A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sheep etc. (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=209)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Spears - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:48 PM)E.N. Wrote: Yeah, in hindsight I'd give everyone one free pass I think. So missing out once wouldn't make a difference, and if you knew you'd be on everyday you could skip a question where you had no idea. Next time...

your too kind @E.N.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Wichita Lineman - 24-12-2021

Great fun @E.N. thanks for all the organising. 

I was getting better near the end so I'm already looking forward to next years event! 

Well done to all the winners at both ends of the table.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Sawduck - 24-12-2021

Congrats Shane , thanks for running this E.N great competition. Merry Christmas everyone

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - cee_jay - 24-12-2021

@E.N. that KS for an excellent game. Even if I did question that excellency along the way.

Congrats @ShaneU enjoyed your Christmas songs!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - ari101 - 24-12-2021

Congrats Shane! I'm going to have to check out those Jingle Bells versions when I can listen tomorrow! pac

Thanks EN, this has been fabulous fun! Big Grin

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Toto Wolfcastle - 24-12-2021

Congrats @ShaneU, good game!

Thanks for running it @E.N.. Always enjoyable.

Merry Christmas everyone.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Butty Brennan - 25-12-2021

Thanks for putting on a very enjoyable game E.N. Congratulations ShaneU on your victory.
I didn't get my Christmas present of a perfect zero but I came pretty close on the last question.

Now that I double check it, I actually finished in the top ten Smile

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - jp liz v1 - 25-12-2021

Congrats @ShaneU and @nothing

Thank you @E.N.

Merry Christmas Everyone

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Leg End Reject - 25-12-2021

Thanks @E.N. that was a blast! I'm looking forward to the torture next year.

Congrats @ShaneU, you know us better than we know ourselves! Big Grin Great answers and songs throughout.

Hard luck @Spears, you deserved that spoon. Tongue

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - E.N. - 25-12-2021

That wasn't meant to be such a hit and run earlier, but the kids weren't going to bed and santa presents needed sorting! All fine now, a final quiet beer then bed

Thanks everyone for playing along, it's only fun because of the banter along the way. Hope it wasn't too tortuous, some of the questions were a stretch but it's hard to think of that many Tongue

Have a great Christmas everyone!
In fact, I've just noticed it is Christmas Big Grin

Bye for now

[Image: bye-blow-kiss.gif]

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Necro - 25-12-2021

Thanks EN for running. Happy Christmas everyone unfortunately personal circumstances meant I couldn't complete the game. Advent Calendar is such a staple now of the formally Forum Games now FoG crew it's almost like Santa Smile

Well done Shane on a solid performance, well deserved win (and I loved the evil Christmas songs as an FYI )

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Purple Mountain - 25-12-2021

Only popping in now. Brother and family here all evening for some tipples.
Thanks so much @E.N. for running the game. My first dabble. I really enjoyed it and getting my only zero today was a buzz.
I hope your small people are fast asleep now.
Congratulations to @ShaneU for the win. There was a good back and forth for pole position to keep it interesting.
So, what have I learned from my first Advent Calendar?? Take notes!!
So if @DejaBoo says in February that she loves brussels sprouts, file that away in my memory..if @Sephiroth_Dude says in April he goes to mass, make a note of that and if @Mam of 4 tells us in the summer she is shopping online already for her advent calendar, on sale on Amazon.. yep, make a mental note!
Night everyone. Hope those of you with small childer don't get hit too early with the alarm call!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Zaph - 25-12-2021

Another hugely enjoyable game, thanks for running it EN. And congrats to Shane on a seriously impressive win.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Trigger - 25-12-2021

pac how the hell did I end up on the podium let alone on second

Brilliant game @E.N. really enjoyed it and thanks for the work that was put in.

Congrats @ShaneU on the win, you didn't look like you were going to be stopped from about the midway point..Great scoring

Thanks to all for contributing and making ot fun for everyone, ye are all stars!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Irish Aris - 25-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 07:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: Missing @Edser and @Irish Aris
On the ouzo already, Aris? Big Grin

Hahahahaha, a little bit!!!
Thank you for organising this E.N.!!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you have a great day with your beloved ones!!!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Butty Brennan - 26-12-2021

(18-12-2021, 01:07 AM)Spears Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 12:41 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I blame my youngest brother. He needs to get up earlier and out to my parents! One year we had to wait until 1pm!

I'd start without him. Couldn't wait that long. I love getting presents Tongue

In saying that, I need to wake my own kiddo's xmas morning to get up to their Santa gifts shock

& I mean, EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR !

Not once have they ever been up with the excitement at stupid o'clock, like we were in my mam's house when we were younger. 

strange little creatures.. Undecided
I was thinking about your post and that might be the norm now: on Christmas morning I went for a walk about 9 and in well over half of the houses, maybe about 75% or more there was no sign of life at all. Even in several houses where there are families with young kids, not a sausage.
Would that many people really have a lie in on Christmas morning Huh  I had no idea!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Spears - 26-12-2021

(26-12-2021, 01:55 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I was thinking about your post and that might be the norm now: on Christmas morning I went for a walk about 9 and in well over half of the houses, maybe about 75% or more there was no sign of life at all. Even in several houses where there are families with young kids, not a sausage.
Would that many people really have a lie in on Christmas morning Huh  I had no idea!

I wonder has it anything to do with covid? Maybe families are taking it easy on Christmas because they are not doiing as much visitng these days??

Our own were reluctantly up close to 11. In saying that they were up quite late the night before.

I got up at about 8 myself becuase I was starving. Made some cereal, but then made a start on the main brekkie at about 10 becuase I couldn't wait any longer  Tongue

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Spears - 26-12-2021

(25-12-2021, 12:54 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Hard luck @Spears, you deserved that spoon. Tongue

I did didn't I !!

Imagine stealing from someone at this time of year  Cry

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - nothing - 26-12-2021

(26-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Spears Wrote:
(25-12-2021, 12:54 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Hard luck @Spears, you deserved that spoon. Tongue

I did didn't I !!

Imagine stealing from someone at this time of year  Cry

Takes a special kind of grinch to do something like that, how dare they!

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Butty Brennan - 26-12-2021

(26-12-2021, 03:10 PM)Spears Wrote:
(26-12-2021, 01:55 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I was thinking about your post and that might be the norm now: on Christmas morning I went for a walk about 9 and in well over half of the houses, maybe about 75% or more there was no sign of life at all. Even in several houses where there are families with young kids, not a sausage.

I wonder has it anything to do with covid? Maybe families are taking it easy on Christmas because they are not doiing as much visitng these days??

Our own were reluctantly up close to 11. In saying that they were up quite late the night before.

I got up at about 8 myself becuase I was starving. Made some cereal, but then made a start on the main brekkie at about 10 becuase I couldn't wait any longer  Tongue
Mass could be another factor. Most mass goers nowadays are older people, there would be far less families going anymore, and maybe even less again because of covid. That was something that got you up early on Christmas if you wanted it or not.  Dodgy  We weren't allowed open any pressies until we got back from mass in our house.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - cee_jay - 26-12-2021

My youngest brother was up very early this year - he now has 18 month and 2 month year old kids, I think lie ins are a thing of his past Big Grin
Unfortunately he didn't get to call out - we were woken by a text at 9am from my cousin, her 2 teenagers got a positive antigen yesterday morning. They arrived to my Mam's house on Christmas Eve (I had a stand up row in the kitchen making tea with my mam when she allowed them in), so they couldn't chance coming out.
It also means I am probably stranded in my parents for the rest of the Christmas.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - Spears - 27-12-2021

(26-12-2021, 04:58 PM)nothing Wrote:
(26-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Spears Wrote: I did didn't I !!

Imagine stealing from someone at this time of year   Cry

Takes a special kind of grinch to do something like that, how dare they!

Tongue

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - DejaBoo - 28-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:04 PM)E.N. Wrote: Only four of us are (or would be) off to Christmas Eve mass.  

That's 14.3%
 [Image: fa3gbBnocH8m.gif]

Big Grin Fun game, thanks for the advent fun E.N. !!!

[Image: q4l9lOD.gif]lol -  Is this the same Shane what said...
(11-10-2021, 09:37 PM)ShaneU Wrote: No no no please no. Almost as bad as the sad sacks who post on the boards christmas forum all year round

Congratz ShaneU - yer one of us now!  An honorary Christmas Elf who knows more about Chrimbo than the rest of us Big Grin  ...and with cheeeery taste in music even Big Grin

...Let teh ShanELF initiation begin.  [Image: b6tJHhd.gif] (bring the spoon, nothing, we may need it)  Big Grin

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - ShaneU - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 07:30 AM)DejaBoo Wrote:  [Image: q4l9lOD.gif]lol -  Is this the same Shane what said...
(11-10-2021, 09:37 PM)ShaneU Wrote: No no no please no. Almost as bad as the sad sacks who post on the boards christmas forum all year round

Congratz ShaneU - yer one of us now!  An honorary Christmas Elf who knows more about Chrimbo than the rest of us Big Grin  ...and with cheeeery taste in music even Big Grin

...Let teh ShanELF initiation begin.  [Image: b6tJHhd.gif] (bring the spoon, nothing, we may need it)  Big Grin

LOL I never said I didn't like Christmas but it's OVER and I won't be even thinking about it until next DECEMBER  and not a moment sooner  Tongue

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - davetherave - 28-12-2021

Well done Shane, Trigs, and Kol.

Nothing in there at the end to rob poor Spears.

Thanks Nitty, huge undertaking. Back into hibernation for eleven months after all that work.

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - E.N. - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 08:53 PM)davetherave Wrote: Thanks Nitty, huge undertaking. Back into hibernation for eleven months after all that work
Yep, back into the cave I share with Mariah Carey and Michael Bublé Tongue

RE: Fogies sheepish Advent Calendar 2021 - DejaBoo - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 03:22 PM)ShaneU Wrote: LOL I never said I didn't like Christmas but it's OVER and I won't be even thinking about it until next DECEMBER  and not a moment sooner  Tongue
Too late,  yer an official Elf  now Big Grin 

...the 365 day Countdown of ShaneU Christmas Choooones will be a welcome addition pac