A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Walrus - The Return - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Walrus - The Return (/showthread.php?tid=302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Walrus - The Return - Necro - 15-04-2022

Howdy folks,

I'm back with another Walrus! It's been a while since we had a music Walrus so I was keeping this one simple and we have NINE entrants (plus a bonus entry into the theme song category)

[Image: lllc1AK.gif]

I named four categories and nine of you sent me four songs, one for each category! The songs are then ranked in order of my own personal preference - most will disagree with my decisions and that's half the fun Big Grin

See below for the categories:

Pop Punk VS Nu-Metal
Your Theme Song
Song to Exercise to
The Grand Finale

As well as the four rounds I've added a special bonus round for how I felt the overall 4 songs gelled together.

So get ready because at 6pm this evening we're going for a DOUBLE ROUND REVEAL!! See you all then!

[Image: H5gXo1c.gif]

Our entrants:
  • Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
  • ShaneU
  • Trigger
  • JP Liz V1
  • Sephiroth_dude
  • Sawduck
  • Spears
  • Butty Brennan
  • Deja Boo

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 15-04-2022

My first song, I Googled one of the categories, and my band choice popped up. But if I Google the bands name, it says they are actually another genre. Oops  Confused

Oh well, I submitted the song because of a sexy band member(of course) so i'll be happy enough with my submission whatever I score.

Second song I really struggled with. Have no idea about wrest;ing theme songs. I had an idea in my head of what I'd like, & listened to a load of songs but nothing seemed to fit. Eventually got bored and just threw something into the mix lol.

My gym song is a great song, and something I would definitely listen to if I got of my hole and joined a gym.

Last song doesn't fit with my other submissions but I liked the song. (& they are stunning band members too)

So yeah, I'm felling a bit of beating coming on 

[Image: giphy.gif]

BTW as much as I struggled with the wrestling category, I thought it was a great choice to have in the game. I'm looking froward to seeing the other submissions on this one  Shy

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 15-04-2022

All the songs in category 1 fit the description Smile

Some better than others mind you Tongue

Pop Punk VS Nu Metal

Quite an interesting round to kick things off. Nobody went too deep into nu-metal which I found interesting and possibly that was a misstep as I do like me some nu metal…

Reveal will kick off in about 20 mins or so with 8th place. We will save last place to reveal just before 1st so it will be an agonizing wait for two people each round...

In 8th place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

Deftones – My Own Summer (Shove It)

I think this was submitted to a previous Walrus of mine and I definitely don’t mind it. The chorus gets very repetitive on repeated listens though and it’s a bit shouty.

& Korn as a NuMetal band. How could I have missed that one   Sad

I'm proud of that @Sephiroth_Dude submission! 

It wasn't a Casiopeia song for once  Big Grin

In 7th place with 6 points

SpoilerShow Content

Papa Roach – Stand Up

It got tricky from here up, I didn’t dislike any song submitted in fact. Just preferred some a bit more. I liked the bridge where the lead singer tries to sing instead of repeating Sweat repeatedly. I'm more cultured and nuanced than that... Oh babay babay  pac

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sephiroth_Dude - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 06:02 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm proud of that @Sephiroth_Dude submission! 

It wasn't a Casiopeia song for once  Big Grin

[Image: db2a727c8d047380acc61aff44649e72.gif]

Tongue casiopea rule all  Cool

Should have went with something else, I couldn't remember if I had entered it before or not.

In 6th place with 7 points

SpoilerShow Content

Punk Goes Country – House Party

Initially I was wondering how a country song would fare in this category but the cover gives it merit in the ‘Pop Punk’ area. I enjoyed it definitely. Not as much as others but this is a fair placing for it imo.

(15-04-2022, 06:03 PM)Necro Wrote:

It got tricky from here up, I didn’t dislike any song submitted in fact. Just preferred some a bit more. I liked the bridge where the lead singer tries to sing instead of repeating Sweat repeatedly. I'm more cultured and nuanced than that... Oh babay babay  pac
I didn't think that song would go down well with you.

I submitted it coz its a new song. And did you see the sexy band member on the right who swayed me to submit it!?

He was worth comin gsecond last Tongue

#noregrets

In 5th place with 8 points

SpoilerShow Content

All American Rejects – Dirty Little Secret

A choon I had pretty much forgotten about entirely, so thanks for the reminder. Swing, Swing would have probably been a place or two higher here as I always preferred that track by these lads but overall it’s a solid entry.

In 4th place with 9 points

SpoilerShow Content

The Offspring – Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)

Ah man this is just class. I remember when I first heard this song we went on a trip with the school to some drama competition in Galway. I blagged my way onto the coach by helping out with the backstage crew which consisted of me turning on a lamp twice in the production. Good times… anyways afterwards we were let loose on Galway for a couple of hours and I picked up the tape single of this. Handed it to the bus driver and it was played the whole way home with the entire bus absolutely loving it – including our principal who was a nun. Very funny. Over the years I do get tired with it from time to time but always come back to it after a rest. It’s a great entry.

In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

Jimmy Eat World – The Middle

Another one that I had on repeat back in the day. It was very difficult to separate the top 4 here, on another day they really could have been in a different order.

In 2nd place with 11 points

SpoilerShow Content

Green Day – Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Is it cheating to submit two songs to one category? pac Ah look they fit together so perfectly it’s kind of hard to separate them truthfully. One compliments the other. American Idiot is probably in my Top 5 fave albums so this was a very good choice.

So that just leaves...

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

AND

@Sawduck

with songs left to be revealed. Who will be top of the pops?

Tune in shortly Smile

In 9th place with 1 point

SpoilerShow Content

Godsmack - Voodoo

Remember when I mentioned nu-metal doing well here…

[Image: arnold-schwarzenegger-lied.gif]

haha! Normally it would but I just didn’t feel the grá for this track unfortunately. It’s all a bit boring and plain.

WHICH MEANS

In 1st place with 12 points

R*SOAPS

Hot Milk - I Just Wanna Know What Happens When I'm Dead

I had a feeling Soapy might excel in this round for some reason. Hadn’t heard this song before but it’s kind of exactly what I think about when I mention Pop Punk. Overblown guitars, screamy lyrics and a song name as long as Rachel’s Username Tongue Great selection.

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 06:42 PM)Necro Wrote:
WHICH MEANS

In 1st place with 12 points

R*SOAPS

Hot Milk - I Just Wanna Know What Happens When I'm Dead

I had a feeling Soapy might excel in this round for some reason. Hadn’t heard this song before but it’s kind of exactly what I think about when I mention Pop Punk. Overblown guitars, screamy lyrics and a song name as long as Rachel’s Username Tongue Great selection.

Sweet! Thought I might be going straight to last when I saw the rest of the Top 4, and figured my lesser known song would tank, so glad you liked it. Been a tad obsessed with Hot Milk recently, so was delighted when I saw it would fit your first category...

I'll lash up the scores after the end of the second round. Gonna kick on with our Theme Song round in about 5/10 mins now. But enjoy the preview whilst you wait...

Theme Song

So as I said in the blurb, I’m a big wrestling fan. Theme music for the wrestlers is a huge part of the whole production. I don’t like them all but I do like a lot of them. Some more recent themes that caught my attention I have listed below:

And then some I might consider for my own entrance… no ego here or anything Wink

RE: Walrus - The Return - Trigger - 15-04-2022

Happy with round 1.. not expecting much from Round 2 Big Grin

I actually liked @Sawduck song  Shy

Well done @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick that's a fun song and was a deserving winner!  Heart

RE: Walrus - The Return - E.N. - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 06:50 PM)Trigger Wrote: Happy with round 1.. not expecting much from Round 2 Big Grin
You've got me to compete with in round 2, too Wink
I had one spring straight to mind for this, but didn't find the time for the other rounds

Oh holy fcuk, Roman Reigns!  shock

Why didn't anybody tell me I should be watching wrestling

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bonus Entry – E.N.

The Black Keys - The Baddest Man Alive

This was sent in by EN who wasn’t able to put in songs for the other rounds. I quite enjoyed this track, would have probably finished about mid table I expect (I unfortunately didn't get a chance to compare it to the other tracks). Thanks for sharing it!

In 8th Place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

Insane Clown Posse – Night of the Chainsaw

Spotify Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/0Ql8rTrjlaw2YmIaVsOonL?si=36e47ace513b445a

This would be a decent theme song for a character from a horror movie actually. Someone like the Fiend might benefit off it… or Chainsaw Charlie. It’s a decent entry but the others above are better imo.

RE: Walrus - The Return - E.N. - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 06:59 PM)Necro Wrote: Bonus Entry – E.N.

The Black Keys - The Baddest Man Alive
Quiet start to grab the crowds attention
Guitar kicks in as I walk onto the podium
Baddest Man Alive plays a I walk down the ramp and into the ring
It's perfect Wink

In 7th place with 6 points

SpoilerShow Content

Imelda May - Mayhem

Decent female entrance theme here. Not exactly what I was looking for but it’s not bad all the same. Sounds a bit like Lacey Evans entrance theme.

In 6th place with 7 points

SpoilerShow Content

Death From Above - Totally Wiped Out

Probably the most difficult entry I found to place. I do like some elements of it as an entrance theme, possibly a high flying tag team? The track might be just a little TOO fast though so it ends up here.

In 5th place with 8 points

SpoilerShow Content

FamilyJules - You Will Know Our Names

Now we’re getting into the Rick Boogs territory. I can see this being a theme for like a top top babyface in NJPW (Japanese wrestling company for the uninitiated). Nice choice.

In 4th place with 9 points

SpoilerShow Content

Carrie Underwood – Good Girl

Not sure how this hasn’t been a theme already, would definitely fit in well for a couple of current ladies. Nice choice, I think I’ve heard it before but must have forgotten all about it.

(15-04-2022, 07:01 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 8th Place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

Insane Clown Posse – Night of the Chainsaw

That's gas Big Grin  Big Grin

I think with a lot of editing it could actually work - ''You can't cut me down'' kinda works i think

In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

Imagine Dragons x J.I.D. - Enemy

Love the start stop element of the lyrics with the beat. This is top notch stuff. Not something I expected to be submitted but it just works so well. You can picture the ring walk and then the pose on the ropes. Very little between this and second place here it has to be said.

(15-04-2022, 07:20 PM)Spears Wrote: That's gas Big Grin  Big Grin

I think with a lot of editing it could actually work - ''You can't cut me down'' kinda works i think

Yeah I think with a lot of work it could definitely fit for a more supernatural character or something like that.

In 2nd place with 11 points

SpoilerShow Content

Corey Marks - Outlaws & Outsiders

There’s a hint of *Beer Money* from TNA off this is there - Checks YouTube - Nope, no there isn't. This is much much better. Loved the song, thought it fit the category perfectly. Not much more I can say than that!

Which means our two remaining contestants for Round 2 are...

@Spears

AND

@Trigger

Who is going to WrestleMania with a category win and who is ending up under the ring?

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Walrus - The Return - Trigger - 15-04-2022

😬😬😬😬

In 9th place with 4 points

SpoilerShow Content

Pearl Jam - Superblood Wolfmoon

This is… ok. It’s a good song I’m just not sure I see it as an entrance theme? Maybe for a Pearl Jam fan haha? There are elements that work but I think what lets it down as a theme a bit is that everything is jammed together with no real differentiation between verse or chorus.

Great song @Sawduck