A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games (/showthread.php?tid=187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - nothing - 20-10-2021

Balls Sad

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Mam of 4 - 20-10-2021

Oh good lord , stupid autocorrect aasrgh!(I know , I was still wrong anyway)

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Leg End Reject - 20-10-2021

I love Toto's answer! Big Grin

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - aaronjennings - 20-10-2021

Q10:

I think it’s safe to say the answer to the first part of this question was easy… but who knew about the second part?

“Doctor How” was the most popular of the incorrect attempts. However, the set of answers I was looking for was Doctor Who and Torchwood

[Image: rIAJsd4.png]

(20-10-2021, 08:53 PM)nothing Wrote: Balls Sad
That should be "Ball" in your case! Tongue

It took me a long time to figure out I needed to use the word Doctor , not Dr .

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - quickbeam - 20-10-2021

Anagrams are absolutely impossible for me. I'm amazed I scored anything here.

I've heard of Torchwood but never watched it nor realised it was a Doctor Who spinoff so I'd never have gotten that.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - RSOAPS - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 08:46 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Q8:

Some of you said before the reveal that I must have had fun reading some of the answers... that was most definitely true for this question Big Grin

By far and away, this was the question with the greatest diversity of answers. At the low end of the scale, the smallest individual number guessed was 25,000, and at the high-end, it was a whopping 1.5 billion, which incredibly was guessed by two separate people

The correct answer, as of last night, is 7,322,686, which was an in-memoriam Tweet for the late actor, Chadwick Boseman

[Image: YXbngAL.png]     [Image: yTQzyUP.png]

Apologies @Zaph, we were doing well until this one... Not sure why I thought it was that high.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - E.N. - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 08:59 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I've heard of Torchwood but never watched it nor realised it was a Doctor Who spinoff so I'd never have gotten that.
I've not seen it, but remember hearing the anagram fact when it came out and it stuck in my brain

Q11:

One person was agonisingly close to the correct answer here, as they submitted “Complain and Compliance”, when the exact answer I was looking for was Complaint and Compliant.

Another person responded with Report and Porter which, after consideration, I think are close enough to the question that I will accept them as a valid alternative answer

[Image: 4uj6d3H.png]

Pfft ,I still like my answer!

Q12:

Controversial decisions incoming Big Grin

The answer I was looking for, which is one of the greatest anagrams you’ll ever see, is Britney Spears and Presbyterians - which was correctly submitted by only four people

“Madonna and Madonna” was a very valiant effort. I was tempted to accept “Christina and Christian” as a valid answer, however since I copied the description of Presbyterianism word-for-word, I’m afraid I can not.

And finally, three people answered with “Britney Spears and Presbyterian”, missing out the ‘S’ at the end. Just like Q9, I’m afraid I can’t accept either, as I did need both answers to be perfect anagrams of one another. Really sorry about that, but I did say spelling was important

The fallout of that question is potentially a ban from the forum Big Grin but also the following set of answers:

[Image: oa9OPIL.png]

SCORES AFTER ROUND 3:

Perfect scores for Cee_Jay and RSoaps in that round sees them join Barney in joint-first place, with E.N. just one point further back

[Image: I1QOZ8Q.png]

Spit Stab and Baptists , love it !!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Wichita Lineman - 20-10-2021

[Image: 64348808.jpg]

(20-10-2021, 09:07 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: And finally, three people answered with “Britney Spears and Presbyterian”, missing out the ‘S’ at the end. Just like Q9, I’m afraid I can’t accept either, as I did need both answers to be perfect anagrams of one another. Really sorry about that, but I did say spelling was important
[Image: luther-idris.gif]

(20-10-2021, 09:07 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: And finally, three people answered with “Britney Spears and Presbyterian”, missing out the ‘S’ at the end. Just like Q9, I’m afraid I can’t accept either, as I did need both answers to be perfect anagrams of one another. Really sorry about that, but I did say spelling was important

This is totally fair. You absolutely stated the rule beforehand. It's a good question. It totally had me stumped.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Wichita Lineman - 20-10-2021

Although my username wouldnt be as good if I switch it to 'Arizona Lineman' i move up the table by 2.......mmmmmmm

I love some of those answers! That's the one I spent most time on writing out loads of religions and trying to get an anagram of a singer. I nearly went with Christina/Christian.

(20-10-2021, 09:08 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Spit Stab and Baptists , love it !!
Tina Turner and Nutters! Big Grin

ROUND 4 - I’M TERRIBLE AT DATING

Q13:

Everyone did well on this question, as every answer submitted fell in to a 20-year period from 1990 to 2010. The correct answer is almost bang in the middle, that being 1999, which one person correctly identified, receiving two points for their efforts. If you answered within four years of that answer, then you will have collected a point also

Just like Round 2, a minimum of 10 people will receive points for each question in this round, which may increase depending on tied answers

[Image: 9iv6Mct.png]

Was Britney Spears and Presbyterians actually used on Richard Osman's House of Games before? I had definitely seen it appear in something at some point previously (could've been at a table quiz or in one of the quiz apps I play regularly either).

Made sure to quadruple check that I needed to add that extra "S" before submitting though... I'd hate to have left that one out... pac

(20-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Was Britney Spears and Presbyterians actually used on Richard Osman's House of Games before? I had definitely seen it appear in something at some point previously (could've been at a table quiz or in one of the quiz apps I play regularly either).

Made sure to quadruple check that I needed to add that extra "S" before submitting though... I'd hate to have left that one out... pac

I don't remember hearing it before. That's not to say it didn't appear on HoG though and I've just forgotten.

(20-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Was Britney Spears and Presbyterians actually used on Richard Osman's House of Games before? I had definitely seen it appear in something at some point previously (could've been at a table quiz or in one of the quiz apps I play regularly either).

I first heard it on QI, don't know if it ever appeared in HoG Smile

(20-10-2021, 09:16 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Made sure to quadruple check that I needed to add that extra "S" before submitting though... I'd hate to have left that one out... pac
[Image: oh-shut-up-michael-groth.gif]

(20-10-2021, 09:17 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:

I first heard it on QI, don't know if it ever appeared in HoG Smile

Ah yes, that's where I heard it... Good old QI repeats on Dave...  Big Grin

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - cee_jay - 20-10-2021

I had definitely come across it before too. Don't know where.

Interesting Brittany Spears related fact...

The Fratellis song Chelsea Dagger picked the name as a homage / spoof to Brittany Spears. Chelsea / Brittany (an area) + Dagger / Spears (a weapon). Or maybe it's an urban legend and I'll get a QI like klaxon for saying so.

Q14:

I threw in this historical question as I knew there was a chance that people would actually know the answer. And even though answers ranged from 1410 to 1925, seven people knew the correct answer was 1690, receiving two points each

Four additional people receive one point each for falling within 30 years of the correct answer

[Image: r6VrUrL.png]

Fffuuuuuuu

Q15:

This was the one and only question in this round which nobody got exactly right, with answers ranging from 1945 to 2012. Three people, however, were just one year off the correct answer, which was 1986.

They receive two points each, while everyone else within 6 years of the correct answer receive one point each

[Image: HT6FYMK.png]

Q16:

I was baffled by the number of people who submitted 1884 in quick succession, until I realised that was the year the GAA was founded. That, it turns out, was a good guess, as the correct answer was 1885, which one person managed to get spot-on. Anyone who answered within 4 years will receive points also

It should be noted, however, that while most of the answers were suitably old, ranging from 1800 to 1927, one person answered with 1993, which was either a typo or someone who really doesn’t watch Gaelic Football Big Grin

[Image: EVGHV5B.png]

SCORES AFTER ROUND 4:

A great round for RSoaps, whose tally of 5 points sees them move one point clear in first. Cee_Jay lurks just one point behind

[Image: C29HHS0.png]

Hmmm... Well, the secret is out!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Trigger - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Q16:

I was baffled by the number of people who submitted 1884 in quick succession, until I realised that was the year the GAA was founded. That, it turns out, was a good guess, as the correct answer was 1885, which one person managed to get spot-on. Anyone who answered within 4 years will receive points also

It should be noted, however, that while most of the answers were suitably old, ranging from 1800 to 1927, one person answered with 1993, which was either a typo or someone who really doesn’t watch Gaelic Football Big Grin

[Image: EVGHV5B.png]
After I submitted I was like oh bollox it was 1884 wasn't it!!!!!

I guessed that GAA one, can't believe I was so close! Poor Mam went back a tad too far. Big Grin

That fondue set is getting further and further away Sad

(20-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I guessed that GAA one, can't believe I was so close! Poor Mam went back a tad too far. Big Grin

Historically there would definitely have been 'ball sports' around, so despite being 5 centurues off, not a terrible guess IMO Big Grin

ROUND 5 - ANSWER SMASH

Q17:

I think we can all agree, these were tough. As is evident by the limited amount of people who got them right. However, I did very much enjoy reading some of the incorrect answers, some of which were genuine attempts, and other… not Big Grin

Highlights from this question were “Michael Jordan BeradyMan”, “Michael Jordan Brewster” (Jordana Brewster being an actual person making this an excellent guess) and “Michael Jordan Smiles”

The basketballer was Michael Jordan, and the I’m A Celeb star was Jordan North. Therefore, the correct answer was Michael Jordan North, which only 5 people correctly figured out, who are certain to be in a very Happy Place right about now

[Image: euedfEg.png]