A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 14-10-2021

Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire?

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Trigger - 14-10-2021

[Image: questions-tell-me-more.gif]

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - ShaneU - 14-10-2021

yay I might be able to buy a house in Dublin!

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 14-10-2021

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - nothing - 14-10-2021

Ooooh aaaah

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 14-10-2021

Still in planning stage though I can say it will be similar to the tv show, 15 questions, 3 lifelines and there will be a last man standing vibe from it.

DISCLAIMER: No actual money will be changing hands.

Sorry @ShaneU you will have to fund that Dublin house some other way.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 17-10-2021

Hopefully start this tomorrow. I will post the format and the first few questions in the morning.

Stay tuned

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Kol - 18-10-2021

Welcome to Who Want To Be A FoG Millionaire?

Format:
This is a NO GOOGLE game, please do not research the answers before sending them to me.
All answers should be PM’d to me, please do not post them in the thread.
Everyone is playing alone.
There will be 15 questions of increasing difficulty, I will post 3 on day 1, 2 on day 2, and 1 each day after.
Each player will have 3 lifelines which they can use at any time. You can use as many as you have on any question and still bank your money without answering. More on the lifelines later.
The aim of the game is to try to win as much money as possible. Like the tv show, if you answer a question incorrectly, you will return to the previous milestone amount. You can bank your money at any time.
To make the most of all the lifelines to everyone, I would like everyone who plays to answers all the questions, regardless if you are out of the game or banked your money.
I will reveal the answers each evening, so there will be a deadline to answer each day. I will also reveal who is remaining in the game and how many lifelines they have left.

The lifelines:
50/50 – I will remove 2 random wrongs answers. The same wrong answers will be removed for each individual question so they will be no advantage for anyone if multiple players use this lifeline on the same question.
Ask the Audience – You will take the answer of the most common answers from everyone who plays that question. If the correct answer is tied with another answer, I will give it as correct. This lifeline will work better if everyone keeps answering the questions regardless if they are still in the game.
Phone a Friend – You can ask a player in the game for the answer. To use this, please PM me, don’t PM the player directly. If there is no response from the player, I will allow you to pick another.

Any questions on how to play, please ask.

I will post the first 3 questions shortly.

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - quickbeam - 18-10-2021

How often can you bank?

If you Ask The Audience, is it answers submitted at the time of asking? Eg, if I Ask The Audience at 12pm and only two people have submitted their answers at that time, are they the results I'd get? Or do you wait until the deadline to reveal the Audience's answers, and if that's the case, then anyone using this lifeline will be late submitting their answers?

Do we get to choose the Friend we ask, albeit via you? I know it's not a serious competition, but if we're being competitive I wonder how many players would give a genuine answer if they were chosen as the Friend.

(18-10-2021, 09:55 AM)quickbeam Wrote: How often can you bank?

If you Ask The Audience, is it answers submitted at the time of asking?  Eg, if I Ask The Audience at 12pm and only two people have submitted their answers at that time, are they the results I'd get?  Or do you wait until the deadline to reveal the Audience's answers, and if that's the case, then anyone using this lifeline will be late submitting their answers?

Do we get to choose the Friend we ask, albeit via you?  I know it's not a serious competition, but if we're being competitive I wonder how many players would give a genuine answer if they were chosen as the Friend.
Yes the lifelines will be tricky, I will try to make them work as best I can.

If you use 50/50 I will reply to you as soon as I can, you can then make a decision to play or use another lifeline. If you use phone a friend, I will take the answer they submitted (if they have at that point) or wait for them to answer. If a player is still in the game and are nominated as a friend, the answer they play will be the answer you get, you can then decide to play or not. If that friend banks at that point or you ask someone not playing I would trust them to play fairly for you. Ask the audience, well after the deadline (7pm) I will give you the options and you can decide, so yes you will be answering after the deadline in this case. Contrary to what I posted above for ask the audience, I will give you the percentage of each answer, then you choose.

Obviously, only players who answer on day 1 will be in the game, anyone who joins from day 2 will be considered the audience only and they can be used as friends and will be included in ask the audience

Thanks Kol, that's clearer.

How often do we get to bank?

You can only bank once, that will be you final amount in the game. If you answer incorrectly on the 125,000 euro question, for example, your final amount in the game will be 32,000 euro.

Sorry I'm running late preparing the questions, will get them posted after lunch

Let's play, who wants to be a FoG millionaire?

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Leg End Reject - 18-10-2021

Is it too late to enter?

(18-10-2021, 12:40 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Is it too late to enter?
Not at all, open till 7pm

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - E.N. - 18-10-2021

I'm in

I especially like the fact you can force someone to be your friend Tongue

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Trigger - 18-10-2021

In.. haven't read the rules properly pac

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 18-10-2021

In. The fact that we don't actually get real money may make a difference to how we treat this tournament!

(18-10-2021, 04:35 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: In. The fact that we don't actually get real money may make a difference to how we treat this tournament!
Wait, what?! Angry

Tongue

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Edser - 18-10-2021

In!

Just over an hour left to play.

11 players in so far and I can reveal not everyone is on 300 euros

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Barna77 - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Kol Wrote: Just over an hour left to play.

Did you get my answers?
I was rushing to leave the office, I may not have clicked "send" ....

(18-10-2021, 06:09 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
(18-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Kol Wrote: Just over an hour left to play.

Did you get my answers?
I was rushing to leave the office, I may not have clicked "send" ....

Dont see your pm @Barna77

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Barna77 - 18-10-2021

Done

Final answers are in.......

PlayerAmount50/50Phone a FriendAsk the Audience
Aaron€300
Barna€300
CeeJay€300
E.N.€300
Edser€300
LER€300
Neowise€300
nothing€300
QB€300
Shane€300
Trigger€300
Zaph€300
Declan€0

I think I should consider banking now that the easy questions are out of the way. Big Grin

What happened to Declan?!

Also, loving the pictures Kol!

(18-10-2021, 07:46 PM)E.N. Wrote: What happened to Declan?!

Yeah. Can't see how he'd have got all three wrong.

(18-10-2021, 04:35 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: In. The fact that we don't actually get real money may make a difference to how we treat this tournament!
I think Declan is just having fun with his answers.

(18-10-2021, 07:55 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(18-10-2021, 07:46 PM)E.N. Wrote: What happened to Declan?!

Yeah.  Can't see how he'd have got all three wrong.
He got 1 wrong so went back to zero

Ohhh!

I'm sure he knew the answer but just made a mistake posting. Those are the breaks though. I'd advise everyone to check their answers before sending

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Trigger - 18-10-2021

Maybe he thought the first one was a trick question, didn't read past the first answer and answered A John Lenon which is technically correct...

pac

Edit: Paul NcCartney .. pac

Only noticing that second one now Big Grin

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Declan A Walsh - 18-10-2021

Huh It was question 3 I messed up on. I knew the answer was communism but I selected C, misreading that as Communism. Should have double-checked my answers - think I did not see the screen properly when I was answering.  Blush

(18-10-2021, 09:25 PM)Trigger Wrote: Maybe he thought the first one was a trick question, didn't read past the first answer and answered A John Lenon which is technically correct...

pac

I will use the spell checker for the rest of the game Smile

RE: Who Wants To Be A FoG Millionaire? - Wichita Lineman - 18-10-2021

The one day I just didnt really have time to log in much. I usually pop in at least a few times a day to see whats going on. Good luck everyone.  Consider me the head cheerleader!

[Image: 200.gif]

(18-10-2021, 09:57 PM)Kol Wrote:
(18-10-2021, 09:25 PM)Trigger Wrote: Maybe he thought the first one was a trick question, didn't read past the first answer and answered A John Lenon which is technically correct...

pac

I will use the spell checker for the rest of the game Smile

I think all four were wrong there pac
Ringo Starr, Freddie Mercury

(18-10-2021, 10:16 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: The one day I just didnt really have time to log in much. I usually pop in at least a few times a day to see whats going on. Good luck everyone.  Consider me the head cheerleader!

If I understand Kol's rules right you can still play as your answers will count towards Ask the Audience and Phone a Friend.