A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show (/showthread.php?tid=331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Kol - 12-06-2022

@E.N.  - Pet Shop Boys  - Where The Streets Have No Name
Original Artist: U2

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Allie Sherlock - Time After Time
Original Artist: Cyndi Lauper

@aaronjennings  - SOLABROS - Amanda
Original Artist: Boston

@Wichita Lineman    - Hidden Senses - Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
Original Artist: Eurythmics

@lorcand1990  - First to Eleven - Sweet Child O'Mine
Original Artist: Guns 'N Roses

@DejaBoo - Dave Fenley - Stuck On You
Original Artist: Lionel Richie

Songs that didn't qualify for this round

@Declan A Walsh  - Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Original Artist: Michael Jackson

@Butty Brennan  - Adam Levine - Purple Rain
Original Artist: Prince

@jp liz v1  - Jennel Garcia - What's Love Got To Do With It?
Original Artist: Tine Turner

@Jluv  - Gabby Barrett - Don't Stop Believin
Original Artist: Journey

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 12-06-2022

Lots of good covers today 🙂

I even voted for some Gold Lame Line Dancing Cowboys, what is the world coming to? 🤣

Not familiar with aaronjennings' song before now but that's great, must look up the original.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 12-06-2022

Enjoyed Spears, EN's, RSOAPS, and Wichita's.

Favorite was definitely saved till last though and that's Deja's entry, great ould version by Dave. His voice is excellent.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Butty Brennan - 12-06-2022

Spears, Deja and Jluv have really hit the mark for me.
Hon mention to Aaron's too which is really good.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 12-06-2022

im gone tonight anyway based on the voting so far

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Leg End Reject - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 11:05 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: im gone tonight anyway based on the voting so far
I think I'll save your ass Sephers. 😁

I really like Butty's song in this round.

(12-06-2022, 11:05 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: im gone tonight anyway based on the voting so far
The band were good but Jared's vocals scuppered the song, he seemed to be straining at times.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - nothing - 12-06-2022

I do love an 80s tune 

Would listen again
Ari, spears, lorc

Enjoyed it but wouldn't seek it out
EN, RSOAPS, aaron, wichy, deja

Not my cup of tea
Leggy, seph

Ah, Seph, brilliant song but brutal singing

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - lorcand1990 - 12-06-2022

Strong round today I thought,  I enjoyed most of those so was more just down to personal preference on style that got my votes

Spears and deja are the best for me today, but the majority of songs you could make an argument for.. one or two I really didn't like but I won't name names yet  Smile

(12-06-2022, 11:31 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Strong round today I thought,  I enjoyed most of those so was more just down to personal preference on style that got my votes

Spears and deja are the best for me today, but the majority of songs you could make an argument for.. one or two I really didn't like but I won't name names yet  Smile
Go on Lorcand, you're at your aunties. Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Spears - 12-06-2022

@ari101 Great song choice. There are so many great covers of this song too. Corey Taylor(of Slipknot/Stone Sour) does a lovely version of it too. 
I actually entered this cover in Series 1, so for that reason, I'm not gonna vote for it in this round x

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick another great cover by that girl in this round. 
Did anybody spot the little girl in the backround enjoying the performance? At 1.37 she starts clapping to the song. It was adorable  Smile (it would make one broody. & Spears doesn't like broody! But still, it was so so cute)

@aaronjennings I don't know the original song, but thta was a solid cover. I enjoyed that one.

@Wichita Lineman Loved this! Loved how stripped back the cover was. It was mesmerising. I'd say that cover would be lovely to listen to in a concert. My favourite of the round. Another great song choice from you. Well done  Shy

Losers lounge/The Green room  Heart

@Declan A Walsh Mam entered this song choice into Series 1 and it was decided ( Tongue ) that the AAF's studio version is a banger of a tune, but the live version isn't liked as much. If your votes were still being counted, you may have been disappointed. But great song choice nonetheless.

@Jluv I'm sorry but I kinda hated this if I'm honest. She murdered the song imo. & it was cringe when she put the mic to the audience, and there wasn't any singing coming back to her lol.
On a positive note, her dress was fab  Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 12-06-2022

I'm enjoying them all today

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Sephiroth_Dude - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 11:10 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
I think I'll save your ass Sephers. 😁

My hero! 

[Image: hero-youre-my-hero.gif]

Tongue

(12-06-2022, 12:56 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I'm enjoying them all today
Mostly good but I hope there are no more Allie Sherlock songs coming up. She's not my cup of tea.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - aaronjennings - 12-06-2022

I really liked Lorcan's one, I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes but that was definitely my favourite today

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - RSOAPS - 12-06-2022

"You're getting feedback, you're getting feedback, everybody's getting feedback!!!"... whether you want it or not...  Tongue

Think this may have been the strongest round so far, and there were only a small few that didn't win me over enough for a thanks today...

(12-06-2022, 07:18 AM)Kol Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude  - Band Geek - We Built This City
Original Artist: Starship

@Sephiroth_Dude it's got a few issues with the vocals, especially in the beginning, but ultimately I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and the fun factor won me over enough to warrant a thank.

(12-06-2022, 07:18 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - HSCC - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

@Spears at the best of times I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, sometimes I adore it and other times it's like nails on a challboard to my ears, so perhaps that factors into my decision to leave this cover out of my Thankings today, but objectively I just think it's an incredibly "meh" cover... Its certainly not bad, but just not bringing anything new or interesting to the table, the vocals aren't even anything special... Can't really figure out why it's getting such adoration from the voters, but you're clearly safe today anyway, my vote won't make any difference...

(12-06-2022, 07:19 AM)Kol Wrote: @Leg End Reject  - Patti Smith - Beds Are Burning
Original Artist: Midnight Oil

@Leg End Reject really wanted to like this one, as I love Beds Are Burning as a song, and have always enjoyed Patti Smith as a singer, but the combo of the two simply isn't working for me this time around...

(12-06-2022, 07:19 AM)Kol Wrote: @ari101  - London Grammar - Wicked Game
Original Artist: Chris Isaak

@ari101 very familiar with this cover, always been a big fan of it, so couldn't not vote for it... If I was hearing it for the first time, it might be my pick of the day, but due to the overfamiliarity a couple of other songs made a bit more of an impact...

(12-06-2022, 07:20 AM)Kol Wrote: @E.N.  - Pet Shop Boys  - Where The Streets Have No Name
Original Artist: U2

@E.N. usually love a bit of Pet Shop Boys, but Where The Streets Have No Name has never appealed to me as a song and this cover does nothing to change my mind on that unfortunately

(12-06-2022, 07:21 AM)Kol Wrote: @aaronjennings  - SOLABROS - Amanda
Original Artist: Boston

@aaronjennings have definitely heard Amanda a few times, but wouldn't be overly familiar with the song, really loved this cover though, only just missing out on a spot in my Top 3 of the day.

(12-06-2022, 07:22 AM)Kol Wrote: @Wichita Lineman    - Hidden Senses - Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
Original Artist: Eurythmics

@Wichita Lineman really great cover of a really great song, also loved the aesthetic of them recording it in a tunnel, great selection...

(12-06-2022, 07:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @lorcand1990  - First to Eleven - Sweet Child O'Mine
Original Artist: Guns 'N Roses

@lorcand1990 had First To Eleven covers shortlisted for a few of my selections in the competition, but didn't use any of them in the end. Hadn't listened to this particular cover before as I have a bit of an aversion to Guns 'N Roses, but really liked this cover, vastly elevated the song for me, and its my favourite of the songs still in contention... Only my third favourite of the round overall, as two of the eliminated competitors earned my Top 2 of the day, but it was a high standard today to begin with...

(12-06-2022, 07:23 AM)Kol Wrote: @DejaBoo  - Dave Fenley - Stuck On You
Original Artist: Lionel Richie

@DejaBoo as I was listening through some of the other songs, I was reading ahead to some of the comments and was seeing some high praise for this one, so I had high expectations as I hit play, and it just didn't live up to the hype for me in the end, but its still a decent enough cover and Dave has a great voice, so when all is said and done 'tis worthy of a Thanks

(12-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: @Declan A Walsh  - Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Original Artist: Michael Jackson

@Declan A Walsh the studio recording of this cover was certainly a highlight of my early teens and the AAF cover will always hold a special place in my heart, this live performance however sadly will not.

(12-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: @Butty Brennan  - Adam Levine - Purple Rain
Original Artist: Prince

@Butty Brennan Purple Rain is such an iconic song, that I went into this expecting the worst, because even though I like Adam Levine, I just figured he'd absolutely butcher it, so I was surprised that I really loved the performance and this was my second favourite of the entire round. Nice pick.

(12-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: @jp liz v1  - Jennel Garcia - What's Love Got To Do With It?
Original Artist: Tine Turner

@jp liz v1 winner winner chicken dinner. My absolute favourite of the whole round, 'tis a shame you were eliminated from the game before this had a chance to shine in the competition proper.

(12-06-2022, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: @Jluv  - Gabby Barrett - Don't Stop Believin
Original Artist: Journey

@Jluv decent enough effort from Gabby Barrett here, but its a tough song to do justice and I've yet to hear anyone do it better than Journey themselves, but this was enjoyable.

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ShaneU - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 02:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I really liked Lorcan's one, I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes but that was definitely my favourite today

Probably because she starts waffling on about hot dogs to her live chat in the middle of the song

Dejaboo #1 today

(12-06-2022, 11:36 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 11:31 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Strong round today I thought,  I enjoyed most of those so was more just down to personal preference on style that got my votes

Go on Lorcand, you're at your aunties. Wink
Even worse, I'm at the mother in laws!! (That's tongue in cheek, MIL is actually really nice

(12-06-2022, 03:09 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 02:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I really liked Lorcan's one, I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes but that was definitely my favourite today

Probably because she starts waffling on about hot dogs to her live chat in the middle of the song

Dejaboo #1 today
I thought that might get me some more votes!!

I was between that version and one from a concert with terrible quality, so went for the better quality

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - jp liz v1 - 12-06-2022

It's good that @Kol puts up the eliminated contestants entries

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - ari101 - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 05:12 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: It's good that @Kol   puts up the eliminated contestants entries

Agreed, people did go to the effort of choosing a full set 🙂 (I'll be here some day no doubt hoping ye like my non competitive entries 🤣)

(12-06-2022, 02:39 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 07:18 AM)Kol Wrote: @Spears  - HSCC - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

@Spears at the best of times I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, sometimes I adore it and other times it's like nails on a challboard to my ears, so perhaps that factors into my decision to leave this cover out of my Thankings today, but objectively I just think it's an incredibly "meh" cover... Its certainly not bad, but just not bringing anything new or interesting to the table, the vocals aren't even anything special... Can't really figure out why it's getting such adoration from the voters, but you're clearly safe today anyway, my vote won't make any difference...

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I fully agree with the highlighted part.. hehe  Big Grin

I chose the cover simply because I do love the original song and wanted it in the game Tongue

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 12-06-2022

Totally agree @jp liz v1 ! And I like that we can still play along.

My favourites today were Aaron, Ari and Deja.

From the eliminated choices my favourite was Butty..

(12-06-2022, 05:12 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: It's good that @Kol   puts up the eliminated contestants entries

(12-06-2022, 05:56 PM)ari101 Wrote:

Agreed, people did go to the effort of choosing a full set 🙂 (I'll be here some day no doubt hoping ye like my non competitive entries 🤣)

I wouldn't let you all go to the trouble of picking a full playlist without airing them Smile

I supose in an ideal world we could run it round by round were you only nominate for one round at a time though that would take forever and some might go awol thats why I insist you are all in from the start.

I spent the last while going over Series 1. 

For anyone that wasn't around for it, you should really have a look over the reveal. It was a great game!!

Also, I probably should have mention earlier to any of the newbies in this series - The ''losers lounge'' that I've posted about was a reference to the first game. I hope I haven't offended anyone that has been voted out so far, with putting you in there  Heart  

The losers lounge was actually the place to be in the last game! 

It had some fantastic songs that had been submitted. And Deja had provided contestants with popcorn, then bowling, and then she even had cake for everyone!  Big Grin Tongue Wink

I wasn't intending to call anyone an actual loser. So apologies if it came across like that x

I definitely agree that the voted out contestants should still have their songs posted. 

There's a lot of effort put into finding the submissions so it's only fair they still be included in the game. 

Also, I'm sure everyone else still in the game would be wondering about the other songs submitted. I know I would  Shy

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Jluv - 12-06-2022

@Spears ... nope losers lounge is a great name for it!

(12-06-2022, 06:27 PM)Jluv Wrote: @Spears ... nope losers lounge is a great name for it!

Give credit/blame @DejaBoo for coming up with it!  Big Grin Big Grin Wink

RE: The FOG Factor - Series 2 - Live Show - Necro - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 05:56 PM)ari101 Wrote:

[Image: yikes-simon-cowell.gif]

(12-06-2022, 06:19 PM)Spears Wrote: I spent the last while going over Series 1. 

For anyone that wasn't around for it, you should really have a look over the reveal. It was a great game!!

Also, I probably should have mention earlier to any of the newbies in this series - The ''losers lounge'' that I've posted about was a reference to the first game. I hope I haven't offended anyone that has been voted out so far, with putting you in there  Heart  

It had some fantastic songs that had been submitted. And Deja had provided contestants with popcorn, then bowling, and then she even had cake for everyone!  Big Grin Tongue Wink

I wasn't intending to call anyone an actual loser. So apologies if it came across like that x
Huh Kol hasn't even offered us a cup of tea since I've been sent in here.  Sad

(12-06-2022, 07:13 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 06:19 PM)Spears Wrote: I spent the last while going over Series 1. 

Huh Kol hasn't even offered us a cup of tea since I've been sent in here.  Sad
What? 😤😡🤬

I'm confident I'll be joining you this evening and I was expecting complimentary nibbles and booze at a minimum.

Votes have been counted.

@Leg End Reject  and @Sephiroth_Dude

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpUe-5lEGkHbdHMrOUX-w...g&usqp=CAU]

Leggy  - Patti Smith - Beds Are Burning
Original Artist: Midnight Oil

Seph  - Band Geek - We Built This City

Over to our judges @Necro @nothing @ShaneU

Please tell us who you want to send home and your reason why.

C'mon Sephers!
[Image: kicking-girl.gif]