A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 13-06-2022

@Spears my song is from the film Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrell

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 10:07 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 09:58 PM)Spears Wrote: Also, for the first time in the game, I can confidently say my tomorrow's song is amazing!

It was my least liked, & least known category and it was the song I listened to the most from my own submissions  Shy
We'll be the judge of that!  Tongue

Yes...yes you will !! Wink

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 13-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 10:54 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Butty was in charge of drinks  Tongue
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedi...f=1&nofb=1]
Erm exsqueeze me? I had nothing to do with Leggings getting legless. I am the Losers Lounge resident Spin-Master (or at least I was until Leggings fired my decks through the window) Sad
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fm0.sportsjoe.ie%2Fwp-co...f=1&nofb=1]

It is Declan the barman who should be under investigation here. Tongue

(13-06-2022, 10:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: This will be you in 24 hours time being dragged to the losers lounge  Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bam8imfu5dt25e3axbf...y.gif&ct=g]

I've no problem going, just once the bartender knows my order!
*Coughs @Butty Brennan 

Edit:.....or @Declan A Walsh Whoever it is, just get it right. please and thanks x

Big Grin Big Grin

(13-06-2022, 10:38 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: @Spears  my song is from the film Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrell

Good jaysus, I'll pass on checking out the movie so  Undecided

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 09:58 PM)Spears Wrote: Also, for the first time in the game, I can confidently say my tomorrow's song is amazing!

Uh oh.... That didn't work out well for EN...

[Image: pedro-monkey-puppet.gif]

(12-06-2022, 10:42 PM)E.N. Wrote: I only just scraped through, I see. But through is through, and I'm knocking the movie round out of the park tomorrow 😉

[Image: theres-something-very-familiar-about-all...eja-vu.gif]

(13-06-2022, 11:17 PM)Necro Wrote:

Uh oh.... That didn't work out well for EN...

(12-06-2022, 10:42 PM)E.N. Wrote: I only just scraped through, I see. But through is through, and I'm knocking the movie round out of the park tomorrow 😉

Lets hope not..
& sure if i go down, I'll just know that you were all wrong, AGAIN  Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 11:24 PM)Spears Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 11:17 PM)Necro Wrote: Uh oh.... That didn't work out well for EN...

Lets hope not..
& sure if i go down, I'll just know that you were all wrong, AGAIN  Tongue

[Image: mortal-kombat-sub-zero.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 11:12 PM)Spears Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 10:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: This will be you in 24 hours time being dragged to the losers lounge  Tongue

*Coughs @Butty Brennan 

Edit:.....or @Declan A Walsh Whoever it is, just get it right. please and thanks x

Big Grin Big Grin
Tea? TEA???

You may stay in the competition, the losers lounge is no place for you!

(13-06-2022, 11:29 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Tea? TEA???

Awwwh, thanks so much leggyless. You're so sweet xx

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 14-06-2022

[Image: CMW.jpg?w=640&ssl=1]

Today's theme is Country week

Voting closes at 8pm
The 2 acts with the lowest votes will face the music

@Sephiroth_Dude  - Dustin Lynch – Friends In Low Places
Original Artist: Garth Brooks

@Wichita Lineman  - Billy Strings - I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water
Original Artist: Stonewall Jackson

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Carolynne Poole - Telescope
Original Artist: Hayden Panettiere

@DejaBoo  - Allison Young - Crazy
Original Artist: Patsy Cline

@aaronjennings  - Antisober14 - When The man Comes Around
Original Artist: Johnny Cash

@ari101  - Chance the Rapper - Hot in Here
Original Artist: Nelly

@Spears  - Schmitty Music - Gods Country
Original Artist: Blake Shelton

@lorcand1990  - Gypsy Kings - Hotel California
Original Artist: The Eagles

Songs that didn't qualify for this round

@E.N.  - White Stripes - Jolene
Original Artist: Dolly Parton

@jp liz v1  - Little Big Town - Independence day
Original Artist: Martina McBride

@Butty Brennan  - Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris - Love Hurts
Original Artist: Nazareth

@Leg End Reject  - The Petersens - Country Roads
Original Artist: John Denver

@Jluv  - Lady Antebellum - You're Still The One
Original Artist: Shania Twain

@Declan A Walsh  - Elbow - Witchita Lineman
Original Artist: Glen Campbell

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 14-06-2022

With mine, ya gotta get past the whistling at the beginning...

Legend, great cover! They sing it better than the original!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 14-06-2022

I went a little different here for a giggle, could see me off to the lovely losers lounge 😆

@jp liz v1 was the best by a long way for me 👏
@Spears I love that song so I gave him a like though he was just ok for me 😊

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 07:56 AM)ari101 Wrote: I went a little different here for a giggle, could see me off to the lovely losers lounge 😆

@jp liz v1 was the best by a long way for me 👏
@Spears I love that song so I gave him a like though he was just ok for me 😊
ari - if you like Little Big Towns sound,  have a listen to Girl Crush   (odd song, but its defo an earworm)... if it's too country, Adam Lambert does a cover.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 14-06-2022

Nice to see lorcand being so dedicated to the game to sit and record the Gypsy Kings on his TV pac

I enjoyed this round a lot more than the movie one, some very good entries.

Ari's was my fave, love the real country twang of Chance the Rappers version of that track.

God's country is ok your man needs to shut the fuck up and just sing though instead of waffling on for ages at the start

I expected to dislike Sephs entry but was surprised that I didn't.

Aarons .. cash cover is a cash cover, pretty much what you see is what you get.

Hadn't heard the original re: RSOAPS entry before so have no baseline really. It was grand though she gets very loud in chorus I find. Like uncomfortably so.

Not crazy about Crazy (hehe geddit) or Wichita's entries, nothing wrong with them really just preferred the others a little more.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 14-06-2022

Nelly is Country now, think his recent album Heartland was mostly Country

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 14-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 11:12 PM)Spears Wrote:

*Coughs @Butty Brennan 

Big Grin Big Grin

(13-06-2022, 11:58 PM)Spears Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 11:29 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Tea? TEA???

Awwwh, thanks so much leggyless. You're so sweet xx

Make sure to give her the good stuff now, Barry's! not that other muck........lyons 

Big Grin Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 14-06-2022

I think Chance The "Country" Rapper is my favourite  Big Grin  great find @ari101 love how he really goes in deep country sounding

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 14-06-2022

Hotel California is a country song now? pac

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 01:29 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Hotel California is a country song now? pac
In my defense... They are definitely country rock Wink

[Image: KGDvaiG.png][Image: b521JDn.png]

RSOAPS is my favourite of the round.. Nice mix of styling, not too OTT country & great vocals

I liked Wichitas & Dejas also.. Even though there was a bit of dodgy guitar work on Deja's song it still worked for me!

Sorry Spears I really wanted to like your song after you gave it the big wind up yesterday, and so did the artist for about 45 seconds at the start   Tongue but I just... didn't really get into it

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 14-06-2022

Strong round, I like Sephers', Soapy's, Deja's, Ari's, Lorcan's, E.N.'s, Liz's, Butty's and Declan's.

My initial reaction to some of them was WTF!, but I enjoyed them. That's a lot of songs for someone who isn't a fan of country. 😁

Almost forgot to say, from the backroom I definitely would have voted for Leggy, Declan & Liz

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 06:53 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - Chance the Rapper - Hot in Here
Original Artist: Nelly

Alright, that's genius, fair play! By far and away the best of the round

Not my genre at all, so I struggled today, but Soapy's had some mean guitar playing and Aaron stood out for being a bit different, so they got my thanks too

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 07:33 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: With mine, ya gotta get past the whistling at the beginning...

When I heard the whistling, I was already assuming it would be bottom of the pile. Fortunately they swiftly recovered, and it became my favourite song of the round

My original entry for this round was Miley Cyrus' version of 'Jolene' that Kol posted earlier in the thread, but it was a duplicate (EN, I'm looking at you... Big Grin)

Edit: Also, how did Declan end up nominating a Wichita Lineman cover and not, well, you know who? Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 14-06-2022

Would have loved to have seen a few more modern Country songs being covered in this round, as I think Country Music over the last decade or so has been going through a renaissance of sorts and its those 21st Century Country Hits and Artists that led to me having a bit of grá for Country Music (prior to that I would have largely dismissed the entire genre, give or take a few outliers)

Before I get into the ones I liked (because there are a fair amount that won me over), I must ask what the hell some of you are smoking losing your minds over that Hot In Herre Cover, because it sounds absolute dogshit to me, easily the worst song in the whole tournament so far (no offense ari)...

Were a couple of others that just didn't quite grab me for whatever reason, but plenty I really liked, so time for the positive feedback...

(14-06-2022, 06:50 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman  - Billy Strings - I Washed My Hands in Muddy Water
Original Artist: Stonewall Jackson

@Wichita Lineman its a shame that the audio quality is on the grainy side because this is probably my favourite in this round, certainly my favourite of the ones in contention anyway (think the Loser's Lounge was on fire today to be fair, but certainly on a par with the best ones over there)

(14-06-2022, 06:53 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - Antisober14 - When The man Comes Around
Original Artist: Johnny Cash

@aaronjennings decent cover, doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but it doesn't have to, and I enjoyed it just for what it was, so Thanks given

(14-06-2022, 06:54 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - Schmitty Music - Gods Country
Original Artist: Blake Shelton

@Spears bigging it up so much last night might be your downfall, because I nearly didn't Thank this simply because it failed to live up to the expectations you had set. I'm a fan of the original though and its a decent cover, so I gave it the nod afterall. If you're gonna talk a big game, you gotta be confident you can back it up...  Tongue

(14-06-2022, 06:54 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - Gypsy Kings - Hotel California
Original Artist: The Eagles

@lorcand1990 enjoy the spin Gypsy Kings put on it, decent cover, nothing much more to add than that.

(14-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - White Stripes - Jolene
Original Artist: Dolly Parton

@E.N. solid cover of possibly the GREATEST Country song ever written, what more could one ask for?

(14-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Kol Wrote: @jp liz v1  - Little Big Town - Independence day
Original Artist: Martina McBride

@jp liz v1 don't think I know the original version, but I love Little Big Town and this is just a class performance. Easily one of my favourites of this round.

(14-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - The Petersens - Country Roads
Original Artist: John Denver

@Leg End Reject have never heard a version of this song that I don't like, and that fact remains the same after hearing this one. Another of my top tier favourites this round.

(14-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Kol Wrote: @Jluv  - Lady Antebellum - You're Still The One
Original Artist: Shania Twain

@Jluv Enjoy a bit of Lady A, and honestly You're Still The One was one of my favourite songs as a kid when it came out, and I don't listen to it all that often anymore, so this got me right in the nostalgia bone... pac 

(14-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Kol Wrote: @Declan A Walsh  - Elbow - Witchita Lineman
Original Artist: Glen Campbell

@Declan A Walsh Is that Paul Rudd waving his arms about at the very beginning? Anyway, really loved this one, a beautiful cover and probably my overall favourite of the round (bit of a toss up between this and Little Big Town - Independence Day, so was super close for my top spot)

(14-06-2022, 04:04 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Before I get into the ones I liked (because there are a fair amount that won me over), I must ask what the hell some of you are smoking losing your minds over that Hot In Herre Cover, because it sounds absolute dogshit to me, easily the worst song in the whole tournament so far (no offense ari)...
I'm glad you said that cause I thought I was taking crazy pills or something with all the votes it was getting pac

Its just a guy singing with a slapstick county voice.. hey, this rant thing is catching on!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 14-06-2022

No offence taken to any ones views of my Marmite choice, I'm surprised so many like it as much as they do 😆 I really enjoy it, it makes me giggle because it is a bit overdone, but also nostalgic for my youth hearing the original in clubs 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 14-06-2022

So today my favourites were,
Deja Crazy...it just may be my party piece after a few wines🎤🎤
Rsoaps Telescope. First time I played it the video and vocals weren't in sync (no idea why). I'm not familiar with the song so looked up the original then came back and played the cover and it worked correctly this time. Loved it..
Sephs Friends in Low Places... honestly expected to hate it but I did actually enjoy it.

JPLiz won the losers lounge for me today..

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 14-06-2022

Worse than that Maroon 5 cover yesterday... Or your own Lipstick monstrositypac

[Image: trash-opinion.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 05:40 PM)Necro Wrote: Worse than that Maroon 5 cover yesterday... Or your own Lipstick monstrositypac

This coming from the judge who wouldn't know talent if it came up and kicked him in his high waisted jeaned ass... How much did you have to pay Simon Cowell to go to his School Of How To Be A Useless Talent Show Judge and to copy his trademark look?  Tongue