A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 03-02-2022

Oh dear, I did Hamlet and could not remember that quote!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 08:00 PM)ari101 Wrote: Darn I was trying to see if I could remember a context, because I remembered the quote, but no such luck and I picked the wrong one (I did MoV and Hamlet in school).

Doing two of them kind of made it more difficult to choose between them, ironically. The context was Polonius advising Hamlet about money.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 03-02-2022

It looks like the pendulum has swung back slightly towards Wichita. He has the luxury of using two lifelines for the last question. Although, Asking the Audience, the remaining lifeline for Cee-Jay, is going to be a tricky one for either, as presumably the Audience may not be sure about the answer for the Million Euro Question.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - cee_jay - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 02:16 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Typical, I know this!
I almost chose you for my phone a Friend today, I had my PM in already to Necro before I saw this, but you were my first thought. I switched to @E.N. because he is English. Dunno how that is a logical choice! 
Thank you @E.N.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - davetherave - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 07:58 PM)Trigger Wrote: Oh I wonder who has a dice on hand to roll..

Oh hai @Necro

Guilty as charged, was at home today so had these to hand. I do also usually have a set of dice in my backpack though....just in case of emergencies...dice or game related emergencies...  
[Image: nzZ5YJv.jpeg]

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 03-02-2022

I thought in the last game we posted more comments after each question, including whether we knew the answer or not. I've posted here when I didn't know and Kol has asked what we thought because we weren't commenting.

Apologies again to anyone who found my comment unfair, I'll keep schtum tomorrow.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 03-02-2022

Oh, and good luck to cee_jay and Wichi tomorrow. I can't wait to see the 1 mill question!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Barna77 - 03-02-2022

I should have known this one. But I'm terrible with quotes or lyrics.

(Shreds college degree to a thousand pieces)

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - E.N. - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 08:33 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I switched to @E.N. because he is English. Dunno how that is a logical choice! 
Thank you @E.N.
You're welcome!

We did have Shakespeare rammed down our throats at school Tongue

Irish passport holder though Wink

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - E.N. - 03-02-2022

Quote:I was initially drawn to 'The Merchant of Venice' but then I thought isnt that too obvious??? The business link to lending and all that. So after all that -

My final answer is:

A: Hamlet

Is it a bluff or even a double bluff?? Have I fallen into your trap?? I'll just have to wait for the reveal I suppose!
Who was that? Brilliant stuff Big Grin

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Necro - 03-02-2022

Yeah I knew this one too. We did Macbeth at school but I actually went and read Hamlet and Othello in my spare time cos I'm a big feckin weirdo pac

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - cee_jay - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 09:51 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 08:33 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I switched to @E.N. because he is English. Dunno how that is a logical choice! 
Thank you @E.N.
You're welcome!

We did have Shakespeare rammed down our throats at school Tongue

Irish passport holder though Wink
My in laws say exactly the same when anyone says anything about them being English Big Grin
All I knew was it wasn't Othello.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - davetherave - 03-02-2022

It's good to see that I wasn't the only one torturing themselves wondering whether Merchant of Venice was too obvious Big Grin

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 04-02-2022

This is Q15 of 15 and is worth 1 Million Euro.

Good luck to @cee_jay and @Wichita Lineman

Let's play, Who wants to be a millionaire?

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 04-02-2022

That's very tough, as the million question should be! Good luck @cee_jay and @Wichita Lineman, hope one or both of you get this!

I'm accepting audience votes until 3pm, is you wish for your vote to be counted, please pm me soon.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 04-02-2022

[Image: sleepy-tired.gif]

Answers are in, reveal shortly

Let's have a look at some of the answers.

Quote:  Damn, this is really tough. You need to know what the 4 offices are and who held them!

I assume it's Prime Minister, Finance Minister, Foreign Secretary and hmmm, is there a Secretary of State? Trying to think about the current lot, hear a lot about Boris, and Rishi Sunak (sp?), that's PM and Finance. Nope, I'm at my knowledge limit there.

Ok, I think all 4 have been PM at some point. Sheer guess at this point.

Audience guess - A David Lloyd George 

Quote:I have no idea

For audience participation purposes I'm gonna take a shot in the dark at John Major. 

Quote:  Hi Kol,

Q15 - The big one.

This is a semi-educated guess.  I know that John Major was Chancellor of the Exchequer before he became PM and surely that has to be one of the four Great Offices. I have a feeling John Major might have been Foreign Secretary as well - possibly another of the four Great Offices. I say semi-educated because all four options were PMs and I don't know if any of the others had also been C of the E as well.  I think James Callaghan might have been Foreign Secretary prior to being PM.

My answer: D John Major 

Quote:  My first instinct would be to go for David Llyod George, I think he was around the early 1900's and think he held a number of offices before being PM in WW1

Callaghan I cannot recall at all ugh

Wilson, was PM twice I think, and Major both held a number of offices I think but 4? I'm not so sure.

My Audience vote goes to David Lloyd George 

Quote:  Ohh that's tough.

First problem is knowing what the Big four are. I'm assuming that Prime Minister, and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Haven't a breeze what the other two might be. Home Office maybe?

James Callaghan, I can't say that I 've heard of him. Not a great reason to exclude someone but if he was a big cheese I'm hoping I would have heard of him.

John Major, he was prime minister before Tony Blairs Labour government took over so early-mid 90s. The Miners strikes in the mid 80s were during a Conservative Government and I can't imagine if Labour got in after Thatcher that it would have gone back to the Torys after a few months/years. So there might not have been a break that would mean they were in power for maybe 15 years. Would that be long enough for cabinet reshuffles to let him get four different big roles?

Lloyd-George and Wilson, haven't a breeze other than they were both Prime Minister and Lloyd-George was during the First War.

I wrote the most about John Major so it in the absence of any real knowledge or clue: John Major 

Quote:  audience answer
james callaghan 

Quote:  I have a feeling this might have been a question on the actual show, or maybe another quiz. If only I could remember the answer...

My audience vote is for David Lloyd George 

What are the 4 offices?!

I can now reveal that one play has banked and one player has gambled on C. James Callaghan

Ooooh that's a big risk!

If you had of picked

B. Harold Wilson

You would have just lost 468k

If you had of picked

D. John Major

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - aaronjennings - 04-02-2022

Ooh...

If you had of pick

A. David Lloyd George

Aaah the tension

Congratulations to our very first FoG Millionaire

Very hard luck to @cee_jay  very good game.

[Image: monophy.gif]

Wahay! Well done @Wichita Lineman

So close @cee_jay but think you made the right call

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - aaronjennings - 04-02-2022

Congratulations Wichita, fantastic performance

Drinks on you if there's a FoG meet-up, yeah? Big Grin

Many thanks for the game Kol, was tremendous fun once again Smile

PlayerAmount50/50Phone a FriendAsk the Audience
Wichita1,000,000xxxWinner
Ceejay500,000xxxBanked on Q15
Aris250,000xxxBanked on Q14
Dave64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Declan64,000xxxBanked on Q12
LER64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Aaron32,000xxxLost on Q12
EN32,000xxLost on Q13
nothing32,000xLost on Q11
Neowise32,000xxLost on Q13
Trigger32,000xxLost on Q13
Ari1,000xLost on Q7
Edser0Lost on Q3

Thanks everyone for playing, see you next time

Another great season @Kol , can't wait for the next one

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 04-02-2022

Ooooh, FoGgy millionaire! Congrats Wichi, have I ever told you you're my favourite FoGger? 💰 🤑 💸

Well played cee_jay, I wouldn't have had a clue. I didn't put in an audience vote for that reason.

Thanks Kol, this was great, I'm looking forward to series 3.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 04-02-2022

I'm speechless, mainly because I'm still penniless despite my big win!  Big Grin

[Image: 0_EMB-Stellify-Media.jpg]
It's such an honour to take over the WWTBAM mantle from Ceejay who has been a deserving champion. 

In real life there is no doubt I wouldnt have risked it like I did here. I'll pop up the reasoning so you can see how i came to take a massive risk!
===========================================

Hi Kol,

I was pretty sure it wasnt John Major, in fact I am 100% certain it's not John Major so I am really surprised that 43% have gone for him. The fact that there is also 43% for David Lloyd George is interesting.

What I'm afraid of though is that those percentages mean bugger all. They might be more misleading than helpful unfortunately. If 7 people got back to you and 3 each went for Major and Lloyd George, nobody for Wilson and the remaining one for Jim Callaghan then the percentages work out as per your table.

That means my dilemma is - am I willing to risk a million squidlets* on 3 people thinking one way versus 1 person thinking another???? It's not exactly overwhelming the opposition if you pardon the political pun!

I have to look at it that way as I'm totally excluding Major as a non starter.

With a sample size so small it's risky to allow the audience figures to sway me one way or the other. But what if the one person who opted for Callaghan is right? What if they are the person I should have used as a 'phone a friend'?  Tongue

The fact that 6 (by my reckoning) were split evenly between one possible and one non starter proves to me what a difficult question this is. I think, like me, people just dont know 100% what the answer is. Except maybe, just maybe, that one person who went for Callaghan.

I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and on that alone I'm going to go with a final answer -

C. James Callaghan.

Although I'd be banking in real life - I think - but then again.........you never know!

Regards,
WL

*yes I am aware I'm not really trying to win a million!  Big Grin

=============================

Thanks @Kol for another awesome quiz. Make sure you spell my name right on the cheque.......................

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - E.N. - 04-02-2022

That's some great logic Wichi... I think Big Grin
Sorry I couldn't help when you phoned me!

Congrats on a great win there.
Unlucky cee_jay, banking was a very sensible tactic, I think

Cheers Kol, amazing organisation, right down to the cheque in Wichi's name Smile
It's very difficult to rank questions you write yourself, but you nailed it, thanks for it all

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 04-02-2022

I didn't notice the cheque, nice touch!

Our friendliest player was @E.N. four players called him, even while on holidays he did his best to help everyone. Smile

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 04-02-2022

Well done Wichi. Great logic wins the day….and nerves of steel. Good call cee-jay- you did well. Thank you Kol for great organisation.