A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 10:08 PM)Spears Wrote: Thanks for running Soapy! enjoyed the game and the daily voting.

I was confused with how the game was to be played from the OP, but it end up being straight forward. I don't know why I thought it was so complicated.

I did enjoy that your subject line for every single PM was "mind boggling game"

New games always sound far more complicated than they actually are, whereas most games are pretty straightforward once you start actually playing it.

(08-09-2021, 07:48 PM)Kol Wrote: As I mentioned in my pm, a great concept and I think we will see more of these, maybe themed and tweaked a little as they go along.

Yeah there's a few things I'd tweak if I were to host again. I think leaning more into the tournament aspect and having two songs going head-to-head rather than the groups of 5 might be more interesting overall as the SHEEP leaderboard would likely be much closer and more fluid, and it'd give a lot of the songs much more of a chance to progress to the next stage of the game.

With that style of tournament you could put up 3 or 4 matches a night as well to get through more gameplay each day.

And of course the them doesn't always have to be music, so you could have games based around Film, TV, etc. as well.

Personally, I would love to see more of this type of game anyway that blends a few games into one, since from a hosting perspective I found it very enjoyable and easily manageable.

(08-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick - As a newbie to these things I really enjoyed that. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

Glad you enjoyed it. Always great to have newbies on board... sure we were all newbies once... before you know it you'll be running your own games no bother...

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Sawduck - 09-09-2021

Congrats Shane

Really great idea for a game, great job soapy

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Neowise - 09-09-2021

Congrats Shane.

Thanks for the game Rachel, was fun and i'd join another of the same.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 09-09-2021

I liked the extra points in the bonus round. 

and the fact that I almost won even having missed out on a round. would have been a great curveball if I had have bagged it in the end Tongue

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 24-09-2021

Just spotted this acoustic version of YUNGBLUD - fleabag came out on YouTube today. 

I think I like it more than the original track.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 28-09-2021

YUNGBLUD is on Never Mind the Buzzcocks this week, introduced as sounding like an old woman when he talks... Which he does!