A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 13-06-2022

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 200.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 13-06-2022

@ari101 I thought that was incredible!  Heart I had goosebumps all the way through.
I'm hopeless with movies but if I'm correct, this song is from The Greatest Showman? I usually can't stand musicals but I loved the songs in that movie. 

@DejaBoo That cover was nice n' ol but it was just too slow for moi. I loose interest & can't stay focused with songs like this x

@aaronjennings Cutest thing ever! Big Grin  I've seen this before and it would melt your heart. Once more, Spears doesn't like broody. I'm hoping there's no more carry on like this for the rest of thegame now Wink

@E.N. I loved this cover! wasn't as keen on the lady singing. She had a lovely sweet voice but I felt it didn't hold up well with yer mans voice. Still, I loved it. 
It's a cover I'd listen to over and pver. It was my favurite of the whole game so far!

Great find @Sephiroth_Dude! That was your strongest submission I think. I love Christina and miss hearing her sing. Well done. I enjoyed that cover.

Losers lounge/The Green room  Heart

@jp liz v1 That was a lovely cover. I don't know the song, don't know the singer, and most likely don't know the movie it came from lol. It was lovely to listen to.

Two thumbs up to @Butty Brennan really enjoyed that performance

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 13-06-2022

[Image: plane-father.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Spears Wrote: @ari101 I thought that was incredible!  Heart I had goosebumps all the way through.
I'm hopeless with movies but if I'm correct, this song is from The Greatest Showman? I usually can't stand musicals but I loved the songs in that movie. 

@DejaBoo That cover was nice n' ol but it was just too slow for moi. I loose interest & can't stay focused with songs like this x

@aaronjennings Cutest thing ever! Big Grin  I've seen this before and it would melt your heart. Once more, Spears doesn't like broody. I'm hoping there's no more carry on like this for the rest of thegame now Wink

@E.N. I loved this cover! wasn't as keen on the lady singing. She had a lovely sweet voice but I felt it didn't hold up well with yer mans voice. Still, I loved it. 
It's a cover I'd listen to over and pver. It was my favurite of the whole game so far!

Great find @Sephiroth_Dude! That was your strongest submission I think. I love Christina and miss hearing her sing. Well done. I enjoyed that cover.

Losers lounge/The Green room  Heart

@jp liz v1 That was a lovely cover. I don't know the song, don't know the singer, and most likely don't know the movie it came from lol. It was lovely to listen to.

Two thumbs up to @Butty Brennan really enjoyed that performance

I was certain you would have thought the casiopea song I picked was the strongest 🤔

😛

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Spears Wrote: @ari101 I thought that was incredible!  Heart I had goosebumps all the way through.

Yes, I haven't seen the movie but I really like the song, goosies all the way! As others have pointed out she is very true to the original (movie version as opposed to the Kelly Clarkson promotional version) but I still think it is fab 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Spears Wrote: @E.N. I loved this cover! wasn't as keen on the lady singing. She had a lovely sweet voice but I felt it didn't hold up well with yer mans voice. Still, I loved it. 
Can you tell the rest of these heathens? 🤣

So lorcand is one point ahead of me...

...I've thanked his

...but not mine...

😝

(13-06-2022, 07:20 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I was certain you would have thought the casiopea song I picked was the strongest 🤔

😛

At this point, I can safely say, I will never think a Casiopea song is a strong submission   Big Grin Big Grin Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 13-06-2022

[Image: ylTMkvO.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 07:45 PM)Spears Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 07:20 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I was certain you would have thought the casiopea song I picked was the strongest 🤔

😛

At this point, I can safely say, I will never think a Casiopea song is a strong submission   Big Grin Big Grin Wink

I see..............

*takes out little black book and add spears name to it*

Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 13-06-2022

I know I'm not a judge, but Ari won that round for me, just beautful. Smile Game over, as soon as she started singing.

'n Aaron - that vid was sweeeeet! awwh Smile

(13-06-2022, 07:23 PM)ari101 Wrote: Yes, I haven't seen the movie but I really like the song, goosies all the way! As others have pointed out she is very true to the original (movie version as opposed to the Kelly Clarkson promotional version) but I still think it is fab 🙂

I'm in the minority here, but I don't think a cover needs to always sound different from the original. It can sometimes be interesting to change it up, but it's nice to hear someone sing the song just as it is aswel.

I'm a creature of habit  Tongue

(13-06-2022, 07:47 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:  

I see..............

*takes out little black book and add spears name to it*

Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]

Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 07:38 PM)E.N. Wrote: So lorcand is one point ahead of me...

...I've thanked his

...but not mine...

😝
Unthank him and thank your own!
[Image: dog-smirk.gif]

🤣🤣🤣

(13-06-2022, 07:59 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 07:38 PM)E.N. Wrote: So lorcand is one point ahead of me...

...I've thanked his

...but not mine...

😝
Unthank him and thank your own!

🤣🤣🤣
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgmilkwnzu6mx0r00yd...y.gif&ct=g]

(13-06-2022, 08:01 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 07:59 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Unthank him and thank your own!

🤣🤣🤣
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgmilkwnzu6mx0r00yd...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: eh-meh.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 13-06-2022

The votes have been counted.

@E.N.  and @lorcand1990

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpUe-5lEGkHbdHMrOUX-w...g&usqp=CAU]

E.N.  - Silversun Pickups - Cry Little Sister

lorcand1990 - The Lemonheads - Mrs Robinson

Over to our judges @Necro @nothing @ShaneU

Please tell us who you want to send home and your reason why

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 13-06-2022

[Image: well-waiting.gif]

Edit: Just snuck in there Kol well played.

Wasn't mad about either of these. Never heard the original version of E.N.'s song so nothing to compare it to but the performance is good. Much more familiar with Mrs Robinson but the performance isn't great.  Tonight I'm sending home

SpoilerShow Content

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 13-06-2022

Well given that lorc was in my enjoyed group and EN was not my cup of tea, I have to send EN home

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 13-06-2022

How is Wichita not here with that butchering of Happy by Adam whatshisface?

[Image: where-does-it-end-with-you-people-crazy.gif]

Anyways it's a straight up fight between lorcand and EN.

One entry I thought was ok and the other I wasn't much a fan of.

So unfortunately I have to send EN home this evening.

[Image: drop-the-mic-mic-drop.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 07:50 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm in the minority here, but I don't think a cover needs to always sound different from the original. It can sometimes be interesting to change it up, but it's nice to hear someone sing the song just as it is aswel.

I'm a creature of habit  Tongue

Totally agree, especially if it's a difficult song to perform. I'm just judging songs as they are, not comparing them to the originals to see how close they are or how far outside the box they are. Now if I already know the original and have a baseline for how it 'should' sound, I will have a better idea of where they are sticking to the original and where they are deviating, but I'm not really taking either of those factors heavily into account

How do ties work again? Is it a count back on overall votes from previous rounds?

Our top voted song tonight is @aaronjennings  with Claire Ryann and Dad - You've Got a Friend In Me

Well done Aaron, I'm sure you knew what you were doing picking that one.

(13-06-2022, 08:15 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: How do ties work again? Is it a count back on overall votes from previous rounds?
You're through and Nitters is on his way to the losers lounge.

(13-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 08:15 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: How do ties work again? Is it a count back on overall votes from previous rounds?
You're through and Nitters is on his way to the losers lounge.
Oh yeah but wasn't there 4 of us on 6 votes?

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 08:19 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: You're through and Nitters is on his way to the losers lounge.
Oh yeah but wasn't there 4 of us on 6 votes?

I believe it goes on most votes cast so the top 2 in that event would avoid the judges decision.

(13-06-2022, 08:19 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Oh yeah but wasn't there 4 of us on 6 votes?

Countback on just the previous round, I believe

Hard luck, Nitters but welcome to the losers lounge. Don't worry, we're all still sober.

[Image: mimosa-drinking.gif]

Hard luck @E.N. you were a formidable foe!

Going home tonight, I mean headed to the loser lounge bar, hide the drink folks, is @E.N.  Thanks for playing EN please make yourself at home in the LL.

To play us out is Gerard McMan - Cry Little Sister

Tomorrow is Country week

Please keep it down in the LL, we had complaints from the MS Paint group of excessive noise the last few nights.

See you all tomorrow.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 13-06-2022

Hard luck @E.N., sorry to lose you from the competition, won't be the same without you in the running...

Count the votes from the previous round, if they were the same, I go back another round until I get a break. If there was no break we would have 3 or 4 facing the music. Don't think that will ever happen though.

Sorry to lose you EN. I thought you had one of the better songs today, so based on today's song and your overall performance, I think you can consider yourself unlucky

On the plus side, I hear the margaritas in the LL are to die for Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 13-06-2022

Hard luck EN! We'll have a drink waiting for ya..

WHAT!!!  shock @E.N. went out on my favourite song!??  Sad

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also, for the first time in the game, I can confidently say my tomorrow's song is amazing!

It was my least liked, & least known category and it was the song I listened to the most from my own submissions  Shy

(On a separate note, my favourite genre was the one I struggled with the most! don't know what I was at  Dodgy)

(13-06-2022, 09:58 PM)Spears Wrote: Also, for the first time in the game, I can confidently say my tomorrow's song is amazing!

It was my least liked, & least known category and it was the song I listened to the most from my own submissions  Shy
We'll be the judge of that! Tongue

(13-06-2022, 09:58 PM)Spears Wrote: Also, for the first time in the game, I can confidently say my tomorrow's song is amazing!

(On a separate note, my favourite genre was the one I struggled with the most! don't know what I was at  Dodgy)
This will be you in 24 hours time being dragged to the losers lounge  Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bam8imfu5dt25e3axbf...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: disappointed-zac-efron.gif]

Genuinely quite surprised I got knocked out with that song, I think it's absolutely brilliant. At least I know I'm right Wink

I also notice I was the only one of the four at the bottom who hadn't thanked their own song. Going down with honour 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 13-06-2022

Welcome  @E.N.

A vampire cocktail for you 

[Image: Vampires-Kiss-Cocktail-005.jpg]