A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games (/showthread.php?tid=187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - aaronjennings - 20-10-2021

[Image: Njensgs.png]

Hello everyone, and welcome to the (slightly delayed) grand reveal of House Of Games

Who will walk away with the coveted House of Games trophy and complimentary Luggage Set, and who will walk away with the dreaded Passport Holder?

We have five rounds - and potentially one tie-breaker - to determine the answer

20 people stepped up to the plate, and they are:

ari101
Barney92
cee_jay
davetherave
DejaBoo
E.N.
Edser
EEFGGFEDCCDEEDD
jp liz v1
Kol
Leg End Reject
Mam of 4
Necro
nothing
quickbeam
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
Toto Wolfcastle
Trigger
Wichita Lineman
Zaph

Join us at 8pm, when all will be revealed Smile

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - E.N. - 20-10-2021

I never did crack the Aussie soap/Stephen King one. I expect to be kicking myself when that's revealed

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Leg End Reject - 20-10-2021

I'm not sure I can live with the shame! Tongue

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Trigger - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 05:53 PM)E.N. Wrote: I never did crack the Aussie soap/Stephen King one. I expect to be kicking myself when that's revealed
It literally just popped into my head right now when you said it. 

My answer is so bad pac

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - quickbeam - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 05:53 PM)E.N. Wrote: I never did crack the Aussie soap/Stephen King one. I expect to be kicking myself when that's revealed

(20-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Trigger Wrote: It literally just popped into my head right now when you said it. 

My answer is so bad pac

Ditto. Except for the bit about it popping in to my head. I did come up with a soap that sort of referenced a King, but I highly doubt it's the answer AJ was looking for.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - aaronjennings - 20-10-2021

Before we get started in a few hours time, I am interested in some opinions:

In Round 1, if someone were to omit a word from the answer, or add one in, how strict do you want me to be?

Rounds 2-5 I will definitely make some enemies with the decisions I've made Big Grin but Round 1, I'm willing to be flexible if you want me to

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Mam of 4 - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 05:56 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm not sure I can live with the shame! Tongue
Don't worry , my answers are so dire that you'll look like a member of Mensa by comparison. (I'm not even joking , I honestly hadn't a clue what I was doing )

Be flexible!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Trigger - 20-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 06:04 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Before we get started in a few hours time, I am interested in some opinions:

In Round 1, if someone were to omit a word from the answer, or add one in, how strict do you want me to be?

Rounds 2-5 I will definitely make some enemies with the decisions I've made Big Grin but Round 1, I'm willing to be flexible if you want me to
Whatever you feel AJ.. but don't let the masses push you into given them answers they don't deserve Tongue

(20-10-2021, 06:04 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Before we get started in a few hours time, I am interested in some opinions:

Depends on how important the word is Tongue
Missing or adding "the", "and" etc I think is fine.
"Tools and Horses" wouldn't be, I'd say

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Wichita Lineman - 20-10-2021

Ooh great. I thought this was on last night when I was watching Liverpool beat Athletico Madrid in the footie. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Same as EN. Depends how important the word is. Whatever your best judgement is, go for it though. We're always grateful to anyone running a game and don't want to be dicks to them about their decisions.

Tonight's episode of House of Games had me in stitches. Best episode yet. Needed that laugh too.

(20-10-2021, 06:30 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Tonight's episode of House of Games had me in stitches.  Best episode yet.  Needed that laugh too.

That capital cities round, you just knew one of them was going to say London Big Grin

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - nothing - 20-10-2021

Looking forward to this cheering me up later, I definitely had some hilariously terrible answers!

ROUND 1 - MOUSE OF GAMES

Q1:

So, we have lots to talk about with this question Big Grin

The answer I was looking for was The Bin Bang Theory - changing the ‘G’ in ‘Big’ to ‘N’

Some of the other answers I received were Mythdusters and Bag Bang Theory. Even though they weren’t the answers I had in mind, I couldn’t really call them ‘wrong’ based on the question I provided, so I decided to allow them

Elsewhere: I said I would be strict on spellings, however based on pre-game opinions, and based on the fact I’ve been super-strict on spellings in Round 3, I am going to be lenient for this round. Which means I am also allowing Bin Bang (which removed ‘Theory’), The Big Bag Theory (which removed a letter rather than changing one) and The Great Bin Bang Theory (which added ‘Great’)

Here is the full list of answers submitted for this question (green meaning one point earned):

[Image: DA8TBpT.png]

The Big Fang Theory is a good change!

Q2:

There were some excellent incorrect answers to this question, including “The Weakest Sink” and “Ireland’s Fattest Family” - incidentally, the title of my upcoming autobiography Big Grin.

However, the answer I was looking for was Winning Stream - changing the ‘K’ in ‘Streak’ to ‘M’

[Image: z2BfMCE.png]

(Full scores will be revealed at the end of every round)

Mythdusters! Hah!

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - ari101 - 20-10-2021

Oh gosh you are naming and shaming us... I would like to distance myself from my own wild random suggestions now pac Wink

(20-10-2021, 08:06 PM)nothing Wrote: Mythdusters! Hah!

Better than the actual answer, honestly Big Grin

Aaahhhh hahaha The P Factor, oh Necro

Q3:

Some of the answers I received throughout the game were genuine attempts at getting the answer right. Some, not-so-much, and which I enjoyed even more than the correct ones, such “Kingaroo”. “Hope and Away”, at the other end of the scale, was a much better attempt.

The somewhat cryptic answer I wanted, however, was Dome and Away - changing the ‘H’ in ‘Home’ to ‘D’, invoking Mr King’s ‘Under the Dome’

[Image: JNaXlio.png]

@jp liz v1 genius!

I think this was my only good round lol

Not sure I ever heard of Under the Dome (cannot stand King/Horror), I was just trying to come up with one letter changes to Home and Away that made a real word (ABCD... Not that far into the alphabet, and Dome sounded ominous - can't believe that paid off) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(20-10-2021, 08:14 PM)ari101 Wrote: Not sure I ever heard of Under the Dome (cannot stand King/Horror), I was just trying to come up with one letter changes to Home and Away that made a real word (ABCD... Not that far into the alphabet, and Dome sounded ominous - can't believe that paid off) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Looks ahead at next question)

Yep, that checks out Big Grin

OMG - I really didn't expect Dome & Away to be right. Wow!

(20-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Trigger Wrote:
It literally just popped into my head right now when you said it. 

My answer is so bad pac

It's the lies that hurt the most!

My hope and away was a random answer because it was the only Australian I could think of where a change of letter was possible! Big Grin

I'd quite like to watch Dome and Away

Q4:

This one made me laugh when I thought of it - did anyone spot the little ‘Mercy’ clue in the question?

The answer was not “Tom Bones” which was an excellent attempt, but Duffy The Vampire Slayer - changing the ‘B’ in ‘Buffy’ to ‘D’

[Image: oNahZL2.png]

(20-10-2021, 08:15 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 08:14 PM)ari101 Wrote: Not sure I ever heard of Under the Dome (cannot stand King/Horror), I was just trying to come up with one letter changes to Home and Away that made a real word (ABCD... Not that far into the alphabet, and Dome sounded ominous - can't believe that paid off) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Looks ahead at next question)

Yep, that checks out Big Grin

I remember thinking I might know 3 of them (not incl. Dome) and then it was all downhill after that (and not the good kind of downhill Wink)

(20-10-2021, 08:17 PM)nothing Wrote: I'd quite like to watch Dome and Away

Residents of Summer Bay trapped under a Dome with no exit. Just where they belong.

That was a great book, but an awful TV series, btw.

Well feck that for a game of cowboys!

pac Zom Jones and Tom Bones are definitely mates

SCORES AFTER ROUND 1:

Nine people are on perfect scores after four questions, can one of them go all the way?

[Image: DHt8H5A.png]

(20-10-2021, 08:18 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(20-10-2021, 08:17 PM)nothing Wrote: I'd quite like to watch Dome and Away

Residents of Summer Bay trapped under a Dome with no exit.  Just where they belong.

That was a great book, but an awful TV series, btw.

I enjoyed the series but haven't read the book yet, someone else told me that too

(20-10-2021, 08:19 PM)nothing Wrote: pac Zom Jones and Tom Bones are definitely mates
I'm in knots reading them, but then I remember some of my own clangers! Big Grin

(20-10-2021, 08:18 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: This one made me laugh when I thought of it - did anyone spot the little ‘Mercy’ clue in the question?

If that was a reference to a Duffy song then it totally went over my head. I was lucky to have heard of her, never mind know any of her songs.

RE: THE REVEAL - Aaron Jenning's House Of Games - Edser - 20-10-2021

It's a good book, quite long, and probably more weird sci-fi/horror. TV series weaker.