover, they did something different with it, but I didn't love the voices.
Spears I liked, although it was just a straight cover, which is a shame. Panic have a good sound of their own and it could be really interesting if they brought that to another song

Lorcand and Butty I can't judge, as I'm so familiar with these versions

Deja, Leggy and liz were good, but didn't do much for me personally

aaron, Sephi, Soapy, all objectively good but just made me want to listen to the original

jluv I skipped, I'm afraid 😬
Declan, I love the studio cover but that version doesn't work for me

Wichi the standout for me, really thought she was good

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 07-06-2022

Great selection today, was hard to limit the number of votes handed out

Butty's nomination was the pick of the round for me

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 07-06-2022

[Image: tV5fDuG.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 07-06-2022

Away for the day and night,yeahhhh! So don't have a lot of time to give opinion.. enjoying listening to all though. Tough decision for the judges.. good luck all..
Have to go...food and drinks await🤩

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 07-06-2022

Some brilliant song choices in this round!

One or two of the covers were grand, but the original songs just didn't appeal to me much.

@DejaBoo love this song choice, and I love so many of Violet Orlandi's covers. I have listened to a lot of her covers. She can sound a bit deep sometimes, but a lot of her songs are great.

@Jluv The ladies covering this were a bit cruise ship like lol. But the original is a brilliant song so it will definatelt get a vote from me. Tbh, I actually thoguht the blonde lady had a decent voice.  

@Leg End Reject great song and the cover was lovely too.

@E.N. not a Beatles fan, but that was a great cover.

I think I enjpyed @Declan A Walsh song more than any of the others. These game need a bit of spicing up and MM will definately shake things up a bit. 
I appreciate this submission x Big Grin