A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Trigger - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 03:43 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Very likely me out tonight, but at least all of you will be entertained by my reasoning on how I selected my answer!!!  Big Grin Big Grin pac pac

Same for me, I was between 2 myself and didn't bother banking and took a guess..

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 02-02-2022

I think something similar came up in the teams quiz. Trigger, Cee_jay and I were on a team together.

(02-02-2022, 04:17 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I think something similar came up in the teams quiz. Trigger, Cee_jay and I were on a team together.
Well, I presume CJ knows the answer to this then! pac

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - ari101 - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:17 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I think something similar came up in the teams quiz. Trigger, Cee_jay and I were on a team together.

I think that was about the length of the golden gate bridge if it was the recent one, not the height, but it could be from Old boards days...
I'm still in the audience whether that's a good or a bad thing today who knows 😅 Ye are all doing great! 🙂

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - cee_jay - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 04:25 PM)Trigger Wrote:

CJ is having such a bad week she barely knows her own name. Only just remembered this, I had calls from 9am until 1630 today, 20 mins at lunch just to shovel food. Sorry Kol for the brain dump as to how my thought process works. I took a guess in case anyone takes @Trigger confidence in my knowledge as gospel!!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 02-02-2022

Answers are in and yet again, all 4 have been picked.

Audience results for Q13

Which of these landmarks is the tallest? (To highest point)

A. The Shard...................7%
B. Eiffel Tower................40%
C. Chyrsler Building.......40%
D. Golden Gate Bridge...13%

Reveal on the way.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - E.N. - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 07:28 PM)Kol Wrote: Which of these landmarks is the tallest? (To highest point)

A. The Shard...................7%
B. Eiffel Tower................40%
C. Chyrsler Building.......40%
D. Golden Gate Bridge...13%
I thought it was The Shard, but 50:50 took it away!

Let's have a look at what some of you said

Quote:Wow, thats a toughie. Gonna go with Golden Gate Bridge as it's a strange one to have up there

Quote:Hi Kol,

Audience Answer for Q13 - C Chrysler Building

Quote:I think it's B) Eiffel Tower

Chrysler Building is tempting but there's something in the brackets there luring me to Eiffel Tower.
I think you can probably only go so high on the Tower but the tip is a decent bit further up...

If it was the real show I think I'd take the money but when it's just for fun as an audience member I'm going with B. 

Quote:I've been to them all woohoo and it doesn't help boooooo

So going to rule out the bridge straight away. Definitely not as tall..

It's been a good while since I've been to the Eiffel Tower and the other 2 are in more recent memory and I don't think it's as tall as those 2.

I'm going to go big (geddit) or go home and take a chance between the remaining two

C. Chrysler Building

I think I still send in an answer for the ask the audience even though I'm out.

A. The Shard.

Quote:Phew!

I thought it was The Shard but was worried about The Chrysler Building. Its definitely not The Eiffel Tower

C. Chrysler Building please 

Quote:My audience vote is for The Shard

IIRC, it is the tallest building in Europe (or at least it was, but I don't think it's been overtaken since), which may rule out the Eiffel Tower. Although they probably wouldn't classify that as a building, so not necessarily

The Chrysler Building used to be the tallest in the world before it was overtaken by others, and although the Golden Gate Bridge is massive, I've never heard any facts about it being remarkably tall

All of those disparate thoughts lead me to the Shard being recognised as the "tallest-thing" of any description the most recently, so that's what my vote is for 

In real life here is where I would bank as I don't know the answer.

But since this isn't real life and I'm in a great mood as tonight i have my first concert in more than 2 years, I will play.
So...
I don't think I have ever heard of The Shard so I will rule it out and I don't expect the Golden Gate Bridge to be the tallest of the 4.
So it is between the Chrysler building and the Eiffel Tower.
And I will go with Eiffel Tower as I've been up there and the view of Paris is stunning!!!

Quote:Absolutely no idea. Work is too busy, only remembered this now. Gonna go with Eiffel Tower.

I have been at all of these landmarks, so logically I should be able to work it out, except they aren't all beside each other.
I think I know it is higher than the Shard. The golden gate bridge itself isn't that high, but it's high off the ground, but even still is hardly as high as the Eiffel Tower. Eiffel tower is around 300m. What is the Chrysler?
So I'm stuck between Eiffel Tower and Chrysler.

Chrysler has the big spire at the top, but I'm here looking at my Lego New York City set on the shelf, and it looks a LOT smaller than the Empire State and One World Trade Centre. Obv Lego isn't perfectly to scale so I may regret this. I know the booklet for the Lego set had all this information but I'm so addled with work issues I can't think.

Final Answer: Eiffel Tower.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 02-02-2022

Ooooh!

PlayerAmount50/50Phone a FriendAsk the Audience
Aris250,000xxx
CeeJay250,000x
Wichita250,000x
Dave64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Declan64,000xxxBanked on Q12
LER64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Aaron32,000x50xLost on Q12
EN32,000xxLost on Q13
nothing32,000xLost on Q11
Neowise32,000xxLost on Q13
Trigger32,000xxLost on Q13
Ari1,000xLost on Q7
Edser0Lost on Q3

Unfortunately @E.N.  @Trigger @Neowise picked the wrong answer and drop 93k.
Well done @Wichita Lineman  @Irish Aris  @cee_jay  you are through to Q14

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 02-02-2022

I hoe someone gets the million this time!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Barna77 - 02-02-2022

Walking up those stairs, the Eiffel tower really feels tall!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 02-02-2022

It's a three horse race now!

Hard luck to those who dropped back to 32k.

(02-02-2022, 07:53 PM)Kol Wrote: Let's have a look at what some of you said

Quote:Phew!

I thought it was The Shard but was worried about The Chrysler Building. Its definitely not The Eiffel Tower

C. Chrysler Building please 

Oops 🙈

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 02-02-2022

No offence to Aris but I think it’s a two horse race now. I now think Cee-jay has a slight edge over Wichita, being the reigning champion.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Necro - 02-02-2022

Woohoo! Wifey and I were split on this, she thought it was Chrysler as well but I had gone Eiffel Tower and it took everything not to look it up all day pac

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - ari101 - 02-02-2022

Without any lifelines Aris maybe does face a tougher battle, but I think once you get to this kind of money the questions are hard and you'll be lucky if the audience or your phone a friend knows them, so still all to play for!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - aaronjennings - 02-02-2022

Quote:My audience vote is for The Shard

IIRC, it is the tallest building in Europe (or at least it was, but I don't think it's been overtaken since), which may rule out the Eiffel Tower. Although they probably wouldn't classify that as a building, so not necessarily

The Chrysler Building used to be the tallest in the world before it was overtaken by others, and although the Golden Gate Bridge is massive, I've never heard any facts about it being remarkably tall

All of those disparate thoughts lead me to the Shard being recognised as the "tallest-thing" of any description the most recently, so that's what my vote is for 

My logic was partially right. The Shard was the tallest building in Europe - but has been overtaken several times since then. But, as expected, the Eiffel Tower wasn't included in that tally, and as it turns out even the Chrysler Building is still taller than it

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Irish Aris - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 08:40 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: No offence to Aris but I think it’s a two horse race now. I now think Cee-jay has a slight edge over Wichita, being the reigning champion.

None taken Declan.  
I'm very pleasantly surprised that I made it this far!!!  Smile

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 02-02-2022

[Image: eab5b8e3-b8f0-4bf4-8782-1735d5b37586_text.gif]

Well Fuck

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a9b38c05df4d0151ec...y.gif&ct=g]

(02-02-2022, 08:55 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: None taken Declan.  
I'm very pleasantly surprised that I made it this far!!!  Smile
[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 03-02-2022

This is question 14 of 15 and is worth 500K. Will we get to see the 15th question this season?

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 03-02-2022

Typical, I know this!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 02:16 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Typical, I know this!
I am sure it's not what LER intended but is this not like a member of the audience shouting out 'pick me for phone a friend'?

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Irish Aris - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 02:16 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Typical, I know this!

(03-02-2022, 03:32 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote:
I am sure it's not what LER intended but is this not like a member of the audience shouting out 'pick me for phone a friend'?

Unfortunately some of us don't have any lifelines left hahaha!!!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 03:32 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote:
Oh shit! That wasn't my intention at all, it's just that I didn't know the last couple of questions and banked at 64k. It's sickening to know the half a mill question.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - aaronjennings - 03-02-2022

It's all right Leggy, it could have been worse...

*cough cough*

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 03-02-2022

@Leg End Reject I appreciate that wasnt your intention. Just means you cant really be a friend to phone / audience member for this round I suppose.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Necro - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 05:38 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: It's all right Leggy, it could have been worse...

*cough cough*

[Image: watch-real-moment-charles-ingram-won-who...946107.jpg]

A quick comment of todays controversy, I can confirm none of the remaining players gained any advantage in relation to any comments posted here today. I will address this fully when the game concludes.

To this evenings events, all answers are in. I can confirm, we will see the million Euro question tomorrow.

Audience results and reveal on the way

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 03-02-2022

I'm so excited!

Let's see how the audience voted

Hamlet..............................64%
Macbeth..............................0%
Othello.................................9%
The Merchant of Venice...27%

Let's have a look at some of the answers

Quote:I'm going with D Merchant of Venice because dude was a loan shark 🔪💪 but honestly I can't remember if it was in that one and I've only read two of the four listed 🙂

Quote:So I was overly confident yesterday

Today I think it's Hamlet, although it's been a long time since my English Literature GCSE!

Quote:This is a tough one. I did Hamlet for the leaving and I'm fairly certain it's not that.

Merchant of Venice seems the obvious choice, but too obvious?! Maybe. But I think I'll go with it as my audience answer anyway.

I did Macbeth and Othello at school and while I wouldnt know every quote from them I am kind of satisfied that it isnt them. Of course that will make it more embarrassing if it actually is!!!!

As for the other two unfortunately I dont know much about either. Therein lies the problem! I havent  even watched the various movies about them which might have helped.

If I make it through this one I've a shot at the big money. If I'm wrong I can be happy I got a lot further than I did the first time.

The lifelines might be more useful to me if there is another round for me and with Macbeth and Othello ruled out - for better or worse - it's basically the same as yesterday after using a lifeline - a straight forward 50/50 shout.

I was initially drawn to 'The Merchant of Venice' but then I thought isnt that too obvious??? The business link to lending and all that. So after all that -

My final answer is:

A: Hamlet

Is it a bluff or even a double bluff?? Have I fallen into your trap?? I'll just have to wait for the reveal I suppose!

Quote:audience answer

the merchant of Venice

Quote:The only one of these that I've read is Macbeth, for the Leaving Cert. Now that was a long time ago, but the quote doesn't sound familiar to me, so on that slim reasoning, I'll rule that one out

Out of the other three, it's pretty much a blind stab in the dark. I'm being drawn towards Othello, so I'll put my audience vote there

Quote:Ooookayyyyyyy then. For the Ask the Audience.

I did MacBeth for the Leaving Cert years ago, and I can't say I remember that line. The fact that it is for half a million seems like it would be an important plot point, and not some line said by City Guard #3 to City Guard #4 in the background of a scene, maybe?

Merchant of Venice seems like the obvious answer, but then is that too obvious? Borrowing, lending, Merchant Services, that seems too obvious for 500k.

That leaves Hamlet and Othello. I honestly don't know what either of those are about, so when all else fails I'm just going to roll a dice. 1, 3, 5 for Hamlet, 2, 4, 6 for Othello. I got a 5 so Hamlet

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 03-02-2022

I did Hamlet in school and, naturally, I thought it was easy then. If you know the answer, it is always easy!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Trigger - 03-02-2022

Oh I wonder who has a dice on hand to roll..

Oh hai @Necro

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - ari101 - 03-02-2022

Darn I was trying to see if I could remember a context, because I remembered the quote, but no such luck and I picked the wrong one (I did MoV and Hamlet in school).

PlayerAmount50/50Phone a FriendAsk the Audience
CeeJay500,000xx
Wichita500,000x
Aris250,000xxxBanked on Q14
Dave64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Declan64,000xxxBanked on Q12
LER64,000xxxBanked on Q12
Aaron32,000xxxLost on Q12
EN32,000xxLost on Q13
nothing32,000xLost on Q11
Neowise32,000xxLost on Q13
Trigger32,000xxLost on Q13
Ari1,000xLost on Q7
Edser0Lost on Q3

@Irish Arishas decided enough is enough, and banks 250K, very well done
Congrat to @Wichita Lineman and @cee_jay they have made it to the final question, will one or both or indeed neither go home with the 1M Euro, tune in tomorrow for Q15 or 15.