A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 12-06-2022

🍸🍹🍷🥂 for the losers lounge!!!
@Leg End Reject I'll stand you a beverage for that horrendous cover (sorry I could not listen to it all 😳) when we get a Foggies night out!!???!!!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 12-06-2022

Welcome @Leg End Reject

[Image: B3PCVYHIQAAqXLC?format=jpg&name=900x900]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 12-06-2022

Completely missed today 🙈

Spent the day trying to shake a hangover and rebuild my brain. Got a bit carried away celebrating Ireland's win last night!

On the plus side, I got a lot of fresh air today, I needed it

I only just scraped through, I see. But through is through, and I'm knocking the movie round out of the park tomorrow 😉

Unlucky @Leg End Reject
Well, I say unlucky, I haven't listened to your pick and from the comments above you may have deserved it 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 12-06-2022

Liz, Jluv and I:
[Image: bad-moms-fall-down.gif]

Butty:
[Image: man.gif]

Declan when we want another drink:
[Image: scared.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 12-06-2022

^ that was @Leg End Reject when she entered the losers lounge.. 

We've since been sent footage of her being sent to bed for her carry on during her celebrations.

I did warn you Leggyless Tongue

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 12-06-2022

Butty was in charge of drinks  Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 13-06-2022

[Image: gw1Q8XE.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Wichita Lineman - 13-06-2022

I also missed the days music and no I wasnt hungover. Just a lot busier than expected.

Delighted to still be involved. Should be ok to check all tomorrows entries out.

[Image: happyhour-minions.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - DejaBoo - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 02:03 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: I also missed the days music and no I wasnt hungover. Just a lot busier than expected.

Delighted to still be involved. Should be ok to check all tomorrows entries out.

[Image: happyhour-minions.gif]
Big Grin Moooooovies be next, right up your proverbial alley, Mistur Dubya ...I expect greatness from ye  pac

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 13-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 10:42 PM)E.N. Wrote: I only just scraped through, I see. But through is through, and I'm knocking the movie round out of the park tomorrow 😉
Well that's a sure-fire way to make sure nobody votes for you today  Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 13-06-2022

[Image: 1_BHR_nec051019Strictly_01JPG.jpg]

Today's theme: Movie week

Voting closes at 8pm
The 2 acts with the lowest votes will face the music

@Spears  - Lewis Capaldi - Shallow
Original Artist: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper

@ari101  - Helene Fischer - Never Enough
Original Artist: Loren Allred

@lorcand1990  - The Lemonheads - Mrs Robinson
Original Artist: Simon and Garfunkle

@DejaBoo  - Daniela Andrade - Moon River
Original Artist: Audrey Heptburn

@aaronjennings  - Claire Ryann and Dad - You've Got a Friend In Me
Original Artist: Randy Newman

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - The Wind And The Wave - Don't You Forget About Me
Original Artist: Simple Minds

@E.N.  - Silversun Pickups - Cry Little Sister
Original Artist: Gerard McMahon

@Sephiroth_Dude  - Christina Aguilera - I Have Nothing
Original Artist: Whitney Houston

@Wichita Lineman  - Maroon 5 - Happy
Original Artist: Pharrell

Songs that didn't qualify for this round

@jp liz v1  - Charles Wesley Godwin - The Weary Kind
Original Artist: Ryan Bingham

@Butty Brennan  - Welsh of The West End's - From Now On
Original Artist: Jeremy Jordan

@Leg End Reject  - Kixykiixykix - Bitch
Original Artist: Meredith Brook

@Jluv  - Lady Gaga - New York, New York
Original Artist: Frank Sinatra

@Declan A Walsh  - Radiohead - Nobody Does it Better
Original Artist: Carly Simon

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 13-06-2022

I'm not loving a lot of these. Confused

My favorite is Declan's, and that's not because he's now my barman.

There's 2 I hate the original of and some of the covers just don't work for me. My own entry is again the worst.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 07:55 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm not loving a lot of these. Confused

My favorite is Declan's, and that's not because he's now my barman.

There's 2 I hate the original of and some of the covers just don't work for me. My own entry is again the worst.

Same 🖐️😁 +1 for Declan, and though I thought the quality of your recording not great, it's not my least fav cover.
It can be hard to see past songs you don't like.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 13-06-2022

Looks like I might be in a bit of bother here.. Should I go for the 'poor little me' or 'rant' tactic? Hmm while I decide I think I'll just post up a song to sum things up & hope it gets more votes than my actual entry  Smile

@lorcand1990, I like The Lemonheads recorded version of that song (and the original), but the singer isn't great live.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - E.N. - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 07:20 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - Lewis Capaldi - Shallow
Original Artist: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
I don't like the song or the singer, so I had low expectations but this is really good

(13-06-2022, 07:22 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - The Lemonheads - Mrs Robinson
Original Artist: Simon and Garfunkle
You're getting a thanks for the nostalgia hit, I loved this version back in the day!

(13-06-2022, 07:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - Claire Ryann and Dad - You've Got a Friend In Me
I mean, you're basically cheating by having a cute kid sing a song from Toy Story, but have your thanks Tongue

The rest, I could appreciate that they were good but they just didn't grab me...

...or they were Maroon 5 🤣

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Declan A Walsh - 13-06-2022

@lorcand1990 I for one liked that whacky live version of The Lemonheads' Mrs Robinson so I gave it a vote!

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - The Wind And The Wave - Don't You Forget About Me. While liking a lot of stuff by Simple Minds, including some of their earlier more raw new wave stuff, I was never mad about this particular song at all. Therefore, it is quite an achievement to come up with a cover version arrangement that I like, which you did! Easily gets my vote for that reason alone.

@E.N. - you might consider voting for your own entry like other people do: it could be crucial!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 13-06-2022

Will be after 5 before I get to have a listen, working in office today 😩

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 13-06-2022

Only a handful left much of an impression on me today. Was hoping to see a few more iconic movie songs make an appearance, the likes of Ghostbusters or Eye Of The Tiger or You're The Best from The Karate Kid, and there were an awful lot of slower numbers today instead which didn't really grab me. 

Even Adam Levine is up there singing about being "Happy", but sounds like he's just been told his dog died.

(13-06-2022, 07:22 AM)Kol Wrote: @DejaBoo  - Daniela Andrade - Moon River
Original Artist: Audrey Heptburn

@DejaBoo forget what I just said about slow numbers failing to grab me, because there are exceptions to every rule and this is one of them. Love the original, but this cover is gorgeous. Song of the round for me.

(13-06-2022, 07:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - Claire Ryann and Dad - You've Got a Friend In Me

@aaronjennings never been mad about this song, always thought it was a tad overrated (although after a few drinks, I'd defo be singing along to it if I heard it), and I had every intention of hating this, but the stupid kid won me over and she absolutely nailed the harmony at the end, so props where props are due and all that...

(13-06-2022, 07:24 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - Silversun Pickups - Cry Little Sister
Original Artist: Gerard McMahon

@E.N. this was a bit of a tough one because I love the original version and I like everything I've heard from Silversun Pickups before, but that just means there are high expectations on my end, and it didn't really come close to living up to them, but on the otherhand would I go and listen to this cover again... absolutely I would, so Thanks awarded.

(13-06-2022, 07:28 AM)Kol Wrote: @Declan A Walsh  - Radiohead - Nobody Does it Better
Original Artist: Carly Simon

@Declan A Walsh only one from the Elimination Room that grabbed me at all, would like to think this would've done well if it were still in contention, but very few people around here that give Radiohead the respect they deserve so who knows how it might have fared... Great choice though...

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 10:42 AM)E.N. Wrote: I mean, you're basically cheating by having a cute kid sing a song from Toy Story, but have your thanks Tongue

I was looking forward to this round, I knew the emotional blackmail would be too strong to resist Big Grin

Between Ari and Seph for best song of the day for me

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 13-06-2022

Sigh, not sure if I'm just extra moody today...

Would Listen Again
Deja

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
Lorc, RSOAPS, seph

Not my cup of tea
Spears, ari, aaron, EN, wichy

In The Losers Lounge - Declan and jluvs choices were great!

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 13-06-2022

It needs cleaning

[Image: vKZc6EZ.png]

Can't stand the original Moon River so the cover does nothing for me unfortunately! It's boring as feck!

Seph's should basically be called 'Whitney Medley' - it's multiple songs rolled into one video!! And I'm taking points off for Aguilera butchering I Will Always Love You.

I absolutely loved ari's entry but it's a carbon copy of the original - in fact the Necro household had an argument that it wasn't the original singer (I won, naturally)!

I was surprised that I enjoyed Lewis Capaldi tbh as I have no time for him normally.

Lorcan's entry isn't that bad, surprised it's getting less love than most, especially given Seph subjected us to nearly 8 mins of Xtina/Christina/whatever she's calling herself these days!

Overall tbh the standard is quite bad this round, if I'm honest.

@Kol let's have a double elimination and spice things up  Tongue

[Image: simon-cowell-thats-a-no.gif]

(13-06-2022, 05:42 PM)Necro Wrote: Seph's should basically be called 'Whitney Medley' - it's multiple songs rolled into one video!! And I'm taking points off for Aguilera butchering I Will Always Love You.

Just to be clear, the Christina song is only for the I Have Nothing song, I hope @Sephiroth_Dude agrees with that. I thought I had a time stamp in the video though I must have forgot, I do apologise. Please judge it on that song only.

Necro is the new Butty after that rant. 🤭

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 05:56 PM)Kol Wrote:
(13-06-2022, 05:42 PM)Necro Wrote: Seph's should basically be called 'Whitney Medley' - it's multiple songs rolled into one video!! And I'm taking points off for Aguilera butchering I Will Always Love You.

Just to be clear, the Christina song is only for the I Have Nothing song, I hope @Sephiroth_Dude agrees with that. I thought I had a time stamp in the video though I must have forgot, I do apologise. Please judge it on that song only.

Wait what ? I don't agree with that, that's what the brown paper envelope was for !

Tongue Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 13-06-2022

(13-06-2022, 05:42 PM)Necro Wrote: Can't stand the original Moon River so the cover does nothing for me unfortunately! It's boring as feck!

Seph's should basically be called 'Whitney Medley' - it's multiple songs rolled into one video!! And I'm taking points off for Aguilera butchering I Will Always Love You.

I absolutely loved ari's entry but it's a carbon copy of the original - in fact the Necro household had an argument that it wasn't the original singer (I won, naturally)!

I was surprised that I enjoyed Lewis Capaldi tbh as I have no time for him normally.

Lorcan's entry isn't that bad, surprised it's getting less love than most, especially given Seph subjected us to nearly 8 mins of Xtina/Christina/whatever she's calling herself these days!

Overall tbh the standard is quite bad this round, if I'm honest.

@Kol let's have a double elimination and spice things up  Tongue

[Image: simon-cowell-thats-a-no.gif]

Someone give necro a snickers  Tongue

(13-06-2022, 06:13 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Necro is the new Butty after that rant. 🤭

[Image: greys-anatomy-callie-torres.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 13-06-2022

[Image: 389yESRXketn.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 13-06-2022

My favourites today

Deja, beautiful, loved it.
Aaron awwwww..loved it and the little girl put a smile on my face.
Spears, loved the song when I first heard it but started to hate it when I would hear it every two mins. But I really liked this cover.

Declan wins the losers lounge for me. Love the original and love this version.