A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Walrus - The Return - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Walrus - The Return (/showthread.php?tid=302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sawduck - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:01 PM)Necro Wrote: And that leaves

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

AND

@Sawduck
Just like in round 1, that didn't end good for me though

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:02 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Thanks Spears - not many people like Country,, some of it is jus plain bad.  I am not a fan of old Western  (cringe) twang (which most people seem to like), guess I'm just backward!

...wait, there was a country walrus? how'd I miss that!!!  Angry

oooh cool, will look forward to Soapy Country songs!
Soapy seems to post 'modern type' country song that I don't cringe at lol.

Yeah I can't remember the name of the walrus host, it was a lady I think. and when I was looking up songs, it was all cowboy hats and old men  Sad . Torture. 

I did discover Luke Bryan through that research though. Sexy body on him  Tongue

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 21-04-2022

In 9th place with 4 points

SpoilerShow Content

BONES UK - Pretty Waste

…Look something had to finish last and while I liked the track I just didn’t find it fitting the category at all unfortunately. I found the song a bit annoying if I'm honest, sorry!

WHICH Means....

In FIRST place with 12 points

Sawduck

Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Wanna Stop

Again another perfect fit for the category, and an absolute choon to boot. Really enjoyed this after my initial ‘Ozzy freakin Osbourne in an exercise category?’ reaction. Looks can be deceiving…

RE: Walrus - The Return - DejaBoo - 21-04-2022

Necro, you must treadmill at break neck speed!

...great songs all!

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:08 PM)Necro Wrote:

SpoilerShow Content

BONES UK - Pretty Waste

…Look something had to finish last and while I liked the track I just didn’t find it fitting the category at all unfortunately. I found the song a bit annoying if I'm honest, sorry!

Well, as I often say when you disagree with me Necro, you are of course completely wrong... pac

(21-04-2022, 10:08 PM)Spears Wrote: Soapy seems to post 'modern type' country song that I don't cringe at lol.

Yeah I can't remember the name of the walrus host, it was a lady I think. and when I was looking up songs, it was all cowboy hats and old men  Sad . Torture. 

I did discover Luke Bryan through that research though. Sexy body on him  Tongue
Noice! 

Sorry I missed it. Maybe Soapy will do one here (fingers crossed)

lol, I get that! You should take a listen to Brett Eldredge - his voice is sooooo, le-sexeh!

Well done @Sawduck  Cool

The Scores:

So after three rounds it's incredibly close at the top...

NamePop Punk VS Nu MetalTheme SongExercise Song
Rachel Stevens12104
ShaneU1077
Trigger1146
JP Liz V18611
Sephiroth_dude585
Sawduck41112
Spears6128
Butty Brennan9510
Deja Boo799

NameTotal
Rachel Stevens26
ShaneU24
Trigger21
JP Liz V125
Sephiroth_dude18
Sawduck27
Spears26
Butty Brennan24
Deja Boo25

So even after a slip in round 1 Sawduck climbs to the top of the table by a single point. But Spears and R*Soaps are just a single point behind with Deja Boo and Liz a further point back. Butty and Shane are only three points off as well which makes the final round very exciting.  With 12 points on offer plus some bonus points on offer, it's all very much to play for yet!

Wildcard Finale

This was a chance to Freestyle and put your own finish on a Fab Four entries. As I said in the blurb there will be bonus points assigned for how I felt the four songs knitted together, and in particular the finish. We’ll get to that in a minute. As I didn’t submit an entry I don’t have any videos to share really so let’s chuck out some of my faves….

So crack open some wine/beer, strap yourselves in and the final round kicks off in about 10 mins!!

Great play! Thanks Necro! (I've no idea what I sent, this is too much fun!)

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sephiroth_Dude - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:10 PM)Necro Wrote:
WHICH Means....

Sawduck

Again another perfect fit for the category, and an absolute choon to boot. Really enjoyed this after my initial ‘Ozzy freakin Osbourne in an exercise category?’ reaction. Looks can be deceiving…

Great song, I first heard it on the radio of all places and went straight out and brought that album after hearing it.

In 8th Place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

Blue DeTiger - Hot Crush Lover

This feels a bit harsh because I quite liked the song, in fact I liked all the entries this round. I just didn’t like it as much as the songs above it.

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sawduck - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:21 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(21-04-2022, 10:10 PM)Necro Wrote:
WHICH Means....

Sawduck

Great song, I first heard it on the radio of all places and went straight out and brought that album after hearing it.

I first heard it in wwe sometime in the mid 2000s

In 7th place with 6 points

I wonder who pac

Can only be...

SpoilerShow Content

Runaway June - Buy My Own Drinks

Having enjoyed the country entries thus far I actually felt this was quite weak :/ It’s just a bit too generic, country gal singing about drinks. It’s grand like, just not fantastic either.

In 6th place with 7 points

SpoilerShow Content

Fluffy - Nothing

Digging the start of the track. Chorus is a bit crap though. Overall here is a fair shake for it.

In 5th place with 8 points

SpoilerShow Content

Fall Out Boy feat. Demi Lovato - Irresistible

I like Fall Out Boy and I like to look at Demi Lovato, so what’s not to love? Song is ok too I guess. Haha jokes aside this was a great choice.

(21-04-2022, 10:33 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 7th place with 6 points

I wonder who pac

Can only be...

SpoilerShow Content

Runaway June - Buy My Own Drinks
Having enjoyed the country entries thus far I actually felt this was quite weak :/ It’s just a bit too generic, country gal singing about drinks. It’s grand like, just not fantastic either.

Lol, and that was my fave entry of the game (of my songs anyway), soz Necro (eek!) Big Grin

In 4th place with 9 points

SpoilerShow Content

Bebe Rexha feat. Travis Barker - Break My Heart Myself

Another track that’s right up my alley, feat. Travis Barker seems to be a winner this Walrus pac

RE: Walrus - The Return - Trigger - 21-04-2022

Not liking where this is going 😬

Well done Soapy Big Grin great song!

In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

The Warning - CHOKE

Initially the start of this song put me off but then it properly kicks in and actually, I think this might have won the theme category, but erm… the entrant already won it soooooo….. The slow start crescendos to a kick ass chorus. Excellent choice.

RE: Walrus - The Return - ShaneU - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:30 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 8th Place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

Blue DeTiger - Hot Crush Lover

This feels a bit harsh because I quite liked the song, in fact I liked all the entries this round. I just didn’t like it as much as the songs above it.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47stb9gzvaod090h0ts1...y.gif&ct=g]

Yeah I won't bother entering these any more (not that anyone still does them) i'll stick to the never-ending one

In 2nd Place with 11 points

SpoilerShow Content

Rev Theory - Hell Yeah

Top few tracks in this round really were a class apart imo. Very difficult to decide between this and first place, loved them both a lot.

Which just leaves

@Trigger

AND

@Sephiroth_Dude

(15-04-2022, 06:02 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm proud of that @Sephiroth_Dude submission! 

It wasn't a Casiopeia song for once  Big Grin

About this... pac

SpoilerShow Content

Casiopea - Mid Manhattan

This was one that was previously submitted then sadly withdrawn from an older Walrus of mine. I think the lustre has gone from it though, I didn’t enjoy it as much this time around. That being said it’s pretty clear there’s an underlying theme to the entrant’s song choices Tongue

WHICH MEANS....

In FIRST Place with 12 points

Trigger

Five Finger Death Punch - Darkness Settles In

The band name suggested to me some sort of crazy wacky death metal, not gonna lie. So imagine my surprise when it’s not just a slower rock ballad type song, but a bloody brilliant one at that. Excellent choice.

RE: Walrus - The Return - Trigger - 21-04-2022

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95290989bab1d798d17b7...y.gif&ct=g]

Absolutely love that song, so delighted to share!

Scores after 4 Rounds:

NamePop Punk VS Nu MetalTheme SongExercise SongWildcard Finale
Rachel Stevens121049
ShaneU10775
Trigger114612
JP Liz V186118
Sephiroth_dude5854
Sawduck4111211
Spears612810
Butty Brennan95107
Deja Boo7996

NameTotal
Sawduck38
Spears36
Rachel Stevens35
Trigger33
JP Liz V133
Butty Brennan31
Deja Boo31
ShaneU29
Sephiroth_dude22

Sawduck is top of the pops after 4 rounds but only 2 points ahead of Spears and 3 ahead of Soapy... with bonus points still in play this is not over yet...

(21-04-2022, 10:55 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

The Warning - CHOKE

Initially the start of this song put me off but then it properly kicks in and actually, I think this might have won the theme category, but erm… the entrant already won it soooooo….. The slow start crescendos to a kick ass chorus. Excellent choice.

Definitely agree that the start isn't great. But after a few listens I loved the song.

I had another song I was gonna submit but I thought this song was a happy medium between what I like, and what I thought you might appreciate.

Delighted that you liked it  Shy

BONUS POINTS:

Basically I picked the 5 entries that I felt had a consistency to them across the Walrus. 5 points go to the best, 4 to the second, 3 to the third, 2 to the fourth and 1 to the fifth..

So while Sawduck leads here they can still be overtaken by 2 players (Soapy and Spears) or caught by 2 others (Trigger and Liz) with a maximum score!!

One Point goes to….

[Image: tumblr_mu8t6qhNTI1sqtmwpo1_250.gif]

R*SOAPS

The exercise song let this foursome down I felt, I just really didn’t like it. That being said, you gave me Hot Milk, Bebe Rexha (feat. Travis Barker of course) and Imagine Dragons so I’ll forgive you just this one time Tongue

I thought the four songs gelled well together and if I close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears I can ignore BONES UK  Confused

Two Points go to

[Image: tumblr_lvt4os9wja1r3ty02o1_500.gif]

SPEARS

Tried to take out song positioning in this bonus round as it was more about the overall four songs than anything. Thought there was a clear direction and tone to the entries from a few listens of all four across the board. The exercise song (Years and Years) is a little bit of a sojourn away from the other tracks but then it finishes on a high with The Warning.

(Added post game: The fact that you mentioned you just randomly picked the tracks gave me a giggle knowing this was coming at the end pac )

Three Points go to

[Image: 200.gif]

TRIGGER

Ha I kind of shit all over Superblood Wolfmoon but it doesn’t mean I don’t like the song, just that it didn’t fit the category. Steady tracks that are pretty much from the exact same genre throughout. Nice one!

(21-04-2022, 11:03 PM)Necro Wrote:
WHICH MEANS....

In FIRST Place with 12 points

Trigger

Five Finger Death Punch - Darkness Settles In

The band name suggested to me some sort of crazy wacky death metal, not gonna lie. So imagine my surprise when it’s not just a slower rock ballad type song, but a bloody brilliant one at that. Excellent choice.

(21-04-2022, 11:04 PM)Trigger Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95290989bab1d798d17b7...y.gif&ct=g]

Absolutely love that song, so delighted to share!

Best song of the whole game! Well deserved winner  Cool

Love Five Finger Death Punch.

Four Points go to

[Image: giphy.gif]

DEJA BOO

Brave souls enter four country songs into a Walrus, they also get rewarded in a bonus round for staying on point the whole way through! I didn’t think the Country Punk would work admittedly but it was a great start and I enjoyed the rest as well.

Five Points go to

[Image: giphy.gif]

SEPHIROTH DUDE

What can I say, the dude likes his crazy guitars pac I almost didn’t give you the max here because the exercise song (again lol) veers off track but Casiopea brings home the bacon. Thanks for entering!

(21-04-2022, 11:15 PM)Necro Wrote:
Two Points go to

SPEARS

Tried to take out song positioning in this bonus round as it was more about the overall four songs than anything. Thought there was a clear direction and tone to the entries from a few listens of all four across the board. The exercise song (Years and Years) is a little bit of a sojourn away from the other tracks but then it finishes on a high with The Warning.

(Added post game: The fact that you mentioned you just randomly picked the tracks gave me a giggle knowing this was coming at the end pac )

yeah I knew my exercise song wasn't fitting with my other submissions but I liked the song and said fcuk it, i'll loose out on the extra point  Big Grin

And so with the bonus points applied...

[Image: mark-wahlberg-wahlberg.gif]

Congratulations to @Sawduck and @Spears who finish in joint 1st place on 38 points!!

@Trigger and @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick round out our podium in joint third.

And of course @Sephiroth_Dude picks up the wooden spoon. But thank you all for entering, it's all a bit of fun at the end of the day  Big Grin

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 21-04-2022

Congrats @Sawduck and @Spears on the win...

Cheers for the game and reveal @Necro, fun as always...