A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Site Housekeeping - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Site Housekeeping (/showthread.php?tid=2)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Site Housekeeping - tusk - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 09:35 PM)tusk Wrote: nice

*note to self - fix code block css :pac:

*note to self - good job

RE: Site Housekeeping - E.N. - 30-07-2021

OK - so the desktop is even better than the mobile. Again, great work guys

For the PM download it's just a formatting error in the sheepulator

It looks for a row of "====" to start a record, but this site downloads with "----"
It then takes the name from the 9th character of the first row, but here it's the 7th character of the second row
It then assumes the answers start on row 6, but here they start on row 5

I can't see how to get at the sheepulator code but if anyone knows how I assume that will be very easy to amend. Or is the format of the PM download easy to change?

Option three, I'd be able to write an excel page with a VBA script to adjust the formatting and share that. Not the most elegant way of doing it but I could make it work

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 30-07-2021

Tables will take a bit of getting used to also, but one you familiarise yourself with the code it's pretty easy.

way outside my wheelhouse I''m afraid. Maybe something Neo could help with

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 09:48 PM)Trigger Wrote: Tables will take a bit of getting used to also, but one you familiarise yourself with the code it's pretty easy.

At least they exist, which is a step up Smile

RE: Site Housekeeping - Leg End Reject - 30-07-2021

[Image: gamerhog-xT39D7D1jX4ZjGK5EI]

It won't embed for me.

On mobile, when I go to the search page, I can see the headings (search by keywords, forum etc) and I can see the "search" button at the bottom, but I think there's options to the right that I can't see at all

RE: Site Housekeeping - Necro - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 09:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: OK - so the desktop is even better than the mobile. Again, great work guys

It looks for a row of "====" to start a record, but this site downloads with "----"
It then takes the name from the 9th character of the first row, but here it's the 7th character of the second row

I can't see how to get at the sheepulator code but if anyone knows how I assume that will be very easy to amend. Or is the format of the PM download easy to change?

Option three, I'd be able to write an excel page with a VBA script to adjust the formatting and share that. Not the most elegant way of doing it but I could make it work

Is this the code you're looking for in relation to the sheepulator EN?

https://github.com/blue-sun-tech/SheepScore/releases/tag/2.1

(30-07-2021, 09:51 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: [Image: gamerhog-xT39D7D1jX4ZjGK5EI]

It won't embed for me.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117482b2cb66d11143e0...y.gif&ct=g]

Hmmm

RE: Site Housekeeping - RSOAPS - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 09:48 PM)Trigger Wrote: Tables will take a bit of getting used to also, but one you familiarise yourself with the code it's pretty easy.

Mock Table

Forum GamerRandom NumberRandom Colour
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick23Yellow
Trigger7Blue
sKeith42Red
Necro13Green
tusk69Pink

69. nice

Can we get a MSPaint subforum somewhere pretty please and many thanks

(30-07-2021, 10:13 PM)nothing Wrote: Can we get a MSPaint subforum somewhere pretty please and many thanks

Of course!

RE: Site Housekeeping - quickbeam - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:

Mock Table

Trigger7Blue
sKeith42Red
Necro13Green
tusk69Pink

Nice.  You have to share the knowledge.

(30-07-2021, 09:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: OK - so the desktop is even better than the mobile. Again, great work guys

Oh - for PM downloads there's no way to select messages. But you can select read or unread (but not both?) and a date limit (older than/newer than) which is fine really. If you got loads of other PMs it would be awkward but I don't see that happening here

Hope that was useful guys

MS Paint sub forum sorted. The lads will look at the issue with the advanced editor on mobile soon too, I won't say exactly when though cos it's been a lonnnnngggg day pac

(30-07-2021, 09:54 PM)Necro Wrote: Is this the code you're looking for in relation to the sheepulator EN?https://github.com/blue-sun-tech/SheepScore/releases/tag/2.1
Ah of course, it's there

I'm not much of a coder but leave it with me, I'll see if I can work out how to produce a localised version for us

RE: Site Housekeeping - RSOAPS - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 10:28 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(30-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:

Mock Table

Trigger7Blue
sKeith42Red
Necro13Green
tusk69Pink

Nice.  You have to share the knowledge.

Was simply a case of playing around and using preview post until I had tweaked it to how I wanted.

Underneath the Smilies (on the left of the text editor) you should see the TableGenerator button (thanks to Neowise), used that to put in all the info, generated the code, changed the [ table=95 ] to [ table=60 ] to make it fit a bit nicer and then simply used Bold, Italics, and Underline as you usually would for styling a post...

As Trigger said, once we get familiar with the code, it'll be easier to do up a table on the fly or add to a Sign-Ups table...

No idea how you'd go about transferring a scoreboard from Excel or anything without having to input the code in between everything, but I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out how to do it sooner or later.

RE: Site Housekeeping - quickbeam - 30-07-2021

Ahh, good to know. I hadn't even seen the Table Generator link

NameRole
JohnButcher
MikeBaker
DavidCandlestick Maker

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 30-07-2021

(30-07-2021, 10:45 PM)Necro Wrote:
NameRole
JohnButcher
MikeBaker
DavidCandlestick Maker

You have them all as headers

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 31-07-2021

Hmm, PMs seem to automatically quote the conversation. I don't know if that bugs anyone else, but it's bugging me a bit

RE: Site Housekeeping - Trigger - 31-07-2021

(31-07-2021, 01:05 PM)nothing Wrote: Hmm, PMs seem to automatically quote the conversation. I don't know if that bugs anyone else, but it's bugging me a bit

Pm me a random message and I'll have a look and see what the issue is

RE: Site Housekeeping - quickbeam - 31-07-2021

Old Boards did that too, but you can just delete the quoted bit when replying if you choose to.

How does one get a custom title? I presume I went from Newbie to Junior Member after X number of posts. But I see some posters have something entirely different. How do I get one of those (in case I ever come up with something clever enough to use).

RE: Site Housekeeping - RSOAPS - 31-07-2021

(31-07-2021, 09:39 PM)quickbeam Wrote: How does one get a custom title?  I presume I went from Newbie to Junior Member after X number of posts.  But I see some posters have something entirely different.  How do I get one of those (in case I ever come up with something clever enough to use).

Have a dig around in your User CP and you should find a place to enter a Custom Title... Can't remember where exactly I found it, but stumbled upon it quite easily while editing my profile so shouldn't be too difficult to find...

I mean, it was MAGIC!!!

RE: Site Housekeeping - RSOAPS - 31-07-2021

(31-07-2021, 09:45 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(31-07-2021, 09:39 PM)quickbeam Wrote: How does one get a custom title?  I presume I went from Newbie to Junior Member after X number of posts.  But I see some posters have something entirely different.  How do I get one of those (in case I ever come up with something clever enough to use).

Have a dig around in your User CP and you should find a place to enter a Custom Title... Can't remember where exactly I found it, but stumbled upon it quite easily while editing my profile so shouldn't be too difficult to find...

I mean, it was MAGIC!!!

Went back to look, it's on your Edit Profile page, about halfway down, ya can't miss it.

Found it, ta very much!

RE: Site Housekeeping - quickbeam - 03-08-2021

Do we need thread ratings? I think maybe scrap them if it's possible. I see some threads already getting ratings that may be more a slip of the mouse than genuine, but don't seem to be a true reflection.

RE: Site Housekeeping - Necro - 03-08-2021

I've turned that off now.

RE: Site Housekeeping - Necro - 03-08-2021

Tusk has just set up thread prefixes for game sign ups etc.

Nice!!

Oooh, I just got my first Alert. Nice addition!

RE: Site Housekeeping - RSOAPS - 03-08-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Site Housekeeping - Clarabel - 04-08-2021

Could be me being dumb but you know what would be REAL handy? when you open a thread to go to where you last read? This is particularly relevant for WW....god love me having to re-read posts to find out where I am!

RE: Site Housekeeping - Necro - 04-08-2021

We already have that feature. Just click on the blue arrow beside the thread and it brings you to the first unread post of the thread after you left it  Tongue

RE: Site Housekeeping - nothing - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:00 AM)Clarabel Wrote: Could be me being dumb but you know what would be REAL handy?  when you open a thread to go to where you last read?  This is particularly relevant for WW....god love me having to re-read posts to find out where I am!

Click the little blue arrow Smile

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:00 AM)Clarabel Wrote: Could be me being dumb but you know what would be REAL handy?  when you open a thread to go to where you last read?  This is particularly relevant for WW....god love me having to re-read posts to find out where I am!

[Image: image0.png]

Press the highlighted blue arrow to get to last unread post

RE: Site Housekeeping - Neowise - 04-08-2021

Suppose somebody could increase the size of the arrow so it’s not referred to as the little blue arrow. Maybe.

RE: Site Housekeeping - tusk - 04-08-2021

Click the very aptly sized blue arrow