A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 08:42 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 08:29 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Alright settle down there Patti Smith or I'll turn this lounge to dust 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b49iioryxcu7k0g1rbe...y.gif&ct=g]
I knew it was shite but I didn't have time to keep looking. You have no excuse. Tongue
[Image: resting-bitch-face-unimpressed.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527f012f9915b472cd7a...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 08:44 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 08:29 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Alright settle down there Patti Smith or I'll turn this lounge to dust 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b49iioryxcu7k0g1rbe...y.gif&ct=g]
Ahhh! I'm taking my decks and records and locking myself in the broom cupboard until this blows over. And just when Wichita had got the place as clean as a whistle too. Sad
[Image: rage-throw.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 08:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 08:44 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: Ahhh! I'm taking my decks and records and locking myself in the broom cupboard until this blows over. And just when Wichita had got the place as clean as a whistle too. Sad
[Image: rage-throw.gif]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]
Somebody send for Kol quick: tell him to bring the tranquilizer rifle and 2 darts!
Every man for himself!
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 15-06-2022

[Image: close-the-door-the-invisible-man.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 09:11 PM)Kol Wrote: [Image: close-the-door-the-invisible-man.gif]
[img]blob:https://tenor.com/6db34169-07f8-4499-bf7f-d6c200c207b4[/img]

How do you use a gif you've edited in Tenor?

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 08:37 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 08:11 PM)Kol Wrote: The top voted act today with 12 votes was @DejaBoo

Well done Deja.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...f=1&nofb=1]
Ahem...who the heck is chopping onions at this time of night?
Heart
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 15-06-2022

Ya'll need Jesus tea in your lives!! Cool

Sorry to see you go @lorcand1990 Best of luck in the losers lounge tonight. Looks like you'll be needing it  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 16-06-2022

[Image: 9168dff35ede41319c0c2731969e5ce8-hd.png]

Today's theme is Love Week

Voting closes at 8pm
The 2 acts with the lowest votes will face the music.

@ari101  - Jon Boden and the Remnant Strings - How Long Will I Love You
Original Artist: The Waterboys

@aaronjennings  - Jennifer Hudson - I Will Always Love You
Original Artist: Dolly Parton

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Lime Cordial - I Touch Myself
Original Artist: Divinyls

@Sephiroth_Dude  - Kelly Clarkson - Someone Like You
Original Artist: Adele

@Spears  - Candice Sand - Lovesong
Original Artist: The Cure

@DejaBoo  - Kristina Helene - Gravity
Original Artist: The Beatles

Sounds from the lounge

@E.N.  - Yungblud and Halsey - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Original Artist: Death Cab for Cutie

@Wichita Lineman  - Heather Headley - Your Song
Original Artist: Elton John

@jp liz v1  - Teddy Swims - Make You Feel My Love
Original Artist: Bob Dylan

@Butty Brennan  - The Ramones - Baby I Love You
Original Artist: The Ronettes

@lorcand1990  - Sleeping at Last - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
Original Artist: The Proclaimers

@Leg End Reject  - Candice Sand - All I Want is You
Original Artist: U2

@Jluv  - Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Original Artist: Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes

@Declan A Walsh  - Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode) - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Original Artist: Joy Division

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 16-06-2022

Aw now  - so much  romantical musica...

[Image: ImprobableRelievedAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: AcademicGoldenBadger-size_restricted.gif][Image: GiftedDigitalDuiker-max-1mb.gif][Image: EasyPleasedErmine-max-1mb.gif][Image: CloudyZealousAvocet-max-1mb.gif]

It's fine, I'm fine, everything is fine...

[Image: ross-friends.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 16-06-2022

@lorcand1990 best for me today coming from the losers lounge, love that version! 😁

I really struggle to like a Whitney cover, JHud is a fantastic singer (as is Christina Aguilera) but I just can't get into it, I like either the simplicity of a closer to Dolly version or I get jarred by the changes (not that I really like that particular song anyway).

@jp liz v1 made me wish I'd got in earlier, and thought about picking Adele's Letterman live version of same 🤣

I'm not always big into what traditionally comes to mind for love songs and this round was about too many options for me 😅

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 08:10 AM)ari101 Wrote: @lorcand1990 best for me today coming from the losers lounge, love that version! 😁
Me sneaking back into the competition... sshhhh

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 08:51 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(16-06-2022, 08:10 AM)ari101 Wrote: @lorcand1990 best for me today coming from the losers lounge, love that version! 😁
Me sneaking back into the competition... sshhhh

[Image: fresh-prince-uncle-phil.gif]

Well I failed as a contestant so now I'm going to audition for a judge! Feedback time & we're down to the last few so gotta get tough, I'm going RSOAPS on your asses  Wink

@ari101 I liked the Remnant Strings on this one but wasn't keen on the vocalist

@aaronjennings Sorry but I Will Always Love You is like All I Want for Christmas of love songs for me, unless it's being done in an unusual way I just don't like it.. I'd say you'll be fine though if past rounds are anything to go by, the big hitters seem to be doing well

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick by far and away my favourite of the round from what is left in the competition. Again you've gone a slightly different way in terms of style & it sticks out in a great way, brilliant version of the song

@Sephiroth_Dude just a carbon copy of Adele's version & I don't think it's any better than the original, unfortunately for me I think it's actually worse

@Spears a few rounds ago I wanted you to do well when you gave your song a big build up, today I wanted to hate your song because you tore poor Amy to shreds yesterday.... But again I'm dissappointed.... because it was a lovely song  Tongue Probably my 2nd fav of the round, strong vocals & gets a hotness point (for the girl, not the guy obvs!)

@DejaBoo well after yesterday's song was up there with my favs of the competition, this was going to be a hard act to follow. But it was a good song I thought, my 3rd fav of the round, so take a vote off me please  Smile

From the losers lounge I liked EN, Liz & (begrudgingly) Leggy  Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 16-06-2022

Everyones all loved up and @ari101 gets off to a flyer today.

[Image: 1489778731_pixar-up-love.gif]

Top two for me today in no particular order...

Spears, Deja.

Dejas surprised me cos normally Beatles covers have me rolling my eyes up to heaven. Really good though.

I absolutely adore Lovesong anyways and the cover is really good so gets my seal of approval.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 09:04 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Well I failed as a contestant so now I'm going to audition for a judge! Feedback time & we're down to the last few so gotta get tough, I'm going RSOAPS on your asses  Wink

@ari101 I liked the Remnant Strings on this one but wasn't keen on the vocalist

@aaronjennings Sorry but I Will Always Love You is like All I Want for Christmas of love songs for me, unless it's being done in an unusual way I just don't like it.. I'd say you'll be fine though if past rounds are anything to go by, the big hitters seem to be doing well

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick by far and away my favourite of the round from what is left in the competition. Again you've gone a slightly different way in terms of style & it sticks out in a great way, brilliant version of the song

@Sephiroth_Dude just a carbon copy of Adele's version & I don't think it's any better than the original, unfortunately for me I think it's actually worse

@Spears a few rounds ago I wanted you to do well when you gave your song a big build up, today I wanted to hate your song because you tore poor Amy to shreds yesterday.... But again I'm dissappointed.... because it was a lovely song  Tongue Probably my 2nd fav of the round, strong vocals & gets a hotness point (for the girl, not the guy obvs!)

@DejaBoo well after yesterday's song was up there with my favs of the competition, this was going to be a hard act to follow. But it was a good song I thought, my 3rd fav of the round, so take a vote off me please  Smile

From the losers lounge I liked EN, Liz & (begrudgingly) Leggy  Tongue
[Image: smug-danntanner.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 09:04 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude just a carbon copy of Adele's version & I don't think it's any better than the original, unfortunately for me I think it's actually worse

[Image: ok-angry.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 10:57 AM)Necro Wrote: Dejas surprised me cos normally Beatles covers have me rolling my eyes up to heaven. Really good though.
Lol that's not a Beatles song it's Sara Bareilles

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 16-06-2022

(16-06-2022, 09:04 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Well I failed as a contestant so now I'm going to audition for a judge! Feedback time & we're down to the last few so gotta get tough, I'm going RSOAPS on your asses  Wink

You need to critique harder, don't hold back, you have nothing to lose now, and don't be afraid to have a go at the judges either because they're the ones who really f*cked you over... To truly embody the RSOAPS way of the feedback rant you can't be afraid to make people wish they'd never been born in the first place (at the end of the day its their own fault for choosing such shit songs)... As a current contestant, I feel I need to remain somewhat diplomatic, so you've yet to see a true display of my powers, at the moment all I can do is inspire you and the rest of the LL to rise up and let loose... 

(16-06-2022, 09:04 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick by far and away my favourite of the round from what is left in the competition. Again you've gone a slightly different way in terms of style & it sticks out in a great way, brilliant version of the song

The fact that its clearly the best song today* and not everyone is voting for it, just strenghtens my stance from earlier in the tournament about how neither certain members of this general public nor the judges should be allowed anywhere near a Thank button... pac 

*I haven't actually listened to any of today's yet so I'm just gonna presume its the best until I possibly have to eat my words later on, but its a risk I'm willing to take.

(16-06-2022, 12:19 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(16-06-2022, 10:57 AM)Necro Wrote: Dejas surprised me cos normally Beatles covers have me rolling my eyes up to heaven. Really good though.

Someone tell that to Kol then Tongue

(16-06-2022, 12:19 PM)ShaneU Wrote:

(16-06-2022, 12:54 PM)Necro Wrote:
(16-06-2022, 12:19 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Lol that's not a Beatles song it's Sara Bareilles

Someone tell that to Kol then Tongue

Hah..don't know how that happened. Hope it didn't influence the voting.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 16-06-2022

Today, I'm not in love

Would Listen Again
RSOAPS

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
Ari, aaron

Not my cup of tea
Seph, spears, deja

(16-06-2022, 12:15 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(16-06-2022, 09:04 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude just a carbon copy of Adele's version & I don't think it's any better than the original, unfortunately for me I think it's actually worse

[Image: ok-angry.gif]
Blame leggy, she thought a large vodka meant giving me the entire bottle, now I'm in a bad mood... on the other hand though

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgvhzhoc1g9nhe5u5zc...y.gif&ct=g]

I love Ari's, Soapy's, E.N.'s, Liz's and Lorcan's. I love my own too, but self praise doesn't count. Tongue I had originally picked a different version of Liz's song, but that one is great.

Aaron's was ok too, but not my favourite, although like Ari I'm not a fan of warbling power ballads.

Ari and Lorcan are my top 2, beautiful covers that are different to the originals.

(16-06-2022, 02:18 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I love Ari's, Soapy's, E.N.'s, Liz's and Lorcan's. I love my own too, but self praise doesn't count. Tongue I had originally picked a different version of Liz's song, but that one is great.

Aaron's was ok too, but not my favourite, although like Ari I'm not a fan of warbling power ballads.

Ari and Lorcan are my top 2, beautiful covers that are different to the originals.

Aheemmm......

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 16-06-2022

Right everyone is getting a piece of my mind again today, be it good, bad, or ugly...

(16-06-2022, 07:32 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - Jon Boden and the Remnant Strings - How Long Will I Love You
Original Artist: The Waterboys

I wasn't expecting to like this (not even sure why), so it surprised me a bit, genuinely good choice, well played

(16-06-2022, 07:33 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - Jennifer Hudson - I Will Always Love You
Original Artist: Dolly Parton

Always hated the Whitney cover of this song, and Hudson has just done a carbon copy of that, so I was (as I expected to be) bored to tears listening to this. Gimme Dolly's version or something completely different any day of the week though.

(16-06-2022, 07:34 AM)Kol Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Lime Cordial - I Touch Myself
Original Artist: Divinyls

I stand by my song, and genuinely think this is the best in the mix today.

(16-06-2022, 07:34 AM)Kol Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude  - Kelly Clarkson - Someone Like You
Original Artist: Adele

I like Kelly Clarkson and I like that Adele song, but this cover just doesn't do anything for me. lorcan got it spot on in his critique earlier.

(16-06-2022, 07:35 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - Candice Sand - Lovesong
Original Artist: The Cure

It was fine. That's the best I can do really. Fine, but instantly forgettable.

(16-06-2022, 07:36 AM)Kol Wrote: @DejaBoo  - Kristina Helene - Gravity
Original Artist: The Beatles

There's an episode of Community (one of my favourite episodes) where they use this song as a running gag, and it (or any cover of it) will always hold a special place in my heart.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - Yungblud and Halsey - I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Original Artist: Death Cab for Cutie

Love Yungblud (for those unaware, was at his gig the other night and it was phenomenal), fan of Halsey, and have always loved Death Cab For Cutie, so this combo really works for me. Nice choice.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Heather Headley - Your Song
Original Artist: Elton John

I really like what she's done with this song - it's very subtle, but there's some nice changes in here that elevate an already brilliant and much covered song. Another really strong choice.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @jp liz v1  - Teddy Swims - Make You Feel My Love
Original Artist: Bob Dylan

Teddy Swims has a really great voice, and while I wouldn't be too gone on the original, this one got me right in the feels. Solid selection.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @Butty Brennan  - The Ramones - Baby I Love You
Original Artist: The Ronettes

Meh. It's not bad at all, but compared to the high quality of some of the rest of the round, it just gets a bit lost in the mix.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - Sleeping at Last - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
Original Artist: The Proclaimers

Enjoyed this one a lot, the song actually sounds so much better stripped back and slowed down like this. Nice one.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - Candice Sand - All I Want is You
Original Artist: U2

I really like her voice. All I Want Is You is one of those U2 songs that I'm ultimately indifferent too, and this cover made me appreciate it a lot more, so superior to the original as far as I'm concerned.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @Jluv  - Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Original Artist: Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes

This song really suits Hucknell's voice, and I was surprised at how much I actually liked it as a cover. Really good choice.

(16-06-2022, 07:39 AM)Kol Wrote: @Declan A Walsh  - Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode) - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Original Artist: Joy Division

Depeche Mode = Good. Love Will Tear Us Apart = Good. No complaints, it's a combo that works really well here actually.

Some General Thoughts...

This was a very strong round in the end, thought I'd absolutely hate this round, was expecting a lot more sickeningly sweet songs, but think there was a balanced mix.

Joke rants and all that banter aside, I've enjoyed a huge amount of the songs in the game and there has been some really great discoveries and nice covers, but personally I would really have loved to have seen some of the more outside the box thinking and creative covers being celebrated in the tournament than they were. Some have done well of course, but there's been a few over the course of the game that I feel didn't got their deserved props, often overshadowed by a carbon copy cover of an OG song - those songs have their place in the tournament too of course, and I'm probably wording this badly, but there's a point I'm trying to make that will hopefully make sense in a minute. This isn't a dig at anybody, more a sad lament of how uniqueness and things or people that are different are being shunned by society (obviously I'm not just talking about music here, but I'm gonna use it as a grander metaphor), so to those who went for a selection they loved because it had something a bit unique or quirky about it or a complete and vastly different spin on the original, whether you're still in the running for the win or now watching from the peanut gallery, cheers to those who absolutely went for it with some of their unique choices, even if they didn't win over the general public, I appreciated seeing and hearing the songs that were a bit "different"

The "Love" round of the game seemed like an apt a place as any for me to climb atop my soapbox and go off on a tangent about acceptance and diversity...

(16-06-2022, 02:31 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(16-06-2022, 02:18 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I love Ari's, Soapy's, E.N.'s, Liz's and Lorcan's. I love my own too, but self praise doesn't count. Tongue I had originally picked a different version of Liz's song, but that one is great.

Aheemmm......
[Image: awkward-lol.gif]

Is this an episode of Dr. Phil I just walked in on pac

[Image: thank-you.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 16-06-2022

[Image: AatMDU2.png]

I bid ye adieu, I'll be gone tonight it seems

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bxoyg3n124fm94zgu11l...w.gif&ct=g]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 16-06-2022

@DejaBoo amazing song! (again) More emotions god damn it!  Heart

(was suprised seeing that it was a beatles song because I don't llike their stuff. But it seems to have been cleared up that now its not theres after all)

@Spears amazing song! (again)  pac

@E.N. I know @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick is playing tactics by not admitting that my second amazing song is great Tongue . So it's killing me saying the same comment, but I'm a massive Halsey fan since she first came out, and I love Yungblud too, so I loved that cover. Great choice. 

@lorcand1990 I know, she is stunning isn't she! If I was in the same room as her, I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off her.  Heart
(Image of me she is  Big Grin)  

I'm very very tired today so everyone is off thehook with m e not saying anythin g mean tonight  Tongue

Votes have been counted

@Sephiroth_Dude  and @Spears

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpUe-5lEGkHbdHMrOUX-w...g&usqp=CAU]

Seph  - Kelly Clarkson - Someone Like You

Spears  - Candice Sand - Lovesong

Over to our judges @Necro @nothing @ShaneU

Please tell us who you would like to send home and your reason why

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 16-06-2022

Both in my lowest tier today so going to have to look at overall scores.

Seph has only had 2 songs in my lowest tier, but spears has had 5.

Sorry Spears, for me it's you who has to go tonight

[Image: tenor.gif]