A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The FOG Factor - E.N. - 22-01-2023

Ha ha, I would have been tempted by the judging panel but I'm really not sure I'd be reliable enough, I'm a bit time-scarce at the moment

RE: The FOG Factor - Irish Aris - 22-01-2023

On the sequence of categories, whatever suits you Kol.
I am here mostly for the fun and tend to think these tournaments in Walrus terms anyway, though I will make an effort to go far this time 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Leg End Reject - 22-01-2023

Hi Kol,

I'll sit this one out, busy few weeks ahead and I'm still recovering from Traitors, damn Countess and her prize!

RE: The FOG Factor - aaronjennings - 22-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 08:51 AM)Kol Wrote: I do have one question for all the players here, the previous series I randed the categories (my preferred method), would you rather I set them from the start so you can strategize your route through the game more?

I don't think too hard about having a 'story' to the songs I nominate, so whether you randomise or stick to the original order, makes no difference to me 🙂

RE: The FOG Factor - Neowise - 22-01-2023

sure, i'll try to play along.
vote for non rand.
a thought out category sequence seems like a better idea than rand. maybe starting with the more niche categories, and ending in the more classic categories. don't really see how rand adds to the sequence.
just my humbe opinion

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 22-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 02:07 PM)Neowise Wrote: sure, i'll try to play along.
vote for non rand.
a thought out category sequence seems like a better idea than rand. maybe starting with the more niche categories, and ending in the more classic categories. don't really see how rand adds to the sequence.
just my humbe opinion

I'd be inclined to agree with this method

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 22-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 02:07 PM)Neowise Wrote: sure, i'll try to play along.
vote for non rand.
just my humbe opinion

I didn't put a great deal of thought into the current order apart from freestyle being the first. This round also will have no eliminations, votes only used for tie breakers in future rounds if needed.

Interesting that you say have the more popular categories towards the end, I would have thought the oposite would give everyone a better chance. Make the game more difficult as it progresses?

Im happy to go with a set order, see how it goes this series.

Thanks for the feedback

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 22-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 02:38 PM)Kol Wrote: Interesting that you say have the more popular categories towards the end, I would have thought the oposite would give everyone a better chance. Make the game more difficult as it progresses?

Nah, have the tougher categories at the start, so only the best of the best are still standing towards the end when the broader categories come in to play...

Survival of the fittest and all that jazz

RE: The FOG Factor - Mam of 4 - 22-01-2023

I'll have to sit this one out Kol, sorry, but will vote on the entries.

RE: The FOG Factor - Hello 2D Person Below - 22-01-2023

Go on so @Kol I'll give it a go if there's still time to enter.

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-01-2023

Sign me up @Kol

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 23-01-2023

Quote: Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
(22-01-2023, 02:38 PM)Kol Wrote: Interesting that you say have the more popular categories towards the end, I would have thought the oposite would give everyone a better chance. Make the game more difficult as it progresses?

Nah, have the tougher categories at the start, so only the best of the best are still standing towards the end when the broader categories come in to play...

Survival of the fittest and all that jazz

That'll be me out first Tongue   ...gives me the chance to get the losers lounge all dusted and  ready for everyone to follow Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 23-01-2023

Contestants:

Spears
Rsoapy
aaron
Jluv
Shane
Butty
Aris
Tauriel
Ari
Wichi
Deja
2D
Neo
Seph
One more player (pending sign up)

Judges:

Necro
nothing
Liz (willing to move to contestant if someone else wants to judge)

So we have potentially 15 contestants which is more than I anticipated so we will close sign ups now. If you still want to play I can put you on the judges panel or you can ask Liz if she will switch

PMs will go out shortly with the list of categories, the order they are in is the order we will play them.
This time, you can pick regular studio songs, the live covers has been ditched, as long as they fit the category they are fine with me.
I will give plenty of time for everyone to pick, no pressure on it, we will start when everyone is ready.

Feel free to ask questions here is something isn't clear to you and if I think of anything else relevant I will post it.

As has been asked by an eager challenger, you can pm me in parts your list if you have certain songs you want to lock in early but don't have your completed list yet.

I didn't mention but what should be obvious is it's first come first served on songs, if you pick something already picked I will ask you to pick again.

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 01:39 PM)Kol Wrote: As has been asked by an eager challenger, you can pm me in parts your list if you have certain songs you want to lock in early but don't have your completed list yet.

I didn't mention but what should be obvious is it's first come first served on songs, if you pick something already picked I will ask you to pick again.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Don't want to be left with the dregs in Not The Beatles or Rod Stewart rounds... Have to get my first draft selections locked in... Gotta get in there early...  Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 23-01-2023

Well..............this list seems a lot easier than your last list Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - Irish Aris - 23-01-2023

Full list in!!

@DejaBoo i'd like to reserve a sit at the losers lounge and the customary Gin & Tonic!!!

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 04:42 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Full list in!!

@DejaBoo  i'd like to reserve a sit at the losers lounge and the customary Gin & Tonic!!!
 [Image: olivia-munn-waitress.gif] oopsy

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 23-01-2023

I'm taking a more Walrus-y approach to my selections and gone down a slightly lesser known underdog route (for most of the rounds anyway) since the Live Cover version aspect has been dropped, so I'll probably get booted quickly while the Bohemian Rhapsody's and Wonderwall's of the world progress through

I'd rather take the chance of introducing a couple of people to things they may not have heard before than seeking out another win, so I'll have no regrets if I bow out early

RE: The FOG Factor - ShaneU - 23-01-2023

(23-01-2023, 04:59 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm taking a more Walrus-y approach to my selections and gone down a slightly lesser known underdog route (for most of the rounds anyway) since the Live Cover version aspect has been dropped, so I'll probably get booted quickly while the Bohemian Rhapsody's and Wonderwall's of the world progress through

I'd rather take the chance of introducing a couple of people to things they may not have heard before than seeking out another win, so I'll have no regrets if I bow out early

Same concern I have. I'll be picking my personal favourites anyway.

RE: The FOG Factor - Irish Aris - 23-01-2023

It's a bit of a mix for me.
I tried to stay to more mainstream avenues for some of the categories but especially towards the end I have some alternative selections.
No regrets though

RE: The FOG Factor - ari101 - 23-01-2023

A real mix for me but I'm done!

RE: The FOG Factor - Wichita Lineman - 23-01-2023

Enjoyed selecting those. No doubt I'll have some reworking to do.

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 23-01-2023

In

Thanks for the entries so far, I will fire up the spreadsheet tomorrow. I feel like I've just given everyone a load of homework

RE: The FOG Factor - Declan A Walsh - 24-01-2023

@Kol - thanks for remembering me. I was not on ForumOfGames for the last day or two. It's probably for the best that I sat it out anyway.

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 24-01-2023

I'm about 70% through my homework. Should have it to hand up tomorrow evening 🤓✍

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 24-01-2023

[Image: AshamedInconsequentialButterfly-size_restricted.gif]
...done

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 24-01-2023

Thanks for all the submissions so far. Just want to clear up a few things that might be confusing players.

All picks bar the live category can be promotional videos, album audio..ect.. I'm just highlighting this as I've got quite a few live versions, which are valid but might not sound as good as studio recordings. So, in case anyone is thinking I'm looking for all live versions, I'm not.
The crossover category, it is quite subjective. I think it should mean songs in a certain genre by acts that wouldn't normally be associated with that genre. Country pop crossover is a good example and what made me think of this category. I'm happy to accept most songs here, if you think it fits it should be fine. All so far look good.

Just a few duplicates so far, I have replied to you already, everything else looks good for me. If you want to make changes you can before the live show starts.

RE: The FOG Factor - Wichita Lineman - 24-01-2023

I found myself gravitating towards live performances out of habit! I might review the sound quality and make sure they are ok.

(24-01-2023, 12:23 AM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: @Kol - thanks for remembering me.  I was not on ForumOfGames for the last day or two. It's probably for the best that I sat it out anyway.

Still a spot for you @Declan A Walsh if you want to play, or on the judges panel?

If not, hope to see you around for the live show

RE: The FOG Factor - ShaneU - 24-01-2023

Entry is in, expecting to resend some of them at this stage

RE: The FOG Factor - Neowise - 24-01-2023

will our picks be used after we are knocked out?
Like if we expect to be knocked out early, is there any point finishing the list or just fire in the first few rounds, then if we are still in, fire a few more rounds in later?

All your picks will be showcased, I post the songs which haven't made it through each round.

The previous 2 series, I have randed the round so no one knew which order the categories where in so picking a few rounds at at time wasn't really feasible, though I suppose could have be done.

The reason I prefer that everyone picks their full list from the beginning is that we might have players dropping out mid way or we might have to stop and wait for players to pick, having them complete from the beginning means the game can flow without stoppages.

I have thought about doing it a few rounds at a time and we can maybe try it in the next series, but for this one I would prefer all in from the beginning as some of you have already nominated and it might be unfair to change it now at this point.

RE: The FOG Factor - Wichita Lineman - 24-01-2023

For what it's worth I think randomising the rounds works really well and adds a bit of extra excitement to it.

RE: The FOG Factor - Hello 2D Person Below - 24-01-2023

I'm not sure if I understood the Crossover round correctly. If there's any issues with it let me know and I'll change it.

RE: The FOG Factor - jp liz v1 - 24-01-2023

[Image: xnQ8i7J.png]

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 24-01-2023

I think a few (atleast, lol) of my choices may take me out of the running for the game, but (apologies in advance) I liked those songs so much.

(24-01-2023, 06:20 PM)Hello 2D Person Below Wrote: I'm not sure if I understood the Crossover round correctly. If there's any issues with it let me know and I'll change it.
I'll willing to let anything go here tbh. Feel free to change if you think others might not see it fit for the category and therefore not vote for it

Dolly Parton is a good example of a crossover singer, appealing to both country music and pop music fans. So think of songs that might appeal to fans of different music genre.

RE: The FOG Factor - Butty Brennan - 24-01-2023

In.
To the person who stole my Rod Stewart song
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...ipo=images]