A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Covid Club - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Covid Club (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Covid Club - Necro - 02-01-2022

Both tests back for the kids, littlest one is negative and eldest positive. No idea how one escaped when they share a room!

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 02-01-2022

(02-01-2022, 10:38 PM)Necro Wrote: Both tests back for the kids, littlest one is negative and eldest positive. No idea how one escaped when they share a room!

Stronger Immunity? Take Care all of Ye

RE: The Covid Club - Declan A Walsh - 04-01-2022

I wonder do some people have near 100% immunity from infection? It would be great to be one of those!

RE: The Covid Club - Butty Brennan - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 11:10 AM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I wonder do some people have near 100% immunity from infection? It would be great to be one of those!
I think those people get it but they don't notice any symptoms they are so mild. Like those people who always tell you they never had a cold in their life: they have but they just didn't realise it.

RE: The Covid Club - Diamonds of Frost - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 09:19 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:10 AM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I wonder do some people have near 100% immunity from infection? It would be great to be one of those!
I think those people get it but they don't notice any symptoms they are so mild. Like those people who always tell you they never had a cold in their life: they have but they just didn't realise it.
I think so as well. I do know a few people who all their lives never noticed a head cold or flu but did become quite unwell with Covid. It's a strange one.

RE: The Covid Club - Butty Brennan - 04-01-2022

I know a couple where she tested positive so he stayed sleeping in the same bed with her to get it as well and have it over and done with.
He was doing tests but he never caught it at all, so I was thinking he must have had it already when he was working abroad and didn't realise it at the time.

RE: The Covid Club - Diamonds of Frost - 04-01-2022

I could cry. Doctor referred me for test. Appointment tomorrow. In the meantime I decided to book one privately because I didn't know how long I'd be waiting for HSE. So cancelled it when it do come. Went to gosafe today. Results came back as 'indeterminate' Sad Sad
Hopefully work will except antigens now.

RE: The Covid Club - Necro - 05-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 10:40 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I could cry. Doctor referred me for test. Appointment tomorrow. In the meantime I decided to book one privately because I didn't know how long I'd be waiting for HSE. So cancelled it when it do come. Went to gosafe today. Results came back as 'indeterminate' Sad Sad

The private company should be retesting you based on that result, HSE would anyways I believe. I'd call them about it but don't pay them any more money because to me that sounds like they didn't do something right to get an indeterminate result

RE: The Covid Club - Diamonds of Frost - 09-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 09:05 AM)Necro Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 10:40 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I could cry. Doctor referred me for test. Appointment tomorrow. In the meantime I decided to book one privately because I didn't know how long I'd be waiting for HSE. So cancelled it when it do come. Went to gosafe today. Results came back as 'indeterminate' Sad Sad

The private company should be retesting you based on that result, HSE would anyways I believe. I'd call them about it but don't pay them any more money because to me that sounds like they didn't do something right to get an indeterminate result
They retested me on Wednesday and praise be the result was a negative.

RE: The Covid Club - Homer J. Fong - 09-02-2022

I got to join Covid club, since Sunday (housemate tested positive earlier in week, so was only a matter of time!)

Physically I feel fine for the most part; briefly had headache and sore throat but both now gone, and what I'm left with just feels like having a cold. (Had my booster shot a month prior so I'm sure that helped mitigate the worse effects). But it's the mental effects I'm struggling a little bit more with; can't help but feel a bit deflated and worn down. It sucks to think that you did everything you could to be safe and prevent something....but it still happens anyway. Covid itself isn't the main issue, but it's contributed to prising open an otherwise dormant can of worms....if that makes sense?

But sure as long as I escape the dreaded "long Covid" then I'm probably better off having had it.

RE: The Covid Club - ari101 - 09-02-2022

CDC said studies they did for Delta showed having had Covid gave 6 time higher protection from reinfection than vaccination so likely better for Omicron too. You'll be invincible for the next while 🙂

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 04:17 AM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: It sucks to think that you did everything you could to be safe and prevent something....but it still happens anyway
I do get that. But don't forget that all your efforts to avoid it meant you didn't get it while it was more virulent, or you were unvaccinated. You stayed clear until it's at the point where, touch wood, it's not going to affect you too much. That may not have been the case before, so your efforts weren't in vain

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 24-03-2022

Looks like cases are high with this newest variant, everyone take care

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 27-05-2022

I got the moderna vaccine booster ( 2nd ) feel lethargic, achy pains, tired and arm sore, I was fine with the previous Pfizer ones

RE: The Covid Club - lorcand1990 - 27-05-2022

(27-05-2022, 08:15 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I got the moderna vaccine booster ( 2nd ) feel lethargic, achy pains, tired and arm sore, I was fine with the previous Pfizer ones
I was the same.. my first 2 vaccines were Pfizer and all I had was a sore arm.  Got the moderna booster and it knocked me out for a day after, I was sore,  tired, had chills etc

RE: The Covid Club - nothing - 27-05-2022

I was grand after moderna booster after pfizer originally, but my friend was out of sorts for a couple days after (main pfizer, booster pfizer and then) a moderna booster

RE: The Covid Club - Necro - 27-05-2022

Haven't bothered with the 2nd booster yet. Not that I'm against it per se I just don't need it as much as others.

Plus I mean I've had three jabs and two bouts of Covid so I'm probably going to be ok Big Grin

RE: The Covid Club - Neowise - 27-05-2022

(27-05-2022, 08:15 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I got the moderna vaccine booster ( 2nd ) feel lethargic, achy pains, tired and arm sore, I was fine with the previous Pfizer ones

Same here, was fine with the pfizer vaccines, but the moderna booster done a number on me.
Felt like s as hit the day after, s as well as sore atm, pfizers only gave me a sore arm.

RE: The Covid Club - Neowise - 27-05-2022

(27-05-2022, 09:41 PM)Necro Wrote: Haven't bothered with the 2nd booster yet. Not that I'm against it per se I just don't need it as much as others.

Plus I mean I've had three jabs and two bouts of Covid so I'm probably going to be ok Big Grin

Only got mine because I’m due to travel for June bank holiday and getting a booster sounded easier than getting pcr tests in foreign countries 48 hours before flight.

If i wasn’t travelling I’d have zero incentive to get the booster

RE: The Covid Club - Necro - 28-05-2022

(27-05-2022, 10:39 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(27-05-2022, 09:41 PM)Necro Wrote: Haven't bothered with the 2nd booster yet. Not that I'm against it per se I just don't need it as much as others.

Only got mine because I’m due to travel for June bank holiday and getting a booster sounded easier than getting pcr tests in foreign countries 48 hours before flight.

If i wasn’t travelling I’d have zero incentive to get the booster

Ah yeah if I was planning on travelling I'd definitely get it to save the hassle. Not till next year though... This year is another staycation!

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 28-05-2022

I feel like crap from it

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 14-06-2022

Fecker finally got me Sad

Thought I had a bad, but not terrible, cold all day but the last few hours my energy has disappeared

Not worried about me though, my mum came over from Wales yesterday, so there's her, me, my wife and two kids in a small three bed house. Really worried about staying out of everyone's way. It was cramped last night, and that was with me sleeping in my daughter's room 😬

RE: The Covid Club - Necro - 14-06-2022

(14-06-2022, 07:21 PM)E.N. Wrote: Fecker finally got me Sad

Thought I had a bad, but not terrible, cold all day but the last few hours my energy has disappeared

Not worried about me though, my mum came over from Wales yesterday, so there's her, me, my wife and two kids in a small three bed house. Really worried about staying out of everyone's way. It was cramped last night, and that was with me sleeping in my daughter's room 😬

[Image: the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif]

Jokes aside hopefully you'll all be ok. First few days are the roughest. Don't stress too much about it spreading, first time I had it I slept in the same room as wifey and had the kids leaping on me and none of them got it!! Second time we weren't so lucky mind all bar the youngest caught it.

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 14-06-2022

Cheers @Necro
I'll be grand, I'm sure. Mum, wife and eldest all negative (not going to try to poke things up the youngest's nose!) and I'm locked away now, so hopefully everyone will be OK

Apart from my wife, having to share a bed with two toddlers 🙈

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 14-06-2022

Take Care @E.N.

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 15-06-2022

In regard to my friend, an update was sent to Dublin then back to Cork finally home after nearly 6 months but her lungs and walking is bad, has oxygen and wheelchair, long road to recovery if ever fully recovered but she is alive

RE: The Covid Club - Leg End Reject - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 12:17 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: In regard to my friend, an update was sent to Dublin then back to Cork finally home after nearly 6 months but her lungs and walking is bad, has oxygen and wheelchair, long road to recovery if ever fully recovered but she is alive
That's tough, I hope she recovers quickly. Did she have any underlying conditions or was she just unlucky?

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 15-06-2022

(15-06-2022, 12:21 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(15-06-2022, 12:17 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: In regard to my friend, an update was sent to Dublin then back to Cork finally home after nearly 6 months but her lungs and walking is bad, has oxygen and wheelchair, long road to recovery if ever fully recovered but she is alive
That's tough, I hope she recovers quickly. Did she have any underlying conditions or was she just unlucky?

Yes she got many coughs in the past so lungs weren't great but worse now, also had to get blood

RE: The Covid Club - Irish Aris - 20-06-2022

Joined the club today, was to be expected I guess as I have been out and about a lot lately - this last weekend I was in Brussels for a concert, so wondering if I caught it during the actual travelling or something.
Lots of symptoms (fever, dry throat, blocked nose, headache, tiredness). The tiredness is the worst for me, I just feel exhausted.
Hopefully it won't last very long and luckily I live on my own so isolation is easier to organise.

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 20-06-2022

Take it easy @Irish Aris, hope it passes quickly

I agree with the tiredness. I've still got a bad cough, but I could live with that, but I've no energy at all and that's making me ratty with everyone around me 😬

RE: The Covid Club - jp liz v1 - 20-06-2022

Take Care @Irish Aris plenty vitamin c and d plus hydrate

RE: The Covid Club - ari101 - 28-06-2022

27 months since I was last a member of this club, at least I'm getting it out of the way now rather than in three weeks when I'm going abroad 🥳🤣

RE: The Covid Club - nothing - 28-06-2022

How is it this time around?

(28-06-2022, 01:44 PM)nothing Wrote: How is it this time around?

So far much milder 🥳 The first time out was pretty tough going - I coughed incessantly for about 16 days straight 🙈 really bad flu like phase for 4 days, followed by 9 days of notable breathlessness - couldn't have gone anywhere even if I was allowed 🤣 Probably took a month after it was gone for my throat to heal and to get my lung capacity/basic fitness back to where it was beforehand 😅

Now so far I just have a slightly bleugh feeling, scratchy throat and sinus pressure/headache, nothing a few paracetamol can't fix. Had to reschedule my doc appointment so my meds will be a little late 😬 and I'll miss a friend's birthday dinner but all in all definitely not the worst week to be out of commission.

I may have spoken too soon 😅 38.1 even with the paracetamol 🤒🙈

RE: The Covid Club - nothing - 29-06-2022

Eeep! Mind yourself! I've somehow still managed to avoid it, unless I was symptomless completely at some stage!

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 29-06-2022

(28-06-2022, 09:47 PM)ari101 Wrote: I may have spoken too soon 😅 38.1 even with the paracetamol 🤒🙈
Hope you're doing ok ari. Hopefully your body is burning the bugger out

It's a week since I tested negative again, but I still can't shake this damn cough, it's driving me crazy. Father in law said his lasted five weeks after a negative test

RE: The Covid Club - ari101 - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 07:46 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(28-06-2022, 09:47 PM)ari101 Wrote: I may have spoken too soon 😅 38.1 even with the paracetamol 🤒🙈

It's a week since I tested negative again, but I still can't shake this damn cough, it's driving me crazy. Father in law said his lasted five weeks after a negative test

Thanks, I spiked a 39.1 late yesterday but after about a half hour up there it came back down 🥳 I still think the fever was worse last time, but planning to sleep the day away!

They do say the cough and the smell/taste issues can really persist 😐 Thankfully my cough is minimal so far. Hope yours begins to improve soon 🤗

RE: The Covid Club - Irish Aris - 29-06-2022

(29-06-2022, 07:46 AM)E.N. Wrote:

Sorry to hear that @E.N.
I was lucky that I didn't have a cough for more than a day or so. I started testing negative yesterday, though I have no symptoms since Friday. The only thing that remains is some tiredness, my energy level still feels a bit low. I attempted a table tennis training last night, only lasted 35-40 minutes (usually I can easily go on for a couple of hours) and felt lightheaded most of the time.
I also feel hungry constantly!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery @ari101

RE: The Covid Club - E.N. - 13-12-2022

Bloody covid, back again.

My wife and I tested positive on Saturday. We were alright, just a few sniffles, but she did a test as a precaution before going away with her mam. She's since been struggling. Thought I was riding it out ok but it's knocked me on my arse today.

Wouldn't be so bad if we could just hole up on the sofa, but the kids are still all systems go, at least they're not ill though.

Hopefully a decent sleep tonight and it'll be on the way out.

Three fecking years this thing's been around now, crazy. I remember thinking two weeks lockdown around Paddy's Day in 2020 and we'd be done 🤣