A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games (/showthread.php?tid=187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - ari101 - 20-10-2021

Ok I'm rather behind here but...

@davetherave Sorry for q8 but otherwise decent team work for us Smile

@Wichita Lineman I knew Omhs but I did not know Mohs, I was 50:50 between Shom and Homs myself, Mohs just didn't cross my mind Confused pac

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Mam of 4 - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I guessed that GAA one, can't believe I was so close! Poor Mam went back a tad too far. Big Grin

I think at that point I had ignored the questions and just kept putting in random numbers for answers pac

True story btw!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - RSOAPS - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: SCORES AFTER ROUND 4:

A great round for RSoaps, whose tally of 5 points sees them move one point clear in first. Cee_Jay lurks just one point behind

[Image: C29HHS0.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - nothing - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:31 PM)nothing Wrote: Hmmm... Well, the secret is out!

No no no no noooooo! 

It's worse than that! 

I had 1885 on my notebook! 

Wtf nothing! Check for typos in future!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - cee_jay - 20-10-2021

Being forced to watch I'm a Celeb every year really paid off for me this round. It was the other part of the question I struggled with.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Leg End Reject - 20-10-2021

I think I used the wrong picture, was that one not the Joel Dommett picture?

(20-10-2021, 09:37 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Being forced to watch I'm a Celeb every year really paid off for me this round. It was the other part of the question I struggled with.

I'd like to give a shoutout to Covid19 for forcing me to stay in my house and watch shit TV last year... pac

(20-10-2021, 09:39 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I think I used the wrong picture, was that one not the Joel Dommett picture?

Oh sweet summer child... Joel Dommett wasn't pictured in this game Leggie...

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - aaronjennings - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:39 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I think I used the wrong picture, was that one not the Joel Dommett picture?

Joel Dommett did not appear in any of the pictures, I'm afraid, but I can see how you thought it was him Smile

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - quickbeam - 20-10-2021

I don't know who any of these people are!

Q18:

Unlike the previous, which had an easy question and difficult picture, this one had an easy picture but difficult question. Who is up to date on their YouTube knowledge?

By far the best of the wrong answers was “Gizmo Farah”, which was submitted by two players - I don’t know if the Gizmo Guys are a group, but it sounds plausible to be.

The YouTubers are called The Slow Mo Guys (if you’ve seen their videos, you’ll probably know who they are, even if their names didn’t click), and the picture was of Mo Farah, which means the answer I wanted was the ironically-named Slow Mo Farah

[Image: lenbnvq.png]

(20-10-2021, 09:40 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:

Oh sweet summer child... Joel Dommett wasn't pictured in this game Leggie...
I was convinced that was him and randomly picked the Michael part! Big Grin

(20-10-2021, 09:14 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: ROUND 4 - I’M TERRIBLE AT DATING

Q13:

Everyone did well on this question, as every answer submitted fell in to a 20-year period from 1990 to 2010. The correct answer is almost bang in the middle, that being 1999, which one person correctly identified, receiving two points for their efforts. If you answered within four years of that answer, then you will have collected a point also

Just like Round 2, a minimum of 10 people will receive points for each question in this round, which may increase depending on tied answers

[Image: 9iv6Mct.png]

Sweet, I thought it might actually be earlier in the 90s but figured it wouldn't be by much unless it spread very slowly Smile

Damnit. I was actually going to put Slow Mo as I thought it'd be funny. But I was holding out for inspiration on what I thought was the correct answer, and then never changed it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shortened the names to two words !

FoMo Farrah is by far the best answer there... well played @ari101

More of a JOMO person myself of course...  Tongue

Q19:

By a big margin, this was the Round 5 answer which the most people knew

While some opted for “The White Cliffs of Handsome Kent” and others went for “White Cliff Jean”, the correct answer I wanted was the White Cliffs of Dovernon Kay. One person was very unlucky, as they submitted “White Cliffs of Vernon Kay” - it had the Answers, but not the Smash. Will that prove costly in the final tally?

Funnily enough, the White Cliffs of Dover came up in Answer Smash in the actual show last week as well Big Grin

[Image: G0SLYCN.png]

Shout Out to Edser for the FoMo Wink

(20-10-2021, 09:47 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Q19:

By a big margin, this was the Round 5 answer which the most people knew - it was answered correctly just once less than Qs 17, 18 and 20 combined.

While some opted for “The White Cliffs of Handsome Kent” and others went for “White Cliff Jean”, the correct answer I wanted was the White Cliffs of Dovernon Kay. One person was very unlucky, as they submitted “White Cliffs of Vernon Kay” - it had the Answers, but not the Smash. Will that prove costly in the final tally?

Funnily enough, the White Cliffs of Dover came up in Answer Smash in the actual show last week as well Big Grin

[Image: G0SLYCN.png]
Noooooooo! Why didn't I proof read my answer???

Ha! My first thought was Bantry Bay and I was confused by Bantry Vernon K/Bay. I queried this and Nitters answer made me rethink. Tongue

Well Vernon Kay... That little b****x' name drove me nuts as I knew it must be something to do with the Cliffs and I could not remember his buggering name Big Grin

P.S. Loving White Cliff Jean Big Grin

Q20:

A Venn diagram of football fanatics and reality TV addicts would produce a very small overlap, so I knew this was going to be a difficult question to end the game. Quite a few people knew one name or the other, but who knew both?

“Darren Fletcher” is by far my favourite incorrect answer of the whole game… it is so far away, and yet so bizarrely close

“Luigiovanna Fletcher” is probably the closest out of all the incorrect answers, however the correct answer was  Roberto Baggiovanna Fletcher - a combination of Roberto Baggio and Giovanna Fletcher - which only four people knew

[Image: cDrvtxb.png]

(20-10-2021, 09:49 PM)ari101 Wrote: Shout Out to Edser for the FoMo Wink

Oops! Didn't see Edser also went for that... Well played to you too @Edser

SCORES AFTER ROUND 5:

Which means, that after five rounds, 20 questions, your winner is:

[Image: PXZX5fh.png]

Congratulations RSoaps, you walk away with the trophy, and the most-coveted of all daytime-TV gameshow prizes: the luggage case

[Image: WSwAaLm.jpg]

[Image: EpsiKPU.png]

Well done RSoaps and Cee-Jay and the joint bronzers.

Especially well done AJ. That was a great game. I want more! Smile

Yeah I've heard of Baggio but even if I came up with his name I still don't know who she is Big Grin

TIEBREAKER - WIN WHEN THEY’RE SINGING

The winner of the game has been determined, but who comes away with this game’s equivalent of the wooden spoon: the dreaded Passport Holder?

We will use the tiebreaker to determine that

I deliberately chose a song with a long intro, to reduce the chance that people would guess all around the answer, therefore solving nothing

And when I say ‘long intro’… I mean it, because the correct answer was a massive 7 minutes, 25 seconds.

Somewhat suspiciously, someone actually guessed that exact time… which either makes it the best guess in the history of this forum, or someone misread the rules and actually listened to the whole song Big Grin

[Image: Km7Q7LY.png]

But who am I to judge? So, in last-place, and picking up the House Of Games Passport Holder (which I couldn’t actually find a picture of, so here’s an even more generic one from Wish.com instead Big Grin ) is DejaBoo Big Grin

[Image: WevXieW.jpg]

Many thanks to all who played, and everyone who took part in any way Smile

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - nothing - 20-10-2021

Thanks @aaronjennings, brilliant concept, well executed, fabulous reveal, really cheered me up! Hope there's another soon pac

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick well done! Great range of knowledge!

@DejaBoo you're still my favourite, don't tell the others!

Note to self: read the questions, proofread answers, go with your instincts!

Thanks Aaron, I really enjoyed that!
Congrats RSoaps, well played!

Congrats RSoaps and Deja and everyone in between, I am pretty happy with my lucky guessing and had great fun.

Thanks Aaron! I really must check this programme out! Smile

That was brilliant, AJ! Some tough questions and great wrong answers. Big Grin

Congrats Soaps and damn Joel Dommett!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Edser - 20-10-2021

Well played all, and congrats RSOAPS & Deja!

Some of the wrong answers were so funny  Big Grin

Thanks AJ, great game and reveal  Smile

Awww yeah!!! Can't believe I even managed to luck out on that final sportsball question with Roberto Baggio who I only know through Pop Culture Osmosis (cheers for that Dougal  Big Grin )

[Image: S01E06-S87yZz9J-subtitled.jpg]

Absolutely brilliant game aaron, and great reveal.

Well played everyone, some cracking answers (both correct and incorrect) throughout.

And of course, it's obviously not about winning and just taking part is the real victory... but then again... on the other hand...

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Trigger - 20-10-2021

Congrats Soapy! Great answering..

Aaron that was amazing and a brilliant game and reveal, was such fun to try and answer those questions.

I really hope you will try a sequal

Congratulations Rsoaps and Deja !

Thank you AJ , that was a brilliant, but brutal , game!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Wichita Lineman - 20-10-2021

Great reveal AJ, apologies for having to bail out midway. It was nothing to with the fact that I knew I was going to drop like a stone with the 'I'm a H list Celebrity' section! Well done to all the winners and fellow losers  Big Grin

[Image: 6ad.gif]

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - jp liz v1 - 20-10-2021

@DejaBoo we did our best

Well done @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

Thank you @aaronjennings

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - E.N. - 20-10-2021

Cracking game @aaronjennings
Brilliantly done, thanks
Round 1 was definitely my favourite

Congrats Soapy, some fine scoring there!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Zaph - 21-10-2021

Was out tonight so belatedly catching up. Great game and reveal AJ, really enjoyed it. And congrats to my round 2 team mate Soapy, that means I won too, yeah?