A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The FOG Factor - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The FOG Factor (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The FOG Factor - lorcand1990 - 22-05-2022

Ah sure why not, I'll give this a go as a contestant.. not much of a music buff so I doubt I'll get too far!

When do we pm you a category?

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 08:02 PM)ari101 Wrote: So are there themes or how do we select our songs?
(I'm sure this is explained somewhere but I'm feeling lasy! 😆)

(22-05-2022, 08:37 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Ah sure why not,  I'll give this a go as a contestant.. not much of a music buff so I doubt I'll get too far!

When do we pm you a category?

Yep as aaron said, you can pm me a category now which you would like included in the game, when everyone has signed up, I will send you the category list for which you will pick a song for each. Every song you pick must be a live cover so please pick categories that are fairly general.

RE: The FOG Factor - ari101 - 22-05-2022

Category PM'd 😁

(22-05-2022, 08:47 PM)ari101 Wrote: Category PM'd 😁
Thanks, going to have to check this one as Im not familar with Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - ari101 - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 08:49 PM)Kol Wrote:
(22-05-2022, 08:47 PM)ari101 Wrote: Category PM'd 😁
Thanks, going to have to check this one as Im not familar with Big Grin

Google is your friend, it is not really that obscure... Really  🙂 😅

RE: The FOG Factor - Leg End Reject - 22-05-2022

I'll put my thinking cap on as a contestant.

RE: The FOG Factor - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-05-2022

Is this like walrus?

RE: The FOG Factor - Declan A Walsh - 22-05-2022

I have taken the plunge. I hope this is not a disaster!

(22-05-2022, 10:15 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Is this like walrus?
It is like the x factor, you will submit a song for each round (by pm to me)and I will I will post them on thread. There is a time limit then for people to thank the songs they like, 2 songs with the least thanks go head to head with the judges. Between them, they will send one player home. Repeat this until we have a winner.
(22-05-2022, 10:19 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I have taken the plunge. I hope this is not a disaster!
I will have a look at this category. Remember it is not only live versions but they also have to be covers versions.

RE: The FOG Factor - Declan A Walsh - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 10:24 PM)Kol Wrote:
(22-05-2022, 10:15 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Is this like walrus?
It is like the x factor, you will submit a song for each round (by pm to me)and I will I will post them on thread. There is a time limit then for people to thank the songs they like, 2 songs with the least thanks go head to head with the judges. Between them, they will send one player home. Repeat this until we have a winner.
(22-05-2022, 10:19 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I have taken the plunge. I hope this is not a disaster!
I will have a look at this category. Remember it is not only live versions but they also have to be covers versions.

I missed the bit about them having to be cover versions. So, you submit a category and each live song submitted has to be a cover version - is that it? Let me know if you want me to submit a new category.

Yep, your submissions will be live covers of songs which fit the category in each round.

Here is the first game we ran, you will get a good idea of what to expect.

https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=225

I will be screening the nominations a bit stricter this time, there were some complaints in the last game that some songs were studio mastered and not actually live.

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 23-05-2022

We have 14 players now after I pushed a few of you over the edge Big Grin We have enough to run this game, if anyone else would like to play, just shout, will close this one shortly.

@Butty Brennan @Jluv @Leg End Reject @Sephiroth_Dude still to nominate a song category, or if you like, I can pick one for you, just let me know.

EN
Soapy
Wichi
Spears
DeJa Boo
liz
Ari
Aaron
Butty
Lorcand
leggy
Jluv
seph
Declan

Judges
nothing
Shane
Necro

RE: The FOG Factor - E.N. - 23-05-2022

I've got a live covers playlist playing now (not saying which one, not going to give away my gold!) and there are some bad covers out there 🤣

Hey folks, me again. I've had another idea on the song category picks. Since some have been very niche for a game like this, I'm thinking of doing an opening round freestyle.

So, everyone can pick a song from there own category (live cover of course) and see how many votes they get. These votes will count towards round one in case of ties. In this opening round, no one will be voted of. For the rest of the rounds I will pick the categories and keep them very open

Or, we go as originally planned, however some of the categories nominated I don't think fit the game, they are too niche. I'm having to veto quite a few. Finding a song might be ok but finding a live cover will make it too difficult for everyone and and I want everyone to enjoy it as much as possible.

Let me know what you think.

RE: The FOG Factor - Leg End Reject - 23-05-2022

(23-05-2022, 01:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: I've got a live covers playlist playing now (not saying which one, not going to give away my gold!) and there are some bad covers out there 🤣
[Image: mr-bean-exam.gif]

RE: The FOG Factor - E.N. - 23-05-2022

Happy with whatever works for you @Kol Smile
If there's a lot of really niche categories then, I agree, it might make it very tricky. And I say that as someone who forgot it was live covers and nominated African music the first time round 🤣

Right so, I will pm everyone the category list tomorrow, as a hint, I think lot from the previous game will be reused. Currently, we have 14 players, still open until tomorrow, so that will be a minimum of 13 songs for everyone to pick.

RE: The FOG Factor - RSOAPS - 23-05-2022

(23-05-2022, 05:42 PM)Kol Wrote: Right so, I will pm everyone the category list tomorrow, as a hint, I think lot from the previous game will be reused. Currently, we have 14 players, still open until tomorrow, so that will be a minimum of 13 songs for everyone to pick.

Will we have a good while before deadline to submit?

Probably won't get a chance to get around to even looking for song selections until the weekend myself.

(23-05-2022, 05:50 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(23-05-2022, 05:42 PM)Kol Wrote: Right so, I will pm everyone the category list tomorrow, as a hint, I think lot from the previous game will be reused. Currently, we have 14 players, still open until tomorrow, so that will be a minimum of 13 songs for everyone to pick.

Will we have a good while before deadline to submit?

Probably won't get a chance to get around to even looking for song selections until the weekend myself.

No deadline as such, we can see where we are in about a week, don't want to rush anyone.

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 23-05-2022

I really liked the categories in the last round even thoigh I struggled with one or two of them (hadn't much of an interest myself in the Motown round).

As it is, we will already be looking at needing 14 different covers (one for each contestant) for each of the categories. 

Having something too niche may be interesting, but it might make the game too difficult for the players.

(I also wouldn't be able to make a start until over the weekend  Shy)

RE: The FOG Factor - Leg End Reject - 23-05-2022

The relief!

Now all I have to worry about is finding live cover versions that fit Kol's categories ...

RE: The FOG Factor - Kol - 24-05-2022

PMs have been sent out, sign ups closed now.

Just a couple of points I would like to highlight, they are in the PMs also.

For the Freestyle round, no one will be voted off, it will be the first round, and you can pick any song you like.
For other theme, either or both of the song you are covering or the rendition of the cover should fit the song category.
If you pick a song that has already been covered in the same round, I will ask you to pick again

No deadline to get these to me, we will see where we are in about a week and we can start when all the entries are in.

Please chat away here but don't directly discuss any of your picks.
Good luck everyone.

RE: The FOG Factor - Declan A Walsh - 24-05-2022

I wish there was an option under a post called "Thanks (I think)" !

RE: The FOG Factor - E.N. - 24-05-2022

Me, trying to work out how the songs I've already picked fit into the categories:

[Image: 6hb7va.gif]

Are they that bad? I tried to cover everything. As long as they are live covers I will be flexible enough plus you have the rule were only the song or rendition needs to fix so I think you all have plenty of room to work with.

RE: The FOG Factor - lorcand1990 - 24-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 10:15 AM)Kol Wrote: Are they that bad? I tried to cover everything. As long as they are live covers I will be flexible enough plus you have the rule were only the song or rendition needs to fix so I think you all have plenty of room to work with.
Making a start on this now but yeah definitely seems manageable! I'll still get knocked out first round though (well, technically 2nd round I guess)  Tongue

(24-05-2022, 10:15 AM)Kol Wrote: Are they that bad? I tried to cover everything. As long as they are live covers I will be flexible enough plus you have the rule were only the song or rendition needs to fix so I think you all have plenty of room to work with
Not at all, they're spot on!
Just that I'd earmarked some songs second guessing other categories 🤣

One is so annoying, one of my all time favourite covers fits it but I can't find a live version online. Will keep hunting...!

And there's one that's miles outside my remit, but I'm not afraid of a little research (it's not true, I'm terrified, but I'll be brave!)

RE: The FOG Factor - aaronjennings - 24-05-2022

For the Freestyle round, you said we have to mention what theme the song is for

Does that mean it has to be a different theme to the ones also listed, or a second example of one of the themes listed? 🙂

(24-05-2022, 12:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: For the Freestyle round, you said we have to mention what theme the song is for

Does that mean it has to be a different theme to the ones also listed, or a second example of one of the themes listed? 🙂
You can use one listed or something completely different. The idea for the freestyle round was to let everyone pick something niche if they wish, stamp their own character on the game lets say.

Up to you completely. Everything is valid

RE: The FOG Factor - Necro - 24-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 10:31 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(24-05-2022, 10:15 AM)Kol Wrote: Are they that bad? I tried to cover everything. As long as they are live covers I will be flexible enough plus you have the rule were only the song or rendition needs to fix so I think you all have plenty of room to work with.
Making a start on this now but yeah definitely seems manageable! I'll still get knocked out first round though (well, technically 2nd round I guess)  Tongue

I'll be the judge of that....
Quite literally 😆😆😆

RE: The FOG Factor - ShaneU - 24-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Necro Wrote:
(24-05-2022, 10:31 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Making a start on this now but yeah definitely seems manageable! I'll still get knocked out first round though (well, technically 2nd round I guess)  Tongue

I'll be the judge of that....
Quite literally 😆😆😆

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: 2CJD.gif]

I'm done! Smile

RE: The FOG Factor - DejaBoo - 24-05-2022

Can we clarify "live covers" please?
Last time I viewed some good cover vids,  but they seemed a bit more "studio" than "live versions"  so I didn't sdbmit them. As the game unfolded, some of the covers submitted  (overall, no one specific) felt like more of the studio cover variety and not as amateur as the live ones I ended up submiting, so... is there something I am missing about live vs studio or amateur vs pro, just to clarify please?

For instance,  something like THIS feels more "professional studio" even tho it states "live version"

RE: The FOG Factor - Leg End Reject - 24-05-2022

I'll start compiling tomorrow.

Do all the links fit into 1 PM or do we need to send several?

(24-05-2022, 06:25 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Can we clarify "live covers" please?
Last time I viewed some good cover vids,  but they seemed a bit more "studio" than "live versions"  so I didn't sdbmit them. As the game unfolded, some of the covers submitted  (overall, no one specific) felt like more of the studio cover variety and not as amateur as the live ones I ended up submiting, so... is there something I am missing about live vs studio or amateur vs pro, just to clarify please?

For instance,  something like THIS feels more "professional studio" even tho it states "live version"
Yeah I alluded to that in a previous post, my screening of entries in the last game left a lot to be desired, I promise to be on the ball this time. Let's keep them as live as possible, if I think they are studioesque I will let you know.

(24-05-2022, 06:52 PM)Kol Wrote:
(24-05-2022, 06:25 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Can we clarify "live covers" please?

Yeah I alluded to that in a previous post, my screening of entries in the last game left a lot to be desired, I promise to be on the ball this time. Let's keep them as live as possible, if I think they are studioesque I will let you know.
And fwiw, I would allow that song. It might be recorded under perfect conditions but I don't think there was any post production editing done on it, which is where I'm drawing the line.
Not all entries need to be from concerts or recorded on a Nokia 3310

(24-05-2022, 06:25 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: For instance,  something like THIS feels more "professional studio" even tho it states "live version"
I think that one seems live, what's different to you Deja?
I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with pedals etc, good recording, even someone on a mixing desk. Once what you're hearing is what you'd be hearing if you were sat there at the time

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 24-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 10:02 AM)E.N. Wrote: Me, trying to work out how the songs I've already picked fit into the categories:

[Image: 6hb7va.gif]

I've definitely done this in some walruses  Big Grin

RE: The FOG Factor - Spears - 24-05-2022

Love the categories aswel  Shy

RE: The FOG Factor - lorcand1990 - 25-05-2022

The winning entry has been submitted.. on a completely unrelated matter, I've also sent in my picks pac