A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Werewolf (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Werewolf Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD (/showthread.php?tid=171)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Neowise - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Well played! Big Grin

But for the overall of God @lorcand1990 show me the post where I said I didn't read liz's lynch post!

Did you not consider attempting to munch me, and even if i survived, duffman was feeling lorcan wolf.
the munch succeeding was not of concern for you, having people that thought you were village was more important and you duff vs me lor would have been an easier win, no?

well played all.

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - cee_jay - 08-10-2021

Yay village! @Neowise I really felt for you today, that was such a tough call. Well played all.

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - LadySkunk - 08-10-2021

Awwww hard luck Leggy but you did us Wolves proud!!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wgefld3nduhcikpzxd...y.gif&ct=g]

Congrats village! Neo I did not envy you having to make that call!  Big Grin

Thanks everyone and mods for a fun game Smile

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Leg End Reject - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:05 PM)nothing Wrote: Yay! That really came down to the wire! Leggy you're a damn good wolf
Did Duff protect Barney after he made it obvious he was a rv? We agonised over munching him but figured the bg copped it.

I did suggest you were the seer too!

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - lorcand1990 - 08-10-2021

But for the overall of God @lorcand1990 show me the post where I said I didn't read liz's lynch post!
Haha I'll have to go find it, I'm on my phone, but u said something along the lines of 'neo didn't see the post either'

(08-10-2021, 09:07 PM)Neowise Wrote:

Did you not consider attempting to munch me, and even if i survived, duffman was feeling lorcan wolf.
the munch succeeding was not of concern for you, having people that thought you were village was more important and you duff vs me lor would have been an easier win, no?

well played all.
We figured Duff protected you last night so had to go with Duff. I did say in the backroom you needed to go early but then it looked like you'd be lynched. Then all the RVs revealed and we were screwed!

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Necro - 08-10-2021

Well played everyone, great game to read. Backrooms should be available to all now too Smile

(08-10-2021, 09:06 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Woohoo!!! Well done @Neowise.. how close were u between us?

Jesus that was horrific, easily my worst game as a villager. Redeemed myself a little bit in the end I hope

Hard luck leg end, you gave it everything

you being quiet was concerning me, but all your answer were great. You were more vilage of the two, even with the quietness.

(08-10-2021, 09:05 PM)Trigger Wrote: Necro will sort the backroom, I need a lie down pac

Thanks for the game Necro and Trigger. It was good fun.

(08-10-2021, 09:10 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:06 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Woohoo!!! Well done @Neowise.. how close were u between us?

Jesus that was horrific, easily my worst game as a villager. Redeemed myself a little bit in the end I hope

you being quiet was concerning me, but all your answer were great. You were more vilage of the two, even with the quietness.
I was just trying to let u figure it out, I didn't want to over push it

@Baggly you are the wolfiest nrv I've ever seen, I'd have said that as a villager! Ever Neo and Duff voted to lynch you.

(08-10-2021, 09:10 PM)Neowise Wrote:

I answered you as I would have as a villager! I threw the kitchen sink at this. Big Grin

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Trigger - 08-10-2021

Thanks to everyone for taking part this week, I enjoyed being able to put this together with Necro for you all to play and I hope ye all enjoyed it too.. 

I found the game flowed naturally which made for some compelling reading at times.

Well done to all the villagers was a good win with low enough numbers playing.

The wolves were very good and their backroom is a great read.

Thanks Necro for all the laughs as usual Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 09:13 PM)Trigger Wrote: The wolves were very good and their backroom is a great read.
Any backroom with @Leg End Reject is a great read.. I'll need to set aside some time for that I'd imagine  Tongue

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - Baggly - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @Baggly you are the wolfiest nrv I've ever seen, I'd have said that as a villager! Ever Neo and Duff voted to lynch you.

I was rattling cages. Mislynch can happen sometimes. 
Useful data came from it so alls well that ends well.

(08-10-2021, 09:07 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:

Haha I'll have to go find it, I'm on my phone, but u said something along the lines of 'neo didn't see the post either'
For the love of god that post where I said I didn't see it was referring to you calling for liz to be shot.

I really felt like you and Neo were misinterpreting everything I said!

(08-10-2021, 09:14 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:13 PM)Trigger Wrote: The wolves were very good and their backroom is a great read.
Any backroom with @Leg End Reject is a great read.. I'll need to set aside some time for that I'd imagine  Tongue
I had company Lorcan so I didn't have a breakdown this time.

Maybe a little wobble at the end ... Tongue

(08-10-2021, 09:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:10 PM)Neowise Wrote: you being quiet was concerning me, but all your answer were great. You were more vilage of the two, even with the quietness.
I was just trying to let u figure it out, I didn't want to over push it

i pretty much had that decision sowed up last night though, with your "shoot before the the lynch results" post.
I was only doing due dillegence today.

Thanks to @Trigger and @Necro , this was good sport!

Shout out to my new wolfy friends @jp liz v1 and @LadySkunk, it was great being on your team. Liz, you're much easier to deal with when you're on the same team! Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 09:17 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: I was just trying to let u figure it out, I didn't want to over push it

i pretty much had that decision sowed up last night though, with your "shoot before the the lynch results" post.
Why did that look like he was village? I genuinely didn't remember that interaction, but when Lorcan pointed it out it could have read like a wolf making sure a shot was wasted knowing Liz wouldn't die. I don't see the relevance of the before the lynch results.

(08-10-2021, 09:22 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:17 PM)Neowise Wrote: i pretty much had that decision sowed up last night though, with your "shoot before the the lynch results" post.
Why did that look like he was village? I genuinely didn't remember that interaction, but when Lorcan pointed it out it could have read like a wolf making sure a shot was wasted knowing Liz wouldn't die. I don't see the relevance of the before the lynch results.
Haha lord all the things I was thinking had u bang to rights as a wolf, you didn't even notice..

So did you just not want to bring up that jan could only survive a shot, or did u genuinely not know what I was on about with bringing up 'the Jan thing'

(08-10-2021, 09:26 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:22 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Why did that look like he was village? I genuinely didn't remember that interaction, but when Lorcan pointed it out it could have read like a wolf making sure a shot was wasted knowing Liz wouldn't die. I don't see the relevance of the before the lynch results.
Haha lord all the things I was thinking had u bang to rights as a wolf, you didn't even notice..

So did you just not want to bring up that jan could only survive a shot, or did u genuinely not know what I was on about with bringing up 'the Jan thing'
I genuinely hadn't a clue! I even said in the backroom that we weren't the sharpest wolves in the pack. Big Grin

If I had known I wouldn't have kept pushing it. I knew if I backed down today I'd look wolfy so I just kept going.

(08-10-2021, 09:28 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:26 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Haha lord all the things I was thinking had u bang to rights as a wolf, you didn't even notice..

I genuinely hadn't a clue! I even said in the backroom that we weren't the sharpest wolves in the pack. Big Grin

If I had known I wouldn't have kept pushing it. I knew if I backed down today I'd look wolfy so I just kept going.
lol I still think if u were nrv u would have copped it, and I mean that as a compliment, so it was a wolf slip

(08-10-2021, 09:33 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:28 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I genuinely hadn't a clue! I even said in the backroom that we weren't the sharpest wolves in the pack. Big Grin

lol I still think if u were nrv u would have copped it, and I mean that as a compliment, so it was a wolf slip
I'm not sure I would have, I made a point of playing this like I would as nrv, hence the high post count.

I was raging we were on opposite sides too, we cut our Werewolf teeth together!

@Neowise what was the idea behind asking me to get you the link to the lynch vote? I wouldn't have toddled off and gotten it for you as a rv or nrv!

(08-10-2021, 09:22 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:17 PM)Neowise Wrote: i pretty much had that decision sowed up last night though, with your "shoot before the the lynch results" post.

Exactly, a wolf doesn't add that, before the lynch results, as they know what Jans power is.
A villager is speculating on Jans power, and how they might body hop.

(08-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:22 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Why did that look like he was village? I genuinely didn't remember that interaction, but when Lorcan pointed it out it could have read like a wolf making sure a shot was wasted knowing Liz wouldn't die. I don't see the relevance of the before the lynch results.

Exactly, a wolf doesn't add that, before the lynch results, as they know what Jans power is.
Or a smarter wolf than I might to look like a villager?

@jp liz v1 and @LadySkunk we could have munched Barney. Duff missed the protect that night! Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 09:37 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:33 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: lol I still think if u were nrv u would have copped it, and I mean that as a compliment, so it was a wolf slip
I'm not sure I would have, I made a point of playing this like I would as nrv, hence the high post count.

I think you were having perspective slips. You may think you were playing like you would as a villager, but becuase you knew things and were a wolf, you see things from a different perspective. Like that whole, 'you didn't consider that i could have been the target of lorcan and skunk lynch'. Who was the target of a run does not matter to a villager, just that a run for the game has happened or could have happened.

(08-10-2021, 09:44 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @Neowise what was the idea behind asking me to get you the link to the lynch vote? I wouldn't have toddled off and gotten it for you as a rv or nrv!

i was just playing. sure i had just said, 'if you win, the wolves win' in the post before that.

(08-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Neowise Wrote:

What difference did the lynch results make though if everyone already voted? And how come leg end looked wolfy for not saying about shooting her, I’d have thought it would be more wolfy to want her shot and get the extra life rather than want to lynch her? 

i sweat you had me drove demented over the acronyms Neo I had a total meltdown because it had nothing at all to do with me being a wolf I actually couldn’t remember any other ones until OMGUS pac

(08-10-2021, 09:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @jp liz v1 and @LadySkunk we could have munched Barney. Duff missed the protect that night! Big Grin

im glad it played out how it did, I thoroughly enjoyed trying to predict all the protects it felt like we were master detectives Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 09:58 PM)LadySkunk Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Neowise Wrote: Exactly, a wolf doesn't add that, before the lynch results, as they know what Jans power is.

What difference did the lynch results make though if everyone already voted? And how come leg end looked wolfy for not saying about shooting her, I’d have thought it would be more wolfy to want her shot and get the extra life rather than want to lynch her? 

i sweat you had me drove demented over the acronyms Neo I had a total meltdown because it had nothing at all to do with me being a wolf I actually couldn’t remember any other ones until OMGUS pac

At that time, in the thread, i didn't have a clue why it matttered at all, probably still don't now, and at the time, i posted to say what kind of logic is this. but lorcan replied and himself believe there was logic to it.

Then, later, when there was a 50/50 chance of a wolf between lor and leg, i asked leg to explain the wolf mmotivation behind that post, especially the 'before the resuts part'. Now, you have to remomber that 1 of them is a wolf, right.
So, when i couldn't see the wolf motivation, and leg couildn't tell me the wolf motivation, it had to be village motivated, and if there was no wolf motivation, from the mouth of the wolf, then it sort of has to be villaage, doesn't it?

(08-10-2021, 09:55 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:37 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm not sure I would have, I made a point of playing this like I would as nrv, hence the high post count.

I think you were having perspective slips. You may think you were playing like you would as a villager, but becuase you knew things and were a wolf, you see things from a different perspective. Like that whole, 'you didn't consider that i could have been the target of lorcan and skunk lynch'. Who was the target of a run does not matter to a villager, just that a run for the game has happened or could have happened.
Neo, we always seem to misunderstand each other. Your post read like you were sure a wold pair would vote for you, rather than anyone else. It read like a fact, not a scenario.

In fairness, I did miss you saying I'd win if the wolves win. It's been a long week and I'm exhausted. I get too invested in Werewolf regardless of my alignment.

Great game from you and Lorcan though!

(08-10-2021, 09:58 PM)LadySkunk Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Neowise Wrote: Exactly, a wolf doesn't add that, before the lynch results, as they know what Jans power is.

So to a villager who isn't sure of how the Jan mechanic might work out, calling for the shot before the lynch is announced would give a very slim chance of a body hop into the lynched party.

Now body hops simply weren't possible in this game because we wouldn't be giving Liz access to another users account (it's a non anon game) but Lorcan speculating in that fashion is village motivated, imo anyways.

Neo, you interpret things completely differently to me.

You could of course be right that I was playing with a wolf perspective, but I'm not sure. Even Duff protected me one night!

(08-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Necro Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 09:58 PM)LadySkunk Wrote: What difference did the lynch results make though if everyone already voted? And how come leg end looked wolfy for not saying about shooting her, I’d have thought it would be more wolfy to want her shot and get the extra life rather than want to lynch her? 

So to a villager who isn't sure of how the Jan mechanic might work out, calling for the shot before the lynch is announced would give a very slim chance of a body hop into the lynched party.

Now body hops simply weren't possible in this game because we wouldn't be giving Liz access to another users account (it's a non anon game) but Lorcan speculating in that fashion is village motivated, imo anyways.
I would never have twigged about a body hop mot being possible because we were playing on our accounts! I wasn't sure myself for ages because liz didn't join until the second evening.

(08-10-2021, 10:15 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Necro Wrote: So to a villager who isn't sure of how the Jan mechanic might work out, calling for the shot before the lynch is announced would give a very slim chance of a body hop into the lynched party.

I would never have twigged about a body hop mot being possible because we were playing on our accounts! I wasn't sure myself for ages because liz didn't join until the second evening.

It was discussed as a possible power but because the majority of players wanted non anon (and also due to player numbers) we decided to go with the bulletproof option. 

Barney actually only had one bullet to begin as well and ye munched him JUST before he'd have earned a second bullet. So that was good play by the wolves Smile

(08-10-2021, 10:14 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Neo, you interpret things completely differently to me.

You could of course be right that I was playing with a wolf perspective, but I'm not sure. Even Duff protected me one night!

It's very hard to keep extra knowledge from your role out of your posting. @cee_jay mentioned this in the dead room and I agree with her that RVs can themselves seem very wolfy as much as wolves can, because they have that little bit of extra info the regular NRVs don't have. There's always something, no matter how slight that seeps through at some point I've found.

RE: The Office US : Overtime Hours - GAME THREAD - jp liz v1 - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @jp liz v1 and @LadySkunk we could have munched Barney. Duff missed the protect that night! Big Grin

OMG we could have been contenders, could have been classy winning wolves oh well another time another place another office 

@Leg End Reject you did one hell of a job till the end, bravo 

Village we handed ye the win, ye needed the office perk up, next time dance off 

Great game @Necro and @Trigger and now please the twist surprise threw it in finally  Big Grin

Fellow wolves @LadySkunk @Leg End Reject thank you 

Game mvp for me was @nothing