A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List (/showthread.php?tid=202)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - ShaneU - 02-09-2022

(30-08-2022, 07:59 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Arcade Fire tonight, awkward

https://pitchfork.com/news/arcade-fires-win-butler-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-by-multiple-women-frontman-responds/

Their support act Feist quit their world tour

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/music/2022/0901/1320145-feist-leaves-arcade-fire-tour-after-win-butler-claims/

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 02-09-2022

Did Harry Styles in Slane sell out? I wouldn't think his young fan base would be Slane demographic

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 06-09-2022

Anyone off to Garth Brooks?

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Irish Aris - 07-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 06:02 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Anyone off to Garth Brooks?

Not at all hahahaha!!

I have another gig on one of the Garth Brooks days and already dreading trying to get out of Dublin that night.

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 07-09-2022

I thought @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  might go see Garth  Big Grin

I'd say Dublin will be mayhem

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 07-09-2022

(07-09-2022, 11:49 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I thought @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  might go see Garth  Big Grin 

I'd rather chew glass...

Think I'll just stick to the actual decent Country Gigs I've been going to...

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 08-09-2022

Luke Combs is due to play the 3Arena, Dublin, on October 13, 2023 and tickets from €30 go on sale from Ticketmaster at 9am Friday, September 16 2022

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 06-10-2022

https://www.irishmirror.ie/play/competitions/win-pair-tickets-biggest-90s-28100669

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 28-10-2022

Pulp are back next summer, including a St Anne's Park gig. I'll be going, 27 years since I first them at this incredible festival...

[Image: 20110122-200110-428763.jpg]

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 29-10-2022

https://www.hotpress.com/competitions/win-tickets-to-rock-legends-def-leppard-and-motley-crue-at-marlay-park-22935496

Win

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 02-11-2022

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2022/1028/1332024-win-tickets-to-see-pulp-in-dublin/

Win for Pulp

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 18-11-2022

(10-03-2022, 03:26 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: @E.N. on a scale of 1-10 how excited are you about the Sigur Ros announcement.
I've already put a reminder in my calendar for the presale!!
Did you go, Aris?

Wonderful gig. I thought the first half was brilliant but the second half blew it out of the water, it was relentlessly epic!

My wife came with me. She walked down to the aisle to Samkeyti so seeing that was very special, especially the way they all huddled together in the corner of the stage for it

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Irish Aris - 19-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 02:02 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 03:26 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: @E.N. on a scale of 1-10 how excited are you about the Sigur Ros announcement.
I've already put a reminder in my calendar for the presale!!
Did you go, Aris?

Wonderful gig. I thought the first half was brilliant but the second half blew it out of the water, it was relentlessly epic!

My wife came with me. She walked down to the aisle to Samkeyti so seeing that was very special, especially the way they all huddled together in the corner of the stage for it

Hey E.N.
Unfortunately I missed it.
My dad passed away earlier this week and I had to travel back home urgently. 
Delighted for you and your wife having a great time. Though their outdoors gigs are still very very good, I think indoors brings the ultimate best of their music and atmosphere. 
They have a gig next week in Reykjavik that it will be live streamed, I'm debating with myself to buy a ticket.

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 02:50 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Hey E.N.
Delighted for you and your wife having a great time. Though their outdoors gigs are still very very good, I think indoors brings the ultimate best of their music and atmosphere. 
They have a gig next week in Reykjavik that it will be live streamed, I'm debating with myself to buy a ticket.
So sorry to hear about your dad mate. Hope you and the family are doing ok

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 19-11-2022

(19-11-2022, 02:50 PM)Irish Aris Wrote:
(18-11-2022, 02:02 PM)E.N. Wrote: Did you go, Aris?

Hey E.N.

I'm very sorry @Irish Aris

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Necro - 19-11-2022

Sorry to hear that Irish Aris. Mind yourself.

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Kol - 19-11-2022

Sorry to hear @Irish Aris thoughts are with you and your family

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Spears - 20-11-2022

Sorry for your loss @Irish Aris  take care  Heart

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 02-12-2022

Lion King back in the Bord Gais from late Sept next year

Our tickets at the start of the year got cancelled when they had to half capacity, delighted they're coming back. My wife and I went to see it for our second date, now the kids should be old enough to come with us! Smile

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - ari101 - 03-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 08:41 PM)E.N. Wrote: Lion King back in the Bord Gais from late Sept next year

Our tickets at the start of the year got cancelled when they had to half capacity, delighted they're coming back. My wife and I went to see it for our second date, now the kids should be old enough to come with us! Smile

I happened to have booked for Feb and as a result wasn't subject to cancellation but accidentally ended up at a captioned performance 🙈 so might have to go again 🤣

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Necro - 04-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 08:41 PM)E.N. Wrote: Lion King back in the Bord Gais from late Sept next year

Sent this onto the director of the panto as she was on about organising a trip to a show in the Bord Gais sometime next year!

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 05-12-2022

Idles, Jamie XX, Billie Eilish, Lewis Capaldi, Tom Odell, Fred Again, Niall Horan, Steve Lacy, Amyl and the Sniffers and Rick Astley announced for Electric Picnic

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Mam of 4 - 05-12-2022

I think Rick Astley is also doing Forest Fest in Emo in Laois too .

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 20-12-2022

My final gig of the year tonight, off to see The Bjorn Identity: Ireland's Premier ABBA Tribute Band

Felt like the most festive way to end a year of gigs

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - ari101 - 20-12-2022

(20-12-2022, 07:12 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: My final gig of the year tonight, off to see The Bjorn Identity: Ireland's Premier ABBA Tribute Band

That sounds like great fun! Enjoy 😁

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 20-12-2022

(20-12-2022, 07:12 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: My final gig of the year tonight, off to see The Bjorn Identity: Ireland's Premier ABBA Tribute Band

Enjoy, you can't go wrong with anything ABBA related

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 20-12-2022

I'm glad I finished on that one, because it was just pure class, amazing cover band, class audience, great craic

Highly recommend checking out Bjorn Identity if they're ever playing near you

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 21-12-2022

https://www.hotpress.com/competitions/win-tickets-to-editors-headline-show-in-dublin-in-january-22944399

Win to see Editors in Dublin

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 21-12-2022

(20-12-2022, 11:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm glad I finished on that one, because it was just pure class, amazing cover band, class audience, great craic

I've never been to a tribute act. Not for any particular reason.

This year I noticed there's a tribute band festival on near our new house. Coincidentally, Bjorn Identity are there next year...

[Image: 2023%20FB%20Page%20Header%20TribFest%20-%202.jpg]

Might have to investigate

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 21-12-2022

(21-12-2022, 09:31 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(20-12-2022, 11:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm glad I finished on that one, because it was just pure class, amazing cover band, class audience, great craic

I've never been to a tribute act. Not for any particular reason.

This year I noticed there's a tribute band festival on near our new house. Coincidentally, Bjorn Identity are there next year...

[Image: 2023%20FB%20Page%20Header%20TribFest%20-%202.jpg]

Might have to investigate

I've seen Mack Fleetwood too, they're also class, you should definitely head to that, looks really interesting

Some teachers in my secondary school were Bono and The Edge in Rattle & Hum, so we went along to see them towards the end of 6th year and they were very good. Then in college some friends of mine started Ireland Maiden so went along to see them a good few times.

Have always had a lot of time for tribute acts ever since, can be some of the best nights out

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Irish Aris - 03-02-2023

I made the last minute decision and bought a ticket to go see Stars at Whelan's tomorrow night.

First 2023 gig - and first in nearly 6 months  Smile

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 04-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 06:31 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: I made the last minute decision and bought a ticket to go see Stars at Whelan's tomorrow night.

First 2023 gig - and first in nearly 6 months  Smile

Enjoy

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Barna77 - 06-02-2023

I went to Betty Who at the Button Factory last night. That was fun.

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 07-02-2023

@Barna77 I was at Betty Who last night too!!! We probably even saw each other, but didn't know it... Maybe we even spoke to each other, who knows...

It was a really fun gig, such high energy

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Barna77 - 07-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 01:16 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: @Barna77 I was at Betty Who last night too!!! We probably even saw each other, but didn't know it... Maybe we even spoke to each other, who knows...

It was a really fun gig, such high energy
Oh maybe!

I had never seen her live before and she didn't disappoint. My friend is a huge fan so he got the tickets.

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Wichita Lineman - 08-02-2023

Went to the Strictly Come Dancing live tour this week. Very enjoyable and entertaining. A great show.
[Image: SCD_FullLineUp_1080x1080-6268c7dd9d.jpg]

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - jp liz v1 - 09-02-2023

@Wichita Lineman you should go on DWTS Ireland and show off your own dance moves

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - Wichita Lineman - 09-02-2023

My dancing 🕺 💃 matches only my singing ability - both are zero!

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - E.N. - 24-02-2023

(15-12-2022, 10:53 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(15-12-2022, 10:48 PM)E.N. Wrote: Wowser, good effort @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick!

I do like Just Mustard, so you picked well with me Smile
Ah, we've spoken about Just Mustard before haven't we? I forgot that, was hoping to connect people with something they didn't already know...

Oh well, its the thought that counts isn't it... Tongue

Seen this Soapy? And anyone else with fine music taste Tongue

I'm holding off on getting a ticket while the job hunt is in full flow, just in case (got an interview later today so I'm procrastinating from prep here). Hopefully I don't regret it if it sells out

RE: Giggity Giggity - The LIVE List - RSOAPS - 24-02-2023

@E.N. yeah, spotted that on their Instagram the other day... I saw Just Mustard twice last year, so not too fussed if I don't catch them again this time around, but the 360 degree immersive experience thing kind of intrigues me. Might just see if there's still tickets closer to the time, because my gig calendar is pretty full as is.

Good luck with the interview later.

Funnily enough, I had a job interview myself this morning, for something I applied for at the end of October before deciding to take on the Psychology and Social Studies courses, so I wasn't really pushed when this place came back and offered an interview, but thought I may as well go along and see what they had to say. There were quite a few red flags that cropped up for me in the interview though, so won't be accepting any job from them even if they do offer, which they probably won't because I think I made it fairly obvious I wasn't interested by the end.