A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Rant Thread - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Rant Thread (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 22-12-2021

Be careful on the roads, drivers and pedestrians get a bit bananas this time of year: their minds are elsewhere. To give two examples from today I saw a woman walk out of the supermarket and walk right in front of a car that was pulling out she seemed to be zoned out. At a roundabout I saw a car almost get creamed by a 40 footer that was fairly belting along, if the lorry had made contact I wouldn't have held out much hope for the car driver.

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 22-12-2021

A truck crashed into buses and cars at the airport too, no serious injuries thankfully.

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 23-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 11:00 PM)cee_jay Wrote: In M&S this evening for some last minute gift buying. Woman behind me in the queue discussing her dinner plans for tomorrow, if her PCR from earlier comes back positive they will have to cancel their table...
Why are you in Liffey Valley if you are waiting on a PCR?!?!?!
I was at Liffey Valley today too Tongue

Was there with my daughter. Some guy started having a go at at me as we were in his way for about 5 seconds, told me I shouldn't be shopping with a kid

...we were in the kids section of H&M

RE: The Rant Thread - Tigger - 23-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 11:00 PM)cee_jay Wrote: In M&S this evening for some last minute gift buying. Woman behind me in the queue discussing her dinner plans for tomorrow, if her PCR from earlier comes back positive they will have to cancel their table...
My son asked someone if they'd mind staying back 6 feet in a queue and they basically told him Santa's not real in retaliation.

He's 5

All I can say is beconing a father has mellowed me in ways I'm only really starting to appreciate and that I replied "idiot says what" and left without our purchases.

Told him she was basically a mental person and we asked like ten random people in a row" is Santa real?"  on the way to the car and they all answered in depth in the affirmative.
So it's ok 
Like be anti Vax be anti mask but give people personal space and don't attack kids Christmas magic because you are not enjoying covid

Only pharma shareholders are enjoying covid.

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 23-12-2021

^^ some people out there are utter c****

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 23-12-2021

I hope all doubt was removed by the other nice people who said Santa was real @Tigger.

It takes a special kind of asshole to say that to a child, nevermind so close to Christmas. I hope her Christmas is ruined after that.

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 24-12-2021

(23-12-2021, 09:26 PM)Tigger Wrote:
My son asked someone if they'd mind staying back 6 feet in a queue and they basically told him Santa's not real in retaliation.

He's 5

I would have just told my kid that the lady probably doesn't think Santa is real becuase she never got any presents off him, because she is such a naughty person !  Tongue

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 24-12-2021

I was watching Office Christmas Party last night and there was a scene where a little girl stole Jennifer Aniston's bun at the airport so she pretended to ring Santa and told him that the girl was being a little shit so cancel all her presents, and sneak in when she's asleep and take her teddy bear. Cry
It made me think of this thread, but at least Jennifer wasn't saying to the girl that Santa didn't exist.  Dodgy

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 26-12-2021

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but if somebody gives you clothes as a present they should include a gift receipt in case it doesn't fit or else they should say' let me know if it doesn't fit and I'll give you the receipt so you can go back and get a different size'.

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 26-12-2021

Well, imagine being told no we are not doing gifts this year, to be showered with stocking fillers and you give back a silly thing bought last minute ...

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 27-12-2021

When it rains it pours, two positive tests in the household since the funeral. Couldn't give a fuck tbh, one of the worst things that could ever happen to us has just occurred so this is like stepping in a puddle after a 5 mile run in a hurricane. We'll do the usual isolation and PCR test booked for tomorrow (that was an ordeal in and of itself). Not going back to work for the forseeable anyways as I'm just not up to it but ugh I just feel like we're cursed this Christmas or something Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 27-12-2021

That sucks, Necro. Mind yourselves.

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 27-12-2021

It's a shit show. 
Monday last week i started to feel sick, and tested positive on Thursday. Been stuck in this apartment. Holiday ruined and flying back to Ireland this weekend is now uncertain.

Mind yourselves Necro.

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 04:57 PM)Barna77 Wrote: It's a shit show. 
Monday last week i started to feel sick, and tested positive on Thursday. Been stuck in this apartment. Holiday ruined and flying back to Ireland this weekend is now uncertain.

Mind yourselves Necro.

Oh no, sorry to hear that Sad Butty has a game for fun up today if you need some mind bending distraction (I'm struggling to get them pac)

RE: The Rant Thread - aaronjennings - 27-12-2021

I'm so sorry to hear that Necro, I know it's hard but try to stay strong

That really sucks, Barna. My father was sick over Christmas, so we had to cancel our plans and spend the whole day stuck at home

RE: The Rant Thread - cee_jay - 27-12-2021

Really sorry to hear that Necro, hopefully they aren't too sick with it.
Same as you Barna, hope you get home soon.
I'm officially a close contact, just waiting for it to hit this house. My niece drank from the same bottle of water as our close contact, so I think it's only going to be another day or so here .

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 27-12-2021

I opened a cardboard box of biscuits and only realised when I started eating them that there is way more plastic and fresh air in it than biscuits.
The nicest biscuit only has one on each of the two levels. There was six or eight of them in a tub last year. Rip off. Dodgy

While on the subject: plain boring biscuits like non chocolate digestives should not be allowed in the tin.

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 11:42 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I opened a cardboard box of biscuits and only realised when I started eating them that there is way more plastic and fresh air in it than biscuits.
The nicest biscuit only has one on each of the two levels. There was six or eight of them in a tub last year. Rip off. Dodgy

While on the subject: plain boring biscuits like non chocolate digestives should not be allowed in the tin.

I got fox's as a present, was definitely disappointed with the offering, especially as the outer cardboard claimed the packaging was reduced, but there were 2 plastic trays with plastic over them.

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 08:07 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Really sorry to hear that Necro, hopefully they aren't too sick with it.
Same as you Barna, hope you get home soon.
I'm officially a close contact, just waiting for it to hit this house. My niece drank from the same bottle of water as our close contact, so I think it's only going to be another day or so here .
Been told  on numerous occasions (by medical staff) that due to my health, I will  experience serious complications and most likely die when (not if) I get it... and not a single neighbour bothers masking up, roaming the halls and elevator openly coughing near my door... makes even the most basic daily  living, a life or death situation. 

I hope you all are ok - cj, Necro, Barna and all those affected.

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 28-12-2021

Watching the morning news, here in Chicago from Jan 5th proof of vaccination and ID checks will be mandatory on bars, restaurants, and all hospitality industry. 
A little too late?? There's this restaurant manager complaining they need time to adapt to the measures... 

To avoid any staff shortages, isolation has been halved to five days, so I'm looking forward to get out of this apartment for some needed fresh air. 
But of course there's snow warnings for today.

FML

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 11:42 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I opened a cardboard box of biscuits and only realised when I started eating them that there is way more plastic and fresh air in it than biscuits.

Yet another biscuit rant: only opened one day and they are starting to get that white mould on the chocolate and they taste a bit stale.

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 28-12-2021

Insomnia headaches suckkkkk rocks....  Angry

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 10:50 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Insomnia headaches suckkkkk rocks....  Angry

I feel you! Lack of sleep is my main migraine trigger Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - dawg - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 10:50 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Insomnia headaches suckkkkk rocks....  Angry
Insomnia deceptively complicated. 

Had this going on for some years. Brutal, just Brutal time Angry .  Was sorted by an old and very experienced rheumatology consultant.  Questioned me for less than 5 min. knew exactly what was going on and how to fix it ( and fix it he did Smile  ).  

IME if other med stuff going on then sheer chance if sorted by OTC or at GP level *

'Why we Sleep' by Mathew Walker an interesting read ( or listen - audiobook )

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 30-12-2021

(16-12-2021, 11:09 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I was watching the RTE news last night and it was their same old message: we are all going to die, and it is all your fault! Yes YOU personally! The way they go on it is like you are back in school again with a cross teacher giving out to you. Dodgy
Anyway I changed the channel and there was a choir of children singing Christmas carols. My spirits sarted to lift straight away and I started to feel really positive and uplifted.
You don't even realise how much of a downer and how negative and depressing/ oppressing a vibe the news shows are putting you into when you are watching them. Sad
So I have decided to give myself an early Christmas present: no more news until the New Year, maybe never. I'm going to have a much more positive and relaxed Christmas  Smile
I have stayed away from the news and I do feel much better for it. It was the right choice too because earlier on I saw a small bit of a news report from Belfast about testing centres. At the end of the piece the outside broadcaster said, out of the blue, for no real reason whatsoever, and in a very dramatic and doom laden voice (he actually reminded me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons) 'COVID IS STILL HERE! IT IS HERE FOR GOOD. IT IS NOT GOING AWAY!'
Golly! How could he possibly be so sure of that unless he is
1. The worlds greatest virus scientist.
2. The worlds greatest psychic.
3. God.
And here was I thinking he was just some chimp in a suit and tie who gets paid to read stuff off a teleprompter. Confused

Judging by how pissed off that 1 minute of exposure to the news made me, I have definitley made the right choice to give it the heave ho. Smile

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 31-12-2021

Cadbury Roses need more Hazelnut Swirls in the tin

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 03-01-2022

F off jet lag

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 03-01-2022

(31-12-2021, 12:11 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Cadbury Roses need more Hazelnut Swirls in the tin

I hate Roses, but I think something that is even worse... Heroes!

Fekin tub of absolute shit sweets Angry 

At a push I'd probably eat the caramel if there were nothing else in the house, but the rest of the tub is pure muck.

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 03-01-2022

The tubs get smaller each year

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 03-01-2022

(14-12-2021, 10:27 AM)Declan A Walsh Wrote:
(14-12-2021, 10:12 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: Rant: You come back to your car and someone has parked too close to your door so you have to do some weird drunken looking acrobatics that will be amusing to any onlookers in order to get in. Worse again if it has been raining so you get a wet back and ass sliding up against the car.

Similar if the carpark is full and in the only free space a driver has parked over the line on your side so you get to exit the car looking like you are as full as the boyne.

It is the carelessness and the lack of consideration that gets to me with some people's parking. Sometimes, in a shopping centre, there can be a line of cars parked across parking spaces and you have no option but to join this pattern and you don't know who started it! Occasionally, outside a small row of shops locally, I might see a car parked horizontally across parking spaces instead of parking vertically,  thus using up a minimum of three spaces!

One thing that I don't get is when there are plenty of spaces available outside the local shops and someone decides instead to park on the road on double yellow lines! What is the logic there?

Another thing that gets to me is when someone parks in a disabled parking spot and they do not have a disabled parking permit.
Some bum did that to me again the other day. As close to the passenger side as they could possibly get, to make it worse there were lots of free spaces so they didn't have to park anywhere near me. I had to reverse out to let my passenger in. Tempted to write a message in the dust on the drivers door I was. Angry

RE: The Rant Thread - aaronjennings - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 06:01 PM)Spears Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 12:11 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Cadbury Roses need more Hazelnut Swirls in the tin

I hate Roses, but I think something that is even worse... Heroes!

Fekin tub of absolute shit sweets Angry 

At a push I'd probably eat the caramel if there were nothing else in the house, but the rest of the tub is pure muck.

I had this debate with my mother over Christmas

Celebrations are the best
Roses are second, marginally ahead of Heroes
Quality Street are adrift in fourth

RE: The Rant Thread - dawg - 03-01-2022

Butty, seems that Tesla have that sorted ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDTtUArllNY )  Good news if you have a Tesla.  Bad news if there is a Tesla parked beside you...

RE: The Rant Thread - Declan A Walsh - 03-01-2022

It really annoys me when I am stuck in a line of traffic on a lane for going straight on and someone leaves the lane, zooms up the lane for turning right and then forces their way back in to the lane for going straight on. It's a frequent event on a stretch of road near where I live.

Another annoying thing is when someone overtakes you on a roundabout from the right hand side and drives straight in front of you.

There are a lot of bad drivers in Ireland.

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 08:50 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I had this debate with my mother over Christmas

Celebrations are the best
Roses are second, marginally ahead of Heroes
Quality Street are adrift in fourth

Celebrations are great because they have Snickers!  Tongue

When I was younger I wasn't a fan of chocolate at all, but Snickers & Ferrero Rocher were my two favorites. Still are, along with Bueno now too.

& actually I do like Quality Street (the green triangle is delish).
I'd happily take a box over Roses

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 05-01-2022

Novak Djokovic does not deserve special treatment

RE: The Rant Thread - Zaph - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 10:07 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Novak Djokovic does not deserve special treatment

And he's not getting it.  The Aussies have just cancelled his visa and he's to be deported.  Serves him right.

RE: The Rant Thread - Diamonds of Frost - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 10:50 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 10:07 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Novak Djokovic does not deserve special treatment

And he's not getting it.  The Aussies have just cancelled his visa and he's to be deported.  Serves him right.
The right decision. I support our right to choose but not special treatment because of who you are.

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 06-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 10:50 PM)Zaph Wrote:

The right decision by Australian authority government etc.,

RE: The Rant Thread - Mam of 4 - 06-01-2022

Self centered , vile , unempathetic people who have no consideration for others circumstances once their own set "standards"are upheld .
Fcukwits .

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 06-01-2022

I dont have pm's on notification status, so am slow to reply. Ranting at self stupidity.

Hope you are ok mam.