A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sheep etc. (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! (/showthread.php?tid=174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Edser - 04-10-2021

OMG!!! My first ever win on Sheep (and I missed it live Blush  )

Many thanks Wichita, for a great game, set of questions and reveal!

Well played all, it really was very close  Smile

Congrats to the other podium finishers, and Mam with the spoon. 

Edser

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Leg End Reject - 04-10-2021

Great game, Edser, you sheeped all the way!

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - jp liz v1 - 05-10-2021

Andrew Scott, hot priest and Moriaty could be a Bond contender

That Rene Jean from Ride and Prejudice aka Bridgerton is a charisma vaccum imho like Henry Cavill

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - ShaneU - 05-10-2021

[Image: the-new-day-big-e.gif]

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Wichita Lineman - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 12:16 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Andrew Scott, hot priest and Moriaty could be a Bond contender

That Rene Jean from Ride and Prejudice aka Bridgerton is a charisma vaccum imho like Henry Cavill
The fact that Andrew Scott played a corrupt intelligence bureaucrat that tried to close down the '00' section in 'Spectre' might be held against him being cast as Bond.   Tongue

[Image: Spectre-0887.jpg]

(05-10-2021, 12:51 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 12:16 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Andrew Scott, hot priest and Moriaty could be a Bond contender

The fact that Andrew Scott played a corrupt intelligence bureaucrat that tried to close down the '00' section in 'Spectre' might be held against him being cast as Bond.   Tongue

[Image: Spectre-0887.jpg]

I forgot he was already in a Bond film, not a great Bond film though

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Neowise - 05-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 09:22 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Question 7: Name any former President of the USA. (Minus points for anyone naming the one with a head that looks like a poorly combed basketball.)

Neowise ignored my warning of a points deduction and named the tangerine oaf. That might come back to haunt you if there’s a tiebreaker required. Jp liz v1 also threw in a wildcard - Ronald Reagan - but everyone else flocked to Barack Obama.

Barack Obama - 22
aaronjennings
ari101
Barney 92
cee_jay
Declan A Walsh
DejaBoo
E.N.
Edser
Guirienespana
HeyV
HildaSilvioOgden
Homer J. Fong
Leg End Reject
Lorcand1990
Mam of 4
Necro
nothing
quickbeam
Sawduck
ShaneU
Trigger
Zaph

ACES - 1:
Trump (-1) - Neowise
Ronald Reagan  - jp liz v1

"naming the one with a head that looks like a poorly combed basketball."

gimme me bleedin points back.
1 wtf
2 no wrong answers
3 wtf

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Neowise - 05-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 09:25 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Question 8: Name any female TD in the current Irish Dail –

If Mary Lou McDonald polled as well in reality as she did here, she might get the Taoiseach’s job yet. Although there are no wrong answers, there was a ‘spoiled vote’ as someone nominated Mary Lou McDonagh as their choice. Due to ballot box secrecy I obviously cant reveal who it was but you remember I said something might come back to haunt someone…..

Mary Lou McDonald - 13
aaronjennings
ari101
Declan A Walsh
E.N.
Edser
Guirienespana
Homer J. Fong
Lorcand1990
Necro
nothing
Sawduck
ShaneU
Zaph

Ivana Bacik - 4
HeyV
HildaSilvioOgden
Leg End Reject
Mam of 4

Helen McEntee - 2
cee_jay
jp liz v1

ACES - 1:
Heather Humphries - quickbeam
Mairéad Farrell - DejaBoo
Mary Lou McDonagh - 
Norma Foley - Trigger
Holly Cairns - Barney 92

ah for holy bolloxy sake..

gonna stop reading now, had enough of this.
if i spelt it wrong, you knew who i meant,

had enough of this.bye.

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - quickbeam - 05-10-2021

I did some stats on Bond. Because I'm a nerd.

The youngest Bond to date was Lazenby at 30. While he may not have been a great Bond, I don't think any of the criticisms about him related to his age. But 30 would be as young as I'd go unless they go for a completely different feel of a rookie Bond or something. Which would kinda defeat the purpose of having the cool, confident, experience of the character that we all know.

The oldest was Moore at 58. I think most of us would agree that he was too old for the role by the end, he got the gig when he was 46. Not really too old then, but should have quit after one or two films probably.

Connery (not counting Never Say Never Again) went from aged 32 to 41 which is probably the perfect age range.

Dalton was 41 and 43.

Brosnan went from 42 to 49. He had the looks of the role. What a shame his films were so crap.

Craig started out as one of the younger Bonds, at 38, behind only Lazenby and Connery. But he was 53 by the latest one, which is actually the oldest Bond to date except for Moore.

So I really think they need to cast someone who is 30 to 42. So, Elba at 49 is well out of range. Even Tom Hardy is too old (and still, urgh!). Hiddleston will scrape in and wouldn't be a bad shot. Madden is 35. Never thought of him for the role, but it mightn't be a bad casting. I think going for the slightly less known actors is probably a better idea. I think it is a bit of a cursed chalice for anyone who gets it though. A lot of actors would probably veer away from the role.

I have zero issue with a black Bond though. It would screw with the continuity set up by Craig's Bond, but there was never much continuity anyway between Bonds anyway. Eg, it was never suggested that Craig's Bond had been married to Tracy di Vicenzo back in 1969 (when Craig would have been just a baby) and she had been killed by Blofeld. [As an aside, I remember one interviewer asking Brosnan about how both he and Bond had lost a wife and did that give him some extra affinity to his character - jeeze, what a horrible question to ask someone!]

Anyway, they're my rambling thoughts. Maybe we should take it to the Lights Camera Action section of the forum though Smile

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Wichita Lineman - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 03:20 AM)As per my PM to you Neowise and just to clarify for everyone else - I deducted no points for your Trump answer and I was having a bit of fun with the Mary Lou one. The 13 points you would have got there would have left you in the exact same position you finished in. Regards, WL. Neowise Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 09:25 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Question 8: Name any female TD in the current Irish Dail –

If Mary Lou McDonald polled as well in reality as she did here, she might get the Taoiseach’s job yet. Although there are no wrong answers, there was a ‘spoiled vote’ as someone nominated Mary Lou McDonagh as their choice. Due to ballot box secrecy I obviously cant reveal who it was but you remember I said something might come back to haunt someone…..

Mary Lou McDonald - 13
aaronjennings
ari101
Declan A Walsh
E.N.
Edser
Guirienespana
Homer J. Fong
Lorcand1990
Necro
nothing
Sawduck
ShaneU
Zaph

Ivana Bacik - 4
HeyV
HildaSilvioOgden
Leg End Reject
Mam of 4

Helen McEntee - 2
cee_jay
jp liz v1

ACES - 1:
Heather Humphries - quickbeam
Mairéad Farrell - DejaBoo
Mary Lou McDonagh - 
Norma Foley - Trigger
Holly Cairns - Barney 92

ah for holy bolloxy sake..

gonna stop reading now, had enough of this.
if i spelt it wrong, you knew who i meant,

had enough of this.bye.

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Sawduck - 05-10-2021

Missed the reveal but congrats Edser. Great game Wichita

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - DejaBoo - 05-10-2021

lol, on a Christmas movie sheep game, I  entered "Love Always"  instead of  Love Actually  ...My bad - of course I aced it. Kicked myself cos it was a fave film, but it was still a fun game Smile

Dalton is my favourite Bond

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - quickbeam - 05-10-2021

Dalton's movies are certainly my favourite Bond movies. Just straight up proper action without the cheese that comes with a lot of the other ones.

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - nothing - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 05:47 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Dalton is my favourite Bond

He's my favourite Rassilon!

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - Necro - 05-10-2021

I've always been partial to Connery myself.

Yesh Mish MoneyPenneh

[Image: il_fullxfull.1918894666_n1fv.jpg]

RE: Wichita's sheep debut. Very trivial....THE REVEAL! - HildaSilvioOgden - 06-10-2021

Missed the reveal. Great game, @Wichita Lineman ! Love that name, btw, love that song.