A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 24-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 09:47 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: In.
To the person who stole my Rod Stewart song
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...ipo=images]

[Image: the-sopranos.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Wichita Lineman - 24-01-2023

[Image: maybe-up8cg4.jpg]

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 24-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 07:27 PM)Kol Wrote: ...Dolly Parton is a good example of a crossover singer, appealing to both country music and pop music fans. So think of songs that might appeal to fans of different music genre.

SOAPY taught me how to find music online (I know that sounds lame, but I am lame  Big Grin so!), by going into see an individual  artists wiki discography and locating which charts each single was  listed on. That is how I found my crossover song, some songs were listed in two charts at the same time, viola (thanks Rache!)

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 24-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 10:25 AM)Kol Wrote:    ...Country pop crossover is a good example and what made me think of this category....

Tongue  ...'n don't forget about the Country Rap crossover classics.... also known as: CR-AP.  pac pac pac

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 25-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 11:39 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 07:27 PM)Kol Wrote: ...Dolly Parton is a good example of a crossover singer, appealing to both country music and pop music fans. So think of songs that might appeal to fans of different music genre.

SOAPY taught me how to find music online (I know that sounds lame, but I am lame  Big Grin so!), by going into see an individual  artists wiki discography and locating which charts each single was  listed on. That is how I found my crossover song, some songs were listed in two charts at the same time, viola (thanks Rache!)

It was my good deed for the week

[Image: im-a-nice-person-liz-lemon.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 25-01-2023

Where we stand and a quick update

All players have nominated bar a few

Jluv and Tuariel still to pick and Spears has partially picked. No rush folks, I didnt expect to gets so far this quick

The reserved place looks like it will not be taken so in case no additional categories will be added.

Another point that has been raised, regarding the decade categories, someone has nominated a song which fits the decade but is a recent cover, now I'm willing to accept if it is ok with everyone. Everyone is still free to make changes also. For the genre categories, I would say the opposite is valid, the rendition should fit the category rather even if the original song doesn't, that's if you go with covers or live versions. TBF, this has only affected one player so far and maybe I should have made it more clear in the PMs. Let me know if you have any issues with this

RE: The FOG Factor - Wichita Lineman - 25-01-2023

I'm ok with above Kol anyway. Even if we picked what we thought was a song from lets say the 80's we may not have have known it's actually a song by someone else from the '70s originally. Particularly if it was a massive hit the 2nd or 3rd time around and a miss the 1st time.

RE: The FOG Factor - Neowise - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 10:48 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: I'm ok with above Kol anyway. Even if we picked what we thought was a song from lets say the 80's we may not have have known it's actually a song by someone else from the '70s originally. Particularly if it was a massive hit the 2nd or 3rd time around and a miss the 1st time.

lineman speaks my thoughts.

RE: The FOG Factor - Butty Brennan - 25-01-2023

(24-01-2023, 10:04 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 09:47 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: In.
To the person who stole my Rod Stewart song
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...ipo=images]

[Image: the-sopranos.gif]
You are either admitting your guilt or trying to pin it on Hilda. Dodgy

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 10:11 AM)Kol Wrote:  
...Another point that has been raised, regarding the decade categories, someone has nominated a song which fits the decade but is a recent cover, now I'm willing to accept if it is ok with everyone. Everyone is still free to make changes also. For the genre categories...
It was me, wasn't it?!

Just like last time, I didnae think to check dates, correct artists or vids (in my genre research), given the haste to listen before chromey freezes up - but my lack of music knowledge may be the major culprit! Sorry guys!

Just let me know kols and I shall fix my mistake.

ok so I may have located a few  of ^ those errors in my list (before chromey froze) ...and sent onto kol, what appear to be original old record recording vids (but  don't rightly know) --- if those didn't  fully address the issue, just let me know kols.

...and cheers all!  Sorry  to be so totally musically clueless about, well - most eras and genres !  Blush  Blush Blush

...I really must exclude myself from musical games in the future, it's not fair to anyone!

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 25-01-2023

Wasn't you @DejaBoo all your picks are fine. No change needed in any case, everyone is fine with the format

(25-01-2023, 05:43 PM)Kol Wrote: Wasn't you @DejaBoo  all your picks are fine. No change needed in any case, everyone is fine with the format

[Image: thumb_now-thats-a-shocker-memegenerator-...671861.png]  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 05:38 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: ...and cheers all!  Sorry  to be so totally musically clueless about, well - most eras and genres !  Blush  Blush Blush

...I really must exclude myself from musical games in the future, it's not fair to anyone!

Nonsense, you should always play

(25-01-2023, 06:04 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(25-01-2023, 05:38 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: ...and cheers all!  Sorry  to be so totally musically clueless about, well - most eras and genres !  Blush  Blush Blush

Nonsense, you should always play
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 26-01-2023

Just @Tauriel left to pm me.

I need to validate some picks though I think everyone else has completed

If we are ready, we can start on Monday, if more time is needed, we will wait no rush

Classic FOG Factor moments

@ShaneU  scored the highest single week score of series 1 with 11 votes for this Harry Nilsson cover. Shane would eventually go on to win the series defeating @Wichita Lineman  in the final

Kat Wright - Everybody's Talkin

4 is the record number of face the music appearances in a single series held by Aaron in series 2, who also went on the reach the series 2 final

RE: The FOG Factor - aaronjennings - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 05:58 PM)Kol Wrote: Classic FOG Factor moments

4 is the record number of face the music appearances in a single series held by Aaron in series 2, who also went on the reach the series 2 final

RE: The FOG Factor - Tauriel - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: Just @Tauriel  left to pm me.

If we are ready, we can start on Monday, if more time is needed, we will wait  no rush

I will have it over to you this weekend if that's OK? I've a very sick dog here and am near daily bringing him to the vets and trying to fit work in.

(26-01-2023, 08:01 PM)Tauriel Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 07:26 AM)Kol Wrote: Just @Tauriel  left to pm me.

If we are ready, we can start on Monday, if more time is needed, we will wait  no rush

I will have it over to you this weekend if that's OK? I've a very sick dog here and am near daily bringing him to the vets and trying to fit work in.
No problem at all, whenever you get a chance. Sorry to hear about your dog.

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 26-01-2023

Be gentle with yourself Tauriel, hugs to you!

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 27-01-2023

@nothing returns for a 3rd series to the judging panel, our only ever present judge

RE: The FOG Factor - Hello 2D Person Below - 27-01-2023

(27-01-2023, 08:30 AM)Kol Wrote: Classic FOG Factor moments

@nothing  returns for a 3rd series to the judging panel, our only ever present judge
[Image: gallery-1480008613-louis-walsh-loves-week.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Tauriel - 28-01-2023

I'm nearly there with my list, just have a few selections that I'm not happy with so trying to think of others to swap them out for.

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 28-01-2023

(28-01-2023, 01:04 PM)Tauriel Wrote: I'm nearly there with my list, just have a few selections that I'm not happy with so trying to think of others to swap them out for.
No problem, I'm hoping to start on Monday, if by any chance you the first few picked you can pm me those before Monday please and you can send the others later. 

@Spears has a few picks to get to me also

RE: The FOG Factor - Tauriel - 28-01-2023

And I'm In

[Image: CanineTightGraywolf-small.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 28-01-2023

Thanks @Tauriel

We will start on Monday, see you all then

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 28-01-2023

Sorry @Kol ill fire my last few through now  Shy

(was considering making one or two changes but haven't had much spare time, so I'll just leave it as it is so I don't hold things up)

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 30-01-2023

Live thread open https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=439

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 11-05-2023

The Fog Factor - You Decide

Season 4 starting soon if we get enough players

A few changes from the previous games including

Round by round basis, you will only need to pick one song at a time. This will mean though that you will need to be around for as long as you are in the game to pick more
Players pick the categories. The freestyle category will stay, players pick a category each at the start and they will be randed to decide which order they will be in. Very obscure categories will be vetoed.
Buy a vote. You can earn extra votes by topping weekly voting counts (top your own category to earn more). These votes can then be used during the game to maybe save yourself from face the music or top another week to block a rival. Votes cannot be used in face the music, only judges votes count here

So, please sign up here as a player or judge and hopefully we get enough to run a game

RE: The FOG Factor - nothing - 11-05-2023

[Image: muah-blow-kiss.gif]

I'd love to judge again

RE: The FOG Factor - Jluv - 11-05-2023

In as a player please even though I'm not great at the music ones ..

RE: The FOG Factor - Irish Aris - 11-05-2023

In as a player please.

RE: The FOG Factor - aaronjennings - 12-05-2023

I'm in as a player also 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 13-05-2023

Count in me please kol as a player, I need to retain my title  Cool .

RE: The FOG Factor - jp liz v1 - 13-05-2023

I'll play again as a contestant please but if needed and short can be judge again

@Kol

Come and Play Please @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

RE: The FOG Factor - E.N. - 17-05-2023

Someone better educate you rabble with good music Wink

[Image: teach-you-yoda.gif]

(Though I'm happy to judge, very harshly, if it works better for you Kol)

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 17-05-2023

As usual I don't understand the rules (even though you've explained, sorry) but count me in anyway  Shy

I'll try remember the game & keep an eye out for when it starts.

I'd prefare to be a contestant please (if you're not short on judges)

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 18-05-2023

Thanks for all the interest

So far we have 8 players and 1 judge, or 6 players and 3 judges. Ideally the more the better, if we get 2 more on board I reckon we can make a game of it.

Players
Jluv
Aris
Aaron
Seph
Liz
EN
Spears
Shane?

Judges
Nothing

Maybe it's time to start calling a few out!

@ari101  @Barna77  @BuileBeag  @Butty Brennan  @DejaBoo  @davetherave  @Declan A Walsh  @Edser  @Homer J. Fong  @HildaSilvioOgden  @Hello 2D Person Below  @lorcand1990 @Mam of 4 @Neowise  @osh  @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  @Sawduck  @thomil  @Tauriel  @Wichita Lineman @Leg End Reject