A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 20-06-2022

1 hour to go

These lads want your votes.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 20-06-2022

[Image: twice-redcarpet.gif]Myself,leggy,Liz,deja and Spears heading in there now..

Ari still playing to the paparazzi

[Image: wow-red-carpet.gif]

Judges are chillin

[Image: panel-of-judges-judges.gif]

Looks like the boys are on the way..

[Image: theovertones-the.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 20-06-2022

What a fantastic final guys!!!  Cool  I'm very very conflicted atm..

Great submisssions from both, no matter the outcome. 

Well done @aaronjennings @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 20-06-2022

There's only one judge for me...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bjpjo0ofkbk4vawfot3...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 20-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 07:21 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: There's only one judge for me...

Yes, but Necro is happily married, so you'll have to look elsewhere

(20-06-2022, 07:04 PM)Jluv Wrote: [Image: twice-redcarpet.gif]Myself,leggy,Liz,deja and Spears heading in there now..

Can I be the one in the white dress please?  Shy

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 20-06-2022

However the votes fall, well done @aaronjennings, you had some great choices here in the final and throughout the competition.

Thanks to everybody who not only submitted performances of their own (some great discoveries along the way), but also who have taken the time to listen and vote on all the songs throughout.

I'm glad the majority of my choices throughout the game were well enough received to see me get all the way here to the Final 2. It was great being a judge in the premiere season, but being a contestant has been equally as amazing in its own way.

Huge thanks of course to @Kol for putting together and hosting yet another great season of FoG Factor. It has been a blast.

And likewise to you. Looking back at your previous songs, you've absolutely killed this competition, and are more than deserving of reaching the final, and if you win then you would definitely be a very worthy winner

Thanks to everyone who voted throughout the whole game, thanks to the judges who had to save my ass on more than one occasion Big Grin and thanks to Kol for another brilliant game

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 20-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 07:30 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:
(20-06-2022, 07:21 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: There's only one judge for me...

Yes, but Necro is happily married, so you'll have to look elsewhere

[Image: joey-tribbiani-friends.gif]

(20-06-2022, 07:43 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: However the votes fall, well done @aaronjennings, you had some great choices here in the final and throughout the competition.

Thanks to everybody who not only submitted performances of their own (some great discoveries along the way), but also who have taken the time to listen and vote on all the songs throughout.

I'm glad the majority of my choices throughout the game were well enough received to see me get all the way here to the Final 2. It was great being a judge in the premiere season, but being a contestant has been equally as amazing in its own way.

Huge thanks of course to @Kol for putting together and hosting yet another great season of FoG Factor. It has been a blast.

I also meant to give a shout out to the 3 judges @Necro @nothing @ShaneU in the above post (I actually thought I had typed out a paragraph, but it must've fallen down the back of the sofa when I hit "Post Reply")... We may have had our differences, mostly due to my incessant taunting following JedwardGate, but I know from experience being on the Judging Panel is a difficult position to be in, so fair play to all three of you too!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bvchwvit4mxm3tjsf9g...y.gif&ct=g]

Votes have been counted.

Thanks everyone for playing, judges, contestants, and viewers. There is a lot of behind the scenes work involved but you guys make it worth it.

Well done to both our finalists @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  and @aaronjennings  you have both been awesome throughout.

Big thanks to our judges @Necro  @nothing  @ShaneU again without you 3, this wouldn't work.

And of course everyone else who took the time to pick songs.

I can now reveal the winner of The Fog Factor series 2 is....

Congratulations to @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  you have won The Fog Factor series 2.

Commiserations to @aaronjennings  brilliant effort to finish runner up.

[Image: James%20Arthur]

Thst's all from me folks, I will see you again later in the year for a new series.

Thanks and take care.

Congratulations Rachel, thoroughly deserved and without question the right decision Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 20-06-2022

[Image: 9Pn1Dnq.png]

Thanks again to all my fellow competitors, judges and to Kol for hosting, everyone contributed to a brilliant game Smile

Congratulations Rsoaps!!!! Well deserved and introduced me to some new listening.

[Image: congratulations-congrats.gif]

Well done RSOAPS! Very well deserved and hard luck aaron, a stellar effort  Smile

Good game everyone, contestants and judges! Huge thanks to @Kol as I can imagine there is a massive amount of planning that goes into this, especially when we are all picking our songs, and of course for being up bright and early to post up the (mostly) lovely songs to listen to  Wink

Congratulations @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick enjoy your winning moment and spotlight

Well Done too @aaronjennings

Thank You @Kol plus the judges and fellow contestants for the fun, gifs, songs and banter etc.,

Another enjoyable series tournament game

I have discovered some new cracking live tunes from unknown artists bands to me

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 20-06-2022

Congrats Soapy!

Great contest, Aaron, it was hard to pick one today but the version of Alone swayed me in the end.

Do we really have to leave the losers lounge @Kol ? I like it here. 😔

Well played Aaron! 2nd ain't a bad spot!!

[Image: 2nd-place-2nd-groups.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 20-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 08:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Congrats Soapy!

Great contest, Aaron, it was hard to pick one today but the version of Alone swayed me in the end.

Do we really have to leave the losers lounge @Kol ? I like it here. 😔

[Image: shut-it-down-30rock.gif]

[Image: ateu-fora-fora.gif]

There won't be a season 3 if it's not closed down, rumour has it the substantial prize fund due to go to Soapy had to be spent to redecorate the losers lounge each night. 

Congrats RSOAPS on the win!

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Wow, really wasn't expecting that!!! 

Hard luck @aaronjennings, a worthy competitor in the final indeed, but thank you everyone who voted for me. 

As most of you know, I am a big music aficionado, and it always means so much to me when I do well in any music based games like this, so to pull out the win is just amazeballs...

Now if you'll all indulge me one final time, I have one last cover I wish to perform for you (I had intended to use it here for the final, but swapped it out at the last minute). 

Those of you who were of a certain age and watched a certain TV show in the '90s will know this one...

Thanks everyone once again! Once more from me...

Gigi De Lana and The Gigi Vibes - I Don't Wanna Wait (original artist: Paula Cole)

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 20-06-2022

Congrats @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

Well deserved, you put out some cracking tracks.

I had voted for @aaronjennings as my winner, but I was back and forth many times and would have been happy with either result. Hard luck aaron, no shame though, tough competition!

Thanks again @Kol

@aaronjennings your Catherine Jenkins cover was brilliant, it was probably my favourite of the 6 songs but overall I preferred RSOAPS trio, especially electric feel and say something, so voted there. Was a close call though

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 20-06-2022

It was very close, congrats to you both!

As I said to Kol, you both had tunes I liked and didn't like so much as we went along, but I was swayed by the final choices in RSoaps direction. Aaron's had some great inventive covers and maybe was ahead for outside the box thinking, but I voted for what I would want to listen to again more. I think it was the MGMT cover that pushed me over the line (though a Dawson Creek throwback probably would have worked too... ! @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick which one of the the three you selected would have been swapped for it?)

This was a great game, props to the lounge lizards who made a ruckus too 😆

(20-06-2022, 08:46 PM)ari101 Wrote: I think it was the MGMT cover that pushed me over the line (though a Dawson Creek throwback probably would have worked too... ! @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick which one of the the three you selected would have been swapped for it?)

I swapped it out with Alone at the last minute when I was PM'ing Kol.

Electric Feel and Say Something were always locked in to my final 3 as soon as I heard them.

Not sure why I ultimately opted to bench I Don't Wanna Wait, because as I started with a TV Theme Song I also wanted to have one in the final and was sure I was going to use it, but had a gut feeling to pull the switcheroo when it came to crunch time... Maybe I didn't think enough people would be won over by the sheer nostalgia factor that is Dawson's Creek...  Big Grin

[Image: tSKgoWOl.jpg]

[Image: LLFIm97.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 20-06-2022

Congrats Soapy, a very well deserved win!

Unlucky Aaron, but no shame in making the final, well played

Thanks again Kol Smile

Massive congrats @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  Heart

It was a fantastic game to be part of, and you now have the title to show for all the hard work. 

Your Alone song became my favourite song of the competition. 
Great Final's song choices.

It was so close for me with both finalists.

Hard luck @aaronjennings I had you down as my vote as soon as I seen the Evanescence song Tongue . Thought it was a greatr cover. 

Your second song- I hate songs with no lyrics ,but thought thta cover was class! 

Your Abba cover was sooooooo much better than your Westlife submisssion. It was a really great cover. 

Just by a hairline I gave Rachel as my vote becasue I felt I'd be more likely to listen to their 3 Finals songs on a playlist . 

Great game from both of you though. Well done  Heart

Thanks a lot for running the show @Kol !! Loved the game as much as the previous round. Brilliant idea, and a lot of effort on your part to host it. So well done to you too Shy

And superb judging too from @nothing@Necro and @ShaneU (our Fogfactor Series 1 champ, turned judge) 

Brilliant effort from all.

Series 3 

@Leg End Reject for being a bad influence on the other contestants. and 
@Butty Brennan for being the resident Diva by trying to get other contestants to serve everyone  Tongue

Lets pray Kol hires the right security for the next series  Big Grin

@Kol . Have a great holiday!!!! You certainly deserve it after entertaining us over the last few weeks..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Declan A Walsh - 20-06-2022

Congratulations @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick . Looking over the whole contest, I liked most of your songs and I might well have picked you as the winner on that basis, if I was stuck at the final. I'm into my music too and can be quite unforgiving at times! As it happens....

I voted for @aaronjennings , as the 2Cellos cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit was by far my favourite song of the 6 entries, and I was not particularly partial towards any of the other songs. My commiserations to @aaronjennings, but at least you made the final. Sorry @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick ! I did give that cover of Alone a bit of a chance, but then said no!

Fantastic work put in by @Kol . Well done - a lot went into putting this all together.

P.S. I have done my duty and taken part in an FOG Factor, so please leave me alone now!  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 20-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 07:04 PM)Jluv Wrote: [Image: twice-redcarpet.gif]Myself,leggy,Liz,deja and Spears heading in there now..

[Image: wolf-howl.gif]

Well hello there ladies 😏

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 20-06-2022

Thanks @Kol , this was great fun from start to finish.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 20-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 07:08 PM)Jluv Wrote: Ari still playing to the paparazzi

[Image: wow-red-carpet.gif]

[Image: mask-heart.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 20-06-2022

Katherine Jenkins - Bring Me To Life 5/5

2CELLOS - Smells Like Teen Spirit 3/5

Juan Pablo Di Pace - The Winner Takes It All 4/5

AJ Total 12/15

Voncken - Alone 4/5

Stories ft. Nataly Dawn - Electric Feel 3/5

Beoga ft. Ryan McMullan - Say Something 4/5

Rsoaps Total 11/15

Close one but my vote went to Aaronjennings.

Bring Me To Life was my favourite and my most disappointing was Electric Feel, I love that song and didn't really enjoy their take on it.