A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Rant Thread - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Rant Thread (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 21-11-2022

(18-11-2022, 06:15 PM)E.N. Wrote: Fecking ex-landlord took 8 weeks to reply to us about returning our deposit and is now trying to take €650 out of it. All bulls--- reasons but it'll be hassle sorting it out now. We treated that place like our own, I fixed up loads of issues myself, they ignored all the others. So frustrating

Still, good to have a vindictive project to work on now Tongue

Former landlord tried to do the same. I went as far as threatening with legal action and after an stressful week, he backed off.

Landlords shouldn't burn in hell. That would be a treatment too kind.
They deserve to be punished like Prometheus in Greek mythology.
EDIT: Zeus punished Prometheus by having him nailed to a mountain in the Caucasus and then sent an eagle to eat his immortal liver, which constantly replenished itself.

RE: The Rant Thread - Declan A Walsh - 21-11-2022

Some people are still driving carelessly or worse this morning, even in the driving rain where visibility is bad.

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 21-11-2022

(21-11-2022, 08:38 AM)Barna77 Wrote: Former landlord tried to do the same. I went as far as threatening with legal action and after an stressful week, he backed off.

Landlords shouldn't burn in hell. That would be a treatment too kind.
They deserve to be punished like Prometheus in Greek mythology.
EDIT: Zeus punished Prometheus by having him nailed to a mountain in the Caucasus and then sent an eagle to eat his immortal liver, which constantly replenished itself.
Ha ha, that might be a little harsh, but I'll consider it 😂

Send a 7 page letter back detailing how everything they said was bull. Luckily the letting agent had taken lots of photos at move in and move out. Told them they had a week to return our deposit or I'd complain to the RTB, so we'll see what happens

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 21-11-2022

My main issue with landlords and moving out is they seem to think that a house is going to be immaculate. Certain things need replacing or freshening up after being used/lived in for a number of years.

No I'm not replacing your cheap ass, IKEA couch or repainting your bathroom after 4 years (last landlord we had was a prick too) you tight fucker. That's called wear and tear and is allowed by law.

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 21-11-2022

(21-11-2022, 12:10 PM)Necro Wrote: My main issue with landlords and moving out is they seem to think that a house is going to be immaculate. Certain things need replacing or freshening up after being used/lived in for a number of years.

No I'm not replacing your cheap ass, IKEA couch or repainting your bathroom after 4 years (last landlord we had was a prick too) you tight fucker. That's called wear and tear and is allowed by law.
Yep - we had one string broken on a venetian blind. Easy repair. They replaced the entire thing and tried to charge us for it. Looking up the address on line you can see the blinds were there when they bought the place in 2009.

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 23-11-2022

I can feel the insomnia in my bones tonight... 😆 Hopefully an advance rant will make a liar out of me and I'll be asleep before I know it 🤣🤞😅

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 23-11-2022

(23-11-2022, 12:46 AM)ari101 Wrote: I can feel the insomnia in my bones tonight... 😆 Hopefully an advance rant will make a liar out of me and I'll be asleep before I know it 🤣🤞😅

I'm claiming this somewhat worked, it wasn't as bad as I feared 😆

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 25-11-2022

Outlook rage!!!

RE: The Rant Thread - ShaneU - 25-11-2022

Black Friday... more Reduce our tat no-one wants and keep everything else full price Friday

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 26-11-2022

(25-11-2022, 02:15 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Black Friday... more Reduce our tat no-one wants and keep everything else full price Friday

Some increase their prices before and then claim "big reductions"

RE: The Rant Thread - BuileBeag - 01-12-2022

Me: Always late for everything

Me this morning: 

I'M EARLY!!!! 
[Image: friday-cameron-diaz.gif]

Road Cleaner: 

[Image: ruin-ruin-your-life.gif]

Sad Sad Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 04-12-2022

I am too quick to jump to conclusions. If I can't find something I start rhinking 'now who has taken that on me?' then it usually turns out my stupid self left it somewhere and forgot all about it.  Dodgy

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 04-12-2022

Could the call the tomato and pepper focaccia, tomato and chilli or chilli pepper focaccia???
🥵🥵🥵🤣🤣🤣

(it does still taste nice but my mouth is burnt off me 🤣)

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 04-12-2022

I procrastinate cleaning the apartment all day Saturday, always leaving the mess for Sunday ...and I hate spending what's left of Sunday on last weeks mess when I should be preparing for Monday instead.

(if that makes any sense)

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 04-12-2022

also, whenever I see Homer Fongs name listed (like in mspaint), I have this  Blush quirky reaction of relating his name to a song (for no reason I am aware of).... but the frustrating thing is,  I can't identify the tune to save my sanity.

The rhythm goes like dum, dum, dum, duduh, dum dum dum.... If anyone knows it, take me out of misery please.  pac

now it's in my head, dum dum dum duduh dum dum dum

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 06-12-2022

(04-12-2022, 09:20 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: also, whenever I see Homer Fongs name listed (like in mspaint), I have this  Blush quirky reaction of relating his name to a song (for no reason I am aware of).... but the frustrating thing is,  I can't identify the tune to save my sanity.

The rhythm goes like dum, dum, dum, duduh, dum dum dum.... If anyone knows it, take me out of misery please.  pac

It might be this, his name fits the music perfectly. HOMER J FONG, DUH DUH DUH DUN. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 09:05 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 09:20 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: also, whenever I see Homer Fongs name listed (like in mspaint), I have this  Blush quirky reaction of relating his name to a song (for no reason I am aware of).... but the frustrating thing is,  I can't identify the tune to save my sanity.

It might be this, his name fits the music perfectly. HOMER J FONG, DUH DUH DUH DUN. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks, oh that would be great BB! ...if I thought along the lines of Classical!   Blush
It is prolly more like.... (but this isn't it :/ either - its driving me nuts)

everybuddy needs their own entrance music Big Grin ...sephs is pink panther, cos he seems full of mischief

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 09:35 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 09:05 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: It might be this, his name fits the music perfectly. HOMER J FONG, DUH DUH DUH DUN. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thanks, oh that would be great BB! ...if I thought along the lines of Classical!   Blush
It is prolly more pop, like maybe....

everybuddy needs their own entrance music Big Grin ...sephs is pink panther, cos he seems full of mischief
There's a new game in that idea, Deja!

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 09:35 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 09:05 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: It might be this, his name fits the music perfectly. HOMER J FONG, DUH DUH DUH DUN. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
It is prolly more pop, like maybe....

Usually if you try thinking about something else the answer will pop into your head like magic. Why not, for instance take your mind off it by entering a game, hint hint https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=413&pid=70604#pid70604

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F_qsB...ipo=images]

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 07-12-2022

[Image: sheep-hurdling_f2.gif?w=300]

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 07-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 09:35 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: everybuddy needs their own entrance music Big Grin ...sephs is pink panther, cos he seems full of mischief

Ooooh, I do like this game!  Tongue

Butty's choice was what I thought of at first aswel. 

Now this stupid tune below is stuck in my head. I don't even know this song, but I know the opening piece from somewhere.
Feel like ive heard a remixed version, with lady singing it!? Or it's been used in an Ad maybe.
Or I could be totally off lol. 

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 10:37 PM)Spears Wrote:

(06-12-2022, 09:35 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: everybuddy needs their own entrance music Big Grin ...sephs is pink panther, cos he seems full of mischief

Ooooh, I do like this game!  Tongue

Butty's choice was what I thought of at first aswel. 

Now this stupid tune below is stuck in my head. I don't even know this song, but I know the opening piece from somewhere.
Feel like ive heard a remixed version, with lady singing it!? Or it's been used in an Ad maybe.
Or I could be totally off lol. 

Suzanne Vega, Tom's Diner?

If it sticks in my head I'll kill you! 🤪

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 10:59 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Suzanne Vega, Tom's Diner?

If it sticks in my head I'll kill you! 🤪

Ah good woman!!!  

Yes, that's what I had in my head. Tried to look it up but couldn't figure out the song.

Told you I love this game  Wink

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 07-12-2022

@Leg End Reject Oh no I haven't even pressed play and it is stuck... 😂

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 07-12-2022

Sorry @ari101, it's a very irritating song!

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 08-12-2022

Lol, those are great!

With your help Big Grin my head has narrowed it down to some sort of, well, bouncy tune that goes... Dong dong dong, dingy dong dong dong (if that helps, Idk).

I swear I don't know any songs what goes dong dong dong dingy dong dong dong (country songs don't bounce!)... 'n how it got stuck with Homers name I may never know... :/ but that's all I got so far.

Thanks for trying ...and for ear worming yourselves into musical oblivion ( I am sorry). :o

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 08-12-2022

God I hate banks. The judgement is mad, I'm only asking for a loan not to sacrifice your first born you smarmy git!

RE: The Rant Thread - ShaneU - 08-12-2022

This has worked for me before

https://blog.google/products/search/hum-to-search/

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:01 PM)ShaneU Wrote:

This has worked for me before

Thanks Smile 

Done...
.... STATUS RESULT: None   Huh

Maybe it's just a quirky tune in my head with no basis in reality, idk.

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 08-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:14 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:01 PM)ShaneU Wrote: This has worked for me before

Thanks Smile 

Done...

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 08-12-2022

[quote pid="70820" dateline="1670519664"]

Thanks Smile 

Done...

[/quote]

Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin
I thought exactly the same lol.

I was starting to think the tune in my head, sung by a lady, was just me, singing the tune over & over again  Blush

It was annoying me so much because I couldn't find the song & was searching for ages. 

NEVER GIVE UP DEJA Wink

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 08-12-2022

(Oops don't know what happened that quote)

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 09-12-2022

(08-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Necro Wrote:
Thanks Necro, I am sorry but that song is Big Grin  hopping - seriously needs to be someones theme song, I keep listening to it!  Cool

(08-12-2022, 07:55 PM)Spears Wrote: Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin
I thought exactly the same lol.

I was starting to think the tune in my head, sung by a lady, was just me, singing the tune over & over again  Blush

It was annoying me so much because I couldn't find the song & was searching for ages. 

NEVER GIVE UP DEJA Wink
lol, Spears! Big Grin that is brilliant!

For now, I shall just have to file it away under the unknown fong dong diggy song Smile

RE: The Rant Thread - Homer J. Fong - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 02:07 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: the unknown fong

Cry

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 02:07 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: lol, Spears! Big Grin that is brilliant!

For now, I shall just have to file it away under the unknown fong dong diggy tune Smile

I really wanted this to say 'the unknown fong dong diggy song'

That's what it says in my head 😂😂😂

(09-12-2022, 03:14 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 02:07 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: lol, Spears! Big Grin that is brilliant!

For now, I shall just have to file it away under the unknown fong dong diggy tune Smile

I really wanted this to say 'the unknown fong dong diggy song'

That's what it says in my head 😂😂😂
fmp Big Grin  hahahaha!

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 09-12-2022

My tootsies were like ice cubes all day! Sad 
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...ipo=images]

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 10-12-2022

For @Butty Brennan  and @Sephiroth_Dude

[Image: 1663038431ee0463af94c6bf4b3c78c88c8e8fba..._600x.webp]

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 10-12-2022

Nice tan you have there Liz Tongue