A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Site Housekeeping - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Site Housekeeping (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Site Housekeeping - Necro - 04-08-2021

Poor arrow is getting a complex with all of us talking about it pac

RE: Site Housekeeping - Clarabel - 04-08-2021

The arrow has solved ALL my problems.

Much thanks

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 05-08-2021

I just want to say thank you for making searching within a thread by username so gloriously easy, it's beautiful, it's perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

RE: Welcome to ForumofGames - jp liz v1 - 08-08-2021

How to get images and gifs to show up please help

RE: Site Housekeeping - jp liz v1 - 08-08-2021

Maybe best ask here, how to post gifs and images please

RE: Welcome to ForumofGames - aaronjennings - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 01:49 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: How to get images and gifs to show up please help

Like Boards of Old, you need to click Insert Image and paste the link. Reply to this post, and in the row of options like bold, italic, etc. it's the 14th option to the left Smile

RE: Site Housekeeping - tusk - 08-08-2021

You need to go to the full reply. And in the toolbar there is a little icon that looks like a Polaroid photo. Hit that and add in the url

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40]

RE: Site Housekeeping - ShaneU - 08-08-2021

Is tweet embedding on the to do list?

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 03:18 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Is tweet embedding on the to do list?

it wasn't.....

testing

Code:
[twitter]https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1424268012568317952[/twitter]

Done.

RE: Welcome to ForumofGames - jp liz v1 - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 08:45 AM)aaronjennings Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 01:49 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: How to get images and gifs to show up please help

Like Boards of Old, you need to click Insert Image and paste the link. Reply to this post, and in the row of options like bold, italic, etc. it's the 14th option to the left Smile

[Image: uqAhm8vWccjc9xJU9]

On the phone won't show up

RE: Welcome to ForumofGames - Neowise - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 06:10 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 08:45 AM)aaronjennings Wrote: Like Boards of Old, you need to click Insert Image and paste the link. Reply to this post, and in the row of options like bold, italic, etc. it's the 14th option to the left Smile

[Image: uqAhm8vWccjc9xJU9]

On the phone won't show up

So you have this in the img tags
Code:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/watercolor-hand-drawn-champagne-glasses-watercolor-illustration-og-champagne-glasses-written-word-cheers-isolated-white-206120621.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/cheers-hand-champagne-glasses.html&tbnid=6xBZEKIsrMG97M&vet=1&docid=fBvdJdECSdk45M&w=800&h=835&hl=en-IE&source=sh/x/im

Whereas you need to get the pic url
Code:
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/watercolor-hand-drawn-champagne-glasses-watercolor-illustration-og-champagne-glasses-written-word-cheers-isolated-white-206120621.jpg

[Image: watercolor-hand-drawn-champagne-glasses-...120621.jpg]

Like that

RE: Site Housekeeping - Leg End Reject - 08-08-2021

I'd say Liz is just selecting the gif and copying the link address, rather than opening it in a new tab and copying the url. That's what caught me until Trigger said to open in a new tab.

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 10-08-2021

Last poster instead of thread starter is great! Thank you!

RE: Site Housekeeping - jp liz v1 - 15-08-2021

Is it mod only who can see how many thanks on a post

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 07:57 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Is it mod only who can see how many thanks on a post

nope,

if you go into user-cp and edit options, make sure you do not have "Display posts in classic mode." checked, as this suppresses the thanks being display.

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 28-08-2021

Have I lost the plot or has the font changed?

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 28-08-2021

(28-08-2021, 05:40 PM)nothing Wrote: Have I lost the plot or has the font changed?

I don't think you have lost the plot, their was a bug that i fixed, that was blocking some very secure browsers from downloading the correct font as it was attempting to come from a http site and not a secure https site. I fixed the bug, allowing the correct font to be displayed.
It just shows that you are using a nice secure browser that is protecting you from sites doing bad stuff. Big Grin

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 28-08-2021

Phew! And woo!

RE: Site Housekeeping - Spears - 01-09-2021

Can someone tell me if there is a way to get notifications by email of me being tagged when I'm not online? 

I can't see anything in my CP that mentions email notifications for being tagged.

Edit: just to add, I do get the notification when i log on. I'm asking more about getting notified when i'm not onlibne.

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 02-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 11:55 PM)Spears Wrote: Can someone tell me if there is a way to get notifications by email of me being tagged when I'm not online? 

I can't see anything in my CP that mentions email notifications for being tagged.

Edit: just to add, I do get the notification when i log on. I'm asking more about getting notified when i'm not onlibne.
Mentions are directly linked to Alerts not email notifications is my understanding so I'm not entirely sure we can do that. @Neowisemay know more

RE: Site Housekeeping - DejaBoo - 05-10-2021

I have a silly question please. Why can't I see which posts I thanked? It used to show who I thanked and who thanked my posts, but it seems gone now. Just wondering is all - did I click off something inadvertently?

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 06:21 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: I have a silly question please. Why can't I see which posts I thanked? It used to show who I thanked and who thanked my posts, but it seems gone now. Just wondering is all - did I click off something inadvertently?
Probably to do with the ongoing werewolf game with backrooms being held onsite due to off site site being down.

That’sa guess btw, i cant go poking atm due to ww game ?

(05-10-2021, 04:19 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:21 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: I have a silly question please. Why can't I see which posts I thanked? It used to show who I thanked and who thanked my posts, but it seems gone now. Just wondering is all - did I click off something inadvertently?
Probably to do with the ongoing werewolf game with backrooms being held onsite due to off site site being down.

That’sa guess btw, i cant go poking atm due to ww game ?
Thanks Neo, it's not a big deal, was just wondering if maybe I clicked off the function was all. 
No need to poke, but ta -- Happy Werewolfing ! Smile

RE: Site Housekeeping - Leg End Reject - 05-10-2021

(01-08-2021, 07:19 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Copy and paste from a previous post in the walrus thread:

Thanks aren't visible if you select "Display posts in classic mode" under Thread View options in your user CP. I found that out messing about with my setting.

Try this @DejaBoo

Oh, thanks Leg End!!! Will do that!..

......it worked, thanks !!! pac

RE: Site Housekeeping - fixxxer - 05-10-2021

I'm still not an admin?

?

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 11:29 PM)fixxxer Wrote: I'm still not an admin?

?
I remember what happened the last time you were made admin of anything

[Image: oh-i-member-south-park.gif]

RE: Site Housekeeping - davetherave - 11-10-2021

It's possibly because of a dark mode on here, or windows/phone, but if you copy text from a standard forum post into the PM text box or the full reply (not quick reply) it looks like nothing is there. It is there, it's just that it copies as white text into a white box. It's not a big deal, you can right click and paste as plain text or just highlight it and change the colour but there might be something that could be changed to make it like the quick reply box? Really not a big thing though, just something for you to ponder over.

[Image: tPsqdeN.png]

[Image: ngqnISt.png]

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 03:20 PM)davetherave Wrote: It's possibly because of a dark mode on here, or windows/phone, but if you copy text from a standard forum post into the PM text box or the full reply (not quick reply) it looks like nothing is there. It is there, it's just that it copies as white text into a white box. It's not a big deal, you can right click and paste as plain text or just highlight it and change the colour but there might be something that could be changed to make it like the quick reply box? Really not a big thing though, just something for you to ponder over.

[Image: tPsqdeN.png]

[Image: ngqnISt.png]
If you click on this button before you paste it will be all grand..

RE: Site Housekeeping - davetherave - 11-10-2021

It is indeed all grand. Thanks.

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 04:56 PM)davetherave Wrote: It is indeed all grand. Thanks.

Select all and pressing this button should remove all formatting too.
[Image: S3UiC04.png]

RE: Site Housekeeping - jp liz v1 - 30-11-2021

Anyone else finding it slow loading

RE: Site Housekeeping - Wichita Lineman - 30-11-2021

Chronically slow and even crashing altogether.

RE: Site Housekeeping - quickbeam - 30-11-2021

Whoohoo, seems to be back! Thanks peeps for resolving.

RE: Site Housekeeping - jp liz v1 - 30-11-2021

I got 503 error but OK now

RE: Site Housekeeping - Spears - 07-12-2021

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately so i'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but is anyone else having the time showing wrong on threads?

e.g a recent post was posted at around 12.20ish today while i'm online, but the time shows it was posted at 1.48pm or something. 

the last time I was online it was the same too, but i just thought it was a glitch that day.

Spears  Shy

RE: Site Housekeeping - Zaph - 07-12-2021

Toto had that problem the other day, the time displayed was an hour or two later than it actually was. She changed her time zone setting and it was OK after that.

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 07-12-2021

(31-10-2021, 03:57 PM)Neowise Wrote: userCP date and time for ireland.

[Image: SSgh2Am.png]

RE: Site Housekeeping - Spears - 07-12-2021

Brilliant. Thanks a lot guys Heart

I must have hit a button at some stage because the time used to be correct. it's just the last couple of times I've been online the it has been wrong

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 03:16 PM)Spears Wrote: Brilliant. Thanks a lot guys Heart

I must have hit a button at some stage because the time used to be correct. it's just the last couple of times I've been online the it has been wrong

It's been needed to be corrected since the clocks went back.