A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 31-07-2021

Hi folks,

Thanks to all for joining the forum so far. Hopefully we can make a go of it at least in the short term whilst Boards is undergoing... issues.. 

Word of mouth and the decently sized community on Forum Games is how we've accumulated quite a few signups already, but feel free to share with some like-minded individuals who may like a bit of craic and a game or two. The more the merrier!

Any bugs or features you would like please keep to this thread so the tech team can have a read and we will see what we can do

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Leg End Reject - 31-07-2021

All the threads are visible and easily accessible under the Forum Games banner on the homepage.

Could that be replicated to all the other topics please? It would make navigation much easier.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - ari101 - 31-07-2021

This is so cool, props to ye all, is there a Thanks button on mobile or am I blind? Big Grin

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - nothing - 31-07-2021

It's beside "reply"

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - ari101 - 31-07-2021

(31-07-2021, 06:44 PM)nothing Wrote: It's beside "reply"

I think I solved my problem by realising I wasn't seeing it because I wasn't logged in ... ooops Blush

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 01-08-2021

(31-07-2021, 02:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: All the threads are visible and easily accessible under the Forum Games banner on the homepage.

Could that be replicated to all the other topics please? It would make navigation much easier.

I think the forums are all set up the same... The Forum Games category is just... BIGGER so it seems more accessible I think?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 01-08-2021

I've had a report that some may not be able to see thanks. please let me know if this is happening for you so I can figure out commonality.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - nothing - 01-08-2021

I can see thanks, but having a little trouble on PM inbox, it's falling off the side of the screen so I can't jump to sent or other folders.

(01-08-2021, 05:15 PM)nothing Wrote: I can see thanks, but having a little trouble on PM inbox, it's falling off the side of the screen so I can't jump to sent or other folders.

okay, i can replicate
[Image: unknown.png]
will have a look into it now.

Thanks muchly!

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Leg End Reject - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 05:15 PM)nothing Wrote: I can see thanks, but having a little trouble on PM inbox, it's falling off the side of the screen so I can't jump to sent or other folders.

Turn your phone sideways and you can do it.

(01-08-2021, 05:25 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:

Turn your phone sideways and you can do it.

Don't bring logic into this! pac

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - ari101 - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 05:13 PM)Neowise Wrote: I've had a report that some may not be able to see thanks. please let me know if this is happening for you so I can figure out commonality.

I can't see Thanks in the old way, like I can see the button and see if I've thanked based on whether it says Thank/unThank but I don't see if anyone else has thanked a post if that's what you mean

(AVG browser on Desktop, Brave on Mobile)

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 01-08-2021

Can you share a screenshot or two please

Give me a min, this laptop is not set up properly yet so I need to figure out how to get it to save a screen shot or where I can paste one to do a save pic as pac

[Image: image.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2021-08-01-18-51-22-15-e44242...0a2cbc.jpg]

I'm assuming I should see a list of thanks somewhere?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 01-08-2021

Yes they should be displayed below the post.... I'll leave it with the tech heads.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Leg End Reject - 01-08-2021

Copy and paste from a previous post in the walrus thread:

Thanks aren't visible if you select "Display posts in classic mode" under Thread View options in your user CP. I found that out messing about with my setting.

Yes this was ticked in mine (I must have been having a tick fest) when I untick it I see the list of thanks Smile

(01-08-2021, 07:23 PM)ari101 Wrote: Yes this was ticked in mine (I must have been having a tick fest) when I untick it I see the list of thanks Smile

Thank you ari, we'll relay this to anyone else who has this issue.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 02-08-2021

Should be fixed for all screens down to a pixel width of 230.
hopefully this resolves the issue for you.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - nothing - 02-08-2021

(02-08-2021, 01:43 PM)Neowise Wrote:

Should be fixed for all screens down to a pixel width of 230.
hopefully this resolves the issue for you.

Enough that I can get the "go" button, thank you!

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Bounty hunter - 02-08-2021

I've been getting this post a good bit when not responding in the quick reply format

"There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again."

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 02-08-2021

(02-08-2021, 04:31 PM)Bounty hunter Wrote: I've been getting this post a good bit when not responding in the quick reply format

"There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again."

Hi Bounty,

If you could describe how to replicater the error, i  will look into it.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Bounty hunter - 03-08-2021

(Pm responded yesterday but) Seem to not have the same issue on mobile and my work computer anyway Big Grin

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 03-08-2021

I just received a PM there from Necro, but my email alert said that it came from Tusk's real name. I presume Tusk wouldn't want email notifications going out using his real name?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - ShaneU - 03-08-2021

On mobile is there any way to switch from just showing the time that the OP was posted to the time of the latest post?

For example this thread just says Necro, 07-31-2021, 02:08 PM

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 09:17 AM)quickbeam Wrote: I just received a PM there from Necro, but my email alert said that it came from Tusk's real name.  I presume Tusk wouldn't want email notifications going out using his real name?

Thanks for that QB, we'll get that fixed up shortly.

(03-08-2021, 10:15 AM)ShaneU Wrote: On mobile is there any way to switch from just showing the time that the OP was posted to the time of the latest post?

For example this thread just says Necro, 07-31-2021, 02:08 PM

Unfortunately it seems to be designed that way for the responsive theme we're using. I'll mention it to Neo and tusk anyways.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - E.N. - 03-08-2021

On mobile, using the simple dark theme, hyperlinks are shown as regular text, so it's not obvious they're there. I only noticed when I put one in myself, the "Welcome Back Sheep" in the comment below (the link still works, it's just the format)...

[Image: Screenshot-20210803-140442-Chrome.jpg]

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 03-08-2021

thanks EN. will get this sorted now.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 03-08-2021

Clearer links and Attachments now sorted. I want to do a bit more work on attachments, but for now, it's actually functional

So, as with oldBoards, you can click on the number of posts beside a threat and it will open a window showing how many posts per posters on that threat - great! However, unlike oldBoards, you can't click beside each player's post number to open up a list of their posts. So any chance we could get that, if at all possible?

Dates are American style. Any chance of changint to dd/mm/yyyy?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 05:50 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Dates are American style. Any chance of changint to dd/mm/yyyy?

This should be resolved.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

I've just gotten an alert one of my posts has been thanked, is this new?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I've just gotten an alert one of my posts has been thanked, is this new?

Yeah we've been popping in a few new features today. Well.. when I say we, I mean tusk and Neowise pac

I think it must be. I've had alerts when people quote me, or when there's a reply in a subscribed thread.

Nobody's thanked me yet ( Sad ), so I don't know for sure it happens then, but I assume it does.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 03-08-2021

In your user control panels there is a new section alert settings to tailor what alert you want and what you don't want to be alerted about.
[Image: unknown.png]

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 04-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 05:40 PM)quickbeam Wrote: So, as with oldBoards, you can click on the number of posts beside a threat and it will open a window showing how many posts per posters on that threat - great!  However, unlike oldBoards, you can't click beside each player's post number to open up a list of their posts.  So any chance we could get that, if at all possible?

I think we have found a plugin that will replicate this. Just waiting for the guys to get a chance to implement it.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

When you click on Next Oldest or Next Newest at the bottom of a thread, it doesn't bring you to the first unread post of that thread, it brings you to the end. It's a handy tool as it saves you going up a step only go go in to the next thread. But if it could bring you to the first unread that would be even better. Thanks.